- Over 6 years of IT experience in SDLC & STLC life cycle.
- Involved in analysis, design and Quality Assurance of Web, Client - server (J2EE & .NET) applications for Telecommunication, Healthcare, Media and Finance sectors.
- Extensively used on Informatica Designer components - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapping Designer and Mapplet Designer.
- Expert in Waterfall Lifecycle, AGILE, Scrum project SDLC methodologies
- Excellent experience in RDBMS technologies like Oracle, DB2, Teradata V2R6/V2R5/V2R4/V2R3, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0/6.5, Dbase, Excel and MYSQL. SQL Developer, TOAD, Quest Central for DB2.
- Expertise using Business intelligence reporting tools: Cognos Series 8.x/7.0/6.0, Power play, Transformer, Business Objects XI R3/R 2/6.5/6.0/5.0, BO Developer Suite 6.0/5.0 (Designer, Web Intelligence, Broadcast agent, Supervisor, Module), Microstrategy.
- 5+ Years of experience in relational modeling and dimensional modeling (star schema and snowflake schema with FACT & Dimensions tables using Kimball and Inmon methodologies)
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL to create complex queries, SQL override, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Appworx, Autosys.
- Sound working knowledge on UNIX in writing UNIX shell scripts, File management, Running Large Volume Data loads & batch jobs and Installation of builds on Test machines
- Expert in setting up Test environments which includes Configuration, data, builds and batch job installation & execution
- Expert in Designing & Developing of Test Plans, Test Scenarios & Test Cases and Execution of Test cases
- Expert in System Testing, Regression Testing, Reliability Testing, GUI Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, End to End Testing, Compatibility Testing, Backend Testing and Security Testing
- Expertise in presenting and conducting UAT’s with Business team
- Four (4) years of experience in utilizing testing tools like Quick Test Pro and Quality Center/Test Director.
- Expert in Configuration management using PVCS(Dimensions), WinCVS and VSS
- Participation of PMO meetings & CCB item calls with Business & IT team
- Strong trouble shooting, learning and problem solving skills with ability to work independently and as a team member.
Operating System: Windows NT/98/2000, Windows XP, UNIX (Sun, AIX, HP), and MS DOS
Servers: BEA Web Logic Server 8.1, Java Web Server
Languages: HTML, XML, Visual Basic, SQL and PL/SQL
Database: Oracle9i, Oracle10g, SQL Server 2000, IBM DB2, Sybase, Teradata and MS-Access
Internet: JDK1.3, Servlets1.4, Java Beans, Applets, JFC/Swing, HTML, Java Script1.2, CSS
Other Software: Web connector, PEGA, FACETS and TCP/IP
Internet Tech: HTML, XML, Java Script, VBScript, ASP, MQ-Series, FTP, TCP/IP, J2EE
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro and Quality Center/ALM.
Utilities: Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, Putty, VPN, Net meeting and CuteFtp.
Configuration Management: VSS, Win CVS.
Packages: MS-Office, MS - Visio and MS-Project.
ETL: Datastage 8, Informatica 8.1.1
Health Care: EPIC Suite, HL-7, FACETS 4.5.
Reporting Tools: Business Objects Xi R2, Cognos 8, Microstrategy for Recon Reports.
Scheduling: Autosys, Cron.
Confidential, East Providence, RI
DWH/SQL QA Tester
- Reviewing the business requirements and working with business and requirements team for gaps found during the review
- Writing the test scenarios based on business requirements and Business use cases
- Developed a detailed Test Plan & Test strategy based on Business requirements specifications
- Involved in using complex SQL/Joins to query the FACETS Database.
- Responsible for Backend testing with TOAD by comparing the Changes in the frontend FACETS 4.5.
- Unit Tested and Validated ETL Workflows for Parameter.
- Designed and created various Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts based on the application requirements.
- Analyze business requirements (e.g., business logic, Process specs, process flows). Developed test plans and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Used various SQL queries to validate the test case results for back-end test cases. Written SQL Queries to define, Identify and validate the code written for the data movement into the database tables.
- Tested various jobs and performed data loads and transformations using different stages of DataStage and pre-built routines, functions and macros.
- Tested DataStage jobs to allow portability and flexibility during runtime.
- Tested Datastage Hashed files for extracting and write data to an intermediate file in a job.
- Analysis, Project planning, Status reporting, document review and defect entry verification.
- Written & execution of Test Cases for each functionality based on interfaces that interacting with workflow application.
Environment: Informatica 8, Windows XP, Oracle10G, Sybase, TOAD for oracle, UNIX, Reflections, Mercury Quality Center, PVCS (Dimensions), MS Project, FACETS 4.3, FACETS 4.5.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
QA ETL Test Engineer
- Reviewed business requirements for AUT Data Warehouse ETL process and working with business and requirements team for gaps found during requirements walk through.
- Reviewed Solution Specification document with the whole team.
- Created test cases and linked test cases to the functional requirements in Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Reviewed and did the walkthroughs for test cases with the team.
- Used TOAD for Oracle for data validation using SQL queries and back-end testing.
- Used Beyond Compare tool to validate source to target files.
- Compared the data between two databases to check counts using Microsoft Access Script.
- Performed and ran ETL jobs from back-end Unix box.
- Validated business transformation logic in Databases.
- Loaded data in temporary tables for validations in SIT.
- Performed DDL, DML operations in test databases.
- Validated source to target mappings.
- Used Putty for Unix commands to view files, copy files, move files, edit files using VI Editor.
- Involved in creating change request ticket using BMC REMEDY.
- Used HP Quality Center 10.0 to state requirements, writing test cases, test runs for every iterations, logging defects.
- Executed end-to-end script for AUT DW Regression Suite from back-end XML value compared to value in database.
- Tested front-end applications with complete workflows.
- Conducted knowledge transfer sessions with new team members.
- Worked with offshore team in Michigan and Dallas.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
QA ETL Test Engineer
- Reviewed the business requirements for Data Warehouse ETL process and working with business and requirements team for gaps found during the review.
- Designed & Created Test Cases based on the Business requirements
- Involved in DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Involved with Design and Development team to implement the requirements.
- Developed and Performed execution of Test Scripts manually to verify the expected results.
- Validated the design meets requirements and function according to technical and functional specifications.
- Performed monitoring of the ETL jobs (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) with the help of Datastage.
- Used HP Quality Center 9.2 to state requirements, business components, test cases, test runs for every iterations, defects.
- Involved in recording change requests on the Change Request Form (Remedy)
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix for various projects
- Used TOAD & SQL Navigator GUI tools for Querying Database.
- Developed a detailed Test Plan, Test strategy, Test Data Management Plan, Test Summary Report based on Business requirements specifications.
- Wrote extensive SQL and PL/SQL scripts to test the ETL flow, Data Reconciliation, Initialization, and Change Data Capture, Delta Processing.
- Prepared Execution procedure document format to prepare the Test cases based on mapping document.
- Executed DataStage jobs to test the ETL processes.
- Developed Strategies for Data Analysis and Data Validation.
- Used the DataStage Designer to develop various jobs processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database
- Used the DataStage Director to schedule jobs, testing and debugging its components and monitoring of results
- Worked with DataStage Manager for importing metadata from repository, new job Categories and creating new data elements.
- Validated data flow from Source through to FACT tables and Dimension tables using complex queries(left outer Joins, sub queries etc)
- Validated FK failures and data integrity checks for all the tables.
- Extensively used UNIX shell scripts and compared the files in SAS to make sure the extracted data is correct.
- Coordinated with different groups in TTS like POS, Finance and GMS
Environment: Datastage 8 (Designer, Director, Manager), Oracle10G,TOAD for oracle, SQL Developer, IBM DB2 8.1,Sybase,DART (Desktop Asset Request & Tracking), Rational ClearCase v7,Telelogic DOORS 8.3, UNIX, Mercury Quality Center, AutoSys Jobs, Micro strategy.