- 8+ years’ experience in BI Architecting, Design and development for various Data ware housing projects usingInformatica 9.1.0/8.5/8.6/7.1, SAP Business Weaver, EMC Green plum 4.2, Tableau, Netezza 3.6, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS 2008, Oracle, DB2,MS SQL Server 2005Sybase, and Teradata.
- Proficient in data integration between different sources to the EMC Greenplum and Netezza environment and reporting the same on Tableau environment.
- Attending/Training/Implementing on BIG DATA seminars/webinars by Cloudera/Hortonworks and Amazon Web Services training (EC2 & EMR) and involved in designing of Map reduce jobs with Greenplum hadoop system (HDFS).
- Proficiency in architecting/designing the ETL environment, ETL Tools, Data Ware Housing, Reporting environment and their Design & Development using Informatica 9.0.1.
- Proficient in creating ETL, Reporting/ OLAP design/technical documentation, low level/high level mapping documentation from functional specifications.
- Strong Sql query writing skills, and query tuning skills in a VLDB environment.
- Expertise in constructing proper Administrative procedure through well-described system operational procedures, ETL Data Flow diagrams and design documents using MS Visio.
- Experience in enhancing existing database design for new enhancements to meet Tight SLA refreshes, reverse engineering, forward engineering, logical and physical data modeling using ERWINFusion Modelerand ER Studio.
- Experience in Creation of PL/SQL/T-SQLstored procedures, functions, packages, Sql loader scripts,as part of ETL developments.
- Proficient in design/development of the scheduling tools like Control-M 4.6, Maestro & Autosys.
- Strong Data warehousing conceptual/practical knowledge including star schema dimensional modeling, snowflake schema dimensional modeling, Kimball and inman's methodologies.
- Experience in designing/building complexUNIXshellscripts and PERL Scripts.
- Experience in many Operating systems such as UNIX, AIX, SOLARIS, WINDOWS 2000, and WINDOWS NT.
- Extensively worked on performance tuning of the ETL process and SQL optimization on a large database.
- Experience in formulation of test process with Quality Center Management System. Created unit and integration test plans.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams. Team player and self-starter.
More than 8years of total work experience providing Retail, Insurance, Banking and Financial, storage solutions leveraging Business System Analysis, Data Architecture, ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) Tools like EMC Greenplum, Informatica, Netezza, SSIS, Business Intelligence, process consulting, software development and testing. Key strengths include problem-solving skills, people leadership, superior communication, relationship building and solid software development lifecycle skills.
Currently working at Client site – Confidential, Southborough, MA.
Key projects and Accomplishments
Confidential, Southborough, MA (Nov 2011 till date)
Senior Informatica Lead/Developer – contributing for BIaaS (Business Intelligence as a Service). This project is very similar to that of the existing Amazon Web services (using EC2 & EMR). This project involves the migration of the masterdata, sales and revenue data from the Oracle systems to the new EMC Greenplum systems. The Business Intelligence as Service (BIaaS) project constitutes the provisioning of the data hosting, data reporting and data analytics as a service for a specific period of time. The source data is a combination of the Generic Data Warehouse data (already existing in Oracle) and the SAP Business Weaver data.
The EMC BIaaS project consists of a number of challenges that are unique to traditional ETL / BI development. The initial/future implementation of this endeavor consists of a number of “proof of concept” iterations that will load data from existing EMC DW/SAP BW sources(Customer, product, sales, revenue, finance data) into the central repository, which is a Greenplum MPP database. EMC Greenplum is a new technology that exists in the same technical space with Teradata, Netezza, and other MPP platforms. As an MPP application, its greatest feature is the ability to perform fast searches across large data spaces. In order to meet performance requirements for this project, high-speed methods of data loading are developed and an overall framework are implemented and published.
- Responsible for gathering the business requirements for the Initial PoCs to load the enterprise data warehouse data to Greenplum databases.
- Contributed in creation of the BRD/functional and technical design document after having multiple sessions with business users team.
- Responsible for architecting/designing the ETL framework for the Proof of concepts from different GDW/SAP BW data sources to Greenplum database/sandbox.
- Responsible for analysis of the load strategies and number of records in the source and designed/developed the Informatica mappings/workflows with Informatica connectors to Greenplum (PowerExchange for Greenplum connector).
- Worked on designing/developing the Control-M jobs based on the dependencies for GDW/SAP BW data.
- Involved in creating the greenplum framework on the security model, data layer and schema creations.
- Involved in the creation of Greenplum functions and views for the customer use, both on the Hub level and the Spoke level.
- Actively involved with Greenplum DBAs for loading of GP data along with query performances and standard metric processes.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, EMC Greenplum 4.2, Tableau, SAS, Oracle 10i/11g, Control-M 4.6, DB2, MS Sharepoint, QC
Defect Tracking system, AR process, UNIX, AIX.
Key projects and Accomplishments
Confidential, Boston, MA (Mar 2011 till Nov 2012)
Informatica Senior Developer/Lead – contributing for the IPM (Integrated Provider Management System). This project involves the migration of the provider data from the legacy systems to the new Portico Systems. The Integrated Provider Management (IPM) refers to the tools, applications, methodology and strategy used to re-architect how the corporation stores, utilizes, and accesses provider information. Portico systems will be leveraged to support IPM.
Portico Systems offers health plans enterprise-class software solutions built exclusively to support end-to-end Provider Network Operations. Since 1997, Portico Systems has been enabling payers to streamline their Provider business processes. Portico Systems leverages a unique blend of healthcare operations experience, payer/Provider relationship expertise and technology skills to build holistic solutions engineered for the primary purpose of managing Provider Network Operations. Portico Platform solutions improve processing accuracy, reduce costs and enhance Provider satisfaction by impacting a core area of health plan functionality.
- Working on with multiple business users on understanding the whole Legacy Systems such as RTMS/HURON/NETWORK PRO and Provider Credentialing databases
- Responsible for collecting the business requirements for the Initial load from Legacy systems (provider data) and loading it into the Portico Systems and also from Portico to Legacy through Proxy.
- Involving actively in requirement analysis, business requirement, detailed analysis and design sessions of various phases of the project and contributing to the business and stakeholders.
- Involving also in the functional and technical design document sessions with Technical team and business users team.
- Actively involved in acquiring training on the Portico 8.0/9.0 versions of Provider Manager and Business Administrator modules of Portico.
- Working on the Data Analyser, Data Quality and data profiler tool for handling the business logic and exception logic from the inbound feeds and also the outbound feeds.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1/8.6, MS OFFICE/VISIO 2007, COGNOS, SAS, Oracle 11g, DB2, MS Sharepoint, QC Defect Tracking system, AR process, UNIX, AIX.
Confidential, Dallas, TX (Mar 2010 till Jan 2011)
Informatica Senior Developer/Lead – contributing for the OMNI (Order Management Initiative) – Reporting datawarehouse project. This project involved processing the Sterling OLTP (Sterling Transactional system) and transforming with respective business logic for reporting purposes. The target databases were DB2 and Oracle. This system had multiple interfaces like COES, INET (Internet orders) and COFS systems that sent multiple feeds to come in OMNI Reporting and the DODS (Data Operational Data Store) was populated with the same. The DODS data is then loaded to a STAR schema for OBIEE advanced reporting purposes.
- Involved in structuring and designing the DODS database models and Star schema for the new Client requirements for NOC Telemarketing extracts, jQuery extracts and DOSR (Daily Order Status Report) extract.
- Worked with multiple business users on understanding the whole Sterling order management process of different phases or orders from Creation till the release to shipment steps that helped in flexible design of OMNI Reporting project.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the ETL process from multiple Sterling to multiple Staging tables and then to respective DODS tablesin Informatica 8.5.1/8.6 along with Informatica Power Exchange.
- Involved in working on the Data Analyser, Data Quality and data profiler tool for handling the business logic and exception logic from the inbound feeds and also the outbound feeds.
- Created and managed multiple UNIX shell & Perl scripts that involve handling Telemarketing daily orders, DOSR (Daily order status) and jQuery extracts, along with their ESP schedules.
- Responsible for creating, testing and deploying multiple ESP (External Scheduling processor) schedules in development, testing and production mainframe boxes.
- Contributed to the advanced partitioning and index methods on Oracle database structures in production and testing environment.
- Involved in handling the defects through the Quality Center Defect Management system and also Action Remedy (AR) system for DEV/TEST/PROD issues.
- Created multiple standard and how-to documents for Informatica/UNIX shell and Mainframe activities to be handled on a daily basis and uploaded to sharepoint.
- Involved in Performance tuning of multiple Informatica mappings to improve performance as the volume of Internet orders entered the system on a daily basis. The factors involved were PDO (Push down optimization), bulk loading and also adding indexes on the staging tables.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.5, OBIEE, SAS, Oracle 10g, DB2, MS Sharepoint, QC Defect Tracking system, AR process, UNIX, AIX.
Confidential, MO (May 2009 till Mar 2010)
ETLSenior Developer, SSIS/SSRS Tech Lead – while contributing for the survey datawarehousing developed for 150 different retail clients such as Starbucks, JC Penney etc
This project involved migration of calls and survey related data from legacy SQL server systems to 3rd Normalized form database and then moving the data into Netezza for extremely faster and reliable performance.
- Designed and formulated 3rd Normalized database in SQL SERVER 2005/2008.
- Developed database diagrams for 3NF database and had frequent meetings with Business Analysts, System architect and Client services team to establish the design accuracy and maintainability.
- Generated T-SQL scripts to create 3NFdatabase in SQL Server 2005/08 and the respective 3NF tables in the system. Added appropriate clustered and non-clustered indexes on the 3NF tables.
- Designed stored procedures with dynamic T-SQLs, temp tables and table variables for reading data for different tables and made it as a generic one to read data from legacy CALLS tablesand load into 3NF tables.
- Responsible for designing and implementing 150 ETL packagesin Informatica 8.5, databases and their respective tables for 150 different Clients to move data from legacy transactional database to 3NF Sql server database.
- Contributed in writing stored procedures and Informatica8.5 packages to move data from 3NF tables to Netezza 5.0 tables.
- Responsible for scheduling, maintaining and deploying 150 SQL server schedules and jobs on the development, testing and production boxes. Created stored procs and ETL packages to move the scheduled jobs in development to testing and production box.
- Designed generic scripts to create 150 different staging and production databases in Netezza5.0and population of tables in Netezza5.0 with performance Monitoring.
- Contributed in creating the XML query datasets, defining data source and for the reports and using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports using SSRS2008.
- Developed Tabular, Drill Down, and Parameterized, cascaded and sub-reports using SSRS.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using SSRS 2008.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/7.1, SQL SERVER 2005/2008, SSRS, MS Visual Studio 2008, C#, .NET, SSRS 2008, Netezza 5.1, WinSQL, UNIX, AIX.
Confidential, NJ (Mar 2009 till May 2009)
ETLSenior Developer, Informatica Tech Lead, Business Analyst– while contributing for the Insurance and Mortgage project for Metlife Insurance Inc.
- Contributed as a ETL tech Lead for the Data Warehousing Project that involved the design,analysis of Enhancements to theDatawarehouseofMetlife Insurance and Mortgages project.
- Involved in the complete design and modeling of small business Insurance databases in SQL server 2008.
- Contributed to the detailed study of the existing datawarehousing model that was completely handled in SQL SERVER2005/2008STORED PROCS and to the documentation for migration from STORED PROCS to Informatica mappings.
- Worked on designing and analyzing the ETL requirements for Informatica8.5.1. Helped the ETL developers in the coding and testing phase and processes.
- Contributed to the development of ETL complex mappings including joiner, sorter, router, aggregator, union, lookup and filter transformations etc. involving facts/dimension tables, using Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 (PowerExchange, Power Center Repository Manager, Power Center Designer, Power Center Workflow Manager, Power Center Change Data Capture, Power Center Workflow Monitor)
- Involved in all theETL data architecture process such asdata loading,scheduling,re-start abilityand the execution of around40workflows and sessions which involved the facts and dimension data into the datawarehouse.
- Developed a number of stored procedures, triggers, SQL (in Oracle and MS SQL Server 2005/2008) and UNIX Korn shell and Perl scripts for the business logic and the interface between UNIX, AIX and Informatica.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/7.1, SQL SERVER 2005/2008, SQL Navigator, SQL, PL/SQL, star Schema, Snowflake Schema, UNIX, AIX.
Confidential, CA (Sep 2008 till Mar 2009)
ETLSenior Developer, Informatica Tech Lead, Business Analyst– while contributing for the Corporate IT Finance and Planning department of Confidential.
- As the Primary ETL Tech Lead for the Data Warehousing Project. Involved in the design,analysis of Enhancements to theData warehouseofCorp IT FinanceProject.
- Led business requirement analysis by applying techniques such as business process modeling, Dimensional modeling, star and snowflake schema, Enterprise data dictionary and using tools such as MS Visio and Erwin Fusion Data Modeler.
- Contributed to the detailed study of the existing data warehousing model and to the documentation for improvements of the BI Data warehouse in the project.
- Experienced in creating ETL, OLAP design/technical documentation from functional specifications.
- Contributed to the development of ETL complex mappings including joiner, sorter, router, aggregator, union, lookup and filter transformations etc. involving facts/dimension tables, using Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 (PowerExchange, PowerCenter Repository Manager, PowerCenter Designer, PowerCenter Workflow Manager, PowerCenter Change Data Capture, PowerCenter Workflow Monitor)
- Actively involved in frequent peer design and code reviews to ensure that the coding is strictly in accordance with that of the Business and Technical requirements and also to ensure the code interdependencies across the modules are met.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of programs, ETL procedures and processes.
- Contributed to the different facets of DWSLC in data loading,scheduling,re-start abilitythis involved the facts and dimension data into the datawarehouse.
- Contributed as data modeler, team leader and systems analyst with proven track record of dealing with Oracle 9i/10g/11gand MS SQL Server 2005 versions.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1/7.1, Cognos 8, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Navigator, SQL, PL/SQL, star Schema, Snowflake Schema, UNIX, AIX, TOAD 7.5, SCCS, and Windows NT
Confidential, US (Aug 2008 till Sep 2008)
ETLInformatica Senior Developer, Data Architect – while contributing for the Student Loan Corporation of CITI with multiple internal systems and interfaces.
- As the Primary Data Architect for the Data Warehousing Project. Involved in the design, analysis and estimation of Enhancements to theSLC Project
- Contributed to the detailed study of the existing data warehousing model and to the documentation for improvements of the BI Data warehouse in SLC.
- Worked on analyzing the ETLBusinessrequirements for Informatica, Abinitio and Cognos Reporting tools in SLC.
- Contributed to the modeling of the SLC data warehouse using ERWIN tool and alsothe migrationof data models from ER Studio to Erwin Fusion data modelingtool.
- Contributed to the lead and development of ETL complex mappings including joiner, sorter,normalizer,update strategy,aggregator, lookup and filter transformations etc. using Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 involving facts/dimension tables (PowerExchange, PowerCenter Repository Manager, PowerCenter Designer, PowerCenter Workflow Manager, PowerCenter Change Data Capture, PowerCenter Workflow Monitor)
- Involved in loading the data from the source systems to the staging tables and then to the datawarehouse and then back to the reporting systemsfor reports.
- Developed several testing strategies – unit, integration, system,and high-availability and disaster recovery – which constituted to more than 30% of overall project effort and worked with the other developers in the project to maintain the Informatica code standardization and documentwith naming conventions standards.
- Contributed to the development of multiple UNIX shell scripts to handle Informatica parameter files and variables.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1/8.1.1, DB2, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Navigator, Erwin 4.3.2, ER Studio, Abinitio, SQL, PL/SQL, star Schema, Snowflex Schema, UNIX, AIX, TOAD 7.5, SCCS, Windows NT
Mass Markets Small Business – Account Management – Balance and Non-Balance Control – Confidential, US (Sep 2007 – Aug 2008)
Informatica Senior Developer, Implementation in-charge, process consultant – while successfully delivering the Account Management Project and Asianna/Hawaiian Airlines, to implement the transactions delivery of the Small Business Credit card segment, with multiple internal systems like TSYS (Total Systems), IDW (Integrated Data Warehousing), BACARDI (Bank of America Card Information), BLAZE (Implementing Business Rules).
- As the Primary technical lead (in Informatica/UNIX) for all the real time interfaces, performed the Requirement Analysis and ETLData Mapping of the most business process intensive transaction interfaces involving 4 different systems. Worked on the the complete ETL Transformation processes.
- Led business requirement analysis by applying techniques such as business process modeling, Dimensional modelling, star and snowflake schema, Enterprise data dictionary and using tools such as MS Visio and Erwin Fusion Data Modeler.
- Contributed to the development of ETL complex mappings including joiner, sorter, router, aggregator, union, lookup and filter transformations etc.involving facts/dimension tables, using Informatica Power Center 8.1.1 (PowerExchange, PowerCenter Repository Manager, PowerCenter Designer,PowerCenter Workflow Manager, PowerCenter Change Data Capture, PowerCenter Workflow Monitor)
- Organized technology project team (TCS and non-TCS) during different phases of the project life cycle: business requirement analysis, design, build, test and implementation in different ETL Projects on Informatica platform.
- Provided Technical and Subjectmatter expertise – business functionality and architectural - to tune the SystemPerformance of our Account Management Project in BACARDIresultinginperformance improvements of more than 100%in multiple ETL Projects.
- Set-up and maintained the environment stability of more than 3 Informatica servers and 3 database servers across 3 different environments in BACARDI system and responsible for the deployment/migration of the code across all these 3 ETL environments.
- Involved in loading the data from the source systems to the staging tables and then to the datawarehouse and then back to the reporting systems for reports.
- Developed several testing strategies – unit, integration, system, high-availability and disaster recovery – which constituted to more than 30% of overall project effort.
- Developed a number of Stored procedures, triggers, SQL (in Oracle and MS SQL Server 2005) and UNIXKornshell and Perl scripts for the business logic and the interface between UNIX and Informatica.
- Implemented the scheduling of the jobs through the MAESTRO Scheduler and maintained the version of the UNIX code in SCCS (Source Code Control System).
- Contributed to the Knowledgetransfer of Mass Market Credit Card Business concepts to more than 50 resources.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5.1/8.1.1, DB2, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Navigator, Erwin 4.3.2, ER Studio, SQL, PL/SQL, star Schema, Snowflake Schema, UNIX, AIX, TOAD 7.5, SCCS, Windows NT
Confidential, (Dec 5 –Sep 2007)
ETL Tech Lead Informatica Senior Developer, subject matter expert and offshore liaison – while successfully delivering $10 million project to implement Network Custody and Clearing trading system and integrate (with more than 12 Countries) , with multiple internal systems like charges, securities, cash and external service providers like settlement, custodian, lending agent, brokers for trading equities and compliance purposes.
- As the Business lead for all the real time interfaces, performed the Requirement Analysis of all the modules like Trade Settlement, Corporate Action, Charges,and Securities.
- Created paper prototypes as part of business system analysis to create a wrapper component around NCS and business logic intensive cancel/correct engine necessary for real-time internal STP between Hogan Cash and Messaging system.
- Developed functional specifications, use cases and designed the class diagrams including sequence diagram, state diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Contributed to the development of ETL complex mappings including joiner, sorter,Normalizer, Sequence generator, SQL Qualifier,router, aggregator, union, lookup and filter transformations etc. involving facts/dimension tables, using Informatica Power Center (Power Exchange, PowerCenter Repository Manager, PowerCenter Designer, PowerCenter Workflow Manager, PowerCenter Change Data Capture, PowerCenter Workflow Monitor)
- Developed complex programs in UNIX shell andPerl scripts for the extraction of China accounts' data from Hong Kong-China combined users' data.
- Supported the business testing (User Acceptance Testing) involving more than 300 test cases and more than 25 complex business scenarios and resolved application defects.
- Developed several testing strategies - integration, system, and high-availability and disaster recovery – which constituted to more than 30% of overall project effort.
Confidential, Implementation of IPV6 into Avici Core Routers (June2003 – Dec 2005)
Key projects and Accomplishments
Informatica Developer and offshore liaison – while successfully delivering $100 million project on deployment of Ipv6 Core Routers of Avici in multiple site locations.
- Developed several reengineering ideas and knowledge management framework to improve the Technology Consumption Management, in using the Ipv4 Router Stack to accommodate the IPV6 Protocol features and attributes.
- Involved in all the Client-interactions and discussions on the requirement analysis and Design phase for developing the IPV6 Stack for the Routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF.
- Developed the complete Command-Line-Interface (of around 150 commands) for the Routing protocols as BGP and OSPF using Informatica Power Center8.1.1 and Informatica PowerExchange (PowerCenter Repository Manager, PowerCenter Designer, PowerCenter Workflow Manager, PowerCenter Change Data Capture, PowerCenter Workflow Monitor) with Sybase as the database.
- Developed the IPV6 module of the Gateway Stack(purchased from Gateway) which provides the memory-management, scheduling, process structure, interfaces etc using Informatica Scheduling and Job load Processes.
- Maintained and configured the Version and baseslines for the code using the Rational Clearcase Version control system.
- Performed the Unit, System, Integration and Performance testing on Avici, Cisco and Juniper IPV6 routers for the execution of the protocol stack and the command-line-interfaces.
- Developed the UNIX and Perl scripts for automation of the execution of the command-line-interfaces.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 5.1/6.1, Sybase, Solaris, MS-Access, XML, WIN NT/2K, Oracle pl/sql, TOAD, Informatica Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Pro*C, NDM, MQ, FTP, HTML
Bachelor of Engineering
Electrical and Electronics
- Certification in "Introduction to US Banking" and "Anti-Money Laundering Scheme"
- Attended San Diego Informatica Day during November 2008 on the trends of Informatica 8.6 and 9.0
- Brainbench certification in Core Java and RDBMS Concepts
- HCL conducted Software Engineering Training
- 2004–HCL Excellence Award for Project Execution awarded to all the employees who worked with Networking client, Avici Systems Inc, US.
- 2006- SCB Major Revenue and Profit making award for our NCS China Project awarded to the leads and the managers.