Sr. Informatica Developer Resume
- Seven years of experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that includes expertise in the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Modeling, Testing and Support for Data Warehouse applications.
- Seven years of experience in Data Warehousing using the tool Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.1/8.6/7.1 . (Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Power Center Administration Console)
- Three years of experience in using Business Intelligence applications such as OBIEE 11X, Business Objects, SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
- Experienced in working for clients from Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Banking and Retail Sector.
- Extensively used applications in the Informatica Power Center Designer such as Source Analyzer, Transformation Developer, Confidential Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Schedulers.
- Developed complex mappings using transformations such as Aggregator, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Filter, Joiner, Expression, Filter, Sorter, Router, Normalizer, Source Qualifier and Update Strategy.
- Experience working with various heterogeneous source systems such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL server, XML files, flat files, Teradata, Netezza and MySQL server.
- Performed ETL performance tuning of the sources, targets, transformations, mappings, workflows and sessions to resolve or remove the bottlenecks.
- Expert in using debugger in the Informatica Power Center Designer to test and fix errors in the mappings
- Strong background in Data Warehousing concepts and implementing Dimensional modeling concepts (Star and Snowflake schema, type 2 and type 3 SCD’s).
- Experience in using SQL tools such as TOAD/ SQL Developer/ SQL Plus/ SQL Loader to run SQL queries and validate the data.
- Extensively used PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers and involved in DB partitioning for improving performance of SQL queries.
- Used the Semantic Layer concept to guarantee correct results, improve database performance and improving user understanding and acceptance.
- Knowledge about SOA 10g and 11g components (BPEL, Mediator, Human Task, Business rules).
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM) to create and maintain accurate lists of master data
- Experience in Unix shell scripting and Teradata utilities (BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOAD, SQL Assistant).
- Experience working on the Netezza Twinfin 24 server and knowledge about the Netezza architecture.
- Experience in Unix/Solaris OS commands and in scheduling tools like Autosys and Tidal.
- Knowledge of Erwin and FACT for Data Modeling.
- Strong trouble - shooting, problem solving, analytical and design skills.
- Effective skills in communication and writing along with a professional attitude and strong work ethic.
Data Warehouse/ETL: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/9.1/8.6/7.1, Informatica Power Exchange 9.0
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling-Star and Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling; Erwin 7.1.3
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 7.0/2008/2005, Teradata, MySQL, DB2
Languages: PL/SQL, T-SQL, C, Perl, Python, Matlab and R
Operating System: Unix/Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows 7/2000/2008
Other tools and utilities: SQL Plus, TOAD, Business Objects 6.5, OBIEE 11.1.3, SSIS, Netezza
Confidential, Lafayette, LA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved in analysis of the requirements.
- Developed various medium and complex mappings for Loading Data in to Confidential tables using Informatica.
- Implemented Complex logic, Error Handling logic.
- Testing - Involved in Unit and System Testing, reviewing the mappings to check the data consistency.
- Preparing High Level Design Document, Detailed Design Document.
- Developing theETL Code using Informatica Performing Unit Testing of ETL Code.
- Worked on projects in Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall development methodologies for Informatica.
- Worked withInformaticaData Quality 9.1 (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ 8.6.1.
- Identified and eliminated duplicates in datasets thorough IDQ 9.1 components of Edit Distance, Jaro Distance and Mixed Field matcher, it enables the creation of a single view of customers, help control costs associated with mailing lists by preventing multiple pieces of mail.
- Responsible for reviewing Business Requirement document.
- Translated user requirements into system solutions.
- Involved in Logical Data Modeling and Database design.
- Designed and developed Oracle Star Schema Data mart.
- Involved in Data Analysis of the OLTP system to identify sources data elements.
- Worked with Oracle, Flat files, Teradata and SQL Server source systems.
- Prepared Technical Specification Document.
- Prepared Source to TargetETL mapping documents.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings, Reusable Sessions, Work lets, Workflows, Dynamic Parameter files.
- Designed and implemented Audit control and Exception control strategies.
- Provided solutions for various performance bottle necks in Informatica Mappings.
- Designed and Developed Autosys jil scripts to Schedule Informatica workflows.
- Developed various shell scripts using Koran Shell to Integrate various components.
- Created test cases and pseudo test data to verify accuracy and completeness ofETL process.
- Involved in Unit testing, System Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Used slowly changing dimensions (SCD) like Type 1 and Type 2 to handle the delta loads and to update slowly changing dimension tables.
- Onsite Coordinator for entire Data Migration team, responsible for requirements gathering, preparing mapping specifications, analysis on requirement gaps and data model.
- Building ETL strategy to ensure proper migration.
- Developed complexETL jobs using informatica.
- Knowledge Transfer sessions to offshore team.
- Conducting code review which is been developed by the team. Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, IDQ 9.1, Informatica power exchange 9.5, Oracle 11G, SQL Server, Flat files, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD 9.1, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Tivoli, Microsoft Visio Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, Informatica 8.X, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Informatica ETL Developer
- Interact with Business Analyst to assist him in Understanding the Source and Confidential System.
- Modified existing / developed new complex Informatica Power Center Mappings to extract and pull the data according to the guidelines provided by the business users and populate the data into Confidential Systems.
- Responsible to pull the data from XML files, Flat files (Fixed width & Delimited) and COBOL files by using complex transformations like Normalizer, XML Source Qualifier etc.
- Converted EDI X12 format files claims to XML files using parser in B2B data transformation.
- Extracted and transformed data from various sources like Teradata and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Managed Hyperion 9 MDM application in production, quality assurance and development environment.
- Managed Hyper DRM/MDM version, hierarchies and dimension to facilitate Hyperion HFM(external) and GRS(internal) reporting system.
- Involved in generating Mload and Tpump scripts to load the data into Teradata tables.
- Involved in both creating and maintaining master data while adhering to the MDM architecture.
- Created Mappings using Mapping Designer to load the data from various sources, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Unconnected), Aggregator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter, and Sorter transformations.
- Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters.
- Informatica Data Explorer (IDE) and Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6.1) are the tools are used here. IDE is used for data profiling over metadata and IDQ 8.6.1 for data quality measurement.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision mail, command, worklets, assignment, timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Worked on Power Center Designer tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Used Debugger within the Mapping Designer to test the data flow between source and Confidential and to troubleshoot the invalid mappings.
- Designed and developed UNIX Shell scripts to report job failure alerts.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential, parallel, and initial and Incremental Load.
- Worked on SQL tools like TOAD and SQL Developer to run SQL Queries and validate the data.
- Scheduled Informatica Jobs through Autosys scheduling tool.
- Assisted QA team to fix and find solutions for the production issues.
- Prepared all documents necessary for knowledge transfer such as ETL strategy, ETL development standards, ETL processes, etc.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, IDQ 8.6.1, Oracle 11g, Teradata, Netezza, Erwin, PL/SQL, Autosys, MS-SQL Server 2008, Toad, MS-Visio, Windows XP, SSIS, Hyperion MDM, OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1, JAVA.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
ETL - Informatica Developer
- Analyzed the source data, coordinated with Data Warehouse team in developing Relational Model. Designed and developed logical and physical models to store data retrieved from other sources including legacy systems.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 to extract data from various sources and load in to staging database.
- Interacted with business representatives for Need Analysis and to define Business and Functional Specifications. Participated in the Design team and user requirement gathering.
- Used Power Exchange interface to get the data from mainframe files.
- Performed source data analysis. Primary data sources were from Oracle & SQL server 2005.
- Involved in using Erwin for physical and logical data modeling.
- Developed various Mappings with the collection of all Sources, Targets, and Transformations.
- Extensively used transformations such as Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy, Joiner, Transaction Control and Stored Procedure.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from multiple sources to Staging area (Oracle 10g) using Informatica Power Center 8.1.1.
- Worked on a Master Data Management (MDM/Reference data, Customer Information File (CIF), Customer Data Integration (CDI) project in the financial services.
- Created Informatica mappings and mapplets and also tuned them for Optimum performance, Dependencies and Batch Design.
- Tuned sources, targets, mappings and sessions to improve the performance of data load.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension methodology for accessing the full history.
- Created Several Informatica Mappings to populate the data into dimensions and fact tables.
- Worked cooperatively with the team members to identify and resolve various issues relating to Informatica and other database related issues.
- Designing mapping templates to specify high level approach.
- Migrated repository objects, services and scripts from development environment to production environment. Exte nsive experience in troubleshooting and solving migration issues and production issues.
- Involved in Unit testing and documentation.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Hyperion MDM, TOAD 8.6.1, Flat File,Sybase, SQL Server 2005,Business Objects, Windows NT, UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Responsible for Evaluation, Analysis, Design, Development and Delivery of Interfaces (ETL) using Informatica.
- Worked on Informatica tool Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer.
- Extensively used Transformations like Aggregator, Router, Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator.
- Created reusable transformations.
- Created data mappings to extract data from different source Databases, transformed the data using ETL Informatica Transformations then load to Oracle data warehouse. Defined Confidential Load Order Plan and Constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different Confidential Tables.
- Coded walkthrough with Developers and Client teams.
- Set up of Unit / Integrated testing of interfaces (ETL) and documentation.
- Implemented the Database components (Stored procedures). Alter the existing stored procedures as per design.
- Created effective Test Cases and did Unit and Integration Testing to ensure the successful execution of data loading process.
- Provided support to QA testing team to clarify changes and resolve testing issues or bugs.
- Scheduled Sessions and Batches on the Informatica Server using Informatica Server Manager/Workflow Manager.
- Responsible for Production support, Performance tuning and Batch monitoring activity.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle, 11g/10g, SQL Server 2008, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Windows Server 2008, UNIX, Shell Scripting.
- Responsibilities included development of various PL/SQL stored Procedures and Functions.
- Wrote various SQL* Loader scripts to load data into oracle database and experience in using SQL scripts to validate the integrity of data.
- Developed various stored procedures, packages, and cursors in PL/SQL.
- Creation of database objects like Tables, Views, Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Optimized the queries to improve the performance of the application.
- Created Batch Jobs and UNIX Scripts to automate the process.
Environment: SQL Plus, SQL Developer, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, SQL Loader, Windows NT Server/XP, UNIX.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes