- Recognized Subject Matter Expert in the field of Data Warehousing DW and Business Intelligence BI with a proven track record of success and ability to strategize and architect at a high-level then subsequently manage and do hands-on development as needed to implement the solution.
- Managed and architected enterprise data warehouses EDW and BI solutions from the ground up for leading organizations, including:
| || |
- Practice Leader: Built DW and BI practices for several organizations including what was then Accenture's newly-formed Oracle BI Group based on proven methodology and best-practices
- First implementer to use the complete set of Oracle BI tools to include OBIEE, Oracle Data Integrator ODI and Essbase as a custom BI development platform on the Oracle On Demand cloud. This project established and set the standard for other Oracle clients.
- Implemented Oracle BI Applications OBIA for Financial Analytics, Supply Chain Analytics - Order Management and Order Fulfillment, and Procurement and Spend Analytics with Spend Classification.
- Trained by Ralph Kimball on Dimensional Modeling.
- Speaker and author of articles in the field of Modern DW and BI Architecture and Optimization.
- Currently authoring a book for a major publisher on the subject of creating complete solutions using Oracle Business Intelligence and Essbase. Targeted publication slated for the Summer of 2014.
- Cobham is a British company and world leader in communications equipment, antennas, for the aerospace, defense, industrial and communication markets. As Oracle BI SME, responsible for advising and helping the client team with Oracle BI tools and applications OBIEE/OBIA implemented along with Oracle R12 EBS deployed to 14 different sites worldwide.
- Created relevant presentations along with mentoring and hands-on demo to global user community during their global UAT as directed by Executives to help with selling the solution to the users.
- Troubleshot and tested OBIEE / OBIA installation as released by implementers on their second attempt to release solution.
- Assisted manager to convey and communicate to implementers changes needed in order to deliver the project and complete the deployment.
- Architected and designed new Human Resources Time and Labor analytics and data model.
- Gathered and documented requirements for new subject area and provided MD050 for implementation team.
- Develop ecommerce store for client using the Microsoft Azure cloud and nopCommerce.
- Integrate and support website with outside vendors and technologies to include accounting software.
- Configure online administration and security to SSL and internet connectivity on the Azure cloud.
- Create online analytical strategy and develop Big Data solution.
- For the Harvard Data Warehouse department, provided overall support and mentoring for using the Oracle BI tools and related technologies and tools including Noetix and Informatica.
- Troubleshot, configured, and setup OBIEE servers and infrastructure for development environment.
- Identified and solved bug in OBIEE 220.127.116.11x and 18.104.22.168 regarding User Security and LDAP login. This bug was hindering progress for the department for nearly six months.
- Supported and trained developers for RPD migration and overall release management strategy.
- Developed data warehouse tables for user security to be used with the write back function of OBIEE.
- Configured OBIEE servers to utilize the SQLAuthentication provider in order to use logins stored in an external Oracle database.
- Integrated local Microsoft-based data sources with Linux servers utilizing custom proprietary drivers.
- Led Global Procurement Services GPS department to assess and define requirements and needs for Procurement and Spend Analytics for the business.
- Provided overall strategy for reporting and analytics to for using the Oracle BI tools and technologies.
- Presented OBIEE and OBIA analytical capabilities to Chief Procurement Officer CPO and Directors.
- Provided business requirements and design for Oracle BI Applications OBIA modules: Financial Analytics and Procurement and Spend Analytics to pull data from Oracle EBS R11 and R12 sources.
- Authored business requirements document MD050 to set implementers in motion.
- Assessed integration and capabilities of Informatica and DAC.between various sources for OBIA
- Provided initial training to Spend Analytics team members in Oracle BI tools and technologies.
- Formally trained entire GPS project team on OBIEE and relevant BI/DW development topics.
- Developer on project utilizing OBIEE as the enterprise reporting tool and Essbase as a source for financial reporting.
- Create Profit and Loss, Profitability, and Profitability Mix reports for financial department.
- Import Essbase cubes as data source for OBIEE with MS SSIS for ETL
- Develop value-based hierarchies for Dimensions in OBIEE to create the hierarchies and structures found in the cube referencing the generations and levels of Essbase.
- Develop proper filters and selectors to display the corresponding generations as hierarchies in Essbase.
- Provide proper access and security in OBIEE in reference to the Essbase security setup.
- As a multiyear project 3 years , transformed organization by replacing spreadsheets and spreadmarts with best-of-breed Oracle BI tools, that is, OBIEE, Essbase, and Oracle Data Integrator ODI on Oracle On Demand. BIS3 was the first partner implementer to do so.
- Developed and presented Proof-of-Concept POC to CEO and Executive Board to win project implementation contract.
- Managed and led project team consisting of consultants, internal resources, and offshore Oracle On Demand staff to deliver end-to-end BI solution.
- Assessed complexities and planned project timeline and tasks in Gantt chart.
- Staffed project with hard-to-find resources with skills such as for Oracle's ETL product i.e., ODI .
- Strategizes, developed, and implemented enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence solution OBIEE and Essbase for public company from the ground up.
- Established one version of the truth and one platform for reporting and analytics for the enterprise.
- Integrated Oracle EBS modules with Salesforce data for complete Order tracking and management.
- Architected data marts and initial financial subject areas in sales and revenue forecast.
- Created corresponding revenue forecast cubes using Essbase Studio.
- Architected and managed data models and OBIEE Repository using BI Administration tool.
- Migrated repository and updates between DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Configured and maintained ODI servers and repository.
- Forwarded MDM concept and implemented data integration between Oracle EBS and Salesforce.
- Installed and configured OBI Apps Financial Analytics and Supply Chain Analytics Order Management and Order Fulfillment .
- Tools/Technologies: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition OBIEE , Essbase Studio, Oracle Data Integrator ODI , Oracle 11g, ERwin 7.4, Oracle On Demand infrastructure, Oracle EBS, Oracle BI Publisher.
- Provided overall strategy to deliver conceptual and logical data models with Sybase PowerDesigner.
- Led development of foundational entities such as Organization, Contact Information, and Attorney with extensive contribution to Person, Geography, and Geospatial subject areas.
- Created High-level Enterprise Conceptual Model approved by Governance Board.
- Member of Enterprise Architecture Group responsible for setting standards for the IT organization and for providing guiding principles to the company's projects and providing overall strategy and vision.
- Established best-practices to data-centric projects such as the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Membership Application, and Data Foundation.
- Architected MDM Strategy using a hybrid implementation of Registry and Repository for Customer and Product in new re- architected SOA environment for the Membership Application
- Managed internal team and Cognizant offshore consultants utilizing Agile approach for development.
- Utilized IBM IAA canonical data model for the insurance industry to architect framework and align and rationalize data for the enterprise and associated projects.
- Created and developed presentations to the Architectural Review Board for approval of projects and their respective solutions being developed for the enterprise.
- Authored technical white papers to establish standard and provide data design patterns pertinent to the EDW and ODS structures and handling Temporal Data.
- Technology/Tools: Erwin 7, Cognos 8, Sparx Enterprise Architect