Summary of Qualifications
My relationships and network of contacts are extensive after 20 years in the industry. This enables me to open doors, hire talent, and get the job done! I pride myself on my leadership, hands-on management style, and competitiveness for closing deals. I have worked with startup companies and large organizations, and in both roles I have built, trained, coached, mentored and motivated teams to succeed and overachieve their goals and quotas. I am also experienced at managing a P&L and improving both net margins and gross profit while exceeding sales goals. Even though I am a sales hunter by nature, my diverse background and experience gives me a well balanced mix of sales, marketing, management, and operations knowledge and expertise. Additionally, I have extensive experience working with C-Level Executives with both partners and customers.
- Sales and Marketing of Computer Software and Hardware products for: Infrastructure Solutions, Networking, Security, Peripherals, Productivity, Entertainment, I-Pod Accessories, Desktop Accessories, Education, and Utilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in multiple market segments including: B2B, Verticals, Consumer Electronics, Enterprise, Government, SMB, SOHO, K12, and Higher Education. Expert in related sales channels including: Distribution, Direct, Retail, VAR, Catalog, and E-Commerce.
- Proven track record of building Sales Organizations from the ground up. At the high end, I helped grow a team from 100 to 250 inside and field based sales professionals with 15 direct reports. During that same time period, I helped grow gross sales from $1 billion to $2.3 billion. At the other end of the spectrum, I have built teams from the ground up in a hands-on management style developing start-ups or new divisions within larger organizations.
Diversified management responsibilities
- Sales Teams (inside & field based) ranging in size from 6 to 250 sales reps
- Call Center/Telemarketing – both outbound and inbound calling on 20,000 VAR’s
- Operations and Channel Marketing
- Strong People Skills
- Natural Leader
- Team Builder
- Quota Buster
- Presidents Club Achiever
- Business Development
- Results Driven
Confidential, July 2007 – Jan 2009
Consultant/Business Development Manager
Primary Sales Representative in the Northwest U.S. of this start-up emerging technology trends consultancy. The initial product is an On Demand Professional Services Platform with patent pending. Drive support in the areas of sales, support, market development and training.
- Initiated and developed relationships with executives of Fortune 1000 companies to introduce and demonstrate new On Demand Professional Services product.
- Optimized sales opportunities by provided quality designed information to attract top decision makers to this new and innovative product.
Confidential, August 2005 – June 2007
National Account Manager/Business Development Manager
Primary Sales Representative in the Mid Atlantic and Eastern U.S. of this highly successful and recognized provider of computer cables and peripherals in the VAR and Distribution channels. Drive performance in the areas of sales, support, market development and training.
- Developed relationships with executives of major VAR’s to increase revenues in area 100%+ year-over-year and elevating corporate visibility within a highly competitive market.
- Captured superior levels of client satisfaction and retention by ensuring continuous provision of highest quality services.
- Optimized sales opportunities by providing quality training and product awareness throughout the organizations as well as trade show opportunities.
- Orchestrated increased VAR participation within region by over 200% by demonstrating effective methodologies for increased profits of core sales initiatives.
- Surpassed sales quotas in 7 straight quarters.
- Developed program to capture significant business in the specialized arenas of the College Bookstore and Prison markets.
- Achieved Presidents Club in 2 straight years
Confidential, June 2003 – August 2005
- Managed the start up development, growth and sales of regional specialized equipment sales and serviceorganization focused on the Not for Profit groups.
- Collaborated with decision makers to determine wanted and needed equipment, negotiated best pricing, product roll-outs, and services.
- Outsourced sales efforts for managed services software firm.
Confidential,1999 – 2003
Regional Sales Manager/Director of Operations
Spearheaded sales efforts in the Mid-Atlantic area of this world renowned organization in the SMB space through the diligent, perseverant, and repetitive engagement of high level executives of reseller organizations. Drove performance in the areas of sales, sales support and training.
- Increased regional sales year over year by over 60% during first year tenure. Increased client count by over 23% during same period. Personally responsible for introduction of major accounts to include AMSEC LLC.
- Established and managed a district sales funnel that accounted for 33% of all ongoing deals in the SMB segment in the United States.
- Optimized sales opportunities by targeting 100 selected organizations for enhanced awareness program which focused on bundling and profitability.
- Directed the sales efforts of the largest NACS team accounting for over $300M in annual HP hardware/software channel sales focused on the commercial, government and educational markets.
Confidential, 1996 – 1999
Director of Educational Sales
- Executed sales initiatives that resulted in year-over-year growth by over 100% in year 1, 150% in year 2, and 250% in year 3.
- Optimized relationships with store owners, school administrators, and company representatives to increase shelf space, media space
Confidential | TYLER, TX | 1994 – 1996
Director of Auxiliary Operations
- Directed the organization’s profit centers including the bookstores, paraphernalia sales venues, concessions, the printing center and sports venues.
- Optimized the enhancement of the college’s image and financial success by coordinating and implementing special projects in conjunction with the President of the College.
Other Roles and Responsiblities
Confidential | RALEIGH, N.C. | 1992 – 1994
International Restaurant Company
Confidential | HAMPTON, VA | 1986 – 1992
Regional Sales Manager
An Apple II and MacIntosh Software developer/publisher
Reached $15 million before acquisition by Word Perfect
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences
Associate of Science in Business Management