Technical Skills DBMS and DBMS apps
Oracle 7x, 8.0, 8i,9i, 10g, 11g RAC , Oracle RMAN, Oracle GRID, Oracle Data Guard, Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS , MySQL, Access, Lotus Notes
RHEL5, AIX, Windows, SunOs, AS/400
IBM Guardium, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, OEM, People Soft HRMS, People Soft Finance Application Server, Process Scheduler, Web Server , Microsoft SCCM/SCOM, Microsoft DPM, Hyperion Essbase HFM, FDM , Oracle client tools, SQL Server database tools, Microstrategy, Quest Foglight, Quest LiteSpeed, Confio Ignite, TFS
Lead IT Security Analyst
- Lead architect of standards for vulnerability analysis and mitigation techniques.Current projects includes US FRB and MAS regulatory.
- Lead and develop an effectiveglobal team of analysts in assessment and correction of security controls team locations are Jersey City and Chennai, India .
- Management of corrective workflow aimed at the identified IT Risk elements based on ISO27001 and COBIT.
- IT Risk mitigation through re definition of security access policies, procedures, and their successful implementation. Promote and foster general awareness of compliance and regulatory ensuring that business owners maintain the business standard post remediation project.
- Perform internal reviews and quality control on team members completed assignments. Update management on project and resource successes, problems and/or constraints.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to less experienced team members to include oversight of tasks and deliverables on a periodic basis.
- Review various Business Intelligence tool, oversee the development and rollout of the approved tool to generate reports to the business owners.
- Documentation of proper governance and compliance policies, procedures and mitigation controls
- Research and maintain knowledge of industry GRC initiatives and best practices.
Database Administrator - Enterprise Administration Services Team EAST
- Reviewed and undertook new opportunities such as SQL Server 2012 Change Data Capture, GRID upgrade on OVM, IBM Guardium evaluation, review, implementation and upgrade, Microsoft SCCM 2012, implementation of Hyperion Essbase and HFM/FDMin the capacity of application administrator.
- Application Security Real TimeAccess Monitoring application's leadership IBM Guardium :
- Subject Matter Expert for Database Activity Monitoring applications: Guardium, Oracle GRID, and Quest Spotlight.
- Reviewed, evaluated, lead implementation of database activity monitoring infrastructure Guardium across Scholastic's databases to meet internal/external audit and regulatory requirements SOX, PCI .
- Drove database security initiativessuch as database security configuration, activity monitoring, access control, data protection and audit remediation across departments.
- Designed security policies for both the Production and Non-Production Guardium environments to maximize the monitoring activity.
- Provided regular updates to senior management, internal and external audit departments via Guardium canned and ad-hoc reports.
- Performed various administration and maintenance tasks, such as customized tabs for different Guardium user roles, patch installation, application and data backup, archival, purge, alerting and aggregation processes.
- Maintained good communication with IBM Guardium support and sales teams. I was able to successfully negotiate and activate expired support hours previously purchased from a third party vendor prior to IBM's acquisition of Guardium.
- Leadership for HR/Payroll Oracle PeopleSoft database and related application initiatives:
- Designed and administration of high availability of Oracle PeopleSoft HR/Payroll database platform.
- Designed, managed, planned rollout and resources for various RDBMS upgrades, RAC conversion, OS platform migration and other RDBMS and application initiatives.
- Designed, managed, standardized the use of Oracle GRID monitoring tool for all corporate Oracle RDBMS.
- Disaster Recovery Planning DRP design, engineering, and support escalation.
- Designed and planned implementation management of administration automation and Oracle Data Guard initiative.
- Management and execution of People Soft application sustaining operation Tax Updates, Patch and Bundle installation, secondary contact for project migrations whenever primary business owner is unavailable .
- Leadership in management, evaluation and implementation of database monitoring to satisfy internal and external audit requirements.
- Escalation and secondary DBA resource to Oracle EBS group which included RDBMS upgrades, refresh, patch installation, OS platform migration.
- Management and administration of SharePoint 2010 platform:
- Subject Matter Expert for SharePoint 2010 platform.
- Lead role in engineering and implementation of a SharePoint 2010 EDW infrastructure.
- Engineering and Operational escalation and support in configuration, security, management and operational elements.
- Researched and pioneered new SharePoint 2010 based initiatives Upgrade Versions, Third-Party Solutions, Integration with additional Enterprise Systems, repository migration/upgrade to SQL Server 2012 .
- Administration, troubleshooting, user training, and operational support of the SharePoint platform
- Solution Architecture, design, and implementation of business requirements, definition and gathering of functional requirements, technical architecture documentation and unit testing.
- Coaching, mentoring, and technical guidance on the platform to other internal and external teams.
- Escalation point for daily activities in support of an Enterprise SharePoint 2010 environment relationship with Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server and its multidimensional SSAS database, SSRS, SSIS, IIS .
- Maintained current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for SharePoint solutions.
- Business Relationship Management and business analysis of needed improvements gatherings on to asses needed improvements.
- Management and administration of Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise suite:
- Designed and administration of high availability Microsoft SQL platform RDBMS, SSRS, SSAS version 2008R2 and 2012 for Enterprise Data Warehouse SharePoint 2010 reporting environment.
- Performance optimization monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Designed, managed, planned, documented simulation of Disaster Recovery process.
- Engineeredand planned the execution of production system migration enforcing, standardizing and leveraging the utilization of ServiceNow.
- Leadership in project and resource management for business application upgrade Education Group application utilizing Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS and third party tool: Aysling's Woodwing .
- Operational system management for database platforms: optimization, performance tuning, troubleshooting, upgrades, patching based on business use cases and functional requirement.
- General Areas:
- Designed and ensured compliance of database development standards efforts including: naming, configuration, quality codes, database security, data access, documentation.
- Led the Research and Development effort of new RDBMS features to ensure that they would satisfy application, company and audit requirements.
- Participated in the various activities in integration, research and knowledge transfer to Workday.
- Worked with the Scholastic Legal Department to review and customize vendors' agreements.
Database Administrator - Supply Chain Management and Finance System
- Assumed Project Manager'sresponsibilities to seek various opportunities for improvements and cost reduction.
- Accomplishment: Reduced cost and streamlined Safety Department's claims processing via web based application while ensuring that all data was safely guarded. Employees were able to enter claims from any workstation in the plants or from the office instead of filing paperwork.
- Designed and led the implementation of Safety OSHA web based application utilizing ASP, VB and Java scripts with SQL Server 2000 database backend.
- Designed company standard, tested and coordinated implementation of backup and disaster recovery for high availability applications including standby environments for People Soft applications and other Manufacturing applications .
- Designed company standard, coordinated yearly scheduled Disaster Recovery processes for Production applications.
- Performed databases performance tuning and provided post-implementation analysis.
- Performed databases growth analysis and manage allocate space as necessary.
- Designed and configured stage and development environments, performed database refresh processes as requested by Functional Leads.
- Performed extensive work in installation, performance tuning and configuration of People Soft Process Scheduler, Application Server and Web Server.
- Improved TCO by implementing a new architecture and optimizing Oracle databases.
- Designed and automated database maintenance scripts.
- Designed, configured, installed, and administer Oracle Enterprise Management OEM environment.
- Oracle Names Server administration and installation.
- Lead Security Administrator for HR Finance People Soft application and other Manufacturing application. Designed and created security controls to be SOX compliant.
- Led databases and People Soft applications and tools upgrades People Soft Finance upgrade to 8.8 and HR upgrade to 8.3 .
- Reviewed Oracle 9i and 10g technological trends and its applicability to the environments
- Led the testing and deployment of the Product Cost application and its integration with MS SQL 2000 database server.
- Designed and led effort to configure data collection interface for manufacturing appliances cooler, conveyer belt, etc utilizing approved vendor's Programmable Logic Controller PLC interface on event and frequency basis.
- Managed, tested and deployed Lotus Notes application set for Refrigeration Compliance Management RCM and Environmental Quality Management EQM .
- Researched and deployed a management system for the Route Monitoring System, web based application with MySQL backend database.
Data Analyst - Data Warehouse
- Administration of People Soft and Data Warehouse security systems. Reviewed security on periodically to satisfy internal and external audit requirements.
- Administered, coordinated functional and system testing stages and deployed Microstrategy Data Warehousefrom Non-Production to Production stage.
- Monitored Data extraction from the BBC Single Sales System AS/400 to the Data Warehouse system AIX/RS6000 .
- Designed, tested and deployed ad hoc and canned power reports in Microstrategy.
- Led data integrity research project for retail and corporateanalytical and strategic planning purposes.
- Researched, analyzed and implemented fixes for application and data issues related to the Data Warehouse.
- Managed and facilitated knowledge transfer to all market areas functional lead power users as well as end users.
Student Intern - Data Warehouse
- Supported Data Warehouse functional leads and provided application support services to the Power and end users.
- Provided hands-on assistance on Data Warehouse training.
- Developed working knowledge of GWB's data extraction and transformation tools.
- Performed and monitored data extraction processes from AS/400 to AIX server and validates results.
- Analyzed and rectified data validation errors.
- Performed necessary data queries to assist in data validation.