Summary of Experience:
Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology and a wide range of progressive experience in providing product specifications, design, analysis, development, documentation, coding and implementation of the business technology solutions
- 6 + years of working experience in Cognos BI tools using Cognos Framework Manager, Report studio, Query studio, Analysis studio, PowerPlay Transformer, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR).
- Experienced in Cognos 10, 8, ReportNet with Report Studio, Framework Manager, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Strong experience in creating and publishing packages in Framework Manager.
- Well-versed in developing reporting applications using Cognos Business Intelligence components like Report Studio, Framework Manager, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Metric Studio and Cognos Connection.
- Strong complex reporting skills – complex Drill-Through, Discontinuous Cross-Tabs, Summary Reports, Burst Reports.
- Extensively used Framework Manager, Query Studio and Report Studio for model design, ad-hoc reporting and advanced report authoring.
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling of Star Schemas, Snow-Flake Schemas Methodologies for building enterprise data warehouses.
- Interacted with Customers for requirement gathering, effective analysis and also to provide end-user training.
- Involved in a data migration process between different versions of Cognos.
- Experienced in developing Dashboards Reports in Cognos 8 and 10
- Proficient in all phases of Data warehousing concepts, and experience in dimensional modeling using Star Schema and Snow-flake Schemas.
- Created and published packages in Framework Manager from various data sources. Generated different kinds of reports in ReportNet, created templates and multilingual reports.
- Strong experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business data flow and data relations from them.
- Knowledge in Planning, Designing, developing and deploying Datawarehouses / Data Marts with experience of both relational & multidimensional database design using Data Modeling tool ERwin (Physical and Logical data models)
- Worked with Different Databases like Oracle8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2, MS Access.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Business Intelligence Tool : Cognos 10 BI tools (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Cognos
Connection), Framework Manager, Cognos Impromptu, PowerPlay Transformer,
ReportNet 1.02/1.1, Impromptu Web Reports (IWR), Access Manager, PowerPlay
Enterprise Server, Scheduler.
ETL Tools : Informatica Power Mart v6.1/5.0 & Power Center v6.1/5.0
Databases : MSSQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access, DB2
DB Tools : SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Languages : C, C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic 6.0, VC ++, SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Operating Systems : Windows 95/98/XP/NT, UNIX (Solaris, Linux)
Confidential, Mar’05- Current
Project: New York Depart of Education, Brooklyn, NY Mar’09 – Till Date
- Generated various List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports, Drill-Down and Drill-Through Reports.
- Generated Complex reports in Cognos 10.1 report studio including Drill Down reports from DMR modeled Frame work model.
- Created Dashboards to present critical company data in a single report.
- Created list reports & cross tab reports using cognos 10.1
- Manually modified the SQL in ReportStudio to tune and/or to write complicated reports. Used union/Join objects in ReportStudio
- Experience in developing Framework Manager Models and analyzed those models in analysis studio.
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements from users and business community.
- Analyzing existing transactional database schemas and designing star schema models to support the users reporting needs and requirements.
- Created Sophisticated Reports using Report Studio.
- Used some advanced features like Conditional Formatting in Report Studio in generating multipage Reports.
Environment:- Cognos 8 & 10 BI, Cognos Connection, Cognos office Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis studio, Metric studio, Frame Work Manager, DB2, SQL,XML and Windows NT/4.0.
Confidential,Windsor-CT Sep’07 – Jan’09
Bank of America has been using Cognos for some time and I was hired to working on multiple Cognos projects concurrently. As a team lead I managed a group of five developers and personally managed security and Framework Manager related development activities. Day to day activities include:
- Comprehensive Admin Review: Created multiple models to meet the need of adhoc and canned reports. Modified the existed model of Phase 1 and took care of all business needs for phase 2.
- Back-end Development: Developed multiple SQL statements/files for exceptions management to exclude accounts based on complex business logic. The SQL statements were run in a batch using UNIX scripts.
- Developed FM model for report studio developers
- Created CPF (Project files) and Published projects from the FM Models
- Created Query subjects, query items, Filters, Namespaces
- Handled Complex Queries as separate Query Subjects.
- Setup report bursting and scheduled it to run on the11th of every month.
- Gathered and documented requirements from end users in JAD sessions to develop ad–hoc reports.
- Neighborhood Landing: A Model with Unique Relational Layer: imported new tables from DB and created new Query Subjects in the relational layer according to the unique business need like merged few tables, created joins and merged those table to create one query subject in relational layer according to their business requirement.
- Cognos Administration: Defined roles and permission and matched them across all environments for multiple applications (linked the reports to dashboards
- Worked on report performance Improvement project - found issues and fixed them.
Environment: Cognos 8.4 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio), Oracle 10 G, Windows
Confidential, San Francisco, CA Apr’06 – Jul’07
Senior Cognos Consultant
The project was with IT Asset Management Group and major responsibilities included helping Business users to keep track of all elements of software and hardware in the company.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Installed and configured Cognos 8.3 and Cognos 8.4 in Dev Environment.
- Created different types of reports like List, Cross-tab, Chart, Drill-Thru and Master-Detail Reports.
- Created multiple Dashboard reports for multiple packages.
- Developed Prompt Pages, Cascaded input Prompts to display only the selected entries in the report and also worked on the customization of prompt parameters.
- Involved in extensive use of conditional formatting while developing reports in Report Studio.
- Migrated Reports from Cognos 8.2 to 8.3
- Initiated training for the users to do ad-hoc reporting using Query Studio.
- Extensive experience on Structuring Metadata and Cognos Models using Framework Manager.
- Provided support for slowly changing dimensions in data marts
- Implemented data profiling and quality check in Data Manager
- Designed and Prepared a Training Material for the Users.
- Closely Involved in Requirement gathering and Analysis with the customers.
- Created List Reports, Cross tab Reports and Control Charts
- Implemented Security for Data access, Object level access and Package access
- Used Cognos Connection extensively for organizing, security, scheduling and distributing reports
- Extensive experience in Security Administration based along with LDAP.
- Formalized the reporting process by creating the technical specification and requirement specification.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, ROLAP, Cognos 8.2/3/4 (Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Connection)
Confidential, Irvine, CA Apr’04 – Feb‘06
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is a leading developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection, and cleaning technologies. This project has been implemented as a Business Intelligence solution for analytical needs of the Business Users of Johnson & Johnson for Order Management.
- Participated in the workshops for gathering requirements.
- Analyzed the impact on the reports due to the changes in the Source systems.
- Involved in the Design discussions of the Mappings for data loading using Informatica PowerCenter 8.
- Modified the Framework Manger Models to incorporate the new data elements.
- Designed and developed the reports as per the requirements in Cognos 8.2.
- Developed PowerPlay Cubes for better analysis of the data.
- Implemented the security setup for reporting and User setup for BI reporting Access Manager and Sun one Directory server.
- Implemented security into Cognos Transformer Models using Macros.
- Published the Cubes to Cognos 8 Analysis Studio using Framework Manager.
- Modified existing reports to incorporate the changes in the Source System.
- Prepared Test cases for report validation.
- Involved in Unit and Integration testing.
- Responsible for code migration across environments ( DEV, SIT,UAT, Prod)
- Responsible for documenting the code changes as per the User change requests.
Environment: Oracle 9i Database, Cognos 8.2, Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos PowerPlay Transformer, Cognos Access Manager, Informatica PowerCenter 8, Windows 2000 Server.