ObjectiveTo work in a competitive environment that effectively utilizes my analytical, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills to conceive and achieve solutions. The solutions which help the organization in not only meeting its targets, but also allowing it to grow, thereby, enhancing my own skills as an individual and as a key player in the organization's development.
- Around 6 years of total IT experience in the Design, Modeling, Development and Testing of Data warehouse housing and other applications using Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Methodologies.
- Extensive experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SAP Business Objects Data-services XI 3.1, XI3.2(BODS).
- Worked in multiple responsibilities including ETL design, analysis and development, writing technical specifications.
- Extensive Agile, scrum and ITUP model development experience using tools like Rally, PRISM.
- Knowledge in Planning, Designing, Developing and Deploying Data warehouses with experience of both relational & multidimensional database design using Data Modeling tool (Physical and Logical data models).
- Extensive experience in documenting business requirements, functional, technical specifications and test cases.
- Creating Scripts, Jobs, Workflows, Data Flows and Executing jobs with Data Integrator Designer. Loading Data into Target using flat files and from database tables used as source files.
- Knowledge of Business intelligence reporting Tools such as Business Objects XI 3.1, Business Objects XI 3.2.
- Strong Exposure to SQL, PL/SQL, RDBMS, Oracle 8i/9i/10g and MS SQL Server 2005.
- Good experience in writing PLSQL based scripts, functions. Understanding of UNIX shell script programming, stored procedures.
- Experience in modeling applications for creating UML diagrams using Rational Rose, MS Visio, and Magic Draw.
- Experience in different phases of SDLC project life cycle from design phase to end user support phase.
- Worked with End-To-End implementation with Data warehousing team and Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts Star Schema, Snowflake Schemas and Multi-Dimensional Models for query and analysis requirements.
- Good team player with excellent communication, technical, multi tasking and interpersonal skills. Also having Quick adaptability and systematic approach towards work.
- Experience in Application development using various frameworks such as Jakarta Struts Framework, Spring Framework 1.2 using AGILE methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and hands on experience with Java, SQL, HTML, CSS, XML, UML, Rational Rose, Dreamweaver.
SAP Business Objects XI 3.1, SAP Business Objects XI 3.2
SAP BODS Data services Xi3.1, SAP BODS Data services Xi3.2
Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Web Sphere, Apache/Tomcat
Oracle 8i,9i,10g, MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access, DB2
Java, SQL, PLSQL, Shell scripting
TOAD, SQL developer
HPQC, Mercury, Lotus Notes, MS Excel
Client: Confidential, Middletown, NJ
Role: ETL Onsite Lead/ Developer
Project: Dolphin Project
The objective of the project is to integrate the client data from various internal/external sources for different broadband and telecom products and to generate reports for usage of end users.
- Worked as a lead developer also responsible for regular defect assignment, and tracking.
- Worked with business to analyze requirements and changes in releases as part of Agile and earlier ITUP process.
- Responsible for daily job monitoring and production releases.
- Responsible for creating Data Flows for dimension and fact tables and loading the data.
- Worked on the case, validation; merge transforms, Key Generator, SQL Query transform, Table Comparison and lookup function in various jobs.
- Worked in fixing production support issues related to multi-provider mapping, data inconsistency, and job failures.
- Worked with Match Transforms, Address Cleanse and Data Cleanse Transforms for US Data Cleansing in Data Quality.
- Worked to delegate task between onsite and offshore teams and do requirement gathering for various projects.
- Scheduled the jobs, managed users and repositories in Management Console and moved the projects from DEV to ST, ST to UAT and UAT to Production.
- Worked on ITUP SDLC model and used PRISM tool for different phases of ITUP.
- Responsible for creation of data model from business mapping (technical docs) using SQL scripts.
- Worked on performance tuning of existing production jobs and involved in other production tickets.
- Worked on creation of technical documents for design, development and release management.
- Worked on unix scripts for file transfers using SFTP, Connect : Direct process, worked on other unix scripts for reading from files for data.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1, Data services Xi 3.2, ITUP model, Unix shell scripting, PLSQL, functions, oracle 10g.
Client - Confidential New York, NY
Role: Lead Developer
The objective of the project is to load data for various banking clients from different systems based on a template and store for the use of reporting and data usage by different applications through web services.
- Worked on Source to Target-Mapping for legacy systems.
- Worked on transforms, Jobs, Workflows, Data flows, scripts etc in Data Service to extract, cleanse and load into target Data Base. Involved in daily QA scrum calls and release management activities.
- Validated and executed batch jobs. Tested data flows and scripts against sample data and real data. Creation of initial and incremental load jobs.
- Gathered requirements from the Business and applied the look-up functions to meet their requirements, used if then else function.
- Prepared the Business/Technical Requirements, Design Templates, Development Standards document and detailed design documents.
- Worked as onsite coordinator for requirement gathering and ETL design.
- Coordinate with offshore test team for understanding the QA issues.
Environment: BODS Data services Xi 3.2, Agile Methodology, web sphere, UNIX shell scripting, Rational Rose, oracle 10g.
Client - Confidential
Role: Java Developer/ Programmer Analyst
Project: CARA (Credit and risk analysis)
The objective of CARA (credit and risk analysis) project is to automate internal processes and integrating data from different banking client systems to generate analytical reports for end client.
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions and developed Business Objects Data Services jobs specifications on excel sheets based on information acquired from analysis of source data, user requirements, Business rules and Enterprise standards.
- Developed/Modified Real time Business Objects Data Services jobs to generate the Web Services WSDL to integrate it with User Interface application.
- Used Business Objects Data Services for ETL extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems.
- Developed Maintained and Configured Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) in Business Objects Data Services Management Console and tested it extensively using SOAP UI.
- Analysed the Business Requirements (functional & technical) with the Business users.
- Used various transformations like Case, Map Operation, Merge, Query, Row Generation, SQL, and Validation.
- Involved in various testing cycles.
- Worked as front-end java developer for screen creation using mxmls and struts.
Environment: SQL, UNIX, struts, Apache Tomcat, PLSQL, BODS Data Services Xi3.2, BI reporting 3.1.
Company: - Confidential , Gurgaon, India
Role: Assistant Software Developer
The client had web sites hosted in various countries but all the functional components used in their web sites were same and each time they developed a new web site they had to re-create these components in different locale. In order to reduce the development and maintenance cost of these web sites they wanted a solution where in we could provide them with re-usable, pluggable UI components, which could be placed on a web page, or removed, easily from a web page without having changed the other pages using the same components. Our project then implemented pluggable UI components called widgets for them, a widget is a small application that can be installed and executed within a web page. We also created a wrapper over a set of operations provided as web services by their vendors and these core functionalities then provided business data to the widgets.
- Worked as a widget developer and functional widget tester.
- Worked on implementing JUnits for widget-framework, the widget framework were set of java APIs using which these widgets were created.
- Developed flows using widget framework.
- Developed using eclipse and deployed using apache tomcat.
- Involved in fixing bugs identified by the Findbugs and Fortify.
- Implemented PMD, Checkstyle formatting to format all Java class coding Standards.
Environment: struts, j2ee, PLSQL, functions, cursor, triggers, SQL, MS Visio.
Role: Java Developer
Confidential is a Telefónica company with more than 35 million customers across Europe. We had created a web site for the client with various business modules, which provided end user with telecom products and services, which were created over a period of time and were released to the client as releases. Each release had a set of functionality going in, written in Java using spring framework and the backend was integrated to it which was an existing legacy Database system and some web services provided by different vendors.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of module development and bug fixing.
- Worked on CRs related to (CRM) availability checker.
- Worked in UAT phase of Confidential release (bug fixing).
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the Struts Framework and Hibernate.
- Used JDBC to access SQL Server database for accessing customer information.
- Extensive involvement in database design, development and coding of stored Procedures and functions.
Role: System Developer
- Worked in the design phase of the project.
- Worked in creating technical documents for the project.
- Created UML designs for different modules in MS Visio 2007.
- Created Business documents for forgot password and MFA module using client documents in MS word.
- Implemented functional modules using spring framework and java.
- Worked on screen look and feel and did R&D on richfaces3.4, facelets and other such tag libraries or packages available in JSF.
- Worked on spring web flows in second release of the project.
- Created unit test cases in Junit for manager layer and service layer classes, worked on integration testing and did bug fixing phase for first release.
- Used PMD for technical code review, Emma for code coverage during testing and check style tool for formatting of all java classes in flow.
Environment: Java, JSF, spring framework, spring web flows, Rad7.5, websphere7.5.3, jude, MS Visio, SQL.
Role: System DeveloperConfidential is a leading mobile telecommunication provider of all sort of cellular operations and services. We provided VODAFONE with a Web application used for their marketing business online and for usual selling of their online products. The project was a re-engineering based project where their already developed site was re -structured completely to a new architecture based on portlet framework.Responsibilities:
- Worked in support bug fixing track for OB7 release bugs.
- Worked on refactoring of MVOW and register UR interest module.
- Created technical document, sequence diagram and class diagram for MVOW and register UR interest module.
- Worked on CR, which was an enhancement for creating add, edit and delete search functionality.
- Created technical document for the same.
- Worked on other CRs, which were related to email generation, wireframe changes across the web site for different web pages.
- Also worked on refactoring of Gemini outage functionality.
- Worked in improvement track.
- Did POC on client jar creation approach for EJBs (enterprise java beans).
- Producer to consumer event handling approach.
- Worked on ANT build scripts for creation of project, creation of jars and up gradation of manifest files automatically through build scripts for creation of client jars and the usage as shared libraries.
- Created unit test cases for manger and service layer classes using JUnit and unit test cases for controllers, servlets using cactus test cases.
- Used PMD for code coverage during testing and check style tool for formatting of all java classes in flow.
Environment: J2EE, java, JSP, Web logic for Integration, JUnit, cactus, PMD, check style, SQL, ANT
Role: System Developer
Project: Confidential -support
Confidential is a leading telecomm provider of data, voice and managed services to Business and government customers in Europe. We are providing Confidential with 6 different Web-applications like for their business users, end users, sales and marketing users etc.
- Handling CRs and Bugs for their application Confidential online portal as a system developer.
- Working in support enhancement track for automating their support system by coding UNIX based scripts.
- Worked on creating PLSQL scripts.
- Worked in the infrastructure team for Server support and made automated scripts in Linux for Build and Release and performed several admin activities like server configuration etc.
- Worked on multiple EARS to create federated portal environment.
Environment: J2EE, java, JSP, eclipse, portlet framework, spring, HTML, Junit, cactus, PMD, checkstyle, SQL, ANT, Linux (suse), tomcat server, Unix shell scripts.
Role: System Developer Project
- Worked in the backend team for testing the application, made automated testing scripts using (DBUnits).
- Created the HTML screens in Design and also created corresponding JSPs.
- Created controller and other classes using spring framework.
- Created tasks in Ant build scripts for created shared library in project location to be commonly used by two different jars.
Environment: J2EE, java, JSP, eclipse, struts, spring framework, HTML, Junit, DBunits PMD, checkstyle, SQL, ANT, Unix, SOAP,WSDL,XML,JBOSS 3.2.