Sr. Etl Developer Resume
- Over 6 years of experience in developing database and Data warehouse application using INFORMATICA, Oracle, Pl/sql and Unix Tools.
- Skilled in Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1,7.1.4(Repository Manager, workflowManager and workflow monitor and Designer)Power Exchange and Powermart 7x and Complex data exchange (CDE) - Content Master Studio.
- Extensive experience in developing Informatica mappings and mapplets utilizing most of the informatica transformations.
- Created sessions, workflows, worklets, and scheduling using Control M scheduler& DACas well as informatica scheduler.
- Extensively worked on Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Experience in debugging procedures and packages
- Extensively worked on oracle procedures/functions/packages/triggers/tunings
- Skilled in creation of ORACLE database schemas, Objects (Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Synonyms)
- Strong able to manage Teradata Environments
- Worked on tuning of Informatica mappings/sessions
- Well versed with Data Modeling, Data warehousing concepts using Kimball’s methodology- Dimensional modeling, star schema in implementing Decision Support Systems
- Experience in entire Software Development Life cycle involving Analysis, Design, and Development using JAVA 2.0
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and Strong understanding of ETL best practices
- Assign work and provide technical oversight to onshore and offshore developers
- Leadership role in producing the system design documents and Statement of Work for an off-shore team
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/7.x/6.x, Informatica PowerMart 7x
Reporting Tools: Cognos Business Intelligence, Business Objects, Oracle BI tools.
Databases: Oracle 9i/8i/7.x, MS SQL Server 2000/5, cache, Teradata, IBM DB2, MS Access,control M
Database Tools: TOAD 8.6, Aqua Data Studio, Mload, SQL plus, Query Analyzer, SQL Assistant
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++,Java, ASP, HTML, XML, XSD Programming, Unix Shell programming
GUI: Oracle Developer 2000 & Report Builder
Data Modeling: Erwin 4.1/4.0/3.5.2
Hardware: SunSparc 1140, SunSparc Ultra 2, IBM PC’s
Operating System: WIN 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris
Sr. ETL developer
- Worked with various business users for requirement gathering and analysis
- Good knowledge on medical products and terminology
- Designed ETL mapping document to map source data elements to the target based in Star-Schema dimensional model
- Involved in designing of star schema based data model with dimensions and facts
- Designed and developed complex mappings using various transformations in Designer to extract the data from relational sources like Oracle, SQL Server, and non-relational source like flat files to perform mappings based on company requirements and load into Oracle tables
- Worked extensively on Informatica Designer, workflow manager to create, sessions, workflows and monitor the results and validate them according to the requirement
- Worked on Informatica repository manager for creating users, groups, assigning Read, write, execute privileges for Users by assigning users to groups, creating folders and changing to share folders
- Created shortcuts in individually assigned folders for the sources and Targets which are imported into a Centralized shared folder
- Created complex SCD type 1 & type 2 mappings using lookup, Joiner, aggregator, Filter, Normalizer, Update Strategy and Router Transformations
- Worked on Power Exchange CDC option to distill updates from unchanged background data and to deliver them to multiple targets without intermediate queues or staging tables
- Created XSD for XML files, imported into Designer as XML source qualifier
- Used different tasks (Session, Command, Decision, Timer, Email, Event-Raise, Event-Wait, Control) in the workflow
- Performance Tuned Informatica Targets, Sources, mappings and sessions for large data files by increasing data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based commit interval
- Created pre-session and post-session shell scripts and mail-notifications
- Performed error handling for removing database exceptional errors
- Used Debugger utility of the Informatica tool to check the errors in the mapping and made appropriate changes in the mappings to generate the required results
- Worked with tools like TOAD to write queries and generate the result
- Good at analysis and tuning in Teradata SQL
- Managed Change control implementation
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the Informatica mappings
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 (Informatica Server, Informatica Repository Server, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), Solaris 10, Oracle 10g, Informatica Power Exchange, SQL Server 2005, PL/SQL, Flat files, XML Files, Erwin 4.0, TOAD 8.6
Sr. ETL developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Designed and developed the Extraction, Transform and Load process by studying the business requirement from the users.
- Applied business rules to transform the data.
- Designed and build mappings and reusable objects using Informatica.
- Developed Mappings using various transformations like connected/unconnected Lookups, Filters, Aggregators, Update strategy, Routers, Joiners XML depending upon requirement.
- Good understanding of data warehousing, web reporting, and executive dashboard concepts.
- Used dashboard software products with infinite drill-down capabilities and access to essentially every data source you need to view.
- Applied business rules to transform the data. Responsible for creating universes and reports in Business Objects Web Intelligence activities.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Created Schedulers to monitor Broadcast Agent.
- Set up groups and users for Business Objects deployment. Managed user profiles using Supervisor.
- Performed joinson tables manually in the universe and created classes and objects as per requirements.
- Involved in unit testing, systems testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Scheduled and monitored sessions and batches on the Informatica Server using Informatica Workflow Manager and ControlM Scheduler
- Extensively used complex data exchange to extract the information from the documents like MS word and Adobe PDF which also involved the XSD programming to get XML sources
- System support for informatica jobs during production.
- Migration of the mapping from Development to test and test to production database.
- Extensively worked on the Sybase database to get the data from the stored procedure.
- Migration of the data from the db2 data base to Teradata
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.3 (Informatica Server, Informatica Repository Server, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), Oracle 10g, Aqua Data studio, Control M, Windows XP, Sun Solaris 9, Flat Files, Toad 8.6
Confidential, New York
- Involved in meetings with business groups for Mapping Data Items from Source Systems to the Target System
- Created ETL processes to extract the source data from Databases, Flat files and load it into the Enterprise-wide data warehouse after cleansing, transforming and integrating
- Understanding and Preparation of requirement for E-business application
- Extracted the Data from different source systems in various jobs like Oracle, DAT files
- Proto types and ER- diagrams for E-business application module.
- Running the SQL scripts from TOAD and creating Oracle Objects like tables, views, Indexes,sequences and users.
- Writing the commonly used oracle stores procedures and functions for e-business applications.
- Preparing the test cases and performing the unit testing for e-business application
- Implementation database and codes at the client location
- Daily and weekly database backups.
- Database monitoring, table space extension, user locks checking on daily basis.
- Creation of users, database schemas, tables, indexes, views and sequences.
- Version controlling of SQL scripts, reports, Java codes and documents using Microsoft VSS
- Preparation of requirement and design documents.
Environment: Jdk1.2, Java Mail API 1.2, Oracle 7.3.4, TOAD, VISIO, ERWIN.
- Designed and created ETL mappings using Informatica Mapping Designer.
- Worked extensively on performance tuning by making changes to SQL in Source Analyzer.
- Used various Informatica transformations like expressions, filters, joiners, aggregators, routers and lookups to load better and consistent data into the targets.
- Fine-Tuned Existing Mappings for better performance. Documented Mappings and Transformations.
- Responsible for Technical documentation of ETL Process.
- Support of Production, Development and Test Environments of Oracle Databases for multiple applications and ETL processes.
- Interacted with end users and gathered requirements.
- Wrote procedures, functions in PL/SQL, troubleshooting and performance tuning of PL/SQL scripts.
- Creation of facts and dimensions according to the business requirements.
- Monitoring and improving performance of daily jobs on Oracle database.
- Identifying integrity constraints for tables.
- Developed procedures and functions using PL/SQL and developed critical reports.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 5.1/6.2, Oracle 8i, SQL *PLUS, PL/SQL, TOAD
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes