- 9+ years of IT experience with in depth knowledge in design, development, enhancement of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence applications for Financial, banking, insurance, Retail and manufacturing industries.
- Strong development skills and ability to work through entire software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Extensively worked on developing Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Workflows and Worklets for data loads from different sources like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Flat files, XML data with various data formats.
- Extensively worked with Teradata utilities likeBTEQ, Fast Export, Fast Load, Multi Loadto export and load data to/from different source systems including flat files.
- Expertise in using Informatica Power center / Power Mart for data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) from desperate data sources like oracle, SQL server, flat files, MS Access, JMS and XML files and load the data into different targets.
- Expertise in extracting the data from xml files and loaded into ODS, EDW using XML Source Qualifier, XML Parser Transformations.
- Extensively worked on ETL Informatica Transformations including - Source Qualifier, Connected - Unconnected Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Joiner, Rank, Aggregator, Sorter and Sequence Generator and created complex mappings.
- Extensively worked on slowly changing dimensions like SCD type-1, type-2 and type-3 to maintain the transactional data and historical data for the need of business process and change data capture (CDC) using Informatica applications.
- Solid Experience in working with UNIX Shell Scripts for automatically running sessions, aborting sessions, creating parameter files and running batch jobs.
- Experienced in designing Data Marts and Data Warehouse using Star Schema and Snowflake Schemas in implementing Decision Support Systems, followed Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon methodologies extensively.
- Strong database experience with SQL, PL/SQL Programming skills like creating indexes, joins, functions, stored procedures, triggers and cursors using Toad and SQL*Plus.
- Hands on experience onTeradataV2R6, 12.0, 13.0,TeradataSQL Assistant
- Experience in using scheduling toolsTWS(Tivoli Job Scheduler),AutoSysand Control M to automate running of Informatica Workflows on a daily Batch Jobs.
- Experienced in developing complex reports using Business Objects Webi Rich Client & Crystal Reports Enterprise having Parameter/Formula Fields and Selection Formulas, Grouping and Sub reports.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6.1/8.5/8.1.1/8.0/ , Power Mart 6.2/6.1/5.1. x/4.7, Power Exchange, Power Connector,ErWIN
Reporting Tools: Cognos 10.x, 8.x, Report Net, Power Play, Cognos Query, Power Play Web reports, Crystal Reports, Meta Manager,Business Objects (BOBJ)
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g /9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS SQL, MS-Access, IBM DB2 v9.5/9.1, UDB, Tera Data(14.1)
Other Tools: TOAD, SQL*Loader, Microsoft Office and Visio
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
Sr Informatica Developer
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008andSSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Used SSRS to develop different kinds of reports like canned, ad-hoc reports for the State and Local Agency users.
- Prepared the complete data mapping and Report Definitionsfor the project which involved around 33 reports.
- Involved in creating multiple parameterized stored procedures which were used by the reports to get the data.
- Worked on formatting SSRSreports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Createdparameterized reports, Drill downandDrill throughreports using SSRS.
- Deployedanduploaded the SSRS reportstoSharePoint Serverfor the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Prepared the completedata mappingfor all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Designed SSISPackagesto transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such asLookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Used Execution Plan,SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
Environment: SQL Integration Services(SSIS), SSRS,Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Informatic Power Connect / Power Exchange Toad,SQL,DB2,Control M, Business Objects XI R2
Confidential - Pittsburgh,PA
Sr Informatica Developer/Teradata Developer
- Worked with Business Analysis team in gathering the requirements and created Functional and ETL specification documents.
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and laid out the steps for the data extraction, business logic implementation & loading into targets.
- Involved in gathering information for various scenario for Change Data Capture.
- Worked with DBA to set up the DEV and QA environment and various users and roles
- Involved in Developing Unix script to load data to Teradata using FLOAD, TPUMP, MLOAD, BTEQ, etc.
- Created, optimized, reviewed, and executed Teradata SQL test queries to validate
- Extensively worked with Informatica - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor to develop various complex mappings, mapplets, reusable transformations, session tasks and Workflows.
- Developed mappings, sessions and workflows (ETL) for SCD types I, II and III to meet the above requirements
- Used Workflow manager to create and configure workflow and session task to load data. Used Informatica workflow monitor to create, monitor workflow in case of process failures.
- Creating tasks, sessions, events, timers etc in the workflow manager and monitoring them in the workflow monitor.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Informatica Power Connect / Power Exchange, Power Analyzer, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g/9i,Teradata Sql Assistant (fastload, multiload, tpump),Toad,SQL,DB2,Control M, Cognos 10.2
Confidential - Titusville, NJ
Sr Informatica Developer (L3 Support)/Teradata Developer
- Analyzed the functional specs provided by the data architect and created technical specs documents for all the mappings.
- Extensively used Erwin tool in Forward and reverse engineering, following the Corporate Standards in Naming Conventions, using Conformed dimensions whenever possible.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to Data Mart
- Extensively used Power Center/Mart to design multiple mappings with embedded business logic.
- Creation of Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica Designer
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected Lookup, Sorter, Aggregator, newly changed dynamic Lookup and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner
- Created Mapplet and used them in different Mappings
- Provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users and created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache
- Performance tuning using round robin, hash auto key, Key range partitioning
- Adhoc data requests and investigations
- Tier 3 support of EDW production processes including, but not limited to Issue investigation, root cause analysis, and defect resolution
- Design, develop and implementation of quality assurance and quality control processes
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.1, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Informatica Power Connect / Power Exchange, Power Analyzer, IMS Data, Maestro, PL/SQL, Oracle, Teradata(fastload, multiload, tpump),10g/9i,Toad Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.4
Confidential - Waukegan, IL
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Design and develop the semantic layer for the reporting purpose so that the end user reporting may not be affected.
- Captured the changes in the data field and analyzed the impacts on different systems with the introduction of Oracle’s off shelf product.
- Extract data from Oracle and upload to oracle tables using Sql Loader
- Derived the data mappings that could load all the information from sources to the targets.
- Designed the informatica source from mainframe system to target mappings to perform the initial load into the production server.
- Devised strategies of extracting data from UNIX to Staging and then from Staging to ORACLE RDBMS.
- Efficiently utilized Transformations including Expression, Router, Joiner, and Connected and Unconnected lookups, Filter, Aggregator, Rank, Sorter and Sequence Generator in the mappings.
- Implemented and extensively worked on slowly changing dimensions Type1, Type2 and Type3 for accessing transaction history of accounts and transaction information using Change Data Capture (CDC) corresponding to business requirements.
- Designed and Developed Relational and Dimensional Data Models in Framework Manager based on client’s reporting requirements.
- Designed and Developed List Reports, Crosstab Reports, Charts by using Cognos 10 Report Studio and Query Studio.
Environment: - Informatica Power Center 9.1,Cognos 10(Framework manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Connection), Autosys, Oracle 11g, Sybase, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, flat files, web services, UNIX, Windows NT, Erwin 7.x, Toad 10, Oracle.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. ETL Developer
- Held sessions with business user and data analysts to gather requirements and associated different source systems for data integration process.
- Identified documented data sources and transformation logic required to populate data and maintain targets.
- Played key role in determining data feed extraction process, data analysis, and testing and project coordination.
- Designed conceptual design model to understand the base architecture of data integration process includes sources, transformations rules and target.
- Transformations logic implemented to support ETL (extract, transform, load) processes to load data into staging database using Informatica power center.
- Applied transformation logics by implementing transformations such as XML transformation, lookup transformations, Update strategy transformation, expression transformation, joiner transformation etc to extract, transform and load data into target.
- Designed re-useable transformations to quickly add new data sources and transformations related to business needs.
- Implemented change data capture mechanism using slowly changing dimensions type-II.
- Event wait, event raise, command task utilized to handle the execution of workflow sessions using Informatica workflow manager.
- Develop store procedure, packages to utilize in mappings using store procedure transformation..
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, DB2, Oracle 10g, SQLSERVER 2005, UNIX, TOAD, SQL*Plus, Core FTP & Windows XP
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Gathered Business requirements by conducting meetings with business analyst, stake holders, development teams and data analysts on a scheduled basis.
- Imported various Sources, Targets, and developed Transformations using Informatica Power Center Designer.
- Developed various Mappings with the collection of all Sources, Targets, and Transformations.
- Created Mapplets using Mapplets Designer.
- Used Type2 mapping to update a slowly changing dimension table to keep full history.
- Captured source file/table definitions, target data, and data mart table definitions.
- Create and maintain metadata and ETL documentation that support business roles and detailed source to target data mappings.
- Designed and developed complex Aggregate, Join, Router, Look up and Update transformation rules (business rules).
- Created and Scheduled Sessions and Batch Processes based on run on demand, run on time, run once, and run continuously.
- Interacted with business users, analysts for requirements, developed conceptual and logical data models.
- Wrote PL/SQL Packages, procedures, functions in oracle for business rules conformity.
- Utilized SQL loader, export/import utilities for data load and transformation.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, DB2, Oracle 10g, SQLSERVER 2005, UNIX, TOAD, Visio 2000, SQL*Plus, Core FTP & Windows XP.
Data Base Developer
- Worked with business users to define and analyze problems and business needs by involving in sessions with the analysts.
- Created a bridge table for the numerous dimension groups and related them accordingly.
- Applied reusable tasks and work lets in informatica that can be helped for easier design of workflows to implement the transformations that help movement of data from diversified sources to the target.
- Tuned performance of Informatica Session by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and Target based commit interval, and mappings by dropping and recreation of indexes.
- Performed Unit testing during the mapping phase to ensure proper and efficient implementation of the transformations
- Written UNIX Shell Scripts and Pmcmd command line utility to interact with Informatica Server from command mode.
Environment: - SQL Server 2005, Oracle 8i, Erwin, UNIX and Shell Scripting
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes