- Over 7 years of IT experience in Informatica PowerCenter in all phases of Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and support of datawarehousing applications.
- Experience in the field of Data warehouse using ETL tools such as Informatica Power Center 9.6/8x/7x, PowerMart 9x/8x databases a s DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server and Teradata .
- Extensive experience in the implementation of Extraction, Transformation & Loading (ETL) using Informatica Power Center, Teradata, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2008, SSRS and SSAS.
- Extensively used various transformations such as Filter , Expression , Update Strategy , Look - up , Sequence , Joiner , Router, Aggregate, and Stored procedure transformation.
- Extensively worked in Repository configuration using transformation, creating Mapping, Mapplets, Workflow, Sessions, Worklets, and processing tasks using Designer/ Workflow Manager to move the data from multiple Source system to Targets.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and Dimensional modeling (Star schema and Snowflake schema) and Relational Data Modeling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Experience in documenting High Level and Low level Design , Source to Target Mapping ( STM ), Macro and Micro Documents , Unit test plan, Unit test cases and Code Migration Report.
- Worked with Business analysts and the DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, designing and documentation of the data warehouse.
- Extensively used SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Knowledge in Oracle, BTEQ, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access, MS Excel on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Experience in populating the data warehouse tables using SQL*Loader, MULTILOAD, FASTLOAD, Oracle Packages, Stored procedures, Stored functions.
- Knowledge in Data Analyzer tools like Informatica Power Exchange to capture the changed data.
- Worked in Agile Methodology for SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and utilize Agile scrum meetings for creative work.
Data Warehouse Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6/9.5/8.x/7.x, Data Stage, Informatica Power Analyzer/Powermart 9x
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista 08/07, Unix, Linux, IBM Mainframes, Putty, Winscp
Databases: Oacle 11g/10g/9i, MySql, Sql Server 08/05, Teradata, MS Access
Reporting Tools: Cognos, SAP BO, SSRS, SSAS
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake, Modeling, Erwin.
Data Base Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Toad, MS office, Microsoft Visio
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Unix Shell Scripting, Cobol
Dimensional Data Modeling: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star & Snow Flake modeling, Erwin
Confidential, Calabasas, CA
- Involved and understanding the Business requirements/ discuss with Business Analyst, analyzing the requirements and preparing business rules.
- Design and Developed complex mappings by using Lookup transformation, Expression, Sequence generator, Update, Aggregator, Router, Stored Procedure to implement complex logics while create mappings .
- Developed mappings using Informatica to load the data from sources such as Relational tables, Flat files, Oracle tables into the target Datawarehouse.
- Developed mappings/Transformation/mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and mapplets designer using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Experienced in methodologies like SDLC and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Contributed and actively providing comments for user stories review meeting within an AGILE SCRUM environment.
- Extensively worked with transformations like Lookup, Expression, Router, Joiner, Update Strategy, Filter, and Aggregate.
- Extensively worked on SQL override in Source Qualifier Transformation for better performance.
- Hands on experience using query tools like TOAD, SQL Developer, PLSQL developer, Teradata SQL.
- Excellent knowledge on ETL tools such as Informatica, SAP BODS to load data to Teradata by making various connections to load and extract data to and from Teradata efficiently.
- Designed and developed stored procedures using PL/SQL and tuned SQL queries for better performance.
- Implemented slowly changing dimension (SCD Type 1 & 2) in various mappings. schema
- Created sessions, database connections and batches using Informatica Server Manager/Workflow Manager.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center Workflow manager to create sessions, workflows and batches to run with the logic implanted in the mappings.
- Coordinated all ETL (Extract, Transformation and loading) activities and enhancements using Agile Methodology.
- Extensively used Informatica debugger to find out the problems in mapping. Also involved in troubleshooting and rectify the bugs.
- Involvement in all phases of software development life cycle in this project which includes but not limited to Requirement gathering, analysis, technical design, development, testing, and user acceptance testing.
Environment: InformaticaPowerCenter 9.6, Oracle 11g, UNIX, XML, PLSQL, Erwin 4.0, Putty, Winscp, Windows XP/Vista, Quality Center.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Analyzed source and target systems for loading data into CDW and to create external data feeds.
- Involved all the phases of SDLC design and development.
- Involved in gap analysis and STM documentation to map flat file fields with relational table data in CDW.
- Developed mappings, mapplets, re-usable transformations to load external data into CDW.
- Extracted data from CDW to create delimited and fixed width flat file data feeds that go out to external sources.
- Analyzed Design documents and developed ETL requirement specs.
- Created re-usable objects and shortcuts for various commonly used flat file and relational sources.
- Developed a shell script in order to append Date and Time stamp for output xml files, to remove empty delta files and to FTP the output xml files to different servers.
- Validate Logical Data Models relationships and entities, Determine data linage by including all associated systems in data profile.
- Excellent Data Profiling experience used Data Polling validating data patterns and formats.
- Integrated data into CDW by sourcing it from different sources like Oracle, Flat Files and Mainframes (DB2 and VSAM) using Power Exchange.
- Technical Analysis writing & reviewing technical designs.
- Created UNIX scripts to deal with flat file data like merging delta files with whole files and to concatenate header, detailed and trailer parts of the files.
- Developed Mappings which loads the data in to Teradata tables with SAP definitions as Sources.
- Created mappings to read parameterized data from tables to create parameter files.
- Used XML Source Qualifier and used only with an XML source definition to represents the data elements that the Informatica Server reads when it executes a session with XMLDeveloped.
- Used XML Parser transformation lets you extract XML data from messaging systems.
- Used ODI to perform data integration to ELT processing. Data is extracted from multiple sources, sent through several transformation processes and loaded into a final destination target.
- Used SAS for data entry, Retrieval, Confidential report writing and Statistical analysis.
- Developed Complex transformations, Mapplets using Informatica to Extract, Transform and load (ETL) data into Data marts, Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW) and Operational data store (ODS).
- Used Message broker as translate messages between the interfaces.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5, Power Exchange, Windows, Oracle, Toad for Oracle, BODS, UNIX Shell Scripting, workflow scheduler, Perl, Putty, WinScp.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Interact with business analysts, Analyzed, inspected and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Participated in system analysis and data modeling, which included creating tables, views, triggers, functions, indexes, functions, procedures, cursors.
- Involved Creating Fact and Dimension tables using Star schema.
- Extensively involved working on the transformations like Source Qualifier, Filter, Joiner, Aggregator, Expression and Lookup.
- Created session logs, workflow logs and debugger to debug the session and analyze the problem associated with the mappings and generic scripts.
- Design and developed complex informatica mappings including SCD Type 2 (Slow Changing Dimension Type 2).
- Extensively worked in Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Worklet Designer to create, edit and run workflows.
- Involved in the design, development and testing of the PL/SQL stored procedures, packages for the ETL processes.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes and maintained shell scripts for data conversion.
- Extensively used Various Data Cleansing and Data Conversion Functions in various transformations.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6, SQL server 08, Oracle 11g/10g, PL/SQL, Cognos, SAP BO, SSRS, Windows NT, Flat files (fixed width/delimited), MS-Excel, UNIX shell scripting, Putty, WinScp.
Confidential, Cypress, CA
- Maintaining the data coming from the OLTP systems.
- Developed and maintained complex Informatica mappings.
- Involved in analyzing and development of the Data Warehouse.
- Created complex mappings in Informatica Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Rank, Sorter, Lookup, Joiner transformations etc.,
- Perform data validation tests using complex SQL statements.
- Worked with data warehouse staff to in corporate best practices from Informatica.
- Worked with Business Analysts, using work sessions, to translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data, process and specifications.
- Implemented Type II slowly changing dimensions using date-time stamping.
- Created database structures, objects and their modification as and when needed.
- Investigating and fixing the bugs occurred in the production environment and providing the on-call support.
- Performed Unit testing and maintained test logs and test cases for all the mappings.
- Testing for Data Integrity and Consistency.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Informatica PowerCenter, Power Exchange, Windows, IBM DB2 8.x, Mainframes, SQL Server 2007, Enterprise Architect, Meta data Manager, ER studio, Oracle, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Windows 2007.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
ETL/ Informatica DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Extensively used Informatica to load data from Oracle9 and flat files into the target Oracle 10g database.
- Used various transformations like Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Filter, Update Strategy and Stored Procedures.
- Used Mapplets and Reusable Transformations to prevent redundancy of transformation usage and maintainability.
- Created and scheduled workflows using Workflow Manager to load the data into the Target Database.
- Involved in performance tuning of Targets, Sources, and Mappings. Improved performance by identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Worked on different tasks in Workflows like sessions, events raise, event wait, e-mail and timer for scheduling of the workflow.
- Involved in meetings to gather information and requirements from the clients.
- Involved in Designing the ETL process to extract, translate and load data from flat files to warehouse data base.
- Used Debugger to validate mappings and also to obtain troubleshooting information about data by inserting Breakpoints.
- Extensively used Variables, Break points, and Sorted inputs.
- Documented the number of source / target rows and analyzed the rejected rows and worked on re-loading the rejected rows.
- Created UNIX shell scripting and automation of scheduling processes.
- Wrote SQL Queries, PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, and Triggers for implementing business logic and for validating the data loaded into the target tables using query tool TOAD.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1, ETL, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle 10g, UNIX, Microsoft SQL Server, TOAD.