- Around 10 years of IT experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes User Interaction, Business Analysis/Modeling, Design, Development, Integration, Planning and testing and documentation in data warehouse applications, ETL processing and distributed applications. Excellent domain knowledge of Banking Financial, Manufacturing and Insurance.
- 8+ years of Strong expertise in using ETL ToolInformaticaPower Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager, Data Quality (IDQ) and ETL concepts.
- Extensive experience with Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) from disparate data sources like Multiple Relational Databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL SERVER, DB2), VSAM and Flat Files
- Experience in working with master data management (MDM) and data quality (DQ).
- Experience in InformaticaPowerCenter with WebService Sources and Targets.
- Experience in Hadoop Ecosystem: Cloudera 5.6 (HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, etc.)
- Experience in working with Cloud environment using AWS product (RDS, S3 Bucket, SNS, Snowflake, AWS cli etc.)
- Heavily used nested JSON file to load data from AWS s3 bucket to Snowflake.
- Strong experience withInformaticatools using real - time Change Data Capture and MD5.
- Performed the data profiling and analysis making use ofInformaticaData Quality (IDQ) 10.0/9. x.
- Worked with various transformations like Normalizer, expression,rank, filter, group, aggregator, lookups, joiner, sequence generator, sorter, SQLT, stored procedure, Update strategy, Source Qualifier, Transaction Control, JAVA, Union, CDC etc. Worked with Teradata utilities like Fast Load and Multi Load and Tpump and Teradata Parallel transporter and highly experienced in Teradata SQL Programming.
- Experienced in Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT). Used full PDO on Teradata and worked with different Teradata load operators.
- Designing and developingInformaticamappings including Type-I, Type-II, slowly changing dimensions (SCD).
- Experienced in using advanced concepts ofInformaticalike push down optimization (PDO).
- Validating data files against their control files and performing technical data quality checks to certify source file usage.
- Very good in data modeling knowledge in Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, FACT and Dimensions tables.
- Experienced in writing SQL, PL/SQL programming, Stored Procedures, Package, Functions, Triggers,Views, Materialized Views.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Debugging of existing ETL processes.
- Experience in working with Power Exchangeto process the VSAM files.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts to process Data Warehouse jobs, file operation purpose and data analytics purpose.
- Coordinating with Business Users, functional Design team and testing team during the different phases of project development and resolving the issues.
- Decent skills in defining standards, methodologies and performing technical design reviews.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner, team player.
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Co-ordination from various business users' stakeholders and SME to get Functional expertise, design and business test scenarios review, UAT participation and validation of data from multiple discreate sources.
- Created Mappings using Mapping Designer to load the data from various sources, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (Connected and Unconnected), Aggregator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Filter, and Sorter transformations.
- Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters.
- Worked on Power Center Designer tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and TransformationDeveloper.
- Used Debugger within the Mapping Designer to test the data flow between source and target and to troubleshoot the invalid mappings.
- Worked on SQL tools like TOAD and SQLDeveloperto run SQL Queries and validate the data.
- ScheduledInformaticaJobs through Autosys scheduling tool.
- Extensively used advance chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Bubble Charts, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Developed of key indicators and the appropriate tracking reports with graphical and written summations using summary and Annotations to assist in the quality improvement initiatives.
- Created quick Filters Customized Calculations, Conditional formatting for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Studying the existing system and conducting reviews to provide a unified view of the program.
- Involved in creatingInformaticamappings, mapplets, worklets and workflows to populate the data from different sources to warehouse.
- Created Global Prompts, Narrative Views, Charts, Pivot Tables, Compound layouts to design the dashboards.
- Responsible to facilitate load testing and benchmarking the developed product with the set performance standards.
- Used MS Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point to process data, create reports, analyze metrics, implement verification procedures, and fulfill client requests for information.
- Used Teradata utility like BTEQ, FLOAD MLOAD and TPUMP scripts to load the data into Teradata tables.
- Involved in testing the database using complex SQL scripts and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Involved in Onsite & Offshore coordination to ensure the completeness of Deliverables.
Environment: InformaticaPowerCenter 8.6.1/8.1.1 ,Cognos 9, SQL Server 2008, IDQ 8.6.1, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, TOAD, Putty, Autosys Scheduler, UNIX, Teradata 13, Erwin 7.5, ESP, WinScp
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Analyze business requirements, technical specification, source repositories and physical data models for ETL mapping and process flow.
- Worked extensively with mappings using expressions, aggregators, filters, lookup, joiners, update strategy and stored procedure transformations.
- Extensively used Pre-SQL and Post-SQL scripts for loading the data into the targets according to the requirement.
- Developed mapping to load Fact and Dimension tables, for type 1 and type 2 dimensions and incremental loading and unit tested the mappings.
- Extracted data from a web service source, transform data using a web service, and load data into a web service target.
- Experience in real time Web Services which performs a lookup operation using key column as input and provided response with multiple rows of data belonging to key.
- Used Web Service Provider Writer to send Flat file target as attachments and also for sending email from within a mapping.
- Imported Hive table using PowerExchange.
- PowerExchange for Hadoop accesses Hadoop to extract data from HDFS or load data to HDFS/Hive.
- Createdinformaticamapping which read data from HDFS and populated in ASW s3 in JSON format.
- Wrote complex SQL query to load JSON data (present in s3) into snowflake database.
- Coordinate and develop all documents related to ETL design and development.
- Involved in designing the Data Mart models with ERwin using Star schema methodology.
- Used repository manager to create repository, user's groups and managed users by setting up privileges and profile.
- Used debugger to debug the mapping and correct them.
- Performed Database tasks such as creating database objects (tables, views, procedures, functions).
- Responsible for debugging and performance tuning of targets, sources, mappings and sessions.
- Optimized the mappings and implementing the complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations and Mapplets.
- Involved in writing BTEQ, MLOAD and TPUMP scripts to load the data into Teradata tables.
- Optimized the source queries in order to control the temp space and added delay intervals depending upon the business requirement for performance
- UsedInformaticaworkflowmanager for creating, running the Batches and Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time.
- Executed sessions, sequential and concurrent batches for proper execution of mappings and set up email delivery after execution.
- Preparing Functional Specifications, System Architecture/Design, Implementation Strategy, Test Plan & Test Cases.
- Implemented and documented all the best practices used for the data warehouse.
- Improving the performance of the ETL by indexing and caching.
- Created Workflows, tasks, database connections, FTP connections using workflow manager.
- Responsible for identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations and fixing bugs.
- Code walks through with team members.
- Developed stored procedures using PL/SQL and driving scripts using Unix Shell Scripts.
- Created UNIX shell scripting for automation of ETL processes.
- Used UNIX for check in's and check outs of workflows and config files in to the Clearcase.
- Automated ETL workflows using Control-M Scheduler.
- Involved in production deployment and later moved into warranty support until transition to production support team.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting issues for the Daily, weekly and Monthly processes. Also, work on resolving issues on priority basis and report it to management.
Environment: InformaticaPowerCenter 10.0, IDQ 10.0, Oracle 11g, Teradata 14.1.0, AWS s3 bucket, SNS,Snowflake, WebService,HDFS, Hive,Teradata SQL Assistant, MSSQL Server 2012, DB2, Erwin 9.2, DAC Scheduler, Putty, Shell Scripting, Clearcase, Putty, WinSCP, Notepad++, JIRA, Control-M V8, Tableau 10.
Confidential, Peoria, IL
- Gathering requirements and implement them into source to target mappings.
- Experience in integration of data sources like SQL server and MS access and non-relational sources like flat files into staging area.
- Designing custom reports via SQL Reporting Services to align with requests from internal account teams and external Clients.
- Designed and developed Technical and Business Data Quality rules in IDQ (InformaticaDeveloper) and created the Score Card to present it to the Business users for a trending analysis(InformaticaAnalyst)
- Effectively worked on Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Extensively used Sequence Generator in all mappings and fixed bugs / tickets raised in production for existing mappings in common folder for new files through versioning (Check in and Check out) on an urgency through support for QA in component unit testing and validation.
- Used shortcuts for sources, targets, transformations, mapplets, and sessions to reuse objects without creating multiple objects in the repository and inherit changes made to the source automatically.
- IntegratedInformaticaData Quality (IDQ) withInformaticaPowerCenter and Created POC data quality mappings inInformaticaData Quality tool and imported them intoInformaticaPowerCenter as Mappings, Mapplets
- Applied slowly changing Dimensions Type I and Type II on business requirements.
- Extensively worked on performance tuning and also in isolating header and footer in single file.
- Working with large amounts of data independently executing data analysis, utilizing appropriate tools and techniques (Interpreting results and presenting them to both internal and external client.
- Writing SQL queries to create end-user reports /Developing SQL Queries and stored procedures in support of ongoing work and application support.
- Used Cognos Transformer to build multidimensional cubes
- Standardized data to create master record using MDM
- Designing and executing test scripts and test scenarios, reconciling data between multiple data sources and systems.
- Involved in requirement gathering, Design, testing, project coordination and migration.
- Project planning and scoping, facilitating meetings for project phases, deliverables, escalations and approval. Ensure adherence to SDLC and project plan.
- Worked on Multidimensional Models and created Reports in Report Studio using Cubes as a data sources.
- Effectively understood session error logs and used debugger to test mapping and fixed bugs in DEV in following change procedures and validation.
- Raised change requests, analyzed and coordinated resolution of program flaws and fixed them in DEV and Pre-Production environments, during the subsequent runs and PROD.
- Perform analysis profiling on existing data and identify root causes for data inaccuracies, Impact Analysis and recommendation of Data Quality.
- Precisely documented mappings to ETL Technical Specification document for all stages for future reference.
- Scheduled jobs for running daily, weekly and monthly loads through control-M for each workflow in a sequence with command and event tasks.
- Created requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents, ETL technical specifications document and test case.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Aggregators, Filters, Routers, Sequence Generator Update Strategy, Rank, Expression, lookups (connected and unconnected), Mapping Parameters, Session parameters, Mapping Variables and Session Variables.
- Responsible for studying the existing data warehouse and also working on migrating existing PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, triggers and functions toInformaticaPower Center.
- Fine-tuned ETL processes by considering mapping and session performance issues.
- Responsible for Creating workflows and Worklets. Created Session, Event, Command, Control, Decision and Email tasks in Workflow Manager.
- Maintained the proper communication between other teams and client.
Environment: InformaticaPower Center 8.1, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting,SQL Server 2008, Sybase, Oracle 11g, DB2, Control-M,Cognos8.4.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Involved in full life cycle development including Design, ETL strategy, troubleshooting Reporting, and Identifying facts and dimensions.
- Reviewing the requirements with business, doing regular follow ups and obtaining sign offs.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e - mail, command, worklets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Moving the data from source systems to different schemas based on the dimensions and fact tables by using the slowly changing dimensions (SCD) type 2 and type 1.
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Source Qualifier, Lookup, Router, Rank, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure and Union to develop robust mappings in theInformaticaDesigner.
- Done analysis of Source, Requirements, existing OLTP system and identification of required dimensions and facts from the Database.
- TuningInformaticaMappings and Sessions for optimum performance.
- Developed various mapping by using reusable transformations.
- Prepared the required application design documents based on functionality required.
- Designed the ETL processes usingInformaticato load data from Oracle, Flat Files (Fixed Width and Delimited) to staging database and from staging to the target Warehouse database.
- Worked on database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are running, scheduled, completed and failed. If the session fails debug the Mapping.
- Involved in testing Unit and integration Testing ofInformaticaSessions, Batches, fixing invalid Mappings
- Defined the program specifications for the data migration programs, as well as the necessary test plans used to ensure the successful execution of the data loading processes.
- Developed and executed scripts to schedule loads, for callingInformaticaworkflows using PMCMD command.
- Worked on Dimensional Data Modeling using Data modeling tool Erwin.
- Populated Data Marts and did System Testing of the Application.
- Built theInformaticaworkflows to load table as part of data load.
- Wrote Queries, Procedures and functions that are used as part of different application modules.
- Implemented the best practices for the creation of mappings, sessions and workflows and performance optimization.
- Created InformaticaTechnical and mapping specification documents according to Business standards.
Environment: InformaticaPower Center 8.1, IDQ 8.1, Oracle 10g, Toad, SQLDeveloper, UNI