Data Architect / Engineer, Senior Information Analysis Engineer, Senior Business Intelligence/Analytics Engineer, Designer, and Application Architect with over 18 years experience with very large systems. Experience includes a solid background in Strategic Planning, Modeling, Managing Change, Requirements Management, and Enhancement, upgrade/replacement of Legacy Systems and databases, and creating Data Architectural solutions: Metadata, Master Data Management MDM , data warehousing, ETL, and dashboards. In addition, William spent 7 years working at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Research Engineering MITRE , a High Performance Computing HPC Systems and Integrations environment and HPC Laboratory. William holds his Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems Design and Engineering and has completed graduate level course work in Business Information Systems Engineering, MDM and technical writing.
Technical experience includes:
- Known for quality, efficiency, effective, and usable Data Architecture w/Financial, Federal, Commercial HealthCare, Scientific clients' w/multiple platforms, toolsets and methodologies.
- Excellence in building large, distributed scalable systems w/high volume RDBMS and supporting Business Intelligence, w/Data Warehouses DW .
- Consulting: Data Architect, Program Manager, Project Manager, SQA, Technology Strategist
- Well versed Business Feasibility and Usability Expert with a history of strategic IT/IS planning, data governance, and alignment of architectural frameworks and roadmaps to business goals/objectives.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to deal with and balance multiple priorities. Easily deals with ambiguity and rapid change. Has demonstrated interaction skills across a wide spectrum of technical contacts, customers and teams.
- Data Warehouse design, ETL, ERD, testing, technical writing/Documentation, customer interview and use-case development, intergroup liaison w/BA, contingency planner.
- Excellent problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills. Gap and impact analysis, current state analysis, process flows, and requirements traceability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Correctly understand emerging systems and their impact upon current technologies.
- Expert knowledge of assistance in the development of project work breakdown structures.
Data Warehouse Analyst
- Systems/Database Architect on a team of seven web/database developers, one information assurance officer and one system administrator supporting Air Mobility Command's Fuel Efficiency Office AMC/FEO and Mobility Air Forces Operations Decision Support System which provides decision quality analysis for AMC senior leaders. The team designs, develops and supports the web and data structures that allow field-level users through senior decision makers the ability to input, see, and understand key information for the purpose of reducing AMC's fuel usage the Department of Defense's largest consumer of aviation fuel. This information and associated reports are forwarded to national decision makers including the Air Force Chief of Staff, Secretary of the Air Force, and White House.
Environments: multiple DWs and Data Marts DMs , Windows, Erwin Modeling, Visio, Metadata, Governance MDM , SQL Server 2008 R2, C , Security , Linked Servers, Networking, AMC C2 systems GDSS, GATES, etc. , OLAP structures
- Excellently utilizing data management, MDM, assessment and SDLC development expertise across the scope of organizations serving as a project resource for contributing to the data quality management strategy and architecting data quality and metadata management.
- Custom ETL solutions for enhancement of existing Medical Business Software and intercommunication updating of DB/DW. Automated, batched, scheduled ETL Coding stored procedures, table creation/alter w/SQL to enhance loads.
- Analysis, assessment and requirements traceability management RTM , establishing data quality rules definition, automation, databases, w/emphasis on ETL applications, DW updates, processes, enhancements, and recommendation for actions to implement efficient solutions.
- Evolving/Enhancing existing reporting and BI data systems to move into the 21st Century in a mixed computing environment s . Providing data quality measurement and metric generation, and aggregation into quality performance indicators e.g. Accuracy and data quality presentation, e.g. dashboard, BI reports. Customization: writing complex SQL, stored procedures, cursors, for data custom ETL
- Successfully led major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Partnered with IT Training staff in design, development, testing, and implementation of automated reporting systems.
- Led Management of the enterprise metadata repository and the development and delivery of enhanced data solutions.
Environments: MSSQL 2005/2008/2010, TFS, ETL, batch processing, FTP, SFTP, MS Visual Studios, C , VB.Net, MicroStrategy, data modeling Erwin , PeopleSoft, SAP Oracle, PL/SQL, Agile, Linux, Thin Client
Consultant: Analyst/Architect/Management - Business Decision Making
- Utilizing IS/IT Business and Data assessment, analysis and SDLC development expertise across the scope of organizations serving as a project resource for planning Information Systems RDBMS/DW , infrastructure, business, HR, and IT strategic planning, data governance for various clients. Gap and impact analysis, current state analysis, process flows, and requirements traceability. Researched technical solutions for changing business needs. Cognos, MicroStrategy.
- Contributed the data management strategy, architecting, data quality and metadata management solutions. Partnered with Project Managers in implementation of databases and Database changes per the evolving needs of the team and the business solutions, establishing Requirements Management within the teams.
- Supported client list: Advising agencies, administrators, Information Business System Leaders, small business owners, attorneys, healthcare managers, private contractors, and IT management staff.
- Performed analysis, assessment and management/master data management of for business practices, RDBMS/DW/DM, applications, processes, enhancements, and recommended corrective activities alignment of architectures framework and roadmaps to business goals and objectives
- Clients faced with an overwhelming availability of choices, were provided insight and incentive to managing data change s and providing best use of resource decisions within those choices. Data Analysis, quality presentations, dashboard, BI reports, framework s for decision making in business analysis.
- Created detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist project manager with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project.
- Identified Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team. Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Assist in vendor selection and RFI/RFP process.
- Perform new technology assessments and make Database, SDLC recommendations to customers, per their request s .
Environments: Windows, C , .NET, MS SQL, UNIX, C/C , Linux, Agile, CMMI, Objective C, QT, Project Management, CVS, SVN, Bugzilla, SharePoint, Meta Data, Web Best Practices, Usability, RUP, Websphere, Data Warehouse Design Methods Schema, ETL , Crystal Reports, CS4, Informatica, Cognos, batch processing, C/C , DB2, PL/SQL, FTP, SFTP, SSL, Embarcadero, Visio, Oracle Exadata, MicroStrategy, RDP, ESB
Senior Information Systems Architect/Engineer
- SDLC: analyzed, designed, led, managed, developed, supported and acted as problem solver in high volume, high throughput OLTP RDBMS business, and high dollar financial transaction processing applications of Object Oriented Design 120 . Created Test Plans and coordinated User Acceptance Testing, Automated and Regression testing.
- Database Replication servers using production as the model. With two versions of the production database being replicated, one an off-site contingency database maintained in case of physical fail over, and one an extra copy kept locally in case of database access problem users never saw a delay in transaction processing. Managed updating of related DW s
- Managed and coordinated teams to regularly pare down production database, update DW/DM, Marts and related code issues. Updates to the DW/DM from production data within 10 minutes of a production update. Contributed to managing 800B in real world electronic banking/trading transactions.
- Created, Optimized production data warehouses, data marts for the main trading and transaction, clearance.
- Mainframe: DB batch jobs, tapes, download files to Unix Midsize to process. JCL, Syncsort, ETL.
- Supported Business Back Office and Business Clearance ETL financial operations. Modifying load/report scripts, batch processes, Crontab, remote scheduling process, Citrix, Autosys, Network Data Mover NDM . Coding w/SQL to accommodate table, sort, system changes.
- SDLC/Enhancement: Embedded new message passing system into existing financial applications, to give real-time transaction processing to trading applications w/database updates.
- SDLC: Tasked with implementation of mission critical Back Office applications and databases RDBMS, DW . Designed and completed upgrade. Managed implementation and deployment, task completed start-to-finish in 90 days. Set-up automated deployments.
- Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Business standards i.e. Requirements management, Data profiling, Data quality rules definition and automation.
- Analysis/SQA: Created a suite of Business Use Cases, resulting tests, tests harnesses, documentation for new back office/clearance applications/data changes fielded in support of the trade room and high volume financial transaction processing applications. Handled setting up tests, data, and coordination of releases. Applications interfaced with the Federal Reserve Bank. Data Audits, Compliance Audits, Contingency Planning, BI
- Database Architect: SQL and PL/SQL tasked with creating and updating packages functionality used in Enterprise Applications EA with an emphasis on ETL, Informatica PowerCenter.
Environments: T SQL, PL/SQL, C, C , C , UNIX, Windows, Linux, Informatica, SQA, PVCS, Tivoli Scheduler, VISIO, AutoSys, UNIX scripts, Toad, Erwin ERD, ETL, IPC, networking, ODBC, VB, FTP, MS Access, Debugging, Crystal Reports, BMC Remedy, MS Visual Studios, Purify, Loosely-Coupled Distributed Systems, Usability, SDLC, Agile, and Iterative Development Methods.
Senior Scientific Business Systems Consultant
- Database Architect and Administrator DBA : Metadata, Requirements management, Data profiling, Data quality rules definition and automation.
- Expert in computer Information Systems and Database s Design w/Hardware Systems, Project Lead, Analyst, User Interface Expert, Usability Expert, Data governance/Metadata.
- Assembled interfaces, databases and applications to run on multiple platforms IBM, SUN, HP, DEC/VAX, etc. Mixed Computing Environments. UNIX, DEC, IBM, AIX, MVS, HP-UX, VMS .
- DBA: Designed and maintained large RDBMS databases in support of the various projects.
- Integrated Environments: Legacy code integration and integration of new code from various agencies, hosted on multiple machines into a SINGLE simulation environment for Air Traffic Evaluation and Modeling/Simulation purposes. Database alignment
- Customer Rescue Project: Saved software Business Project running over schedule worth several millions of dollars.
- Computer software and business systems spokesperson for FAA on various Information System projects, providing feasibility analysis, project designs, and infrastructure.
- DBA: Standardization of the enterprise metadata definitions. Management of the enterprise metadata repositories. Introduced the concept of data governance implementations.
- Designed, created, constructed User Interface and integrated application w/DB for introducing the display of LIVE streaming weather feeds satellite data from the National Weather Bureau real-time for onscreen representation of controlled National Air Space NAS . NWB format. Data repository to run recorded/transform data.
- Provided analysis, architecture/design, programming, and testing platforms for all integration processes, database merges/federation. FAA FFRDC
- Helped w/design of intrusion detection system for a USAF airfield in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Created documents to verify solutions for NSA regarding internal technologies.
- Participated in hosting Electronic Libraries for Joint Tactical Interface Design Wireless Communications Networking for Wartimes for Joint Military Ops. Standardization of the enterprise metadata definitions. Management of the enterprise metadata repositories.
Environments: Business, R D, Educational, Distributed Systems, UNIX, Linux, SQL, GIS, C , GNU, Client-Server, IBM, HP, AIX, Windows, DEC, C, SQL, Oracle, MatLab, OOP, OOD, UML, Rational, FAA Integration LAB s . White papers as requested by clients. Modeling, simulation of FAA concepts w/ advanced computing concepts.
Database/DBMS: MS SQL SSIS, SSRS , T-SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, Metadata, Data Quality rules, definition, automation , ETL/PowerCenter, OLTP, OLAP-Cube, replication, DW design modeling, star, schema, repositories , Data Integration, Informatica ETL, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Syncsort, Toad, MS Access, ODBC, JDBC, Linq, Erwin, ERD, Embarcadero/Erwin
Software Tools: UML, IBM Rational, Case Tools, Purify, batch processing, Azure, Remedy, Tivoli, Eclipse, Erwin, Adobe, ColdFusion, CMM, CM, XML, XSLT, Dreamweaver, CS4, HTML, CSS, PVCS, CVS, IDE's, Wireframe, FTP, TOAD, Erwin, Crystal Reports, Putty, Visio, .NET, MVC, TFS, Framework, MS
Methods/Methodologies: ESB, SOA, SDLC, Agile, Design Patterns, Schema, Iterative Development Methods, SDLC, XP, RUP, RAD, JAD
Hardware: UNIX SUN, HP, DEC, IBM , PC's, Mac s , Mainframes DEC/VMS, IBM/MVS, CYBER HPC Servers, Oracle Exadata
Operating Systems: UNIX Solaris/HP-UX/Linux/BSD/Sys-V/AIX , Linux Red Hat/RHEL, Novell, Fedora, Ubuntu, SusSE, etc. , Windows NT/XP/Windows7/8.1 Other Mac-OS, iOS9, Real-Time OS, Dec VMS, IBM MVS
Other: Data Governance, Business Systems Information Management Design Engineer, Schemas, Design Patterns, Road Maps, ITIL, Interface Design and Usability Expert, Cognitive Psychology