- Over 30 years Experience as a Data Architect/Data Analyst and Data Base Administrator DB2/UDB, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza, Microsoft Parallel Data Warehouse PDW , Greenplum, Hadoop, Sybase, Informix, IMS, Total This Included Conceptual Data Modeling, Canonical Modeling, Logical Data Modeling, Multidimensional Modeling, Business Process Modeling, IBM Infosphere MDM Server, Business Intelligence Usage and Implementation including Analytics , Physical Data Modeling, Master Data Management MDM as well as Relational/Object and Fact/Dimensional Modeling Star and Snowflake , ETL, ELT, OLAP, ROLAP, OLTP, Data Migration, Data Consolidation, Data Quality and Profiling, NoSQL Evaluation, Change Management and QA, Replication, Propagation, Federated Data Base, Change Data Capture CDC , Multiple Dimensional Clustering, Materialized Views, Problem Resolution, Performance Tuning and Testing, Capacity Planning, Program, SQL, and Application Review, Data Warehouse, Disaster Recovery. Data Modeling concepts and Methodologies used include MDM, DMBOK, Zachman, Inmon, Kimball, Information Engineering
- 15 Years re-architecting Mainframe, non-mainframe, Web-based and client-server applications and enterprise architectures into a Service Oriented Architecture SOA and Corporate Data Architecture as well as ERP Implementation Peoplesoft, Oracle E-Business, Seibel, SAP using Business Process Modeling and Business Requirements Definition and Acquisition for systems and data architecture planning and implementation at all levels based upon TOGAF Principles and other standards such as ACORD, XML, etc..
- 26 Years Data Modeling and Dimensional Modeling as well as Master Data Management MDM concepts using Infosphere Information Server, Websphere Business Process Modeling, Rational Product Suite, ERWin, Embarcadero ER/Studio, Power Designer, Rational Data Architect, ASG-Rochade, ADW and other CASE Tools , and Cayenne as tools and Data Information Gathering using JAD sessions, Agile Methods, Business Client Interviews and similar processes. Also worked with Unstructured Data and Document Management and taxonomies.
- 15 Years Experience with Multi-Platform Systems Conversions, Data Migrations, Data Replication and ETL and ELT process development, and BI Implementation using Tools such as DataStage, Informatica, Information Integrator, Infosphere Information Server, Websphere Replication Server on Mainframe, UNIX, AIX, Sun/OS, Solaris, and Windows and Data Conversions Legacy to DB2, Oracle to DB2, DB2 to Oracle, Mainframe DB2 to LUW UDB, Sybase to DB2, SQL Server to Oracle, SQL Server to UDB , SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Cognos, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Business Objects, Brio and associated Data Quality and Profiling Analysis
INDUSTRIES and APPLICATIONS
Retail, ERP, Internet, Call Center, CRM, Health Care, Life, and Property and Casualty Insurance, Medicaid, Human Resources/Payroll, Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecommunications, Financial, Commercial and Investment Banking, Government, Securities, Transportation, Education, Hotels
Various Unix platforms, Mainframe, Windows, Linux, DB2/zOS, UDB/LUW, Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio, SYBASE, Peoplesoft, SAP, SOA, Brio, OBIEE, Cognos, Business Objects, Websphere, Informix, Toad, Optim, REXX, IBM DataStage/QualityStage, IBM Infosphere IIS Suite, Sharepoint, Informatica, CA/ERWin and Model Mart, Rational Rose no IIS , ER/Studio, Power Designer, COBOL, Java/JDBC/SQLJ/J2EE, XML, C/C , SOX, TSM, SQR, Crystal, SAS, PERL, Korn Shell, Office Suite, DBArtisan, Hyperion
BOOKS, SEMINARS and SOFTWARE
- Author of DB2: The Complete Guide to Implementation and Use published by QED Information Sciences, Inc.
- International DB2 User's Group IDUG Speaker and Current DAMA Member
- Developer/Presenter many Technical and non-Technical courses in Data Architecture, Data Modeling and RDBMS Areas
Lead Database/Data Architect
- Provided Database and Data Architecture support for implementation and design of a Consolidated Telecommunications Data Warehouse using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Parallel Data Warehouse PDW appliance.
- The project included consolidation of current Data Warehouses existing in 13 countries in Africa and South and Central America.
- Sources included multiple SQL Servers and Oracle based architectures.
- Source Data Ware houses ranged from 5 to 10 Terabytes in size for each with the ultimate Target estimated to be over 150 Terabytes in size.
- Other duties included Oracle testing installation environment, Microsoft PDW Proof of Concept POC management, PL/SQL to SSIS conversion, existing ETL SSIS rearchitecture, and ER/Studio Repository implementation and population.
- Tools and Software used included Microsoft SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse PDW 2012, SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11G R2, ER/Studio, SSIS/SSAS 2012, PL/SQL.
Lead Infosphere/Data Warehouse Architect
- Provided Infosphere Data Stage support and Data Architecture and Design or Data Stage and Quality Stage implementation for a Unica-based Marketing Data Warehouse on SQL Server 2008 R2 and Fast Track for Conversion and Migration of Microsoft SQL Server data into a New Data Store used for Marketing Analysis and Mailing as well as performance and Infosphere Administration Support.
- Also developing SQL Server to Netezza conversion plan, CDC testing and initial NoSQL Analysis as well as SQL Server Fast Track testing and benchmarking and Microstrategy conversion to Unica.
- Power Designer used as Data Modeling Tool.
Lead Data Architect
- Lead Data Architect for Development and Implementation of Data Management and Data Governance Programs centered around the Implementation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Financials, and Human Resources along with EPM as a Data Warehouse and Analytics base.
- This included the design, creation, development and population of a custom Metadata Repository and Business Glossary using PeopleSoft App Designer and Oracle as well as OBIEE, BI Publisher, BI Answers.
- Software involved in the Data Architecture and Migration was Oracle 11G, Datastage 8.5 in addition to the PeopleSoft Suites, EPM and OBIEE.
- The Source Data Migration systems included IDMS, VSAM and Oracle to the target PeopleSoft Oracle Targets and EPM Oracle Targets.
- Processes involved included Source and Target Data Mapping, Metadata Collection and Population as well as Data Management and Data Governance Process Development.
- ERWin used as core Data Modeling Tool and Toad used for Data Analysis.
Lead Data Architect
- Lead Data Architect and Project Leader for implementation of Infosphere Data Warehouse 9.7.3 and Information Server 8.7 Suites and Conversion and Migration of Microsoft SQL Server and Informatica-based Applications and Data Architecture to IBM Suite products for IBM Mortgage Processing Subsidiary Seterus.
- This included development of new Forecasting and Analytics system, Data Architecture Re-Design, new Data Warehouse and implementation of SPSS and Cognos, and Visual Studio.
- ERWin used as core Data Modeling Tool. Also Provided UDB LUW DBA support.
Lead Data Architect
- Lead Data Architect and Project Leader for development and implementation of Corporate Data Governance and Data Management Programs centered around MDM concepts which including evaluation and selection Data Management Suite, Current Data Architecture and Application Data Usage Modeling, Multi-domain Master Data Management Model Creation, Enterprise Data Warehouse design and Selection using Dimensional Design Methods, Source/Target Data Mapping, ETL Process Flow, Business Glossary and Business Process Model development, Business Intelligence requirements, SOA definition and planning and related areas.
- This included Tool Evaluation and Selection, Metadata Repository Population, Development of Policies and Procedures as well as Methodology, Implementation and Training, Agile Methods Implementation and Integration for SDLC and Vendor Interfaces.
- Products selected and implemented were the IBM Infosphere Tool Suite Datastage, Cognos, Discovery, QualityStage, Metadata Workbench, Information Analyzer, Data Architect, FastTrack .
- IBM Rational Product Suite, and IBM Websphere SOA Product Suite and Business Process Modeling as well as Netezza were selected with SPSS for extensive Analytics.
- Sources included DB2-based Mainframe Legacy systems and multiple legacy Oracle Systems.
- System was a Netezza-based Hadoop Enterprise Data Warehouse EDW and new Oracle-based Enterprise Data Base.
- Extensive Creation and Implementation of ETL and ELT processes for the EDW and EDB using Datastage with both Netezza and Oracle as Targets and Autosys for Job Control.
- Designed EDW using Kimball Methodology as well as a SOA and ESB Architecture centered around a Model-Driven Methodology requiring multiple disparate Metadata Repository integrations.
- Also evaluated current vendor MDM Product Architectures Teradata, Informatica Siperian , IBM MDM Server and Unstructured Data Mapping.
Lead Data Architect
- Lead Data Architect for development, analysis, planning and implementation for various multi-platforms ETL and ELT processes using multiple Sources Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Access to a Teradata- based Data Warehouse and BI Implementation of OBIEE and Hyperion.
- This included implementation of IBM Infosphere Information Server DataStage, QualityStage, Metadata Workbench, Information Analyzer for conversion of existing mainframe-based ETL processes and development of new processes Both ETL and ELT and Table Architectures.
- Design constructs into a Teradata-based Warehouse.
- This included Data Requirements Gathering, extensive Data Analysis and Cleansing, Complex ETL development, Data Mapping, Existing Oracle Discoverer process analysis/conversion, Data Quality/Profiling, Data Modeling, ETL/BI Architecture Development, OBIEE, iBot, Analytics Development, Business Glossary Implementation, Metadata Development, Data Architecture, ERWin, Problem Resolution and Vendor Interface.
- Tools used included Toad, OEM, Autosys and ERWin.
Lead Data Architect and ETL Specialist
- Provided Data Architect, DBA and Data Conversion support to very large Data Warehouse using UDB DWE 9.5 using DPF MPP 256-node multi-billion rows, Workload Manager, Cube Views, Alphablox, DWE Data Mining, DWE Data Visualization Design Studio and Infosphere Information Server 8.1 DataStage, QualityStage, Metadata Workbench, Information Analyzer running on AIX 5.3.
- Responsibilities included Data Analysis of User Data Warehouse Requirements, Dashboard development and Implementation, Development and Implementation of Database Change Requirements for those, Problem Resolution, ETL and ELT process support, data conversion requirements, and BI Process preparation and analysis using Cognos.
- This also included design and implementation of Business-based changes to target database and associated data conversion and ETL using DataStage and ELT using UDB and Data Verification tasks including Java-based Source Code analysis and HIPPA verification.
- Tools and Software used include Data Warehouse Client, Sharepoint, IBM Performance Expert, Workload Manager part of IBM Data Warehouse Enterprise Edition 9.5 now known as Infosphere Warehouse .
- Planned and completed upgrade of DataStage 6.5.3 to Infosphere Information Server 8.1 and Infosphere Warehouse V9.5 to V9.7.
Lead Data Architect and DBA
- Provided Data Architect and Database Administration and Performance Tuning QA, Performance Testing, and Problem Resolution for zOS/DB2 versions of Peoplesoft HRMS and Peopletools.
- Supported UDB V9 AIX version of Peoplesoft EPM and associated Data Warehouse as well as support for Corporate Retail Sales Data Warehouse design and performance.
- This included Data Ware house Design, ETL and ELT development and BI Report and Dashboard creation.
- Tools and Software used included Korn Shell Scripting and Perl, TSM, Data Replication, SQL Analysis and Tuning, DataStage ETL Support, Peoplesoft Software Upgrade Migrations, Data Migrations, and Data conflict resolution.
Lead Data and Technical Architect
- Provided Data, Data Base and Systems Architecture Support for multiple clients and systems.
- This included Data Model development using ERWin and Physical Data Base Implementation and support for multiple systems using Master Data Management MDM concepts and Service Oriented Architecture Techniques using Java-base Hibernate Development.
- Transformation Projects including both OLTP and Data Warehouse using OLAP in a Star-Schema Dimensional Structure and DataStage as an ETL Tool as well as manual ELT processes based upon Views and Utility processes.
- Was first involved re-architecting existing SQL Server 2005-based T-SQL-based system to add new functionality, change design for that functionality and provide flexibility and ability for a User-Friendly reporting structure.
- The Second involved a complete transformation of a Worldwide Multi-site Web Services provider Google Competitor based upon 8 different high-volume multiple millions daily SQL Server 2000/2005-based Applications and associated multiple Databases into a single Times-Ten and Oracle 11G 3-tier Architecture structure using Hibernate as a Development Tool on a Linux platform.
- This was 5 billion transactions per day systems which included design and creation of a very large Data Warehouse 9TB for User and Customer Access using Cognos.
Lead Data Base and Data Warehouse Administrator
- Provided Data/Database Administration support and Performance Analysis, Design and Audit support for VLDB Data Warehouse Billion Row Table s 8 TB using EEE/DPF for Wholesale Phone Billing Claims Data Warehouse.
- Supported query access using SAS and Business Objects.
- This included Logical/Physical Data Model and Design Analysis/Modifications using ERWin, User Report Development, DataStage ETL modification and tuning, Extensive SQL Performance Analysis and Review, Problem Analysis and Resolution, Data Migration, Korn Shell and PERL Script writing.
- Part of Greenplum/Teradata Evaluation team.
Director, Data Management
- Provided Technical Design, Personnel Management, Strategic Data Direction and Implementation using a Service Oriented Architecture SOA approach to re-architecture of Enterprise Application Architecture involving data migration and conversion of Legacy Business Core Applications from a Mix of Mainframe VSAM, OS/390 DB2, Flat-Files, SAS, and FOCUS, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, Business Objects, and Informix to AIX UDB V8.2. using ERWin as the base Model Repository for the Enterprise Data Model and the Conversion Data Processes and created Data Dictionary to map existing Data Fields/Databases/Files to Projected Data Base structure.
- Extensive User interviewing performed as well as JAD Session moderation and UPC consolidation and implementation.
- This included Federated Data Base Implementation, OLTP Design, Data Warehouse Design, Data Migration Planning and Implementation, Logical and Physical Enterprise Data Model and Data Base Design, Data Profiling, ETL Conversion Plan Development and Implementation, Application Conversion Plan, Education and Training, Data Propagation Implementation and Version Conversion V7 to V8 , and Hardware and Software Analysis, Selection, and Installation on Mainframe and Mid-Tier Platforms AIX . Also included ETL software evaluation and resultant process creation using Ascential DataStage and IBI EDA, interfacing to Peoplesoft Financials, Seibel, EVAVI, PKMS UDB/400 -based , External Data Mart/Data Warehouse Integration and Redesign, MQ and Information Integrator Implementation, and existing Informix and other UDB-base web services using various J2EE methods primarily JDBC .
- Applications to be converted include Retail Order Processing, Call Center, Inventory, Warehouse and others. Data Warehouse sized at Multi-Terabyte.
Lead Data and Technical Architect
- Provided Dataand Database Administration and Architecture Analysis support of J2EE/JDBC-based Electronic Health Record System EFRS 3-Tier System NT/AIX/Mainframe composed of NT-based 'fat' client, AIX-based application servers, and mainframe zOS DB2-based database server running stored procedures and triggers and Java-based SQL using DB2 Connect servers as well as Websphere.
- Primary responsibilities included end-to-end performance and problem determination for multiple versions, including Production.
- Resolved many Logical/Physical Data Model issues caused by incorrect Design. ERWin used as base Repository.
- Other responsibilities included defining specific problem areas, in particular performance HIPPA verification as related to Database and Document Mapping issues Unstructured Data .
- This included the Database SQL calls, DB2 Connect Issues and Application Server problems as well as EMC RAID DASD device Symmetrix Implementation.
- Also supported SAS access.
Lead Data Architect
- Designed Star-Schema Data Warehouse and developed associated ETL processes and architecture from over 150 different financial feeds and sources in near-real-time using Dimensional Analysis techniques and resultant Star-Schema implementation.
- Performed Data Element Information Gathering using JAD sessions and other User interview processes.
- Created Data Dictionary to map existing Data Fields/Databases/Files to Projected Data Base structure and ETL processes provided initial analysis and recommendations for platform analysis Oracle/AIX vs. UDB/AIX vs. DB2/OS/390.
- Also developed initial Database Design using Dimensional Modeling Techniques Star Join using ERWin.
Lead Data Architect and DBA
- Provided Data Architect and Database Administration Architecture support for all Health Care Systems applications including new Data Warehouses.
- This included Performance Tuning, Logical/Physical Data Modeling using ADW and ERWin, Design Review, SQL Analysis, Data Gathering using JAD Sessions, and overall support.
- Planned and Implemented DB2 V4 to V5 and related third-party products, upgrade and implemented many performance-related improvements saving company extensive Wall-time and CPU cycles. Designed and implemented 10 Terabyte Data Warehouse on AIX/UDB and multiple Data Marts by implementing associated DataPropagator ETL processes from Mainframe to Multi-terabyte Data Warehouses/Data Marts on both Mainframe DB2 and AIX UDB. Used CA/Platinum Tools, various SAS/MXG products and Candle products.