Executive who partners with senior management to improve business performance and shareholder value. Proven ability to provide leadership and innovation to define critical issues, develop strategies, and implement processes, systems, and controls to reduce operating costs, improve efficiency and manage risk. Recognized for superior customer relations with concentration on facilitation of translating business needs to technology capabilities, ability to manage multiple projects, strong background in technical accounting, and a leadership style that maximizes employee performance and loyalty. Relocation is an option and travel is not an issue. From July 2008 to August 2009, I was on personal family leave.
Project Management: Phase I of Global Data Warehouse for revenue consolidation Systems Implementation: Development of strategic plan for financial systems consolidation Process and Policies Implementation: Analysis and updates to system access for Oracle Financial ERP Process Re-engineering: Process redesign for IT Purchasing Finance: Implementation of budget software (Applix) Accounting: Implementation of asset/liability management software (BancWare) Communication: Analysis of IT credit card processing for incremental billing
Confidential, Atlanta, GA 2006 - 2008 (Providing value-added information solutions to businesses and consumers for over 107 years in 14 countries)
Vice President, Global Financial Systems New position with company to inventory, analyze and recommend strategic software solutions for global financial systems to replace multiple systems as a result of acquisitions. Interface extensively with Information Technology and Accounting/Finance department's staff in addition to senior leadership.
- Compiled inventory of financial systems from a global perspective with understanding of current software, hardware, reporting capabilities and consolidation avenues for corporate results
- Survey distributed to all global locations to gather information
- Developed matrix of current environment including transaction volumes, hardware, software, personnel
- Recommended 3-5 year phased strategy for consolidation of systems onto world-class platforms building on recently adopted Oracle Financials as corporate standard with consideration of software, technical and capital restraints
- Manager of new enterprise data warehouse project with initial concentration on revenue transactions from nine disparate United States and Canadian billing systems (including currency translations for reporting)
- Utilized RFI's and RFP's to solicit bids - both US and off-shore companies
- Off-shore company was selected requiring management of 3-8 on-shore personnel and up to 20 off-shore developers
- Worked with IT to design and implement hardware/software infrastructure (Unix hardware with Oracle 10g) with expansion capabilities to house global revenue information
- Managed $4.5 million capital and $2.0 million operating and project budget for 2007
- Included all US financial systems projects
- Coordinated RFI's and RFP's for projects with approved business cases with Finance, IT, Legal and Purchasing with review of final contract before awarding to vendor
- Served on Steering Committees of approved projects to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Managed Business Intelligence staff focusing on transition of current reporting environment to new data warehouse capabilities using Business Objects as the new reporting tool
- Restructured user responsibilities within Oracle financials to eliminate segregation of duties audit concerns and strengthen controls (G/L, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing)
- Oracle Financials implementation in April 2006 for US and Canada
- Understanding of each module's various menu functions and system functionality required to modify user access capabilities. Six month project completed by November 2006
- Produced monthly Oracle reports from all modules for monitoring of system access compliance
Confidential, (formerly People's Bank) Bridgeport, CT 2001 - 2006 ($10 billion Connecticut retail and commercial bank)
First Vice President and Senior Financial Officer Recruited directly by the CFO to this newly created position with dotted line reporting to four Senior Executive Officers. Directed $150MM budget, the forecast process and monitored expenses for IT, Direct Banking/Operations, Human Resources, Corporate Benefits, and Legal/Real Estate Management. Provided critical financial information to senior management for strategic planning.
- Sponsored Steering Committee to evaluate, decide and implement new Accounting and Budgeting software
- Assisted with user requirements custom design of packaged resource management software for IT department
- Kintana (now ITG) installed to assist with user requests' prioritization
- Utilized software for accounting needs and forward-looking resource pools for projects
- Provided input to software company for enhancements of future releases to improve ease of use and increase functionality for both IT and Finance needs
- Constructed prioritization process for requests of IT and capital resources from the business units and operational areas. Chaired corporate-wide prioritization committee for analysis of business cases with submission of requests to senior management for final approval
- Implemented policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Reviewed and applied new GAAP accounting standards to support divisions
- Reduced user input timeline by two months by recommending/implementing new budgeting software.
- Directed corporate team in analysis of budget needs as defined by new CFO
- Recommended vendors to present their software
- Worked as part of steering committee to monitor vendor performance and compliance to requirements during implementation
- Collected $75MM in incremental revenue by designing billing system for IT services provided during transition of Credit Card Line of Business to Royal Bank of Scotland
- Required detail analysis of IT services and processes involved in support of credit card transactions
- Created and presented proposal to Peoples and RBS management teams for transition costs
- Services were billed monthly with detailed documentation
- Saved $2.8MM in first year by creating and implementing new processes for purchase of goods and services.
- Coordinated with Purchasing and Legal to install processes for both capital and expense proposed expenditures
- Developed relationships with major vendors (IBM, Sun, EMC, etc.) to educate sales representatives on new requirements
- Reviewed, modified and approved all contracts in coordination with Purchasing and Legal for all capital and large dollar expense requests
- Worked extensively with IT and vendors to provide financial and IT benefits of hardware and software proposals with recommendation for approval or rejection of transaction
- Achieved 3%-5% target annual budget expense reductions.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia 1986 - 2001 ($180 billion regional retail and commercial bank)
First Vice President, Corporate Financial Budget/Forecasting Manager (1991-2001) Reporting to the Corporate Treasurer, responsible for organization, coordination, consolidation, analysis and reporting of the annual corporate financial budget and periodic forecasts. Key player on integration of Crestar Bank into SunTrust, consolidation of bank charters, and implementation of new software.
- Recruited by CFO to manage budget process after unexpected departure of Budget Manager and staff. With limited assistance and time, performed consolidations and prepared budget for BOD review and approval
- Recommended and directed conversion of new corporate-wide budgeting software from mainframe to desktop application saving over $500M per year
- Trained over 200 individuals across multiple states on new budgeting software with assistance of vendor.
- Recommended and project manager for implementation of state of the art software for asset/liability management. Provides five year strategic outlook for major business lines and total bank impacting business decisions and external factors such as rate changes and competitive environment. Meets regulatory requirements for analysis of interest rate risk
- Designed, installed and maintained local area network and PCs for Treasurer's group to provide centralized data and individual desktop PCs which improved productivity and effectiveness
Manager, Financial Reporting (1987-1991) Responsible for internal and external reporting for the Georgia and Tennessee franchises
- Ensured compliance with all GAAP and regulatory requirements for internal and external reporting
- Provided internal and external financial reports including regulatory submissions
- Provided external auditors with work papers for annual report accelerating annual report publication.
- Managed a staff of eight accountants. Mentored staff for promotions to other departments within the bank.
Cost Accounting Staff (1986-1987) Performed detailed and summary analysis of all products and procedures to determine cost and ultimately, profitability of each service and/or product offered to consumers.
- Assisted with installation of accounting policies/procedures in branches. Tasks completed on time and budget.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS Project Management Professional (PMP) MBA Completed 50 of the 75 hours required. Masters of Banking Won the Bank Simulation Program senior year Bachelor of Science (Cum Laude) - Concentration in Accounting, Minor in Computer Sciences Associate of Science Degree (Cum Laude) - Business Administration Becker Review Course