Etl Informatica Developer Resume
- Around 8 years of total IT experience in Programming and maintenance of Software along with designing of Data Warehousing Projects using ETL Tool Informatica.
- Experience in conceptual, logical and physical data models using ERWIN.
- Experienced in all phases of the project life cycle including Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding and testing. Worked in technical architecture, data modeling proof of concept, requirement study, system analysis, testing and development of decision support systems in the area of Sales and Marketing, Finance and Procurement.
- Worked on several NetezzaSQL scripts to load the data between SQL Server to IBM Netezzatables.
- Expertise in executing the Data Warehouse, Data Integration & Data Migration projects.
- Experienced in using Informatica DATA quality (IDQ 8.6) from the purpose of address cleansing and identity matching rules
- Worked as an Onsite Coordinator and lead a team of five in different projects within IBM.
- Designed system using Star and Snowflake schema using dimensional modeling for various Data Marts that involved various fact tables and multiple dimensions. Designed the Aggregate tables for summary calculations. Used Erwin as Data Modeling tool.
- Worked on Teradata, Oracle 11g/10g (PL/SQL) to write procedure for computation and of data and loaded into data warehouse/flat files.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica 9.1/8.6.1/8.5/8.1/7.1 Power Center Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools - Informatica Server, Repository Server manager.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Center (9.1/8.6) Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator, XML Source Qualifier, External procedure.
- Proficient in the Integration of various data sources with multiple relational databases like Oracle11g /Oracle10g/9i, MS SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, VSAM files and Flat Files into the staging area, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Mart.
- Proficient in using Informatica workflow manager, Workflow monitor, Server manager, pmcmd (Informatica command line utility) to create, schedule and control workflows, tasks, and sessions.
- Worked in Performance Tuning of Informatica Mappings and Sessions.
- Designed complex Mappings and expertise in Performance tuning.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
Data Warehousing Tools: Informatica Power Center/Power Mart 9.0.1/8.6.1/8.6.0/7.1/6.2 (Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing designer, Mapping Designer,Mapplets, Transformations) SSRS, SSIS 2008, SQL*Plus,SQL*Loader.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 4.1, E-R Modeling, Star Schema, and Snowflake
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Visual C++, Java, Visual Basic Script
Database: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server, Teradata, IBM Netzza
Utilities: Toad 7.x, SQL*Loader
Confidential, Richmond, VA
ETL Informatica Developer
- Designed, Developed and maintaining Socrates project end to end and got best performance award, this application has high management visibility.
- Centre point of contact for multiple high visible projects with high complex business functionality.
- Created Teradata External loader connections such as Multi Load, Upsert and Update, Fast Load while loading data into the Confidential tables in Teradata Database.
- Loading the data into Netezzafrom legacy systems and flat files using complex UNIX scripts.
- Worked on Informatica 9.1 Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Parsed high-level design specification to simple ETL coding and mapping standards.
- Designed and customized data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Confidential mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Worked with Teradata inbuilt macros to take care of capacity planning.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Developed processes on both Teradata and Oracle using shell scripting and RDBMS utilities such as Multi Load, Fast Load, Fast Export, BTEQ (Teradata) and SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader,(Oracle).
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, dimensions and measured facts.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository Manager.
- Designed and developed advanced reusable UNIX shell scripts for ETL auditing, error handling and automation.
- Prepared migration document to move the SSIS Packages from development to testing and then to production repositories.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Joiner, Stored Procedure, and Union to develop robust mappings in the Informatica Designer.
- Used Power Exchange to source copybook definition and then to row test the data from data files etc.
- Developed mapping parameters and variables to support SQL override.
- Created mapplets & reusable transformations to use them in different mappings.
- Developed mappings to load into staging tables and then to Dimensions and Facts.
- Used existing ETL standards to develop these mappings.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, decision, e-mail, command, work lets, Assignment, Timer and scheduling of the workflow.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension Type 1 and Type 2 for Change data capture using Version control
- Developed advanced reusable mapplets for SCD and fact loading.
- Unit testing, code reviewing, moving in UAT and PROD.
- Handling Development and production support.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1/8.6 (Informatica Services, IDQ, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Flat Files, CSV files, PL/SQL(Stored Procedure, Trigger, Packages), IBM Netezza, UNIX, Toad.
Confidential, Green Bay, WI
- Created Technical Design Specifications, Unit test document based on functional design specifications provided by Business Analyst
- Designed and developed ETL Processes based on business rules, job control mechanism using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked extensively on complex mappings using source qualifier, joiner, expressions, aggregators, filters, Lookup, update strategy, stored procedure transformations, etc.
- Used workflow monitor to monitor the jobs, reviewed session/workflow logs that were generated for each session to resolve issues, used Informatica debugger to identify issues in mapping execution.
- Extracted data from Netezzainto files using Informaticafor outbound interfaces.
- Worked on SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Database (Oracle and Text format data) to SQL Server.
- Re-engineered lots of existing mappings to support new/changing business requirements.
- Monitored production jobs on a daily basis and worked on issues relating to the job failure and restarted failed jobs after correcting the errors.
- Developed reusable transformations, mapplets, sessions, work lets to make code very modular and reuse as required
- Used mapping variables, parameters, workflow variables & parameter files to support change data capture and automate workflow execution process to provide 24x7 available data processing unit via Informatica PC tool.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripts (Pre/Post Session commands) for the Sessions & wrote shell scripts to kickoff workflows, unscheduled workflows, get status of workflows.
- Performed Informatica administration like user, privileges, migrations, starting, stopping pmrep /PMserver. Backup and restore repository service.
- Performed unit testing, system integration testing, and supported user acceptance testing.
- Tuned SQL statements, Informatica mappings, used Informatica parallelism options to speed up data loading to meet defined SLA
- Compared actual results to expected results and suggested changes to mappings owned by others.
- Supported Informatica, non-Informatica code migration between environments (DEV/QA/PRD)
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database and use them as a Stored Procedure Transformation.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1,PL/SQL,Oracle10g,IBM Netezza, Erwin, Control-M, SQL Server 2008, DB2, UNIX and V-SAM.
- Created more than 100 mappings, where I got exposure to various sources like Salesforce.com, flat files, DB2, Teradata, Oracle and MS SQL Server emphasizing on the use of parameter files to keep the code easy to modify and maintain.
- Supported over 350 mappings for enhancements and issues. The scope includes projects from different domains like Marketing Analytics data used for campaigns, Document Management System.
- Understood complex business requirements and converted them into technical requirements.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC - requirement gathering, design, development, testing and implementation and post-production support.
- Collaborated with business, technical architect groups, development teams, unit testing and QA teams to ensure that the business requirements are implemented correctly.
- Responsible for Informatica code deployment/migration from development to production.
- Analyzed Mapping, session and system bottlenecks to improve performance of various ETL jobs.
- Provided post-production support and prepare support documents.
- Authored and maintained all technical documentation.
- Participated in the project status meeting and providing weekly status.
- Liaised with production team to analyze bugs and resolve issues.
- Established best practices standards and ensured adherence to them.
Environment: Power Center 7.5, MS-SQL Server 2008, SQL, PL/SQL, Teradata, ORACLE, DB2, UNIX scripting
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
ETL Informatica Developer
- Participated in Functional Meetings to understand various Source systems to be consolidated and involved in designing the data model for the Warehouse.
- Designed the procedures for getting data from all systems, like IMS to Data Warehousing system. The data was standardized to store various Business Units in tables.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to Design & Develop SQL Statements, Data Conversions, and Data Cleansing. Data Quality Analysis to determine cleansing requirements.
- Used Oracle, Sql server, DB2, Teradata and Flat Files as sources and Sql server 2005 as Confidential .
- Extensively used ETL to load data from Flat Files, such as Cobol Files to Sql server 2005.
- Coding and Debugging, Sorting out their time-to-time technical problems.
- Worked with almost all Transformations like Stored Procedure, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Update Strategy, Filter, Router, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner etc.
- Written simple and complex SQL-overrides in source qualifier as well as look-up transformations according to the Business Requirements.
- Developed Informatica mappings and tuned them for Better Performance and validate the data.
- Worked on Version Control in Informatica to maintain multiple versions of an object, control development on the object and track changes.
- Involved in Batch processing & Scheduling Informatica jobs on weekly/monthly basis using 3rd party tool, UC4.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.2, Toad, SQL Server 2005, IBM DB2 7.2, Teradata, Oracle 10 g, SQL, WinSCP 3.7.6.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed various kinds of mappings by using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Router, Lookup, and Update Strategy for populating Confidential table in efficient manner.
- Written SQL overrides in Lookup Transformation to fetch according to business requirements
- Developed various Sessions, Batches for all Mappings for loading from Source flat files to Confidential tables.
- Used Workflow Manager to design Sessions, Decision, Event-Wait, Event-Raise and Assignment tasks to execute mappings.
- Used tuning of mappings to improve better performance.
- Implemented Slowly Changing dimension Type2 methodology for accessing the full history of accounts and transaction information.
- Involved in identifying the bottlenecks and performance tuning of the Informatica mapping
- Involved in Unit Testing as per specification.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.2, Toad, Oracle 9i, SQL, UNIX.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes