- Around 7 years' experience in IT with about 6 years' experience in Data Warehousing based applications on UNIX, Windows.
- Expertise using Informatica PowerCenter at all ETL stages. Very good at using Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Expertise using Talend tool for both Open Source and Enterprise Edition for BigData.
- Expertise using BigQuery browser tool and BigQuery CommandLine.
- Strong knowledge on OLAP systems, Kimball and Inmon methodology and models, dimensional modeling using Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Outstanding experience dealing with complex database structures: PL/SQL Stored Procs, Packages, triggers, materialized views.
- Experience of handling production issues. Capability to understand complex systems in short span.
- Worked on various phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC such as Project Requirement Study, high level design, low-level design, Coding, Testing, Quality assurance Documentation, Implementation and Project Planning.
- Extensive experience working in various UNIX environments. Excellent skills at Shell, Perl Scripting.
- Involved in the data analysis for source and target systems. Experienced in integration of the various data sources such as Oracle and various types of flat files.
- Expert in performance tuning, clearing performance bottlenecks at various levels like sources, targets, mappings, sessions and databases.
- Technical proficiency in handling RDBMS databases. Particularly using Oracle 8i/9i/10g.
- Expertise using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Import/Export utilities on UNIX, WINDOWS XP/2000.
- Pro-active, Self-motivated and responsible person with excellent interpersonal communication skills and proven Track record of quality deliveries.
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1/8.6,
Talend Enterprise Edition for Big Data 5.5, Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 5.1
Data Modeling Tool: Erwin
Operating System: Windows NT /XP /2000, UNIX
Programing Languages: Core Java, C , Visual Basic, COBOL
Data Bases: Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, Sybase, Teradata
Database Utilities: SQL, SQL Loader, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions,
Packages, Triggers, Exception handling
Scripting: Shell, Perl
Job Schedulers: Autosys, Control-M, Tidal
Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Oracle 10g, Tableau, UNIX, Shell/Perl scripting.
- Extracted the data from various relational databases, flat files, webservices and XML files.
- I am responsible for Shipment and activation data reconciliation.
- Written queries in BigQuery to lookup all the Customer, Product, Order level data.
- Worked on dimensional modelling to design and develop star schema, identifying facts and dimensions.
- Extensively used Stored Procedures, Triggers and Joins in interaction with backend databases using PL/SQL.
- Created data break points and error breakpoints for debugging the mappings.
- Development of mapping documents and analyzing the data sources.
- Responsible for reducing the fallout count in Shipments data.
- Inspecting the data for quality issues.
- Responsible for scheduling, error logging andmonitoring the jobs.
- Closely worked with reporting people to ensure correct data is present in reporting.
Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, Oracle 10g, MySql, SQL Server,QLikView,SQL, PL/SQL,UNIX, shell/Perl scripting.
- Development of Informatica mappings to onboard new sources and changes to the existing ones. I am responsible for Operative upgrade to V3.
- Worked with mapping parameters, variables and session variables.
- Developed various wrapper scripts bash/Perl for the management of the system.
- Tuned the performanceof mappings, decreased the load time of workflows.
- Responsible for production support of the system on rota basis.
- Created test cases for the mappings, then created integrated testing document.
- Responsible for peer code reviews.
Informatica PowerCenter 8.6,Talend Open Studio 5.0, Oracle 10g, DB2, Cognos, UNIX,SQL, PL/SQL, AUTOSYS, shell/Perl scripting.
- Gathering requirements for feeding the Health Exchange DB.
- Developed stored procedures in PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripts for automated execution of jobs.
- Worked with Target Load Plan for loading the data into targets.
- Worked with SQL Override in the Source Qualifier and Lookup transformations.
- Worked with XML Source Qualifier for extracting the XML sources.
- Created Mapplets to reuse all the set of transformations for all mappings.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions as per the requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring scheduled, running, completed and failed sessions.
- Worked with Static, Dynamic and Persistent Cache in the Lookup transformations.
- Used Debugger to debug the flow of the data from sources to targets.
- Worked mainly with Lookup, Expression, Router, Union, Joiner, Java, Update Strategy transformations.
- Used Update Overwrite option for updating the non-key ports in the session level.
- Contributed significant design inputs for dimensional db schema design. Looking forward for a role involving db design responsibilities.
Informatica Power Center 8.6, Power Exchange, Oracle 10g, Tidal Scheduler, SQL, MicroStrategy, Unix and Shell scripting.
- Requirements procurement: Worked with business personnel, Data Modelers to understand the source to target mapping documents, the structure of the tables, target schema definition.
- Worked with legacy systems for extracting data from mainframes.
- Designed mappings using Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Sorter, Rank, Source Qualifier and Router transformations.
- Designed complex mappings to load data into target using Connected Lookup, Unconnected Lookup, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created Mapplets to reuse all the set of transformations in Mapplet Designer.
- Created Workflows and Sessions for each mapping that we are extracting from Source Systems to Staging areas, Staging areas to target.
- Performed Unit testing on the Informatica code.
- Used UNIX shell scripting for processing flat files to move them onto the server and importing as the source and for merging the data.
- Participated in the enterprise performance tuning of Informatica for Sources, Targets, Mappings and Sessions.
- Worked with DBA group to resolve performance.
- Used Informatica Scheduler to schedule the Workflows.
Informatica PowerCenter 7.1, Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Developer.
- Used Informatica tools including Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Created Reusable Transformations and Mapplets to use in multiple mappings.
- Designed and developed various mappings, sessions and workflows to extract data from flat files, Oracle sources and load to Oracle and flat files.
- Worked with TPUMP, Fast load, BTEQ utilities in Teradata.
- Used Workflow monitor to monitor tasks, workflows and also to monitor performance.
- Worked on tuning the existing mappings for better performance.
- Performed unit testing, performed tuning of SQL queries.
Oracle, Oracle Forms 5.0/4.5, Reports 2.5, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows NT/98/95, SQL Navigator, Erwin3.5, and UNIX
- Designed and developed stored procedures and database views.
- Maintained user roles and privileges at the database level. It involved enrolling users, maintaining the system security, controlling and monitoring user access.
- Used SQL to extract the data from the database.
- Worked with Development Life Cycle teams.
- Wrote Stored procedures, Stored functions, Packages and used Forms and Reports
- Wrote database triggers for automatic updating the tables and views.
- Designed and developed forms and reports.