- Over 7 years of IT experience in RDBMS & Data warehousing, experience in design, development, testing, implementation and support of enterprise data warehouse.
- Experienced in Requirement Analysis, Test Design, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Defect Management, and Management Reporting.
- Experienced in developing Data Mapping, Performance Tuning and Identifying Bottlenecks of sources, mappings, targets and sessions.
- Strong understanding of Data Modeling in data warehouse environment such as star schema and snow flake schema.
- Hands on experience in developing PL/SQL, Stored Procedure and UNIX Scripting.
- Experienced in BI Reporting tools such as Business Objects, COGNOS and Oracle Discoverer.
- Experienced in development of ETL mapping and scripts.
- Experienced with Batch systems scheduling and processing.
- Strong understanding of data quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Experienced in software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced working with offshore vendors and establishing offshore teams and processes.
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, can work well under pressure and able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Excellent team player with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Facilitated JAD sessions and Interviews.
Data Warehousing Analyst, Confidential, Minneapolis, MN, Jan, 08 - Present I was responsible for constructing RIS FDW a Data warehousing Project that provide RIS (Retirement and Investor Services) with the information it needs to satisfy all the financial reporting necessary to support day to day operations and the financial analytics that enables market segment and product management to maximize the performance of their respective domains. Responsibilities:
- Worked closely with Project Team, SME and Internal Business Patners (IPs) to clarify business requirements and translate the requirements into technical specifications.
- Involved from beginning of the project such as of Statement of Work (SOW) to post implementation of SDLC process.
- Assisted Project Manager in scope estimation and work breakdown structure (WBS) to meet Project Milestone.
- Analyzed Autosys job flows and created JIL's for data validation process such as pre and post load SQL checks.
- Performed Source system analysis (SSA) to identify the source data that needs to be moved into the target tables.
- Defined frameworks for Operational data system (ODS), Brokerage data warehouse (BDW), Central file distribution (CFD) and Data Quality (DQ) and created functional data requirement (FDR) and Master Test Strategy documents.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and gap analyses to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Performed impact analysis for DB2 tables that needs to be compressed and archived to implement the lower cost storage mechanism.
- Defined target load order plan and constraint based loading for loading data correctly into different target tables.
- Designed and created Data Quality baseline flow diagram, which includes error handing and test plan flow data.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts for all testing events such as System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Unit Integration Testing.
- Created SQL-Loader scripts to load legacy data into Oracle staging tables and wrote SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Data Integrity testing.
- Coordinated with offshore vendor and established offshore teams and processes for code development.
- Coordinated with execution team to define the batch flow for data validation process.
- Involved in all execution phases such as Pre-Mock, Mock1, Mock2, and Mock3 before implementing the conversion data into live event.
- Involved in the Red 4front data quality issue for further analysis and resolving root cause issue for data failure.
Environment : MS Project, Microsoft Visio ,C#, Rational Suite (RequistePro, ClearQuest, Clearcase ), Requisite Pro, Clearcase, Rational Rose , Business Objects ClearQuest, DOORS, Informatica, Passport, Teradata, Visual Studio 2008, Biz talk Server 2009,Visual C#,MS SharePoint Services
Data Analyst, Confidential, Moosic, PA, Feb, 07-Jan, 08 In the beginning, I was assigned for the project where the company was developing New Web based online application to replace the existing application. The company was also trying to get rid of Mainframe legacy system and implementing Microsoft Web-Based Database. I worked as a Business Analyst in both projects. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathering business requirements, and document them textually or using models. Interacted with cross functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Worked closely with a project team for gathering business requirements and interacted with business users to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Analyzed the functional specs provided by the data architect and created technical specs documents for all the mappings.
- Created data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Created Test cases and Test scripts for System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Unit Integration Testing.
- Designed Informatica mappings such as pass through, split, Type 1, Type 2 and used various transformation such as Lookups, Aggregator, Ranking, Mapplets, Connected and Unconnected lookup, SQL overrides etc.
- Implemented CDC (change data capture) for inserting and updating slowly changing dimension tables in target for maintaining the history data.
- Validated ETL mappings and tuned them for better performance and implemented various Performance and Tuning techniques.
- Validated Job flows and dependences used by TIDAL scheduler to run informatica workflows and other shell scripts and store procedures.
- Extracted large volumes of data feed from different data sources, performed transformations and loaded the data into various Targets.
- Performed Unit Testing at various stages by checking the data manually.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by writing SQL queries.
- Participated in the Incident Management and Problem Management processes for root cause analysis, resolution and reporting.
Environment : Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Suite (RequistePro, ClearQuest, Clearcase), MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, Oracle 9i, Mercury Test Director, MS SQL Server 2005,Rational Rose, MS Access, MS SharePoint , Business Objects
Data Warehousing Analyst, Confidential, Boston, MA, Sept, 05-Feb, 07 The project was web based application upgrade to the existing web products used by Bank of WaMu customers to integrate various features that would give the customers consolidated view for e-portfolio management online collaboration system. Also I worked on the implementation of the e-portfolio/Finance reporting system which was migrated from the legacy system. I performed both Business Analysis and Data Analysis for the e-portfolio consolidation project on the web interface and the reporting interfaces. Responsibilities:
- Involved in analysis of end user requirements and business rules based on given documentation and worked closely with tech leads and Business analysts in understanding the current system
- Assisted Business Analyst in documenting business requirements, technical specifications and implementation of various ETL standards in the mappings
- Analyzed the business requirements and involved in writing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Involved in the design of Data-warehouse using Star-Schema methodology and converted data from various sources to oracle tables.
- Developed views, functions, procedures, and packages using PL/SQL & SQL to transform data between source staging area to target staging area.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Data Integrity testing.
- Created SQL*Loader scripts to load legacy data into Oracle staging tables.
- Created staging tables necessary to store validated customer data prior to loading data into customer interface tables.
- Coordinated with the Business Objects developers in building universes and developed various reports like Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area, and Pie Charts for analysis
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to run the batch jobs.
- Documented the process procedures and flow for the process
Environment : Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Suite (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, Clearcase),MS Visio, MS Project, Oracle 9i, Mercury Test Director MS SQL Server 2005, Rational Rose, iRise, TOAD, Cognos 8 BI Studio
Data Warehousing Analyst, Confidential, Los Angeles, CA, Jan 04 - Sept, 05 The project involves building a Data Warehouse system to improve overall quality and productivity of existing processes and deploying reliable and accurate information. Worked as a data analyst for a team responsible for data mining related to Fee-Based Servicing, maintaining coding convention and administering the Salesforce.com (SFDC) application. I was involved in multiple projects including 'ODS' (operational data store for accounting and financial reporting systems) and MR (miscellaneous reporting related to previous acquired portfolios). Responsibilities:
- Provided 24x7 support for production operations (incident break/fix, change, service request, project, and databases)
- Handled tickets using Incident management through peregrine service center.
- Ensured all production changes complied with change management policies and procedures.
- Developed a Troubleshooting Documents which listed all the support related activities and day-to-day issues encountered every day.
- Coordinated with all the concerned parties (Database team/Project Teams/Application Team) in trouble shooting issues and worked with P1 team for major business critical production issues.
- Monitored and scheduled highly sensitive data e.g. Electronic Wire Funding, HELOC Direct check, FDR Direct check, Lockbox to ensure all steps are executed successfully.
- Responsible for scheduling, running and monitoring autosys batches.
- Designed and developed several mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to Data Mart.
- Involved in Fine-tuning of Informatica mapping, Stored Procedures and SQL to obtain optimal performance and throughput.
- Created and maintained several custom reports using Business Objects
- Ensured that all production changes were fully documented, supportable and captured in the Enterprise configuration management system ( ECMS )
- Maintained/updated system data flow chart, Visio documents, and system documentations
- Provided on-call and pager support during off hours and weekends.
Environment : Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Suite (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase), MS Visio, MS Project, , Windows XP, Oracle 9i, Mercury Test Director MS SQL Server 2005, Rational Rose, MS Access, iRise, Business Objects, Cognos BI Studio
Data Warehousing Analyst, Confidential, LA, CA, Jan, 02-Dec 03 The project involved developing automobile claims management process to eliminate inefficiencies through the enhanced web based automated solution. Responsibilities:
- Followed Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology for creating artifacts.
- Conducted Interviews, brainstorming and Question and Answer sessions to identify requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by writing complex SQL queries using TOAD against the ORACLE database.
- Facilitated (JAD) Joint Application Development sessions to resolve issues relating to difference between business requirements and technical design.
- Created Business Requirements and converted them into detailed Use Cases, Report Specifications and Non Functional Requirements.
- Analyzed Requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams using Visio.
- Created and maintained Data Dictionary and pursued to reach consensus.
- Used Rational RequisitePro for Managing and Configuring the Requirement Analysis effort.
- Provided primary liaison between business/operations/vendors and development
- Created data models and data flow diagrams for the to-be process.
- Researched upstream data sources and ensured all source data sources were attested by its owners.
- Created report specifications containing mapping to source data sources.
- Developed business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Created and executed SQL queries (using Rapid SQL and MS Access) and scripts to validate data movement and generate expected results for UAT.
- Conducted UAT to verify whether all the Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Used Rational Test Manager for Test Case Management and Rational ClearQuest for defect tracking and resolution.
- Worked with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application, for an intended novice user.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Suite (RequisitePro, Clearcase, ClearQuest, Clearcase), MS Visio, MS Project, Windows XP, Oracle 9i,MS SQL Server 2005, Rational Rose, Business Objects