Solutions-oriented, senior information technology professional with Technical and Functional Management experience and a strong combination of business and technical expertise in the multiple industries including Healthcare and Insurance. Proven success managing, designing and implementing large-scale strategic and operational initiatives with an eye for cost savings, efficiency and quality. Recognized for leadingoff-shore and on-shore teams with a collaborative, accessible and mentoring style. Well versed in establishing and supporting business relationships with executives, team members and clients.
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Data Warehousing
- Data Management
- Business Intelligence
- Data Integration
- Healthcare Technology
- ETL Architecture
Data Warehouse Lead/Architect
- Spearheaded multiple initiatives as a Technical and Functional Manager. Managed design, development and delivery of multiple successful end-to-end solutions. Improved communication, re-use of best practices and standardized processes resulting in higher quality, reduced cost and increased morale in the team.
- Managed Illinois State Medicaid Management and Administrative Reporting ILMAR project in budget and in time. Demonstrated outstanding leadership and mature project management skills, consistently getting good customer reviews.
- Managedthe 3M Enhanced Prospective Capabilities Prepay project.Managed a team of 6 off-shore and 10 on-shore developers/analysts/SMEs and interacted with all levels of management in a matrixed organization to accomplish the projected work.
- Managed State of New Hampshire Medicaid Management and Administrative IMARS project as a deputy project manager. Also lead and managed the complex deployments of the product and data for the Regression Testing/UAT and Production phases.
- PMO initiative Lead -Played a lead role in setting up PMO for Government Solutions Projects. Setup PMLC processes, templates and guidelines for Quality management and Cost Management.
- Implemented MARS Management and Administrative Reporting System Systems for three States as an Architect and Lead Developer. EMARS is a data mart built using Oracle, Informatica and Cognos used primarily for Federal reporting. Architected and designed various solutions and developed many processes.Mentored and provided guidanceto the team.
- Conducted pre-sales activities in pursuit of new business opportunities. Arranged user meetings with customer prospects, wrote/reviewed proposals and provided solutions architecture for the ETL, Reporting, Metadata and data delivery processes. Evaluated all aspects of tools like Cognos, Oracle 11g, Oracle Weblogic portal, Informatica and wrote the technical sections of the proposal to re-engineer the NYS Medicaid data warehouse.
- Conducted project management training sessions and mentored team members to write efficient ETL Code, UNIX Scripts and complex SQL queries.
- Designed Cognos framework data models for the data mart projects and data models for the Member and Provider subject areas.
- Implemented an enterprise data warehouse Spectrum critical for the healthcare business. Overall architecture consisted of the main source system Amisys and multiple data sources that populated the CDR Central Data Repository /ODS Operational Data Store and the data warehouse.
- Result: Implemented governance for data warehouse/reporting data.
- Participated on strategic planning team for data governance and information standards.
- Awarded the Corporate Superstar Award numerous times, based on outstanding customer service.
- Result: Increased clarity of data and user satisfaction across internal businesses groups.
- Successfully implemented the Meta-Data management tool CDMA.
- Initiated information feeds from the data warehouse to local and state vendors. Projects utilized Informatica, EDI, and FTP.
- Result: Achieved centralized management of ETL processes and better audit and control.
- Led project to implement Enterprise Scheduling of data warehouse ETL processes using Tidal enterprise scheduling software.
- Result: Achieved user satisfaction and increased reporting efficiency.
- Managed project to create sandbox data warehouse from the actual data warehouse.
- Result: Reduced redundancy of data and increased clarity of reporting.
- Directed efforts of multiple data integration projects between disparate systems such as Oracle-SQL server and UNIX-Windows environments.
- Result: Saved 500K in costs per month by implementing retroactive payments.
- Successfully delivered two data mart projects to replace Excel Access based processing used by Finance for retroactive payments, eligibility analysis and generate reports.
- Oversaw numerous initiatives and served as key liaison with vendors, supervised staff and resources.
- Administered the data warehouse ETL system Informatica .
Data Warehousing and Database Systems
- Result: Achieved increased efficiency of numerous systems.
- Result: Completed each project in time and provided integrated and clean data.
- Designed data models and ETL/migration/integration architecture for above projects.
- Led team of three to design the Archival and Restore processes for two major systems, based on complex business rules. Gathered requirements and designed the system using UNIX scripts and stored procedures.
- Created ETL processes using Informatica, UNIX shell script, and stored procedures for the enterprise data warehouse.
- Implemented financial Information Management system using PowerBuilder VIII and Jaguar EAStudio application server V4.1.1, a multi-tier Service Oriented Architecture SOA system.