- Management ProfileBusiness Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Technology Innovation / Project Management
- Proven success driving business solutions through leading - edge technology, in-depth analysis and accurate reporting. Excellent qualifications include MBA, BSBA and PM plus 15+ years in business intelligence and data warehousing for Big-4 consulting firm, as well as national and global organizations spanning $200M to $10B+. Energetic, goal-oriented leader with expertise in BI system design, implementation and optimization. Passion for innovation, quality and delivering tangible, sustainable results.
- Keen business sense around deliverables, timelines and budget
- Enterprise SAP BI / DATA WAREHOUSE Solutions - BA >Architecture> ETL>DB>Security>Presentation
- Business Analysis & Needs Assessment
- Thorough understanding of Financial Statements and Reporting
- System Implementation & Integration
- Team Building & Leadership
- Stakeholder Relations & Communications
- Resource Planning & Management
- Operational experience of IT security regulations - HITECH, HIPAA
- SAP Program Management Experience
- SDLC Management & Launch
- Project Planning & Execution
- HIPAA & PII Data Governance, Architecture, Quality & Integrity, Data Profiling
- Process Redesign & Change Management
- Vendor Negotiations
- Best Practices & Information Sharing
- ACA “Obama Care” Compliance
- Data Architecture Design (Fact, Dimensions)
Business Intelligence Software: SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI r2, BOE 3.1, BOE 4.0, Administering Servers & Security, Sizing Platforms, Deployment, Hot Fixes, and Service Packs
Databases: Indexing, Scripting, Patches & Fixes - Oracle, Netezza, Sybase, SQL Sever
Query Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Toad
Data Modeling: CA ErWin 8 & 9
Data Architecture: Certification by Dr. Ralph Kimball & Margy Ross - Dimensional Data Modeling in Depth
ETL Tools: SAP Data Integrator, IBM DataStage
Content Management: SharePoint, WorksiteAdditional Tools - SAP BOE Universe Designer, SAP BOE Information Design Tool, SAP BOE Webi Intelligence (WEBI), Security Authentication LDAP & Windows AD Authentication with SSO, BOE XI r2, 3.1 Central Management Console, Brio Query, Crystal Reports XI r2, Fiserv InformEnt, Visual Studio, MOLAP Cube, Hyperion ESSBASE OLAP Server 6.1, HTML, CSS, XML, VB Script, Microsoft Office
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
Sr. System Analyst - Data Warehouse Architect Design
- Analysis and system design for Data Warehouse solution to support operations in both Real Time & Historical on very large databases in Oracle and Netezza. Applied Kimball Dimensional Data Modeling to redesign data model to provide for new Fact & Conforming and Subject specific Dimension Tables.
- Expert use in both design and presentation of IT Architectural and Data Architecture Visio Diagrams.
- Managed Big Data Quality POC using Informatica IDQ with Business Rules on Critical Data Elements.
- Redesigned Data Model for Accounts, Positions (>16bn) and Transactions for Higher Grain Fact and Dimension Tables
- Big Data POC - Migration of Data Warehouse to Hadoop, SQOOP, Hive Hue, Impala.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Sr. System Analyst
- Sized & Scaled, designed and implemented SAP Business Intelligence Suite 4.1, to support Epic Healthcare system conversion supporting over 13k users. Implemented SAP products included over 40 SAP Business Objects Universes, Business Explorer and over 900 Crystal Reports using both Clarity and Cogito Data Warehouse databases.
- Designed and supported enterprise wide Financial Systems for billing and Accounts Receivable. Designed enhancements to Data Warehouse using Star Schema methodology.
- Lead efforts with the Strategic Planning and the Operational Excellence departments to build advanced analytical self-service reporting using SAP products.
Confidential, Worcester, MA
- Designed & developed a Star Schema data mart of claim line detail and aggregate fact & dimension tables to comply with ACA “Out of Pocket Maximum” (OOPM) reporting requirements for 2014. This project will service Customer Service calls from Members, Data Exchange and reporting with multiple healthcare carve-out vendors and Explanation of Benefits (EOB). This required the proficiency of both designing and developing in ERwin 9 for DDL generation. Complex SQL Generation in both SQL Navigator R6.5 for Oracle Databases and SQL Server Management Studio for SQL Server Databases. Complex ETL mapping in SSIS between Trizetto’s QNXT Claim Adjudication OLTP and Fallon’s Old Enterprise Data Warehouse and Fallon’s New Data Warehouse.
Confidential, Providence, RI
SAP Program Manager
- Managed multiple concurrent vendors as both Project Manager and Business Owner to build out an SAP Business Objects Enterprise Business Intelligence Reporting Program for the State's Dominant Healthcare Provider during its 4 year $250MM Facet's Claims Adjudication System Implementation. Program provides in excess of 600 unique Crystal Reports covering all business lines. Provided for Data Center Scheduling Events, HIPAA compliance and is fully scalable and auditable.
- Project Manager & Release Manager for Data Warehouse initiatives utilizing IBM DataStage and Netezza.
- Dramatically improved business and financial functions by creating the most widely used corporate system; introduced improvements that grew the enterprise BI platform user base from 40 to 500 +.
- Cited for Best Practice of User Provisioning and Security for Six Sigma Kaizen Event.
- Tackled and resolved issues of BI security and governance by working with 14 business areas to gather insights, determine priorities and initiate strategic planning and change initiatives.
- Led the Dell Innovation & Technology Team in administration of BOXI Enterprise Wide BI Production Program. Ensured 100% compliance with corporate ethics and guidelines. Planned and oversaw concurrent version upgrade to meet future business needs. This included Resource Planning and Budget ownership and accountability (variance and accrual reporting).
- Led ERP Database Indexing and Infrastructure troubleshooting to improve critical reporting timely delivery
- Developed and implemented enterprise data governance program with process flows, end-user training, request forms and identification of data owners and authorized approvers.
- Operational expertise in SAP BI Products, MDM, APOS After Market Tools, MS Project and Project Server, MS Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint, Worksite (content management), CVS (version control).
- Managed for the functionality, performance, troubleshooting and management of the enterprise-wide SAP Business Objects Enterprise Reporting Program. Provided leadership and support for CMC administration, database connectivity, security, universe design and report development/scheduling. Also managed WEBI intelligence, performance management dashboards and SAP case management. Facilitated training programs.
Confidential, Westboro, MA
Senior IT Analyst
- Entrusted with designing and implementing the company's data warehouse that precisely addressed daily and long-range business requirements.
- Performed ETL development, administration and metadata management (SAP Business Objects Data Integrator) and conducted nightly batch jobs/custom table comparisons, which required information from 24K+ SQL Server tables in MS ERP Navision.
- Maintained accountability for data accuracy and integrity; ensured quality through First Logic address correction, name parsing and match/consolidation.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Senior Business Analyst
- Made a valuable impact in short-term role through development of proprietary year-end reporting tool offered to institutional investors.
- Gathered requirements and oversaw complex report design. Utilized Brio Intelligence Designer (Reports, Queries, Tables, Pivots & Charts), Fidelity's Legal "E" Review process to ensure compliance with NASD standards.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Implemented data warehouse program based on Oracle 9i database with Hyperion ESSBASE OLAP.
- Project managed large-scale Customer Data Quality (CDQ) project for 100K+ customers that significantly enhanced customer information for house holding, mass/target mailings, regulatory mailing sand MasterCard customer lists.
- Expanded upon data warehouse technology to improve strategic planning and product profitability. Gathered business requirements from Marketing, Retail, Deposits, and Loans and Accounting departments, trained 42 users (analysts through executives) and assisted in positioning the organization for growth potential within $1B of customer assets.
Confidential, Smithfield, RI
Principal / Senior Consultant
- Textron, Financial Metrics Benchmarking Project - Worked directly with the President of Textron to develop and implement benchmarking program that tracked NPV, ROI, EBITDA, EBIT and other KPIs as part of high-impact continuous improvement strategy. Developed financial models in ESSBASE and Excel that identified potential increase of $300M in net operating profit over five years. Results were presented by the President to 300+ employees and executives.
- Textron, Financial Reporting Project - Led front-end software development of $10B system that leveraged VB and Excel spreadsheets to capture fiscal data from 30+ divisions in the U.S. and abroad.
- Marshall Contractors - Skillfully negotiated and secured $30M+ in funds for work performed during World Cup Soccer Games. Coordinated with the World Cup Organizing Committee in managing procurement efforts, which saved Marshall Contractors $3M from delayed contract negotiations.
Confidential, Burlington, MA
- Confidential - Designed a Best Practice Research Study highlighting 34 benchmarks for the seamless, full-life cycle implementation of Hyperion ESSBASE and Multi-dimensional OLAP.
- Bombardier Capital - Served as Assistant Project Manager in implementing Oracle Financials for global client. Coordinated the complete project life cycle through implementation, testing and launch.
- FMGlobal Insurance Company - Analyzed business practices and designed functional specifications for web-enabled data warehouse that will enable Engineers and Architects to configure an international commercial roofing system.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - Hand-selected to co-author internal publication "SDLC Toolkit for Data Warehouse Practitioners" guiding PwC Project Managers through the project life cycle.