- More than 8 Years of IT experience in Analysis, Designing Development, Implementation Maintenance of Database and BI Applications using MS SQL Server 2008R2, 2008, 2005 and 2000 in Development and Production Environments.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading ETL between Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems using SQL Server tools, including SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , Data Transformation Services DTS .
- Expertise in SQL server database tools SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager and SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio.
- Working experience in domains Medical, Banking, Insurance and Financial sectors.
- Extensive experience in designing complex Relational Database models and implementations as per business requirements.
- Expert in creating Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and T-SQL batch scripts to accommodate complex business specifications.
- Created SSIS packages with error handling using various data transformations like conditional split, for each loop, multi cast, column conversion, script components for elimination of duplicate Data, Null values, and converting data into required formats.
- Experience in migrating data from external system including flat files, excel, MS Access and oracle into SQL Server using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Worked with OLAP, Data warehouse applications, dimensional models which include star and snowflakes schemas to implement SSAS, SSRS for supporting large Reporting needs.
- Experience in front end development tools like VB.net, c .net, and HTML.
- Excellent task oriented team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Oracle 10g/9i, My SQL5.0/4.1,MS Access 2007/2003.
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SSMS, SQL Profiler, Data Transformation Services DTS , Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS .
Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, UML, Logical and Physical data Modeling.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL scripts, Data Junction.
Languages: C, C , C .net, Asp.net, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, HTML, DHTML, XML, VBA.
Operating System: Windows XP/2000, Vista, UNIX, Windows Server 2003.
ERP Applications: SAP, PeopleSoft.
Models/Framework: OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, Star Schema.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Crystal Reports 9/8.5, MS Excel.
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
- Followed established software development guidelines and procedures.
- Performed Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of load processes and Data transformation processes.
- Communicated clearly and effectively with the QA team, business users and DA/DBA groups to gather requirements and translating into technical specifications for reporting purposes.
- Parsed high-level Functional spec to simple ETL Coding and Mapping standards.
- The data migration included identifying various Sources where the information/data lay scattered, understanding the complex business rules that need to be implemented and planning the data transformation methodology.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica transformations like Joiner, Rank, Router, Expression, Lookup, Aggregator, Filter, Normalizer, Java, Update strategy and Sequence generator etc.
- Worked on developing Informatica mappings and workflows, applying transformations based on the business requirements
- Worked with the Informatica/ETL team in development/enhancement of the existing models by adding extensions according to the business needs.
- Developed various Informatica mappings using Informatica Designer, to extract data from CDW and send the data to downstream applications.
- Worked heavily with the Expression, Lookup, Routerand Update Strategy transformations in Informatica Power Center to solve the slowly changing dimension problems.
- Review and provide input to project electric engineering for sequence of controls. Write SQL programs.
- Working on backend to analyze and retrieve the data from Oracle Server on Linux by using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS BI tool and UNIX commands.
- Designed and developed UNIX Shell Scripts to automate the process of loading and pulling data during testing process.
- Prepared code documentation in support of application development, including high level and detailed design documents, unit test specifications, interface specifications and also provided technical solutions for the Process requests raised by Data team to fix the issues in the existing system.
- Created test cases and performed Unit Testing for the Informatica mappings, documented Unit testing, Logged and resolved defects in the roll out phase.
Environment: ETL Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Version One, JIRA, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2010, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2008 , Flat Files, Unit Testing, Erwin 4.0, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS-Access, MS-Excel, UNIX Shell Scripts, Linux.
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer
- Extensively involved in almost all the phases of Project life cycle right from Requirements Gathering to Testing and Implementation etc.
- Created Mappings to move from Various Systems into the Data Warehouse.
- Created different Transformations for loading the data into target like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Update Strategy, Connected Lookup and unconnected Lookup, Rank, Expression, Router, Filter, Aggregator and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Developed Mappings and Mapplet to extract Claims, Policies and Customer data from flat files and load into the Data Warehouse.
- Used Lookup Transformation to access data from tables, which are not the source for mapping and also used Unconnected Lookup to improve performance.
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplets to use in multiple mappings.
- Created, scheduled and monitored sessions and batches on the Informatica server using Informatica Workflow manager.
- Used parallel processing capabilities, Pipeline-Partitioning and Target Table partitioning.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions SCDs, Both Type I II .
- Modified the existing Mappings and created new Mappings as per the requirement.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on Targets, Sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Defined Target Load Order Plan for loading data into Target Tables.
- Experience in using Debugger in Informatica Designer tool to test and fix errors in the mappings.
- Created, updated and maintained ETL technical documentation.
- Monitored workflows Using Workflow monitor.
- Performed Unit testing of mappings and sessions.
Environment: ETL Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Version One, JIRA, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2010, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2008 , Flat Files, Unit Testing, TOAD, Erwin 4.0, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS-Access, MS-Excel, UNIX Shell Scripts, Linux.
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Analyzed the business requirements to implement coding using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling to design and develop STAR Schema, using ERwin.
- Performed migration of objects in all phases DEV, INT and PRD of project and trained developers to maintain system in production.
- Analyzed the architecture to propose an ETL design solution for DWH.
- Documented the approach in the Technical design document to be approved by the client and performed part of the data modeling in Erwin.
- Was involved in logical and physical data model for Admin Server Project. Built the DDL and DML Scripts from the Erwin tool.
- Designed mappings and created a range of transformations to obtain appropriate conversion between the sources and targets.
- Worked on creating the delta process, eliminating the duplicates and implemented excellent exception handling strategies while developing the Informatica mappings.
- As a routine, while working with design of mappings, used various transformations like Aggregator, Lookup, Filter, Router, Expression, Stored procedure and Sequence generator transformations.
- Developed entity diagrams and data dictionaries to accomplish tasks. Develop logical and physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Generated Informatica Mappings to populate the data into dimension and Fact tables for data classifications.
- Developed pre-session and post sessions routines for sessions to drop and re-create indexes and key constraints for bulk loading.
- Automated the schedules for running sessions and processes with Informatica scheduler.
- Created a database for various phases and assisted the QA team in building test cases.
- Participated in Incident Management and production support tickets resolution.
- Developed an understanding on grids, nodes, repository services and integration services.
- Solved various production issues and worked along with the Informatica global support to troubleshoot failures.
- Created Folders and managed user group access to objects in the repository.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like parameter files, variables and Dynamic Cache.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Oracle, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Flat Files, PL/SQL, UNIX, TOAD, Erwin 4.0, MS-Access, MS-Excel, UNIX Shell Scripts, Linux.
- Identified business rules for data migration and analyzed the business requirements.
- Worked with pre and post sessions, and extracted data from Transaction System into Staging Area.
- Extensively worked with Informatica Tools Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository server and Informatica server.
- Created workflows with the event wait task to specify when the workflow should load the tables.
- Used PL/SQL to write stored procedures to increase performance.
- Extensively used Debugger Process to test Data and applied Breakpoints.
- Loaded data from various sources Flat files, Oracle, Sql Server, XML using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Router, Sorter, Aggregator, Connected and Unconnected Lookup, Expression, Sequence Generator, XML Source Qualifier, Union and Update Strategy to load the data into the target.
- Worked on Data cleansing, data conversion process implementation.
- UNIX Shell scripting for backup and monitoring of databases.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and support of the database of the server.
- Provided daily support to clients including data research and test environment data refreshes
- Monitored the processes to identify potential issues and apply preventative and corrective actions.
- Designed the slowly changing dimension strategy for the warehouse.
- Responsible for the dealing with the problems, bug fixing and troubleshooting.
- Provided production support.
- Coordinated between Development, QA and production migration teams.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Oracle 11g/10g, Clear Case, Clear quest, XML, PL/SQL, Toad 220.127.116.11, Unix Korn-shell scripts, Perl scripts, SQL Server Query Analyzer, Erwin, Linux.
- Designed and developed business rules to generate consolidated fact/summary data identified by dimensions using Informatica ETL Power Center Tool.
- Maintained stored definitions, transformation rules and targets definitions using Informatica repository manager.
- Created and scheduled sessions and Batch process based on demand, run on time, run only once using Informatica server manager.
- Involved in the performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Developed Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Developed deployment instructions to support the deployment of data marts and reports.
- Performed manual testing prior to automate testing on the application.
- Scheduled and monitored transformation processes using Informatica Server Manager.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, UNIX.