- 5+ years of testing experience on web based, client/server and data warehousing applications.
- Extensive experience in ETL testing, Data Warehouse back end testing & BI Reports testing.
- Extensive business knowledge in the domains of Health Insurance, Finance and Retail E - Commerce.
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL queries in Oracle, MS SQL & Netezza Databases.
- Proficient knowledge in executing Unix scripting for various file operations.
- Experience in triggering the workflows to validate ETL mappings through Informatica (work flow manger, work flow monitor), DataStage and Enterprise scheduler tools like TIDAL.
- Proficient understanding of working with ETL Automation Tools like DVO and QuerySurge.
- Experience in BI testing of various reports generated by Business Objects, OBIEE etc.
- Involved in preparation of various documents/reports such as SAD (System Appreciation), Defect Reports, Weekly Status Reports and Test Summary Reports.
- Experience in Meta data Analysis, Data profiling, Test Data creation, Data Validation, Data Verification and identifying Data Mismatch.
- Experience in web testing and Integration testing Hybris Platform with E Commerce Portals.
- Expertise in contributing to Test Strategy, defining Test scenarios, developing and maintaining Test Scripts and closure documentation.
- Well versed with QA Best Practices and performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Support.
- Experience in working with Test/Defect management Tools such as HP ALM, JIRA.
- Strong understanding of the Waterfall, Agile/Scrum Software Development Life Cycle
- Sound Knowledge on Facets Functionalities and Data Models. Proficient Knowledge with Member, Claims and Billing Functionalities.
- Proficient knowledge on Selenium with TestNG and ALM Administration.
- Proficient knowledge with Continues Integration Continues Development (CICD) process.
- Excellent communication, client management skills and coordination with business/dev/vendor teams.
Test/Defect Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA
Languages: C, Java, Python.
Database: ORACLE, Netezza, MS SQL Server 2000.
ETL/BI Tools: Informatica Power center 9.6, IBM DataStage, SAP BO and OBIEE.
ETL Automation Tools: QuerySurge and Informatica DVO.
Test Automation Tools: Selenium/Test NG.
Batch Administration & CICD: Cisco Tidal, Jenkins and ANT.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2000, Unix V4.0.
- Preparation of SAD (System Appreciation Document) for the existing system and process flow diagrams w.r.to the new migration.
- Interacting with Dev team, Business Team, Data Analyst, and Data architects for understanding project requirements, Technical design and source to target data mappings.
- Analyzing Source to Target Mapping requirements and creating high level test scenarios.
- Responsible for creating test plan, test cases, test data, test execution and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business processes.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression and UAT Support for users.
- Involving in writing complex SQL queries based on STTM documents to validate ETL.
- Performed various data quality and data profiling checks using SQL queries.
- Used Netezza utilities (NZLOAD) to load the flat files in to temporary tables for testing.
- Use of Informatica Workflow manager/Work flow monitor to run and validate the ETL Workflows.
- Involved in testing various Custom ETL Components such as Interfaces, Batches and Reports.
- Use of ETL Automation tool QuerySurge to create query pairs using SQL queries.
- Used ALM for managing all STLC activities (Managing the requirements and requirement traceability matrix (RTM), test case design, test execution, defect management and reporting)
- Participate in daily status meetings to provide accurate QA status with all stakeholders.
Environment: ALM, Facets, Power center, QuerySurge, IBM Netezza, Aginity workbench, UNIX & TIDAL
- Effort Estimations, Review/analyze the business requirements, functional requirements and source to target mapping documents to formulate the test scenarios and test scripts.
- Involved in ETL Testing between source and target systems based on STTM documents.
- Involved in testing of the BI Reports generated from OBIEE.
- Using the Informatica DVO to create the Table pairs to do the data profiling by predefined scenarios.
- Executed test cases manually to perform Integration testing, compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using JIRA, along with logging defects with details and following up.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM), Software Metrics, Defect Report, Weekly Status Reports using ALM.
- Involved in web application testing for customer ecommerce portals.
- Enhanced the Automated Test Scripts using Selenium Test NG for the Customer Ecommerce web application for Regression Testing.
Environment: Web Portals, Oracle EBS, Informatica Power center, DVO, Netezza and OBIEE.
- Developed high level test matrix based on business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and development standards for assigned projects/applications
- Developed test cases based on test matrix including test data preparation for Data Completeness, Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Performed data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills.
- Performed Count Validation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
- Validating the extracts as per the Source to Target Mapping rules.
- Loading the Target extracts into Temporary tables for Source to Target Comparisons.
- Extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse and DataMart’s.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Performed UAT and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Tracking and reporting the issues to project team and management during test cycles.
- Updating and maintaining existing test Matrix and test cases based on code changes and enhancements to assigned applications.
- Contribute in the development of knowledge transfer documentation.
Environment: Data stage 8.0, Oracle 9i, DB2, SQL Server, Business Objects, MS Office Suite.