- Hands on experience in the design, formulation and documentation of ETL processes including Data Extraction, Data Integration, Data Migration, Data Mining, Source to Target Mappings, and Structural Data Transformations for Decision Support Systems based on business requirements and system specifications using BI Toolkit.
- Hands on experience in Tableau visualization
- Adept in creating and developing operational Tableau dashboards for monitoring Tableau server performance and user activities.
- Proven ability to document and convert business requirements and specifications into Tableau presentations and data layer applications related to inventory management, quantity and productivity visualizations.
- Highly proficient in gathering and eliciting requirements to analyze and understand user task flows, objectives and business domain data requirements including data elements, entities and relationships, visual data delivery analysis in addition to visualization and report specifications.
- Great experience working with various data sources: MySQL, Microsoft SQL server, Access, CSV files and text files.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills especially in conveying complex technical topics to non-technical personnel, and ability to work in dependently or in a team with limited supervision on tight schedules learning on the fly.
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel Pivot Table etc.
Data Analytics Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SAS, Tableau Desktop, Pivot Tables.
Database/Query language: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MYSQL, SQL, TSQL, PL-SQL
SDLC Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, RUP.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCEConfidential, Columbus, OH
Tableau /ETL Developer
- Participated actively in various technical reviews, defect reviews and walkthrough meetings with important business stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Created multiple rich dashboards visually telling stories of business status, strengths and weaknesses, potentials and forecasts for the client using Tableau Desktop.
- Integrated data from many sources into SQL Server and into Tableau for specified visual analytics and reports.
- Set up a standalone and distributed Tableau Server to publish and distribute dashboards across various departments easily.
- Performed data transformations including integration, blending and mapping from the various data sources into a Data Warehouse using ETL Tools.
- Interacted effectively with users and clients in troubleshooting problems involving reports, dashboards and issues related to user privileges.
- Connected Tableau Server with SharePoint and set up auto refresh.
- Developed custom reports, formatted report layout as per end users request and deployed them on the server using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
- Worked on various Tableau projects and User Defined Functions to implement underlying business logic.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, Data Modeler and all team within the organization to understand business processes, gather requirements, understand complexities and end goals to come up with best plans of execution.
- Participated in various meetings, reviews and user group discussion as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
- Developed dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them in Tableau Server.
- Provided technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex and specialized reports requiring complex business logic and detailed - level analysis.
- Developed and reviewed custom SQL queries using joins in Tableau Desktop to validate and reconcile data.
- Created various types of charts - heat maps, Geocoding, Symbol maps, Pie charts, Bar charts, Tree maps, Bullet graphs etc in Tableau Desktop to provide better data visualization.
- Created various parameters to achieve desired functionalities in complex filters, quick filters calculated measures and visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data matches with business requirements and changes with underlying data.