- Around 6 years of IT Experience in various phases of software development like Analysis, design, development, testing.
- Extensive experience in migrating ETL processes from one tool to another.
- Extensive experience in developing mappings, processes using ETL tools Pervasive Data Integrator (Data Junction) V7/V8 and SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008.
- Strong Working Knowledge of all the tools in Informatica Power Center ETL tool like Repository Server Administration Control, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor.
- Expertise in designing and developing complex mappings using transformations like Expression, Filter, Lookup, Joiner, Aggregator, Sequence Generator, Router and Stored Procedure etc.
- Strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts like Dimensional Modeling, Star and Snowflake Schema, handling slowly Changing Dimensions (Type 1, Type 2, Type 3).
- Strong programming experience in creating Procedures, Packages, Functions, Triggers and other database objects using SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle.
- Strong programming experience in creating Procedures, Functions and other database objects using SQL and stored procedures in MS SQL Server.
- Strong experience in Data modeling and Database Design.
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning of database objects for both SQL Server and Oracle.
- Hands on experience in UNIX shell scripting and job scheduling tool Autosys.
- Experience in gathering Requirements from Users, writing Functional documents and Technical documents, creating Test Case Plans for unit test and system test.
- Worked on a number of data integrations projects.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP Applications.
- Attained good knowledge of reporting tools Business Objects, Cognos and from various training sessions attended.
- Expertise in using MS WORD, MS ACCESS, MS EXCEL.
- Knowledge of ETL tool called Talend which is built on Eclipse.
- Experience using various version control software like Poly Version Control Systems (PVCS), Visual Source Safe (VSS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exhibited a consistent performance and ability to work as a team member and as an individual.
- A proactive, team player approach with the ability to learn quickly and work in dynamic environments.
- Databases : Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server2000/2005, and MS Access
- Oracle Tools : Toad, SQL* Plus, PLSQL Developer
- Languages : C, C++, C Sharp(C#), Java, JSP, VB 6.0, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Web Technologies : HTML, MS Front Page
- Operating Systems : Windows NT/98/2K/XP, UNIX
- ETL Tools : Informatica Power Center 6.x/7.X/8.1.2, SSIS05/08,
Pervasive Data Integrator, Talend Open Studio 5.x
- Job Scheduling Tools : Autosys 4.5
- Other Tools : MS Access, MS Excel
Confidential Louisville, KY
Role: Programmer Analyst/ETL Analyst/Developer
Confidential is a healthcare Recoveries company which has its own application called Troveris which is used by the Recovery agents to view the claims and lien and make recoveries. Hundreds of files are received everyday from various clients which needed to be loaded into the application based on business rules. Each client had their own layout for the files and my role there was to meet with the Client Data Managers in understanding the files that the clients send and analyze them to be able to load the data correctly and then create ETL mappings using SSIS to load them into the proprietary application called TROVERIS. Was also one of the first two people who got the opportunity to explore the tool, implement SSIS process and finalize the standards and procedures when the company moved from PDI to SSIS. Was able to learn, use and set standards for a new ETL tool in a very short time. The other complicated part of their process was ‘History Request/Return’ which is a combination of ETL programs, Stored Procedures. Through this application, the end users can submit a request to fetch Claims based on certain criteria and the ‘History Request/Return’ process picks up the request and runs ETL programs, Stored procedures and returns the data that was requested back to the application based the criteria that they submitted. I got the opportunity to fine-tune/refine the process to make it more efficient.
- Was involved in Functional Requirements gathering and documenting the same.
- Was responsible for data modeling and designing the tables and the required for Troveris data warehouse.
- Worked closely with the Client Data Managers to understand the Clients’ requirements.
- Developed ETL processes using MS SSIS 2008 and Pervasive Data Integrator V7/V8.
- Extensive experience in extracting data from with heterogeneous sources like flat files, .csv files, EXCEL files, ACCESS Database, EDI files, xml files, SQL Server tables, Oracle tables using SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services ) and PDI (Pervasive Data Integrator).
- Was primarily responsible for building prototype SSIS processes when the Company was moving from PDI to SSIS.
- Was responsible for designing a clear cut ETL process to be used for loading all clients’ information into various Databases using SSIS.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Experience in Migrating SSIS 2005 projects to SSIS 2008 using the migration wizard.
- Designed SSIS packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Execute Package task, Expression, OLE DB Command and Derived Column, File System Task, Send Mail Task.
- Extensively used Data Flow tasks like Lookup, Aggregate, Script Component, Pivot/Unpivot, Derived Column, Row Sampling, Conditional Split, Multicast, Merge, OLE DB Command, Union All etc.
- Hands-on experience with programming language C Sharp (C#). Wrote complex logic in C#( C Sharp) as a part of the Scripting Transformation in SSIS Dataflow which requires programs to be written in C#( C Sharp).
- Extensive experience in configuring Oracle ADO connections from SSIS.
- Created SSIS packages and deployed them in production by creating configuration files to be able to pass values for Process variables from outside SSIS in production and schedule the programs from the company’s proprietary scheduling tool.
- Developed multiple PL/SQL programs, created tables, indexes, views, functions in SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and Oracle 10g for the execution of various Business Logics.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract the information from Oracle 10g /SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 .
- Worked extensively in trouble shooting production issues involving Oracle, SQL Server, Pervasive Data Integrator, SSIS.
- Experience in certain DBA aspects like creating new databases, assigning access permissions, monitoring SQL jobs using SQL Profiler etc.
- Tuned Oracle and SQL Server database objects and ETL mappings for better performance.
- Handled unit testing, wrote test scripts/ test cases for ETL mappings as well as for Oracle and SQL Server PL/SQL programs and documented the same.
- Worked extensively with Toad, PLSQL Developer and MS SQL Server Management Studio.
Environment: SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008 or MS BIDS SQL Server Integration Services 2008 SSIS, Pervasive Data Integrator V7/V8, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, TOAD 8.6, TSQL, PLSQL Developer 8.0.2, MS WORD, MS EXCEL, Windows XP, Microsoft C Sharp, Visual Sourcesafe.
Confidential Denver, CO
Role: Systems Consultant
As a systems consultant, had the opportunity to work on multiple HR projects at Janus. One of the main and biggest projects was for their employee and resource directory application called ‘PEOPLE FINDER’ which is an internal application to find information about people working at Janus and their contact information. Was responsible for analyzing the data available in various tables and extract the required information to construct this application and load data into backend tables and developing mappings for the same which run from time to time to populate the tables with new Employees’ information each week and also remove terminated employees’ information. I was also responsible for the maintenance and handling any kinds of production issues concerned with this application. Apart from this, was responsible for integrating data coming from various third parties like Callidus, SumTotals, SuccessFactors into existing tables using Informatica to make the data available for a number of internal applications. Was solely responsible for developing Autosys scripts (job scheduling tool) to schedule all kinds of jobs company-wide like, SAP jobs, Informatica jobs, file watcher jobs, FTP jobs, SQL jobs etc. Developed Oracle stored procedures as per the Business Logic
- Was involved in Functional Requirements gathering and documenting the same.
- Designed the database model and relational database after assessing the business requirements.
- Developed PL/SQL programs for execution of different Business Logics.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract the information from Oracle 10g database.
- Developed Informatica mappings/workflows for Extracting and loading of data from Flat Files, Relational Source Tables to Flat Files, and Relational Tables as per the requirement. Relational Sources/Targets include Oracle and SQL Server tables.
- Highly involved in trouble shooting production issues at Informatica as well as Database levels.
- Worked closely with SAP HR team to populate HR tables with data (flat files) received from third parties using Informatica ETL tool and was involved in a project which migrates data from the HR tables to a data warehouse built for reporting and analysis.
- Was responsible for writing Pl/SQL programs to integrate data from Callidus, SumTotals, SuccessFactors (3rd party applications) into existing Oracle Database System.
- Tuned Oracle database objects and Informatica mappings for better performance.
- Was responsible for scheduling Oracle, Informatica, SAP jobs using Autosys job scheduling tool.
- Handled unit testing, White box testing, black box testing, System testing, regression testing. Wrote test scripts/ test cases for Informatica as well as for Oracle PL/SQL programs and documented the same.
- Extensively worked on solving production issues.
- Identified defects reasonably quickly and submitted defects for the resolution of failure in quality.
- Worked extensively with Toad and PLSQL Developer.
- Wrote UNIX Shell scripts for file validations.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1/8.1.2, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 8.0, Flat files, SAP, UNIX, Autosys 4.5, TOAD 8.6, PLSQL Developer,, Poly Version Control System.
Position: ETL Developer
The Marketing Support Replatforming project will consolidate data, process deals in an automated fashion and reduce the overall time it takes to generate a payment after quarter end. Currently this is a legacy system on the mainframe with little flexibility for changing deals. In addition, there is a large amount of manual calculation and validation required to generate payments at quarter end which delays the payments to dealers. The new system will run off a "Mid-Tier" data warehouse and allow for more flexibility in deal parameters and input. The automation of the payment calculations will reduce processing time.
- Extracting and loading of data from flat files to oracle database (target warehouse) using mappings.
- Used mapplets for creating fund WID, price CDs, office WIDS.
- Used Erwin for data modeling.
- Written validation scripts for flat files before loading into Staging Tables.
- Written parameter file for handling parameters which are used in workflow level, session level, mapping level.
- Shared objects concept is used for reusable sources, targets, transformations and mapplets.
- Used debugger and breakpoints to view transformations output and debug mappings
- Used session partitions, dynamic cache memory, and index cache to improve the performance
- Implemented different tasks in workflows which included sessions, command task, decision task, timer, event-wait, event-raise, e-mail etc.
- Configuring sessions in a batch and scheduling them through Autosys job scheduler.
- Created stored procedures using PL/SQL and implementing them through Stored Procedure Transformation in Informatica7.1.
- Created and developed a series of mappings for handling different cases of input data in the same source table.
- Documentation of existing mappings as per standards.
Environment: ERWIN 4.1, Informatica Power Center 7.0 Repository Server admin console, Designer Tools: Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Designer, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager, Mainframes (legacy system), Flat files, Trillium TS, Windows NT, Autosys.
Confidential Hyderabad, India
Role: Oracle Developer
- Actively participated in Analysis, design, implementation, testing phases.
- Was responsible for developing functional, Technical and training documents.
- Designed database schema and developed SQL scripts to create the database.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and PL/SQL programs to handle situations like retrieving data from the Oracle database, display dynamic content in the web pages etc.
- Created Oracle reports to display student, faculty, semester, yearly reports.
- Responsible for writing test scripts/test cases to test the application.