- Extensive IT experience in Database Design, Requirement Analysis, Application Development, Decision Support Systems DSS and Software design and development.
- 11 years of professional experience in Developing and Implementing Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence Applications for Telecom, Retail, Financial, Consumer products and Health Care sectors using market leading ETL and OLAP tools.
- 7 years of comprehensive experience using MicroStrategy 9.x/8.x/7i/7.x/6.x product suites including MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Intelligence server, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Web.
- 4 years of Expertise in providing Business Intelligence Solutions using Ascential Data Stage Manager, Designer, Administrator, and Director , Parallel Extender and Informatica.
- Participated in the Full life Cycle Development FLCD of the data warehousing project project planning, business requirement analysis, data analysis, logical and physical database design, setting up the warehouse physical schema and architecture, developing reports, security and deploying to end users.
- Extensive experience in modeling and developing logical/physical data models using entity-relationship modeling tools like ERwin. Strong understanding of basic concepts of data warehousing such as dimensional modeling, star, snowflake and starflake schemas, datamarts, fact and dimension tables identification.
- Optimizing report generation with respect to Very Large Databases VLDB to make absolute use of database flexibility, caching, security and scalability issues suited for Oracle, Teradata, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong technical background and good interpersonal skills. Self-motivated and enjoy working in a technically Challenging environment. Quick learner and excellent team player with ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Business Intelligence/OLAP/DSS Tools
MicroStrategy 9.x/8.x/7.x Desktop, Architect, Web, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager .Microsoft OLAP Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Business Objects, Microsoft Excel.
Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0,Teradata 12.0/V2 R5/V2 R4, MS SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, IBM DB2 UDB, MS Access 2000/97/7.0
Ascential DataStage 8.x/7.x/6.x, Informatica 7.x
ERwin 4.0, System Architect, Microsoft Visio 2002
C, C , VC , Visual Basic 6.0/5.0, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus 3.3/8.0, ASP, JAVA.
Windows XP/2000/NT4.0/98/95/3.x,Windows 2000, Advanced Server, Sun Solaris 2.8/2.7/2.6,UNIX.
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer/Architect
- Worked as a MicroStrategy developer/ analyst in a team of six for design and development in the product development for wireless technologies.
- Performed Customer Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, End User Acceptance Presentations, Implementation and Post Production support of Precision Market Insights Project.
- Took part in full data warehousing application lifecycle starting from creating logical and physical data model, to implement and test ETL processes in Teardata environment.
- Created Schema Objects and Application Objects using MicroStrategy Desktop and Architect.
- Designed and Developed Reports and Dynamic Dashboards with challenging requirements.
- Used Pass through Functions like Apply Simple Apply Comparison to meet the report requirements wherever necessary.
- Extensive Experience on creating all types of Filters, Prompts, Templates, Metrics, Consolidation and Custom Groups.
- Created dashboards in Interactive/Flash Mode by using multiple Panels, Selectors and dynamically passed multiple values from the selectors to the reports linked in Dashboard.
- Used several Widgets and controls to Design and Develop Dashboards in Flash like all graph types, Heat maps, Gauge, Time slider, Fish Eye etc.
- Used different types of selectors/controls for dashboards like time series slider, radio buttons and dropdown menus for the Flash version of the dashboards.
- Worked extensively with the End Users to finalize the dashboard layouts and also worked on fine detail formatting for a desired look and feel.
- Created logical views in MicroStrategy for complex report creations situations.
- Created advanced grid reports, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters. The end-users were able to generate ad-hoc report by drilling up, down, within and across dimension or anywhere.
- Performing all the administration tasks like Monitoring and Analyzing the system usage and managing the projects. And using the Command Manager to purge the caches on database loads.
- Experienced in doing the quick POC's to satisfy business requests.
- Implemented SAVE and Export Links for dashboards.
- Experienced in working with Maps using Visual Crossing Map widget.
- Well experienced in createing the dashboards using Visula Insight.
- Excellent experience configuring VLDB properties to fine-tune reports.
- Extensively involved in troubleshooting support and resolving all outstanding issues.
- Resolved attribute and metric setup issues that resulted in cross joins, ignored filters, joining wrong tables and subsequent wrong results from the database.
- Troubleshoot and tune MicroStrategy reports by analyzing the Microstrategy generated SQL to determine data issues such as double counting, hitting incorrect fact tables, incorrect joins and insufficient data.
- Involved in managing Migration of MicroStrategy projects and objects from Dev to Testing and to Prod.
- Performed Design Code reviews Unit testing and data validation of MicroStrategy reports.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts and capable of working in group as well as independently with excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in giving the training for non-technical users and providing customer support.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1/9.2.1, Desktop Reports, Web Intelligence Reports, Administration, Object Manager, Erwin, UNIX, Teradata 12.0, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000.
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Involved in meetings with Business team to discuss related issues and review of the Objects and reports.
- Documented all the baseline projects based on Visa Standards and created baseline standard documents
- Developed Schema Objects including attributes, facts, Hierarchies, Transformations.
- Extensively worked in developing Public objects including Metrics, Derived metrics, Compound metrics and Filters.
- Created Consolidations, Custom Groups and Prompts for the reports.
- Designed report components, Templates and Filters to generate reports in grid and graph mode.
- Created Security Filters to be assigned to restrict the access of the Users.
- Extensively worked on creating Report Service documents using multiple Grids and Graphs.
- Extensively worked on creation of Dynamic Dashboards.
- Created Dashboards with Multiple Panels, Panel Selectors and Tabs.
- Used analytical and governing settings in VLDB properties to tune the SQL.
- Co-ordinated test plans and provided feature/functionality/usage scenarios for the Managers.
- Unit tested report layouts, validated the SQL query, prompt ordering defaults, security filters, export/print functionality and drilling options.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.0.2/8.1.1,Desktop Reports, Web Intelligence Reports, Administration, Dash Boards, Erwin, Unix, DB2 v9.1, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000.
Sr. MicroStrategy Consultant
- Involved in the meetings with business users to discuss and finalize the requirements and design of the reports.
- Worked with the Data Modelers for creating the dimensional model based on the requirements.
- Designed, developed and maintained logical and physical enterprise data warehouse schemas using Erwin.
- Extensively created filters, facts, Consolidations, Transformations and Custom Groups.
- MicroStrategy Desktop to generate reports for the Business analysis.
- Created ad-hoc reports by drilling up, down, within and across dimensions.
- Created transformational metrics to compare monthly, quarterly and annual analysis.
- Created Dynamic Sourcing reports using intelligent cubes to boost the Dashboard Performance.
- Created Metrics, Filters, Attribute-to-Attribute qualification, Metric-to-Metric qualification prompts using MicroStrategy for report development.
- Unit tested the reports developed by the report developers.
- Created documents for naming standards
- Used Enterprise Manager to see the performance of reports and how different objects were being used by various users
- Organized training classes for in-house associates.
- Provided post production support to end-users.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9/8.1.1,Desktop Reports, Web Intelligence Reports, Administration, Dash Boards, Erwin, UNIX, Toad,Teradata V2R5, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000.
Sr. MicroStrategy Consultant
- Developed and maintained a thorough understanding of the needs of the business group from the Business and Technical perspective.
- Work with the technical leads from Global Data Warehousing, from design through implementation into production environment.
- Experienced Working with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Responsible for keeping team members on track towards completing the terms of goals.
- Created views for MicroStrategy view layer for dimensional modeling for the project
- Tuned the VLDB properties to enhance the performance of the reports at report level.
- Managing schema objects and application objects across the project by using Object Manager.
- Experienced in creating the canned reports, ad-hoc reports and service documents.
- Created Schema Objects facts, attributes, hierarchies, Transformation and application objects filters, prompts, metrics, consolidations, custom groups, reports needed to create the MicroStrategy objects necessary for the deliverable.
- Created derived metrics, compound metrics and filter in a metric for very complex reports.
- Created transformations table based for using in comparative reports like sales this year versus last Year.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9/8.1.1,Desktop Reports, Web Intelligence Reports, Administration, Dash Boards, Erwin, UNIX, Toad, Oracle 10g, Windows 2000.
- Worked with client to gather requirements and prepared technical specifications.
- Created Star schema to develop the data mart in the data warehouse.
- Communicate offshore working team to explain client requirements and develop reports.
- Involved in creation of schema objects Attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations for development of application objects on top of it.
- Involved in creation of advanced metrics like Conditional, Level and Transformation Metrics.
- Created filters, prompts for creation of MicroStrategy reports.
- Involved in trouble shooting report results by using administration.
- Extensively used OLAP services to Optimized Memory Use and Improve performance of the query.
- Used Micro Strategy Web to offer interactive reporting to the end users through a web browser
- Unit tested the reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.1.1, Desktop Reports,Architect,Administration, Dashboards, Java, MS SQL Server 2000,T-SQL, Access 2000, DB2.
- Involved in design of proto type of reports based on requirements and walkthroughs meetings with business team.
- Involved in Dimensional Data Modeling Star Schema, Snow flake Schema Data Architecture, Business and Data Analysis.
- Created transformational metrics Bicyclists Involved, Bicyclists Killed, Pedestrians Involved, Pedestrians Injured, Pedestrians Killed and Vehicles Involved to compare monthly, quarterly and annual Accidents.
- Created Relationship tables to avoid Many-Many relation ship between parent and child attributes.
- Experienced in up gradation of Schema Objects facts, attributes, hierarchies, Transformations , Application Objects filters, prompts, metrics, consolidation, and custom groups , user groups from 8.0.3 to 8.1
- Involved in moving the objects between two projects and different environments by using Object Manager and merging the projects by using Project Merge Wizard.
- Involved in tuning the application Queries' using Explain Plan.
- Training the users how to use Microstrategy for their business analysis.
Environment: MicroStrategy 8.x, Desktop Report,Architect,Administration, Erwin, Unix, Toad, VBA, Oracle 10g, and Windows 2000.
- Experienced in writing the Technical Design Specification documents for different interfaces.
- Designed and developed jobs for loading data from Operational system Database to ReDS Database.
- Used DataStage Designer to develop jobs, DataStage Manager for importing and exporting jobs into different projects from one Environment to the other, DataStage Director for validating, executing, scheduling and monitoring jobs.
- Extensively involved in development of OVD Dash Board at Project level.
- Created scripts to perform validations and run jobs on different instances Development, Model Office, Production Management and Production Environments .
- Involved in modifying the existing scripts for performance tuning.
- Wrote Sql Code, functions and packages using TOAD to handle complex business logic and to compare source data with the target data during the Unit and Functional Testing.
- Performed testing, debugging of the jobs and migrated different projects from one environment to the other..
- Developed several data stage jobs to improve performance by reducing runtime using different partitioning techniques. Developed user defined routines for several jobs.
- Extensively worked for Updated the test cases on based on the requirement changes and executed the test cases from end to end.
Environment: Ascential DataStage 7.5.2/Parallel Extender, Oracle 10g, FTP, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Erwin, Unix Shell Scripts, UDB DB2, Autosys Jil and AIX.
- Designed Mapping documents ETL architecture documents and specifications.
- Analyzed the Source Data and designed the source system documentation.
- Participated in discussions with Project Manager, Business Analysts and Team Members on any technical and/or Business Requirement issues.
- Designed Documents for performing unit testing and string testing of developed code.
- Used the Data stage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Analyzed COBOL Copybooks for Source Dictionary.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts for ETL Extraction, Transformation Loading .
- Used surrogate key assignment and change data capture.
- Used Parallel Extender for Parallel Processing for improving performance when extracting the data from the sources and used various Parallel Extender partitioning and collecting methods.
- Followed Star Schema to develop data marts.
- Worked with Metadata Definitions, Import and Export of DataStage jobs using Data stage Manager.
- Implemented Quality Stage for data cleansing, data standardization and matching process.
Environment: DataStage 6.0, SQL, PL/SQL, SAPR/3, UNIX, SQL Server, Erwin 4.0, Stored Procedures, DB2 UDB, IBM AIX 4.2. SAPR/3 ECC6.0.