- Over 6 years of IT experience in the Design, Analysis, Development, Modeling, Implementation and testing various applications, Decision Support Systems & Data Warehousing applications.
- Strong experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, BI, Client/Server applications
- Solid experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism using Ab Initio. Knowledge of full life cycle development for building a data warehouse.
- Experience in designing and implementing Ab initio EME Metadata projects.
- Designed Parallel Partition Ab initio Graphs for a high volume data warehouse
- Involved in Ab initio Graph Design and Performance tuning to Load graph process
- Experience in creating custom schema from Ab initio EME base schema and creating EME custom views.
- Extensively used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing using Ab initio.
- Experienced in developing and deploying AB Initio graphs, unit testing, troubleshooting the issues using all latest debugging techniques and performance enhancement.
- Tuned Ab initio graphs using parallelism, phasing, using lookup file components and other performance tuning techniques.
- ETL Ab initio is used as key integration component in developing this application environment.
- Also experienced with Ab initio Data Profiler and developed statistical analysis reports.
- Experienced in interacting with EME Data store with several air commands.
- Hands on experience with code implementations on mainframe and UNIX.
- Well versed with various Ab initio parallelism techniques and implemented number of Ab initio.
- Configured Ab initio environment to talk to database using db config, Input Table, Output Table, Update table Components.
- Experience in new Ab initio features like Component Folding, Parameter Definition Language (PDL), Continuous flows, Queues, publisher and subscriber components.
- Sound Knowledge of Data Warehouse/Data Mart, Data Modeling Techniques. Very good understanding of Dimensional Modeling.
- Highly experienced in Creating Sandboxes and saving graphs in the sandbox for check in and check out of graphs from the EME
- Experience in providing production support to various Ab initio ETL jobs and developing various UNIX shell wrappers to run Ab initio and Data base jobs.
- SQL/Database developer experience in writing efficient SQL queries, fine tuning queries and wrote several SQL queries for adhoc reporting. Extensively used SQL Loader, SQL Plus and TOAD.
- Installation, configuration and administration experience in Big Data platforms.
- Involved in creating Flat files using dataset components like Input file, Output file, Intermediate file in Ab initio graphs.
- Developed graphs using multistage components.
- Developed new projects of EME model in coordination with designing and technological teams.
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2012/2010/2008 R2/2005/2000
Tools and Packages: AB Initio, SQL Server Management studio, SSIS, SSRS, DTS, Power Pivot.
Languages: T - SQL, HTML, XML,SQL,C, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Unix Shell scripting
Operating Systems: Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL, IIS(4.0/5.0/6/0)
Application Packages: MS Office, MS Outlook (Microsoft Office Suite)
Confidential, Allendale, NJ
AB Initio DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked on end-to-end processing of the data flow from source to EDW
- Participated in design of data flow from external sources until sending out the feeds to downstream environments and bob reporting structures
- Created high level and low level detailed technical design documents for the project
- Involved in creating AB Initio generic graphs to extract/load data and processing graphs to apply the transformations on the data to apply business rules on the data
- Was responsible for maintenance of the prod/non-prod environments at times looking for any failures and applying quick fixes
- Participated in designing the scheduling process for the module and made sure all the jobs run without any contention.
- Was a mentor to the new members of the team and helped them get onto speed in the project
- Was responsible and took complete ownership of the tasks and kept the client with updated status.
- Worked with the migration teams and DBA teams during major release.
- Was a data analyst and was assigned tasks related to analysis of data
- Participated in major decision making team meetings and shared the information with the team
- Participated in providing support to the releases until the system became stable
Environment: Ab Initio GDE 3.2.2 Co>Op 3.2.4, Oracle 11g, EME, Linux, Teradata V14, MS Visio, Autosys (IXP 11.3.5), MySQL 5.6.17
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Ab Initio DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked in the Data Management Team on Data Extraction, Fictionalization, Subset, Data Cleansing and Data Validation.
- Analyzed business needs and documented functional and technical specifications based upon user requirements with extensive interactions with business users
- Responsible for the detailed design and documentation.
- Designed, developed and unit tested AB initio graphs for the CO Auto Finance project
- Improved performance of AB initio graphs by using various AB initio performance techniques like using lookups in memory joins and rollups to speed up various AB initio graphs
- Developed UNIX Korn Shell wrappers to initialize variables, run graphs and perform error handling
- Developed, tested and reviewed complex AB initio graphs, sub-graphs, DML, Pset, XFR, deployed scripts, DBC files for connectivity, create Package and exports
- Participated Agile Iterative sessions to develop Extended Logical Models and Physical Models
- Created mapping document and ETL design document
- Carried the performance tuning on the AB initio graphs to reduce the process time.
- Worked in Scrum & Agile Methodology Environment
Environment: AB initio GDE 3.1.3, EME, Unix AIX, Linux, Tivoli, SQL Server 2008,
Ab Initio DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Created AB initio graphs that transfer data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and CSV files to the Teradata database and flat files.
- Worked on Multi file systems with extensive parallel processing.
- Implemented Lookups instead of joins, in-memory sorts to minimize the execution times while dealing with huge volumes of data.
- Extensively used Partitioning Components: Broad Cast, partition by key, partition by Range, partition by round robin and De-partition components like Concatenate, Gather and Merge in AB initio .
- Implemented Transform Components such as Aggregate, Dedup Sorted, Filter by Expression, Join, Normalize, Reformat, Rollup and Scan Components and created appropriate XFRs and DMLs.
- Used Lookup Transformation in validating the warehouse customer data.
- Performed bulk data load from multiple data source (ORACLE 10g, legacy systems) to Teradata RDBMS.
- Used Teradata SQL Assistant front-end tool to issue SQL commands matching the business requirements to Teradata RDBMS
- Coded and Unit tested AB initio graphs to extract the data from Oracle tables and MVS files.
- Produced mapping document and ETL design document.
- Worked closely with the end users in writing the functional specifications based on the business needs.
- Participated in project review meetings.
- Provided maintenance and support to most of the applications.
Environment: AB initio GDE 3.0.2, Oracle 11g, EME, Solaris, UNIX AIX, Linux, Tivoli,
Ab Initio DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Involved in the design and development of many complex graphs for the LP application
- Responsible for Development of Graphs and Unit Testing
- Responsible for designing and implementing data mobilization job streams that incorporate data hygiene, merge/purge, and transformation processes
- Had supported implementation of business intelligence and marketing automation solutions
- Responsible for creating test cases to test the production ready graph for integrality, operability, and to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format
- Responsible for interpreting the transformation rules for all target data objects and develop the software components to support the transformation. Coded and tested complex AB initio ETL routines.
- Had participated in software development projects to develop logical and physical data models and to capture application specific ETL metadata and work flows
- Used most of the AB initio Components.
- Developed shell scripts to customize the ETL AB initio Graphs at runtime.
- Used Check in/Checkout for the CVS version control system.
- Extensively used Partition and Departition components on multi file system.
- Extensively used Sort and Transform components such as Join, Filter by Expression, Dedup Sorted, and Reformat within the graph for business query.
- Developing Shell Scripts to automate file manipulation and data loading procedures
- Performed complex queries involving large data volumes
- Creating summary reports of the output of graphs using Aggregate, Rollup, Scan components.
- Developed Graphs common data validation for the different sources.
- Had Prepared/implemented data verification and testing methods for the Data Warehouse.
- Had done performance and tuning of AB initio ETL graphs, processes and load routines and provided mentoring in AB initio .
Environment: AB initio 2.14/3.0.2, GDE 1.15/3.0.2, PL/SQL, SQL Developer