- 10 years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Modeler, DB Consultant, Application DBA and Database Developer
- Worked in all facets of software development life cycle - requirements gathering, design, development, database maintenance, data migration, warranty production support and team leading
- Excellent analysis and designskills
- Strong communication skills
- Able team worker with strong work ethics and environmental adaptation
- Good experience in client handling and requirements gathering.
- Design and develop data models.
- Analyze data sources and create data migration templates.
- Data migration from other Databases to Oracle.
- Develop and deploy back End Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages Triggers in PL/SQL.
- Performance tuning of PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Data migration using SQL Loader and Perl.
- Hands-on training in Informatica, Talend and ODI.
- Given seminars on various Oracle-related topics to the Database team.
- Excellent knowledge in handling TOAD.
- Strict adherence to DB standards and processes in every task.
- Design and develop Forms Reports, Construct/Code Integrate Form Level External Validation Interface.
- Languages : PL/SQL, Perl, UNIX
- Backend : Oracle 8i,9i,10g, 11g, Teradata, Ingres, SQL Server
- Utilities : TOAD, SQL Plus, ErWin, SQL Developer, Informatica
- Interface/Report Design : Oracle 9i/10g Forms and Reports, Crystal Reports
Role - Data Analyst
Responsibilities - The roles involved are of a Data Analyst and Data Modeler. As part of PRISM, I designed the data model for new subsystems added to eCAMS OLTP system. Propagated OLTP changes to the data warehouse. Converted Oracle specific data warehouse model to Teradata. Currently, I am designing the various data marts for generating adhoc reports for PRISM. I have a very good understanding of the Medicaid management process.
Role - Data Analyst, Data Modeler
Responsibilities - The roles involved are of a Data Analyst and Data Modeler. As part of MERP, I designed the data model for new subsystems added to eCAMS OLTP system. Propagated OLTP changes to the data warehouse. I have a very good understanding of the Medicaid management process. As part of the MERP team, I initiated and oversaw conversion of data models from ERwin version 4.1 to ERwin version 8.2.
Role - Data Analyst, Data Modeler, Database Consultant, PL/SQL Lead
Responsibilities - The roles involved were of a Data Analyst, Data Modeler, PL/SQL Lead, DB Consultant and ADBA for various clients like General Motors, World Bank, Ally Financials, Telstra, Mazda, Viterra to name a few. The job function involved helping development teams gather requirements, design data models, provide storage and resource estimates, create databases and maintain them, assisting them with database coding etc. As part of this team, I was responsible to evaluate various ETL and Data modeling tools like Oracle Data Integrator, Talend, Embarcadero etc.
Role - Lead Data Modeler, Onsite Coordinator
Responsibilities As lead data modeler, I was responsible for requirements analysis, design and implementation of the enterprise-wide data warehouse. I had to analyze and design the data model for various business processes like Underwriting, Claims, Earnings, Plan Data etc. I interacted regularly with the ETL team to assist them with their extraction, transformation and load logic in SSIS. I held regular sessions with Cognos and SSRS reports teams to assist them with the framework model designs.
Role - PL/SQL Lead, ADBA
Responsibilities As ADBA, my main responsibility was to assist the front-end development team with their coding efforts, consolidation and deployment of scripts in various environments such as development and pre-production, preparing implementation and back-out plans and scripts for production deployment. I designed and created various DB objects such as Packages, Procedures, Functions and Triggers to facilitate synchronization between two of the existing systems Part Grouping Tool and Run Rate. I lead the performance tuning initiative of all major queries used in the project.
Role - Data Analyst, Data Modeler, PL/SQL Lead, ADBA
Responsibilities As data modeler for this project, my role was to discuss and identify business requirements for the project, define entities and attributes needed for the business function, create conceptual, logical and physical data models, create data dictionary for the model, assist the development team with their ETL and Reports coding.
As data analyst for this project, my job was to study and analyze data from various source systems and decide on data cleansing to be done to migrate them into the newly designed data model. As part of this job, I create data templates to be sent to the various stakeholders for them to provide data.
Role - Onsite Coordinator, Tech Lead, Data Analyst,Data Modeler
Responsibilities - As the onsite coordinator for this project, I interacted with the clients at various levels, gathered the requirements, identified and documented the problem areas and provided technical solutions for the data model and reports. I coordinated the various development activities of the offshore development team. I interacted with the different onsite teams to provide an optimal development environment for the offshore development team.
As data analyst and data modeler of this project, I studied the existing data models of the various source systems and designed the new data model for reporting, analyzed the different source data and created templates to be used by the different stakeholders to input data into the new system.
As tech lead of the project, I coordinated the various technical aspects of development like data migration, reports etc. I provided quick solutions to the development team as and when they had questions regarding the project.