- Experience in the Analysis, Design, Modeling, Development, Testing and Implementation of Data Warehouse applications with excellent analytical, co - ordination, interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and developing and maintaining of various database objects in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Experience in Database platform such as Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2000/2005, Teradata on UNIX, Windows 2000/NT/98/95.
- Proficient experience on Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) using Informatica and MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) from various different sources into Data warehouse.
- Excellent experience in Informatica Power Center in designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and more. Over a year of experience in developing real time data warehouse using Power Exchange.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Extensive experience in using Tableau functionalities for creating different Reports, Interactive Dashboards with page and Dashboard prompts using sets, joins, bins, hierarchies, sorting, grouping etc.
- Experience in development and designing of ETL methodology for supporting data transformations using Informatica Power Center 7.x /8.x/9.x and Informatica MDM 9.7.X, 10.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading processing, using Informatica Power Center.
- Expert in developing, designing and supporting interactive Tableau Dashboard reports.
- Proficient in building compelling, interactive dashboards in Tableau that answer key business questions.
- Experience in documenting the ETL Process Flow like ETL Design Doc., UTC Doc. and creating run book for better maintenance and analyzing the production process flow along with knowledge of Data Stage, DAC and Informatica DVO.
- Experience in writing UNIX Shell scripts, Oracle PL/SQL (Packages, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions) and optimized queries, and T-SQL, VBA and Agile Scrum Methodologies.
- Developed, Monitored and Deployed SSIS packages.
- Experience in Teradata loading utilities like Multi Load, Fast Load, TPump and BTEQ.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiatives, grasp and expand on ideas, tackle and follow through assignments in the fast-pace and changing environment.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows XP/2000/98/95
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/ SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Visual Basic
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2005, Teradata 14/13, DB2 UDB/ AS400
ETL Tool: Informatica Power Center 9.6/9.5/8.6/8.5/8.1, Informatica Power Exchange
DB Tools: SQL* Plus, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer
Data modeling Tools: Erwin 7.5/ 4.x, MS Visio
Scheduling Tools: Autosys
Confidential, Farmington Hills, MI
Sr. Data Analyst/ETL Developer
- Worked with application developers to map the application data to the source.
- Presented mapping/ impact analysis to the application and project team.
- Helped developers and Project Manager on Sizing and Cost Estimation for projects.
- Lead the architectural discussion between architectures, project and application team (for one of the compliance related application) until the final architectural system interface was decided.
- Authored development related project documentation as SAS (System Architecture Specifications) and FSD (Functional System Design). Developed Data Flow Diagrams, UML Diagrams (Process Flow Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Component Diagrams) with MS Visio.
- Loaded the data using Informatica ETL tool and applying all the required logic based on the requirement provided by the client.
- Created Dashboards and visualizations using Tableau for several teams and delivered demo sessions to expand the tools reach in the IT environment
- Created users, user's groups and maintained user access rights in Tableau
- Created Architecture Design documents and Technical Specifications Documents
- Connected Tableau to various databases and performed Live data connections, query auto updates on data refresh
- Worked on most of the transformations in Informatica to build the logic.
- Created PAC2000 tickets for application related Change/ Work Requests for production deployments.
- Supported application development team with test data, test issues and warehouse integration.
- Implemented Tableau BI application creation, Tableau Administration, Installs and Server side functionalities.
- Created TSDs (Technical Specification Doc) for development team. Helped application development team to build Informatica Mappings and database objects such as Tables, Views for unit/ integration testing and data validation.
Environment: Oracle 11g, IBM DB2 UDB, IBM DB2 AS400/ LANSA, Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.6, Informatica Metadata Manager, Tableau, OBIEE, PAC2000 (Change Management), JIRA, MS VisioConfidential, Houston, TX
Senior Database Analyst
- Worked with BAs, data architecture, business users and various other project stakeholders to understand and collect the requirements.
- Helped in source to target data mapping and extensively involved in UAT for testing with business users and BAs.
- Analyzed the source data coming into warehouse from various sources as SAP, Oracle, SFDC, transformed and loaded them into dimensional model, and integrated the data for downstream applications.
- Developed various data base objects as Packages, Stored Procedures, Tables, Views, MViews, DB Link, Indexes to supply the data as per project requirement.
- Developed complex SQL codes using Aggregation, Joins, Subqueries, Analytical Functions to provide the summarized data.
- Loaded the data using Informatica ETL tool and applying all the required transformations based on the logic to modify the data.
- Involved in development of Informatica Mappings using transformations like Source qualifier, Aggregator, Connected & unconnected Lookups, Filter, Update Strategy, Rank, Stored Procedure, Expression and Sequence Generator and Reusable transformations.
- Helped the warehouse team in research and analyzing the data, and integration testing- created documentation and test scripts/ plan.
- Developed formatted, complex reusable formula reports and reports with advanced features such as conditional formatting, built-in/custom functions usage, multiple grouping reports in Tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Extensively used data blending in Tableau.
- Maintained the metadata with table/column/index definition.
- Developed and ran the jobs to load the data into warehouse using Autosys, Putty and UNIX.
- Maintained the database change process with BASH and SQL Scripting, SubVersion and SBM.
- Extracted the data from Oracle to MS SQL Server using SSIS packages, monitor and maintain them.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, TOAD 11.5, TOAD for Data Analysts 3.1, Putty/ Autosys, TortoiseSVN, KeyPass2, CyberArk, MS Access, Tableau, Informatica Powercenter, Serena Business Manager (SBM), WebI, SQL, PL/ SQL, UNIX Scripting (BASH)Confidential, San Jose, CA
ETL Developer/ Analyst
- Worked with the Business analyst and DBA for requirements gathering, business analysis, testing plans, and project coordination.
- Gathered and translated business requirements into detailed technical specifications, new features, and enhancements to existing technical business functionality.
- Worked with the project manager to develop the project plan for the first two phases of the project.
- Resolved the revolving issues by conducting and participating in JAD sessions with the users, modelers, and developers.
- Conducted design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate data mart.
- Developed the Star Schema for the proposed warehouse model to meet the requirements.
- Identified the objects and relationships between the objects to develop a logical model in Erwin tool and later translated the model into physical model using Forward Engineering technique in Erwin tool.
- Defined and processed the facts and dimensions.
- Created mapping documents using the Metadata extracted from the Metadata repositories.
- Resolved the data type inconsistencies between the source systems and the target system using the Mapping Documents.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization
- Created documentation and test cases, worked with users for new module enhancements and testing.
Environment: Informatica power center 9.1, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle 10g, Tableau, Teradata 13, Erwin, UNIX, Windows XP, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/ SQL, MS Access, OBIEEConfidential, NC
- Identify the functional & technical requirements for Data Warehouse solution.
- Define the ETL mapping specification from business requirements provided by BA.
- Design the ETL process to source the data from sources and load it into DWH tables.
- Involved in Data Warehouse landing zone schema design and provided data granularity to accommodate time phased CDC requirements.
- Designed Indexing strategy for Fact Tables, Disk usage statistics and automated email notification to Tech Ops team.
- Created ETL migration strategy document, Integrate Data Stage Metadata to Informatica Metadata and created ETL mappings, sessions, workflows in Informatica.
- Designed Mapping Templates and developed Mappings using Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Look up, Update Strategy, Sorter, Joiner, Normalizer and Router transformations.
- Design/Develop/Monitor/Schedule Workflows, Sessions, Event based tasks, parameter files, pre-session/post-session tasks for Development/UAT/SIT environment.
- Developed advanced shell scripts to validate source files, automated archival of Log files and created ETL event start/stop files.
- Developed Stored Procedures to test ETL Load per batch and populated ETL Load statistics table to estimate ‘Data growth’.
- Provided performance optimized solution to eliminate duplicate records.
- Identified and resolved performance bottlenecks in Source, Target, Mappings and Database related.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Power Exchange 8.6, Oracle 10g, Teradata 12, Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, CognosConfidential, Irving, TX
- Worked with business analysts to identify appropriate sources for Data warehouse and to document business needs for decision support data.
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Files and Excel files to target Oracle Data Warehouse database.
- Performed data manipulations using various Informatica Transformations like Joiner, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Filter, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator etc.
- Written SQL overrides in source Qualifier according to business requirements.
- Written pre-session and post-session scripts in mappings.
- Created sessions and workflow for designed mappings.
- Redesigned some of the existing mappings in the system to meet new functionality.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Batches and Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time with required frequency.
- Extensively worked in the performance tuning of the programs, ETL Procedures and processes.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Migrated the mapping to the testing and production department and introduced the concepts of Informatica to the people in testing department.
- Produced documentation as per the company standards and SDLC.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle 9i, DB2, MS SQL Server, UNIX, Windows NT, UNIX Shell Programming, SQL *Plus, SQL, PL/ SQL