- Experienced ETL Developer with over 6+ years of strong background in ETL Data warehousing and using Informatica PowerCenter. Extensive experience on Informatica Power Center (9.x, 8x) with strong business understanding and knowledge of ETL of data from heterogeneous source systems like Flat files, Excel, XML, Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Experienced with phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements, ETL design and implementation, and support for new and existing applications.
- Experience in implementing complex business rules by creating ETL transformations through Mapplets, Mappings and Workflows.
- Extensively worked with Informatica Tools - Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer and Informatica Repository Manager.
- Extensive experience in implementation of Data Marts, Star and Snowflake Schema, Dimensional Modeling on OLTP and OLAP concepts
- Experience in working with Slowly Changing Dimensions Types tables, OLAP, Data Reports and Surrogate keys, Normalization/De normalization.
- Good knowledge in data warehousing techniques for Data Cleansing.
- Experience working with Bulk and Change Data Capture (CDC) type load mechanism.
- Created design solution for Incremental loading, Exception Handling and Process/Error Logging mechanisms.
- Expertise in QA Methodologies, Quality Assurance Life Cycle, Test Strategy, Test metrics.
- Extensive experience in testing system based on various Integration, System, User Acceptance Testing, and Regression testing.
- Extensive experience in using workflow with Session, Control Task, Command tasks, Decision tasks, Event wait, Email tasks, Pre-sessions, Post-session and Pre/Post commands
- Knowledge of tools such as JIRA for daily task management and TFS, Stash, SourceTree for version of the code.
- Extensively worked on Batch scheduling tools such as Autosys, Control-M to run and monitor ETL jobs.
Confidential, Plano, TX
ETL Informatica Developer
- Involved in all phases of the project life cycle including requirement gathering, analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation.
- Developed mappings to extract data from SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Flat files, XML files, and load into Data warehouse using the Mapping Designer.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations, and fixing as required.
- Designed and developed ETL processes to extract data from the source systems and load into the Data Mart.
- Design and develop store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions.
- Filters, Aggregator, Sequence Generators, and Update Strategy according to the business rules.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Exchange tools to capture the data change (CDC) for DB2
- Tuned Informatica mappings and SQL's for optimal load performance.
- Involved in the production support to monitor smooth processing of data and to take appropriate actions in case of errors and problems.
- Responsible for Error Handling in Workflows and sessions using Informatica workflow manager and monitor the workflow run and statistic properties on Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Conducted root cause analysis for reported issues and build project repository, prepare future standards depending on root cause analysis.
- Performance tuning of the Pepsico application to bring down run times.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6.1, Oracle SQL 11g, PL/SQL, Microsoft Visio, MS SharePoint, MSOffice, HP Quality CenterConfidential, Trenton, NJ
- Preparation of technical specification document for the development of Informatica mappings for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) to load data into various tables in Data Marts and defining ETL standards.
- Created mapping and mapplets using various transformations like Joiner, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Stored Procedures, Router, Sorter, Rank, Normalizer and Update Strategy etc.
- Developed UNIX, LINUX Shell Scripts and SQLs to get data from Oracle tables before executing Informatica workflows.
- Documented user requirements, translated requirements into system solutions and developed implementation plan and scheduling details.
- Designed and build reusable objects (Informatica Mapplets, Sessions, Email Task, Worklets and more) as Standards for multiple projects.
- Managed security of the application by granting and revoking various privileges/roles to users and applications.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system.
- Worked with Memory cache for static and dynamic cache for the better throughput of sessions containing Rank, Lookup, Joiner, Sorter and Aggregator transformations.
- Created workflows to extract data from Excel Files, MS Access files using Pivot Transformation, Lookup, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one-time scripts to correct them.
Environment: Informatica 9.6, Oracle, TOAD, SQL SERVER 2008, Control-M, Quality Center.Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in gathering the business requirements and molding them in to the technical specifications required for the conversions team.
- Designed and developed complex Informatica mappings using expressions, aggregators, filters, lookup and stored procedures to ensure movement of the data between various applications.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for running oracle database commands through Informatica workflows and sessions (pmcmd commands), File manipulations and NDM utility program.
- Designed and created logical Data warehouse models to support strategic decisions using Erwin.
- Used debugger (Verbose) functionality to analyze the data flow between source and target to fix the data issues.
- Implemented audit and reconcile process to ensure Data warehouse is matching with the source systems in all reporting perspectives.
- Made adjustments in Data Model and SQL scripts to create and alter tables.
- Implemented Email task for session and workflow failure. It was used to notify the support team in case of any failure.
- Prepared the Standard Operating Procedure (Knowledge Transfer) document, which provides necessary information, required for the Maintenance and Operation of the application
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Oracle 11g, Oracle SQL Developer, Teradata 14.10, Teradata SQL Assistant, PL/SQL, Flat Files, XML files, UNIX Shell Scripting, Autosys, Erwin, HP Quality Center and SharePointConfidential, Minneapolis, MN
Informatica ETL Developer
- Involved in Analyzing the System requirements, implementation of star schema & involved in designing and development of data warehouse environment.
- Gathered requirements with Business Users and converted them into project documentation.
- Developing the code based on the Specs provided by Data Architects.
- Conducting walk through on TSD with client tech leads, team leads and Data Archs and DBAs.
- Prepared ER Diagram to get DB Governance Approvals from DBAs to create new set of DB Structures and relations.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for Incremental updates.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Source level, Target level, Mapping Level and Session Level.
- Used Informatica workflow monitor to monitor workflow in case of process failures.
- Involved in performance tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks at BODS and database level.
- Created workflows for extracting, transforming and loading the data from SQL Server 2000 and flat files.
- Used transformations like Joiner, Expression, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Filter, Aggregator, Store Procedure, Rank, Update Strategy, Router and Sequence generator.
- Created mapplets for reusing transformation logic in multiple mappings.
- Wrote the PL/SQL procedures for data extraction, transformation and loading on Oracle 11g database.
- Worked on FACETS Data tables and created audit reports using queries.
- Involved in Data modeling team for developing Star Schema and also worked with InformaticaPowerExchange.
- Worked with LOB users helping them in setting up the composite data virtualization layer, in creating various reports for them.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Teradata, Repository Manager, Designer, Work Flow Manager, Business Objects XI R3/6.5, Business Objects 4.x, Oracle 11g/10g, UNIX, LINUX, SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Flat Files, CSV files, Toad.