- Quality Assurance Analyst with 7 years of experience in Software Testing in the areas of Client/Server, Web applications and Data warehousing under Windows and UNIX environments.
- Extensive testing ETL experience using Informatica Power Center 9.x, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Informatica Server .
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle process SDLC and Quality Assurance Life Cycle including Business Analysis, System Design and Testing.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Experience with QA Methodology and QA Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Proficient in Gathering Data, Test Cases, Execution, Bug Tracking and Reporting Systems.
- Worked extensively in Data Warehousing, Auto Finance and Commercial Loans applications. Good knowledge of work process with customer data.
- Expertise in querying and testing RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Sever for data integrity.
- Experience with backend database and data migration testing.
- Experience in Quality Assurance Testing Phases including Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing UAT , End to End Testing, Smoking Testing and Regression Testing.
- Good understanding in Data Warehousing and ETL testing concepts.
- Experience with Mercury Test Management tools Quality Center and Clear Quest Defect tracking tool
- Tracked and maintained application test defects, impact assessments, and assisted operations team.
- Excellent logical skills for understanding and developing system workflows, computing and verifying Software Metrics and well suited for communicating with both technical and non-technical professionals
- Worked in both Agile Environment and Water Fall methodology.
- Strong Project Orientation with excellent Team Involvement, client coordination and good written and verbal communication skills
Manual, Functional, Performance Tester, Black Box, White Box
Defect Tracking Tools
HP Quality Center QC , Test Director, Clear Quest
Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, MS Access
Data Warehousing Tools
Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.1
Ms Office 2000,XP,2007: Word/Excel/Power point
Windows 9x/NT/XP/ 2000, 2007
ETL QA Database Tester
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center.
- Involved in reviewing/analyzing Business Requirement Documents/Functional specifications/use cases.
- Performed Verification, Validation, and Transformations on the Input data Text files, XML files before loading into target database.
- Developed test plan and responsible for creating test strategy for the Data Warehouse.
- Loading the test data in testing environment to ensure the tests are done with no data issues.
- Perform Functional, Data Validation, Integration, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Rigorously performed regression testing for every modification/enhancement of the project.
- Tested ETL's to ensure that the source and the target are mapped as per the requirements/specifications.
- Ensure that data quality validation is done before loading the data into data warehouse.
- Initial loading of records on data warehouse and incremental loading of records at a later date to verify newly inserted/updated data.
- Prepared scripts, running tests, Analyzing results in LoadRunner for Performance testing
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Used Software for Querying ORACLE. And Used Teradata SQL Assistant for Querying Teradata
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Tracked and reported the bugs with HP Quality center.
- Defect Reporting Defect Tracking using HP Quality Center.
- Wrote complex SQL, PL/SQL Testing scripts for Backend Testing of the data warehouse application.
- Used SQL, PL/SQL to validate the Data going in to the Data Ware House
- Initiated Defects review meetings with Developers and communicated with them for whole defect life cycle until the logged defect is closed and verified.
- Involved in backend testing for different environments like System Integration E2E Testing SIT-E2E and User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Utlized Cognos Series for building the Reports.
- Involved in testing the Cognos reports by writing complex SQL queries.
- Worked on Rational Clear Quest to log defects and track resolution till the closing of defect after retesting.
- Worked on RTI release management process between the Development, Test and Production environments.
- Developed and Executed SQL statements in Toad to retrieve data and to validate data
- Validated the data thru various stages of data movement from staging to Data Mart to Data Warehouse tables.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Responsible for documentation of test results, test matrix, LoadRunner and participated in daily/weekly QA meetings.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2008 R2, Cognos, Rational CQ, MS Office Suite, HP Quality Center 11.0, QTP, UNIX, Share point
ETL Tester Data Warehouse
- Interacted with Business Analysts to identify information needs and business requirements.
- Preparation and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases for the mappings developed through the ETL Informatica tool in the QA environment
- Created test data for testing specific ETL flow
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, Performance, load and system testing
- Creating test scripts using HP Quality Center and performing regression testing on new versions of the software.
- Created/Enhanced Teradata Stored Procedures to generate automated testing SQLs
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Experienced in working with DB2, Teradata
- Used HP Quality Center for bug reporting
- Execute the session and review session statistics, document all the load timing information.
- Initial loading of records on data ware house and incremental loading of records at a later date to verify newly inserted/updated data.
- Testing the rejected records that do not fulfill transformation rules.
- SQL queries used to validate source data versus data in the data warehouse including identification of duplicate records
- Personalized Cognos Connection for specified display options for testing regional options and personal information.
- Day-to-day Cognos administration activities like monitoring Scheduled jobs like Cube refresh, Impromptu scheduled reports, Backup and recovery maintenance
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to verify data integrity
- Back-end testing using SQL queries and Involved in writing PL/SQL quires
- Used Informatica 9.1 to analyze the mappings and sometimes even debug them to compare the code with respect to the requirements specification, also used Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor in Informatica to run the ETL and monitor the ETL jobs along with reading the log files to find out the errors
- Exporting the test cases into Quality Center 10.0 and executing those test cases in the 'Test Lab'
- Tested ETL's to ensure that the source and the target are mapped as per the Requirements/specifications.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Tested whether the reports developed in Cognos are as per company standards.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all requirements are covered in test cases.
- Responsible for Documentation of the Test cases, completed modules and the results of acceptance testing.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1, UNIX, PL/SQL, WinCvs 8.0, LoadRunner, Oracle 10g and Cognos, ABAC, HP Quality Center 10.0.
ETL Tester Data Warehouse Responsibilities:
- Participated in the requirements, design, and release readiness reviews.
- Assisted in the implementation of QA processes to ensure correctness of data flowing through each stage of the Informatica based ETL process.
- Created and maintained test documentation and test plans. Development and Execution of Test Cases for Informatica ETL components.
- Worked with the development team to create a suite of test data to exercises data validation and actual ETL functionality.
- Used SDK to validate reports for Cognos Reportnet and Cognos SDK.
- Created Jobs to Schedule multiple reports in Cognos Connection.
- Performed Database Testing by writing SQL queries for generating reports to ensure data integrity and validating business rules
- Extensively executed SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and validating data after Backend testing
- Based on change requests, performed Impact analysis to determine the regression testing efforts
- Analyzed Test Execution Results and reported the Bugs/defects using Quality Center Performed Defect fix verification after each release
- Performed Verification, Validation, and Transformations on the Input data flat files before loading into target database
- Responsible for documentation of test results, test matrix, and participated in daily/weekly QA meetings
Environment: Informatica 7.1, UNIX AIX 4.2, Erwin 4.0, TOAD and Quality Center 9.0.
ETL Tester Data Warehouse
- Involved in creation of test plan and responsible for creating test cases from the business requirements.
- Interacted with the Business Analysts to get the business requirements and functional specifications.
- Created Test Scripts based on the test plan document and made sure the test scripts satisfy the test requirements.
- Validated the data flow from Source to Target tables by verifying the mappings and transformations inETL Tool, Informatica.
- Written SQL queries to validate data against the Cognos Reports and compare data with core application tables.
- Created and Executed SQL queries against the database to verify the backend data.
- Prepared detailed Test Scenarios and Test Cases in HP Quality Center.
- Responsible for System Testing, GUI testing and Functionality Testing.
- Reported the bugs, E-mail notifications to the developers using the HP Quality Center.
- Working closely with team members to ensure status and schedules are communicated.
Environment: Informatica 6.1, UNIX AIX 4.2, SQL, Windows XP and Quality Center 9.0