An accomplished, versatile, highly organized self-starter with outstanding career track known throughout the industry with 7 years expertise in all aspects of Testing in Data Warehousing from the source systems data extractions, data transformations, data staging, movement and aggregation. Exceptional communicator with problem solving capabilities and taking initiatives in supporting management policies and objectives quickly and effectively.
- 7 years of focused experience in Information Technology with a strong background in Database and Data warehousing and ETL and Reporting testing
- Extensively worked with large Databases in QA and UAT Environments.
- Validating data after processing to implementing Data Mart applications, mainly transformation processes using ETL tools.
- Designing test cases and test data for ETL data conversions from wide variety of source system.
- Extensive work in ETL process consisting of data transformation, data sourcing, mapping, conversion and loading and knowledge in Data Modeling.
- Strong in Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodologies.
- Proficient in understanding business processes / requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Extensive experience in testing of Data Cleanup procedures, transformations, Scripts, Stored Procedures and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into the targets.
- Clear understanding of all DW concepts and modelling techniques including snowflake and star schemas.
- Proficient in Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Scripting to test files.
- A Team Player with excellent communication, analytical, verbal and writing skills
- Data Modelling: CA Erwin 4.0, Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, FACT Dimension Tables
- ETL/BI: Informatica Power Center 8.6 /9.x, Ab-Initio, SAP Business Objects 4.0, Cognos
- Databases: Oracle 10g/11g, MSSQL Server 2005/2008, DB2, Teradata ODBC 188.8.131.52
- Programming: SQL, TOAD Transact SQL, UNIX vi editor commands
- Defect management tool: HP QC/ALM
Data Warehouse Tester
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application
- Managed multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various testing needs.
- Debugging the SQL-Statements and stored procedures for various business scenarios.
- Performed extensive Data Validation, Data Verification against Data Warehouse
- Loading Flat file Data into Teradata tables using Unix Shell scripts.
- As an ETL Tester responsible for the understanding the business requirements, ETL and subsequently design ETL testing strategy using SQL scripts.
- Tested several BO Reports for several business needs including Dashboards, Drill-Down, Master-Detailed, Aggregated, KPI's, Grouped List, Cascade and Web Reports.
- Tested and validated the BO reports by running similar SQL queries against the source system s .
- Tested several Informatica Mappings to validate the business conditions.
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Designed and executed the test cases on the application as per company standards and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center 10
- Designed and prepared scripts to monitor uptime/downtime of different system components
- Wrote Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems.
- Interacted with senior peers or subject matter experts to learn more about the data
- Identified duplicate records in the staging area before data gets processed
- Extensively written test scripts for back-end validations
Environment: Informatica 9.6, Business Objects 4.0, HP QC/ALM, Teradata 12, TOAD, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, IBM DB2.
Data Warehouse Tester
- Analyzed the sources, targets, to test the transformed, mapped data in targets using Informatica.
- Worked with various transformations like Aggregator, Ranker, Lookup transformation, Filter transformation, Update transformation, stored procedure transformations etc.
- Tested data flow by introducing staging, transaction, data warehouse and data mart area. This design provided more control on data flow and data validation.
- Testing has been done based on Change Requests and Defect Requests.
- Extensively used PL/SQL features such as procedures, functions, packages database triggers for maintaining complex integrity constraints and implementing the complex business rules.
- Tested data migration to ensure that integrity of data was not compromised.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries for extracting data from multiple tables.
- Developed SQL loader scripts to load the data into the custom tables.
- Involved in debugging and tuning the PL/SQL code, tuning queries, optimization for the Oracle database and wrote Unix Korn Shell Scripts to schedule the business process.
- Verify that all business rules are satisfied before the application is promoted to User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with business analysts, data architects and application developer to understand the process model and develop test cases and scripts.
- Practical understanding of the Database schemas like Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema used in relational and dimensional modelling.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review meetings.
- Made Change Requests for failed test cases and assigned them to responsible developers
- Developed complex SQL scripts/queries for data verification to compare the expected results with database and analyzed the data and the calculations in the mapping for its correctness.
Environment: Informatica power center 9.1, HP Quality Center, Business Objects, Cognos 8.0, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, UNIX
Data Warehouse Tester
- Tested the field mapping and transformation rules for a Wachovia-to-Wells data migration.
- Determined schemas and record-selection rules of Wachovia Oracle and Wells SQL Server data sets.
- Designed Excel-based Search Engine to facilitate complex data-validation.
- Converted labor-intensive and error-prone process, increasing worksheet- and workbook-wide consistency and accuracy.
- Surgically targeted corrections with precise logging of each query's success/failure rate
- Eliminated repetitive and monotonous query writing.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server, Toad Oracle and SQL Server interface , Excel 2007.
Data Warehouse Tester
Confidential is world's one of the largest Money Management firms. Developed an Online Trading System targeted towards the share-brokers and shareholders .The system provides daily, monthly and yearly statements along with year ending tax statements. Worked on Fund Account Management, Asset Management, Equities, Trade Place trade , Trade Execution, and Stockholders Account Management, Portfolios, Transaction History, Monthly Historical Data, Charts, Improved Sorting, More Table Options and More Calculation Options modules.
- Created test case documents in MS Excel template from the Test Plan and the Business Requirements documents.
- Exported Manual test cases from MS Excel template directly to Quality Center and executed 100 of the test cases with Pass/Fail/Blocked status.
- Involved in the error checking and testing of the ETL procedures and programs Informatica session log.
- Involved in documentation in order to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements
- Involved in the system, integration, automation and regression testing of the application
- Used Quality Center to document issues found during testing with test results, suggested appropriate solutions and prioritized defects for resolution in coordination with the development team.
- Performed the back end testing by using SQL Queries and verified the data integrity.
- Coordinated with the developers to resolve defects.
- Tested the reports developed in Cognos against the database
- Responsible for sending daily defect status mails.
Environment: Informatica 7.1, SQL, TOAD, Quality Center 9.0, Cognos 8.0, Oracle 9i, MS Access, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows