Offering responsible leadership and experience in methodologies and processes required to design and deploy small large mission critical software systems. Possess a strong understanding of database engineering and design principles, methodologies and best practices. This in addition to a positive and a solution oriented attitude allows me the opportunity to be a major contributor to the success and improvement of full life cycle development and maintenance of software projects.
Platforms: Windows 25 Yrs , IBM 3081/3090/zOS 16 Yrs , Unisys 1100/2200/ClearPath 22 Yrs , AS/400 4 Yrs , IBM RISC/6000 8 Yrs , Unisys ES7000 2 Yrs ,
HP/Unix 12 Yrs , Sun 7 Yrs
Operating Systems: MS-Windows 25 Yrs , Unisys IX 22 Yrs , IBM/MVS 16 Yrs ,
AIX 8 Yrs , Sun Solaris 7 Yrs , HP/Unix 12 Yrs
Database: MS-SQL Server 6.5, 2000/2003/2005/2008R2 16 Yrs , UDB/DB2 ver. 7/8/9 8 Yrs , DMS-1100 22 Yrs , RDMS 12 Yrs , Oracle ver. 7/8i /9i/10g 10 Yrs , IMS 8 Yrs ,
MAPPER 4 Yrs , MS-Access 3 Yrs , Teradata 1 Yrs
Database Design Tools: ERwin ver. 7/9 15 Yrs , ERwin Model Manager 8 Yrs , Visio 10 Yrs , ERStudio 2 Yrs , Oracle Designer 2 Yrs , Power Designer 2 Yrs
Database Design Patterns: OLTP Design 20 Yrs , Data Warehouse/Data Marts 15 Yrs , Service Oriented Architecture 3 Yrs , ETL Development 15 Yrs , Master Data Management MDM 4 Yrs
Software Utility Tools: MS-Project 8 Yrs , SQL Navigator 8 Yrs , SQL Loader 14 Yrs , SQL Plus 14 Yrs , Cognos/Impromptu 4 Yrs , IQU 8 Yrs , IBM CICS/JCL/TSO/ISPF 16 Yrs , MS-Office 20 Yrs , Unisys DMS/RDMS/IRU/QLP/ECL/IPF/SSG/DPS/TIP/UREP 22 Yrs , SQL Developer 5 Yrs , IBM Data Studio 4 Yrs , MS SharePoint 4 Yrs
Software Development Tools: MS-Visual Studio 8 Yrs , Net 4 Yrs , MS-SSIS 2005/2008 8 Yrs , MS-SSRS 2 Yrs , Oracle Data Warehouse Builder 2 Yrs
Software Configuration Tools: MS-Team Foundation Server 3 Yrs , PVCS 8 Yrs , Rational Clear Case 4 Yrs , Rational Clear Quest 4 Yrs , Telnet/FTP 25 Yrs , Subversion 2 Yrs , Team City 1 Yrs , Confluence/Jira 1 Yrs , Documentum 2 Yrs , SCM/Harvest 2 Yrs
Scripting: Perl 4 Yrs , C-Shell/Korn 10 Yrs , MS-DOS 25 Yrs , Powershell 1 Yrs
Languages: COBOL 74/85 22 Yrs , MASM 10 Yrs , PL/SQL 8 Yrs , SQL 16 Yrs , ASP.Net C /C 4 Yrs , VB.Net 4 Yrs , SAS 1 Yrs , Java/J2EE 2 Yrs , HTML/XHTML 10 Yrs , XML/XSLT/XPath 3 Yrs
Standards: CMMI Level 1-3, MIL-STD-498, MIL-STD-2167, PCI, SOX, HITSP, HIPAA, Agile/Scrum and SOA.
April/13 Current Database Architect
- Responsible for producing conceptual, logical and physical database models for a Person, Client, Brokerage Domains related to IRS Cost Basis tax law changes. The design implemented supported staging, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Responsible for all artifacts related to the analysis, design and development of the databases, requirements analysis, data models, data mappings, DDL and ETL technical design documents.
- Developed data models with ERwin version 7 and 9. Databases supported were DB2 version 9 and Oracle 9i/10g.
- Developed a standard abbreviations database with an interface to Erwin using and Excel macro written in Visual Basic. The database was developed on SQL 2008.R2 and used SSIS for the ETL processing
- Responsible for maintaining source code in Harvest, design artifacts in Documentum, maintaining standards documents and the Master Data Management database.
Principle BI Consultant
- ETL Migration Project as a Database Architect for a client that purchased a line of business from a large insurance company. I was responsible for design and development of logical and physical models using Erwin 7.
- The source system was DB2 ver 9. The target system was a SQL Server 2005 database and Sales Force Dot Com. ETL was a mix of SSIS, Views, Informatica Cloud and Power Center 9.0. SSRS was used for reporting. Team Foundation Sever TFS was the source control tool.
- Artifacts produced as deliverables Source Code, Logical and Physicals Models, ETL Design Document, Data Mappings, Data Dictionary and QA Test Documents.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining logical and physical database models, ETL mappings, SSIS packages, stored procedures, SQL query scripts and VB.Net scripts for an ETL application that processed transactional data into a BPC Business Planning and Consolidation App Set using SSAS tasks within SSIS. Team Foundation Server TFS was the source control too used.
- All development, deployment to QA and Production was on SQL Server 2008R2 databases. SSIS and SSAS packages were developed that processed transactional data into BPC member tables, dimension tables and fact tables. The packages used SQL scripts, stored procedures and VB.NET for the processing, rollback, logging and email notifications.
- The project was a custom implementation requested by the client based on a set of requirements. The deliverables were the ETL mappings, working packages, technical specifications and test cases. The project was completed on time and within budget.
- Primary responsibility was the design and development of the logical and physical database models for the UHG Patient Wellness Program.
- Worked with Business Analyst BA and Subject Matter Experts SME to determine data requirements to build the logical model and physical models using ERwin. Data model reviews with peers were done to validate the model with the business and IT Cloud support services.
- A partner in the development of the ETL design and mappings documents. Developed a database to store all metadata and data dictionary data exported from Erwin.
- Developed ETL scripts using SSIS to populate Master Data Management tables for the Patient Wellness databases.