- Over 7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Test Analyst / Quality Assurance Engineer, performing Manual, Automation and ETL (Data warehousing) testing of applications and Data in the client server, web and mobile applications in internet/intranet environments using Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Mercury IT Governance center, IBM data Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, Data Stage, Main Frames, HP ALM etc.
- Exposure in Finance, Banking, Automotive and Health Care industries.
- Involved in Software Testing Lifecycle including Black Box, system, integration, database, performance, GUI, Functional, Regression, Unit testing, User Acceptance, Smoke testing and Sanity testing of both client - server and web-based applications.
- Hands on experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Well conversant with software testing methodologies including developing Test Plans, Test scenarios, Test Cases, Test procedures, Test reports, Requirements Traceability Matrix and documenting manual and automation tests.
- Expertise in Manual/Functional Testing, Automation, ETL & Data warehouse Testing.
- Creation and execution of Synchronization, parameterization, looping statements and Checkpoints in Automation testing.
- Experience working with platforms and Databases like Oracle 11g, IBM data studio, DB2, Teradata, Mainframe, SQL Server, Informatica, DataStage and TOAD.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools and Well versed with SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL queries to run the data integrity tests.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with problem solving abilities, effective in working independently and exceptional team player.
Operating Systems: MS Windows7-8-9-10, Unix, Linux Ubuntu
Testing Tools: UFT 12.5, QTP, IBM Data Studio, Toad, Oracle SQL developer, Data Stage, Tidal, & Quality Stage Director.
Languages: VB Script, JAVA, XML, UNIX, SQL, T-SQL & PL-SQL
Database Testing Platforms: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, IBM DATA STUDIO, Mainframe, Teradata
Methodologies: SDLC, STLC, Agile, Waterfall, V Model
Bug Tracking & Management Tools: HP ALM 12.21, HP Quality Center, Version One, RTMs, MS Office Works, JIRA
Confidential, Troy, MI
Datawarehouse/ ETL Tester
- Identifying field and data defects with required information in ETL process in various jobs and one to one mapping.
- Responsible for creating the Test Plans and given sign offs.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules.
- Validated the data in the reports by writing SQL queries in the transactional system.
- Oversaw the historical loads in UAT and PROD environments.
- Worked on Integration of all the processes in UAT/PROD.
- Optimized/Tuned several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Prepared the Test Cases after thorough analysis of each requirement.
- Prepared test data by modifying the sample data in the source systems, to cover all the requirements and scenarios.
- Conducted and actively participated in reviews, walk-throughs of Test Cases.
- Reviewed the ETL mappings to ensure the transformation rules are applied correctly.
- Executed the workflows in the workflow manager, to start the ETL process.
- Created and executed SQL queries to perform source to target testing on DB2 database. Performed the following tests: Data Completeness, Validity, Uniqueness, Data Integrity, Data Transformation, Data Quality, Initial and incremental load tests
- Coordinated with different users in UAT execution.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Version One, Agile, Data Stage, Unix, MS Work, Mainframe, Alpha, Advantage, Windows OS
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
QA Test Manager
- Analyzed requirement documentation, functional specification, design documentation and identified test scenarios.
- Created Test Plan, test strategy, Test Cases, scripts based on functional specification, prepared test data for testing.
- Performed all types of manual testing including Functional, GUI Testing, Smoke, System, and Regression testing.
- Created Defects and tracked the defects using HP ALM
- Developed Traceability matrix, mapping Test Cases to the Requirements.
- Plan, Schedule and Co-ordinate testing tasks in Quality Center.
- Developed Automation Driver Component Scripts, common and application common reusable library functions, Configuration files and Recovery Scenarios using VB Script for UFT V12.5
- Involved in executing SQL queries to verify database was updated.
- Implemented QA best practices and required tools.
- Extensively worked with all QualityCenter10 modules Management, Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard.
- Expertise working with Requirements Traceability Matrix in Quality Center.\
Environment: HP UFT 12.5, VBScript, Quality Center, Water Fall, HP ALM
ETL Test Lead
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Worked on data validation of more than 1.3 million records using SQL in IBM Data Studio from Loans and deposits side.
- Identified defects and errors in data prior to data processing.
- Mitigated existing issues and provided solutions.
- Collaborated with Back end and database developers.
- Also, validated data writing macros.
- Checked whether Data mapping is done correctly and matches the data.
- Export requirement, Test Cases into the Quality Center, run manual and automation Test Cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Participated in peer review meeting for creating Test Plan, Test Cases and analyzing various testing documents and defined Testing strategy, scope, objectives, methodology, timeline, resources, environment.
- Create standard testing life cycle flow diagram for projects and presented to test team to follow testing process.
- Updated RTM in daily, send status report and daily tracking report to test manager.
- Involved in solving the production issue in mortgage ware house application (wire transfers system was crashing). So was playing a part as an automation tester for 3 weeks.
Environment: IBM Data Studio, HP ALM, MS Excel, SQL, TOAD, UFT, DB2
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Involved in analyzing requirement documents to create Test Cases .
- Prepared both positive and negative Test Cases for Functional , System , End-to-End Testing.
- Conducted Peer Reviews to find and correct bad Test Cases .
- Executed Test Cases manually to check GUI and Functional features of the application.
- Prepared automated test scripts for Functional, UAT , and Regression testing using UFT .
- Reported all defects to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution using Quality Center .
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different platforms.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Attended weekly update meetings with QA Manager to discuss the status of Projects.
- Enter tasks in Microsoft Project and important milestones.
- Performed knowledge transfer with teammates, as appropriate.
Environment: Windows XP, Quality Center, UFT, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Office
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Plan s, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Perform both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results.
- Export requirement, Test Cases into the Quality Center , run manual and automation Test Cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle ( STLC ) to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Participated to create Test Analysis reports (TAR) and stored them into the Quality Center .
- Performed UAT testing in the UAT environment prior to notify to the customer to start performing UAT testing.
- Performed Functional Testing using Quality Center .
- Developed automation scripts in QTP to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Used Quality Center to execute automation scripts in batch mode or unattended mode.
- Assisted the scripts in QTP by applying checkpoints, parameterizations, synchronization point, data driven tests and creating modular tests.
- Met with client to present future functionality of the application, gather information from them to know about their need and send this information to test manager.
- Assisted in smoke testing, Functional, Integration, System, user interface testing of the bank loan information web based application.
- Experienced and worked in Agile environment
Environment: HPQC, QTP, Oracle, SQL, Windows, Agile Environment
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Manual/ Automation Test Engineer
- Developed Test Plan s and documented Standard Testing Procedures for manual testing.
- Played a key role in developing overall quality processes, metrics collection and change management.
- Developed and executed Test Cases and Test Plan s for Functionality.
- Executed, wrote, maintained test case script procedures, and documented test results.
- Involved in creating traceability matrix to map requirement and Test Cases .
- Reported software anomalies in accordance with the internal procedures.
- Developed automation scripts in QTP .
- Provided testing the GUI consistency against different browsers (running on windows) against various screen.
- Performed Database Validation and Integration Testing and manipulations using SQL
- Performed manual testing and maintained documentation on different types of testing like positive and Negative testing.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Windows, SQL, Water Fall Environment
Confidential, Houston TX
- Created and executed Test Cases for new features, while analyzing and documenting the test outputs
- Managed result defects through re-testing cycles
- Involvement in Manual testing methodologies
- Involved in Graphical User Interface Testing ( GUI ) of the application
- Preformed End-to-End Testing of the application
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, SQL, MS Office, Water Fall