- In search of employment where I could leverage my years of Database development and ETL / Business Intelligence experience to make a positive contribution towards the organization’s mission and goals.
- Highly motivated SQL server Developer with Nine Years of IT Experience in Database development and Business Intelligence Technologies, ETL process and Reporting using SQL Server 2008/2012, SSIS and SSRS and Business Objects.
- Experienced in writing complex TSQL queries involving multi-join, Subqueries, CTE, Merge, Window functions, Apply operator, Set Operators and more.
- Experienced in Installing and Configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008.
- Experienced in gathering client requirpement, Analysis, Physical and Logical Database design, develop, Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQL Server 2012/2008.
- Expert in TSQL DDL/DML, performed most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management Studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experience in optimizing the queries by creating clustered, non-clustered indexes, indexed views and using query and Index hint.
- Experience in Creating Tables, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and other T- SQL statements for various applications and enforcing Data Integrity with constraints.
- Expert in design and development of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and using various control flow task, data flow and transformations.
- Excellent in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Informix, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- A good working experience in creating various type of reports such as Complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with Report Builder or BIDS based on Relational and OLAP databases.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, database design, RDBMS, data warehousing and data modeling concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision. Experience mentoring junior staff / developers.
- Good understanding of Health care, Health care insurance especially Dental and Financial.
- Interacted with business partners to identify information needs and business requirements for reports
- Analytical and Technical aptitude with the ability to solve complex problems;
- Able to deliver high quality assignments on time and on budget and have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Designed and developed robust ETL projects using Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS) 2012. Developed Incremental Load to different data base servers, full load, real time sync production and reporting databases using SSIS CDC other.
- All packages, use Auditing, logging, statistics, email notification and are re-runnable.
- Created very sophisticated stored procedures to support the SSIS projects.
- Created ETL design document, Unit testing and development documentations.
- Designed ETL packages from business requirement document and data mapping.
- Migrated data from SQL Server 2008 to IBM Netezza Data Warehouse Server. Created an ETL package for data migration and a package that run nightly for incremental load to keep both database in sync.
- Extract, transform and load data files from various sources to SQL server databases
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, VB.Net, C#,
Database Developer / IS Manager
- Design, develop and test processes which include the creation refined TSQL queries, Table Expressions, SQL views, scripts, stored procedures and SSIS packages to accommodate recurring data requests
- Performed database analysis to improve functionality and optimize performance of existing queries.
- Point of contact for Informix database, backup database and onload the backup data to create test database, manage nightly jobs, trouble shoot as needed, and manage tmp folders and logs.
- Manage a group of programmers, Data analyst and production team. As IS department manager, I was responsible for production events done on time (Claim process, Capitation, Commission and more), member eligibility files processed timely and thoroughly, work with the programmers to determine the scope of the projects follow on deliverables. Developed yearly IS department action plans for the current year to enhance existing process or add new process.
- Developed many VB.NET and SSIS packages on automating using SQL Agent for incoming and outgoing SFTP files uploading and downloading files from and to SQL Server.
- Extract, transform and load data files of various data formats into SQL server databases
- Extract data from SQL databases using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and SSIS packages
- Export and reformat data according to predetermined file layouts and specifications
- Perform maintenance of existing SQL databases
- · Provide technical assistance to other IT staff relevant to database technology
- · Worked with business stakeholders, application developers, production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
Data Analyst/Crystal Report Developer
- Developed Crystal reports, automate reports to run in Business object XI and administer Business Object XI server. On the initial setup of the Object server, I’ve configured the job destination server (Email, FTP and unmanaged disk) and Windows Active Directory for Authentication.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 – SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Reporting Service, Informix, VB.Net, Business Object XI, Crystal Reports, MS Access.
Web page Developer
- Built a database solution using MS Access 2000/2003.
- Created a database to store and analyze their data.
- Performed requirements analysis, database design, upgrades, ongoing maintenance and support (database development cycle).
- Developed a database that make sure data integration, create relationship among tables, identified field (entities).
- Wrote extensive queries to organize and simplify large quantities of data, for daily, weekly and monthly reports also used queries to transfer and break the their data from Excel 2000 and 97 to the newly created tables. Formatted and customized data for printing by using access and Crystal reports 9.0. Wrote VB 6.0 programming and access Forms to display and enter the contents to the tables.
- Developed and Maintained Eritrean events Web pages using Dreamweaver MX, MS Front page 98/2000, Adobe photoshope 6.0.
- Support Embassy stuff with Microsoft office products
- Worked in a group to design, created entity relationship, and developed a database in Oracle 8i.
- Converted MySQL Server and Access databases into Oracle.
- Maintained existing Access databases by creating more tables, reports and writing more queries.
- Designed and created forms and reports in Oracle 8i.
- Developed forms and reports using Crystal Reports 8.5 and Visual Basic 6.0.
Student Supervisor/ Help Desk (Computer Science Lab)
- Conducted troubleshooting for windows 2000/98/95, Mac OS and other software
- Provided assistance to students with software related problems.
- Helped with email and Internet problems
- Entered Data and worked with Excel
- Documented, faxed, mailed, and made campus deliveries, answered telephone
- BI/ETL Tools: SSMS, BIDS, SQL Server Data Tools, SSIS, SSRS, Report Builder 2.0/3.0
- RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , Netezza, Informix 11.5/7.3, MS Access, Oracle.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/ 2000/2007/2008 , Linux, MSDOS, Unix
- Server Import/Export wizard, Backup Server, Replication server, SQL Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL Jobs, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer.
- Skills and Languages: Transact SQL (T-SQL), PL/SQL, VB.Net.
- DB Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Erwin.
- Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Objects 6.5/XIR2, Crystal reports 11/9/8.5/8.0.
- Structured Programming: VB.Net, C#, Visual Basic 6.0, VBA, ASP 2.0, HTML, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Script, VBScript, ODBC connection, Assembler 8088.
- Other Tools: MS-Office 97/2000/2007/2010 , MS-Outlook, MS FrontPage 98/2000 , Adobe PhotoShop, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
- Hardware: Linksys Hub, Printers, Switches.
- Protocols: Ethernet, DHCP, WINS, TCP, IP
- Other technical skills: Windows 2000 client/server network with Active Directory, LAN and TCP/IP operations and setups, extensive knowledge of computer software and hardware troubleshooting