- 8+Years of IT Experience with more than 7 years of Experience with ETL Tool in Designing, Development and Implementation of Data Warehouses & Data marts with Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x as an ETL tool
- Extensive experience in all areas of Project Life Cycle including requirements analysis, system analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Strong working experience on DSS (Decision Support Systems) applications, directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) of data from Legacy Systems using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using Expressions, Joiners, Routers, Lookups, and Update strategy, Source Qualifiers, Aggregators to develop and load data in to different target types.
- Experienced in full life cycle Implementation of DatawareHouse including data extraction, data cleaning, mapping, uploading and testing
- Extensive experience in creating the Workflows, Worklets, Mappings, Mapplets, Reusable transformations and scheduling the Workflows and sessions using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large - scale data warehouses using Power Center and Power Exchange
- Proficient in the integration of various data sources such as Flat files,DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, XML Files into ODS
- Experience with high volume datasets from various sources like Oracle, Text Files, and xml targets
- Proficient in the development of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes with a good understanding of source to target data mapping, ability to define, capture Meta data and Business rules
- Knowledge in Data Analyzer tools like Informatica DataQuality, Informatica Data Explorer and Informatica Power Exchange
- Worked extensively with debugger and tuning of ETL processes to improve the overall performance.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP, MS DOS, UNIX
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 10.x/9.x,Informatica Power Exchange 8.1.
Databases: Oracle8.i/9.i/10g, SQL Server 2005/2000, MS Access2000, DB2
Oracle Utilities/Tools/Data Modelling/Data Quality: Toad, SQL* Loader, PL/SQL, MS Visio / Developer 2000 Dimensional Data Modelling, Star Join Schema Modeling, SnowFlake Schema, FACT and Dimensional Tables, WinSCP, Putty, Toad 8.0/9.1S, Rally.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Data warehouse Informatica Developer
- Handle complete software development lifecycle to ensure required components delivered at every defined milestone strategic planning, staffing and delivery commitments from affected delivery and support organizations to ensure successful delivery of technology components.
- Responsible for developing ETL processes/programs with Informatica Power Center to extract data from the client's operational databases, transform and filter the data, and load it into target database.
- Responsible for testing the MDM match result and coordinating with the MDM team for the match rules. Develop ETL process to load the data into MDM landing tables and from landing to staging tables and also MDM base Object tables.
- Develop ETL procedures to ensure conformity, compliance with standards and lack of redundancy, translates business rules and functionality requirements into ETL procedures using Informatica Power Center.
- Provided support to platform Upgrade and enhancements.
- Waite UNIX Shell Scripts for file validations and archival.
- Involved in extracting data from legacy systems and designed, developed and documented multiple interfaces using Informatica ETL tool.
- Responsible for Informatica data quality and Informatica data validation after loading the data to target systems
- Implement performance tuning techniques of the ETL programs to load the data efficiently.
- Work in debugging using Debugger, session log messages, server messages, client messages
Environment: Power Center 9.6.1, Power Exchange for Web services, B2B DT, DB2, SQL Server, TWS (Tivoli Workflow scheduler)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Data Warehouse Informatica Developer
- Worked on Informatica power center since 2 years, supporting two primary warehouses (IRW) in client environment.
- Designed Source to Target mappings from primarily Flat files and Oracle using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in design, development and implementation of ETL process in power center.
- Involved in managing, scheduling and monitoring the workflow sessions.
- Involved in conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and used star schema in designing the data warehouse.
- Involved in Error handling, bug fixing, Session monitoring, log analysis.
- Co-ordination with different teams in environment, such as DBA’s, windows network, UNIX, sap security.
- Worked on Power Mart client tools viz. Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformations Developer.
- Wrote a number of stored procedures to validate the complex mappings and automated the validation process.
- Created, optimized, reviewed, and executed SQL test queries to validate transformation rules used in source to target mappings/source views, and to verify data in target tables
Environment: Informatica - Power Center 9.6.1,netezza Oracle 9i/10g,teradata Rational Clear Quest, MS SQL Server 2000/2005 (SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler), DB2, SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX Shell Scripting, TOAD and Windows NT/2000.
- Involved in the analysis, design, coding and testing of the data analysis and warehouse build phase (ETL).
- Responsible for the design of mapping and delivering the Business data for the data warehouse from existing data sources.
- Created Complex mappings with transformations involving expressions, lookup, rank, formalizer, update strategy and stored procedure
- Developed Mapplets, Mappings and configured sessions
- Developed reusable transformations to load data from flat files and other data sources to the Data warehouse.
- Accomplished data movement process that load data from DB2 into Teradata by the development of Korn Shell scripts, using Teradata SQL and utilities such as BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTILOAD, Winddi and Queryman
- Creating batches and sessions and optimizing the loading process with partitioning and caching.
- Finding Data Errors.
- Performance Tuning of Sessions and Mappings.
- Assisted operation support team for transactional data loads in developing SQL Loader & Unix scripts
- Created reports using Business Objects
Environment: Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Informatica (Power Center 5.1), DB2, UNIX Scripting (Ksh), Business Objects 5.1.