- Four years of experience on Data Warehousing analysis, design and development of software applications using INFORMATICA Power Center 9.X and Pentaho BI (Kettle, Schema Workbench).
- Good knowledge on data warehouse concepts like dimensional modeling, Star Schema and Snowflake.
- Experience in development of mapping using needed Transformations using INFORMATICA tool.
- Experience in the Data Warehousing using Data Extracting, Data Transformation and Data Loading.
- Use ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load the data into stage area and data warehouse.
- Preparing the documentation for the mappings that meet the business requirements.
- Optimizing INFORMATICA Mappings and Sessions to improve the performance.
- Extensively use of INFORMATICA client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, INFORMATICA Repository Manager and INFORMATICA Workflow Manager.
- Possessing complete domain and development Life Cycle knowledge of Data Warehouse.
- UNIX shell scripting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong technical background and good interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
ETL Tools: INFORMATICA Power Center 9.x, Pentaho Data Integration(PDI)
Database: Oracle 10g/ 11g, MySQL
Operating System: Linux Red Hat, UNIX, Windows, OS X
Applications Tools: Toad, SQL Developer, Putty, Notepad++
- Developing ETL mappings, transformations using INFORMATICA Power Center.
- Developing mappings using various transformations like Update Strategy, Lookup, Store Procedure, Router, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Aggregate transformation and Expression.
- Involved into source code review and mappings created by other team members.
- Preparing deployment document and assist to deployment team while migration.
- Involved in creating test scripts.
- Involved in performance tuning by optimizing the sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Developing reusable transformations and mapplets that were used in other mappings.
- Involved in scheduling the workflows to follow the order of loading the data to target tables.
Confidential, Claremont, CaliforniaResponsibilities:
- Involved in implementing the end to end ETL life cycle.
- Understanding the requirements from business user.
- Designing dimensional model(Star/Snowflake).
- Preparing DDL scripts for creating tables in data warehouse and Staging database.
- Designing, developing and maintain ETL workflow to import data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, flat files, and OLTP database) into data warehouse and data mart using Pentaho BI Tools.
- Unit testing all ETL components.
- Building Cubes for BI analysis using Pentaho Schema Workbench.
- Wrote SQL and MDX queries to meet the requirements for reporting.
- Monitoring and optimizing SQL and MDX queries for maximum efficiency.
Data Assistant / Database Administrator
- Installing and configuring Oracle database on test environment.
- Installed Service Packs for Oracle database.
- Creating and maintaining databases on production and development environments in Oracle.
- Database performance tuning.
- Involved in database backup and recovery.
- Administered database user accounts; Created, modified, deactivated user accounts; assigned user roles.
Instructor of Information Technology Education
- Providing professional support to the IT teachers of Shahekou Unified School District.
- Assisting with hardware and software maintenance in labs and office computers.
- Assisting with manage issues with applications running on Windows.