- Over 7 years of Experience in Business Objects XI 3.1/XI3.0/XIR2/XIR1/6.x/5.x (Designer, Info view, Central Management Console, Central Configuration Management, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Import Wizard, Supervisor, Full client, Administration console, Reporter, Publisher) and Crystal Reports XI, Crystal Xcelsius, Live Office, Query as a Web Service (QaaWS), OLAP, Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2 v9.7, Sybase ASE 12.5.1, MS Access.
- Created pilot Universe and developed reports in Web Intelligence.
- Developed reports using SAP WebI interaction services using BI 4.0.
- Developed Interactive dashboards using SAP BI 4.0.
- Experienced with SAP Business Objects as an OLAP tool for building reports, designing universes and managing user profiles.
- Created new Universes on Business Objects 4.0 relating to HR for In-house project.
- Hands on experience in successful implementation of all project life cycle stages from requirements gathering through implementation and enhancements.
- Excellent understanding of Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) on concepts like Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension Tables, Physical and Logical data modeling using Erwin 7.2/4.0/3.5, Toad Data Modeler, Microsoft Visio.
- Worked on Dashboard Manager and created analytics for Executive reports.
- Experience in building multiple universes, retrieving data using universes, personal data files and creating complex ad-hoc reports using Business Objects, Crystal Reports and WEBI.
- Strong data analyzing experience in designing and implementing universes using Business Objects Designer involving the creation of underlying database structures, resolving loops, resolving chasm and fan traps, creating classes and objects, Conditional Objects and joins, and testing the integrity of the universe.
- Experience working with new features of Business Objects XI including Index awareness, Derived tables and Central Management Console.
- Used import wizard to migrate the reports from dev to test and from test to prod environment.
- Good understanding about SAP Integration.
- Used Life Cycle Manager (LCM) to export the BO objects from one environment to another.
- Used techniques such as Slice and Dice, Scope of Analysis, Ranking, Section, Alerting, Filtering, and Grouping.
- Experience in performance tuning of the Business reports, universes and database and used @aggregate aware functions in the universe to improve the performance of the query by cutting down on the size of the result set at the data provider level.
- Worked with Crystal Reports 2008/XI for creating complicated reports including sub-reports, parameter based reports, graphical reports, formula based, well-formatted reports, drilling reports, analysis reports and data reports.
- Worked in both ad-hoc and complex report environments.
- Technical proficiency in creating interactive dashboards and scorecards using Xcelsius and Performance manager.
- Used Live Office and QaaWS (Query as a Web Service) to feed live data into Xcelsius 2008 to show product portfolio.
- Created complex Xcelsius dash boards by connecting directly with existing Crystal Reports and XML files.
- SAP BO Certified.
- Data Warehousing / OLAP / BI Tools: Business Objects 4.0, XI 3.1/XI R2/6.x/5.x (Central Management Console, Central Configuration Manager, Central Management Server, DeskI, Import Wizard, WebI, Designer, InfoView,Supervison, Performance Manager, Dashboard Manager), Crystal Xcelsius 4.5/2008, Crystal Reports XI R2/10.0/9.0/8.0, LiveOffice.
- Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, IBM DB2, BW, MS Access.
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++
- Operating System: Windows XP/NT/2000/98/95, Windows 2003, Solaris 10, UNIX
- PL/SQL Tools: TOAD, SQL Navigator
- Data Modeling: Erwin
- Environment: Win 3.x/95/98, Win NT 4.0, Windows 2000/2003 server, Sun Solaris 5.8/2.6, Sun OS 4.0, MP-RAS Unix, MS-DOS 6.22, Novell NetWare
- Professional Experience:
Confidential, Shawnee Mission, KS. March 2011 - Present
Business Objects Developer
CHCA Owner Hospitals are North America\'s leading children\'s hospitals and are widely known for their excellence in caring for America\'s children. CHCA is to fulfill the medical needs of children and have access to medical products and services designed and manufactured to meet the unique needs of children.
Project name: WSM Reports redesign
- Responsible for requirement gathering analysis and development of Universe.
- Responsible for Dashboard and reports development in WEBI.
- Responsible for development of functional and technical specs.
- Developed hospital measure analysis dashboard using Universe and WEBI.
- Design and developed universe for measure analysis dashboard and reports.
- Developed Pie charts, bar graphs, line graphs, comparative graphs and trend graph in WEBI reports
- Developed user prompts in Universe and WEBI.
- Measure, Dimension and Detail objects were created to meet the needs of end user requirements so that every possible query could be achieved, created various classes and objects for universe.
- Used Designer to create Universes and resolved join path problems utilizing contexts and Alias Tables.
- Setup hierarchies in the Universe for providing drill down options in the reporting environment.
- Extensively used Calculations, Variables, Break points, and Sorted inputs, Drill down, Slice and Dice for creating Business Objects reports.
- Manipulating data through various presentation styles such as, charts cross tabs, slice and dice, user response, alerts, prompts, nested loops and filters.
- Created Prompts, Conditions and Filters to improve the report generation. Also used Alerts to improve the readability of the report.
- Created reports in Crystal, Webi by using all the required functionalities.
- Created reports on development data to test the functionality of universes with a group of power users.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1/R2,Crystal reports, Web Intelligence, Windows XP, SQL Server2005/2008, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, TOAD, BW, Xcelsius 2008, Windows 2003 Server.
Client: Confidential, Tampa, FL January 2010 - February 2011
Business Objects Developer/ Xcelsius Developer.
Frontier Communications is the largest pure rural telecommunications carrier in the United States with operations in 27 states. Frontier Communications is developing “Enterprise Services Portal” where managed networks are designed, built and maintained for various clients. We have developed multiple universes for the various clients which captures the information on performance of networks and equipment. Users create ad hoc reports in Business Objects on top of the universes in addition to the canned reports created by us.
- Created reports for Subscriber Usage, Billing, Account, Subscriber Status and Equipment Information.
- Created the reports for marketing group based on the Customer Experience data regarding the customer service, service plans, etc.
- Worked with business users and analyze the Reporting Requirements and Metric Analytics to come up with the technical specifications for the BO Reports from different sources.
- Improved the performance and reduced the coding with the use of @functions (@aggregate aware, @select, @prompt, @where).
- Tested the aggregate awareness to ensure the query is pulling correct level of aggregation.
- Updated and maintained existing Universes based on changing user requirements and based on changes in data source using the Business Objects XI 3.1 designer.
- Created new classes, objects and made structural changes to Universes in Designer which includes adding new objects, updating tables and joins.
- Creating Repository, Users, and User Groups and prioritizing Security Levels for Users and User Groups.
- Developed reports by linking different data providers in a single report, and made all possible incompatible objects as compatible by merging the common objects.
- Generated Reports based on time like Year, Quarter, Month, Week based on Geographic and Comparative reports.
- Developed BEX reports using Query Designer and set as data providers in WAD by using Broadcasting features.
- Migrated Crystal Web environment from Crystal Enterprise 8.5 to 9.0 and also from 9.0 to 10
- Exported reports into XL, PDF, CSV and XML formats as per the client requirement.
- Migrated Business Objects XI R2 content (users/user groups, Universes, reports) in to Business Objects XI 3.0 environment using the Import Wizard.
- Used Xcelsius for presenting dashboards to End users.
- Created Revenue Dashboard, Sales figure Dashboard using Xcelsius 2008.
- Documented all the changes made to the Universes and Reports for future references.
- Developed interactive dashboards and scorecards using Xcelsius and Performance manager.
- Created Webi reports using advanced features such as open document and customized prompts.
- Used Report Conversion tool to convert the DESKI reports to BO Xi 3.1 webi reports.
- Created graphical representation of reports such as Bar charts, 3D charts and Pie charts etc.
- Created Data Flows to load data from flat file with fixed width formats into Data Warehouse.
- Created, validated and executed jobs to transfer data from source to target.
- Document the ETL process using auto documentation in Data Services Management Console.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1/R2, Xcelsius 2008, SQL Server2005/2008, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, DB2 v9.7, TOAD, Crystal reports, Web Intelligence XI R2/ XI, Infoview, ZABO, Live Office, QaaWS, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Business Objects Data Integrator 11.7.2/Data Services XI 3.2.
Confidential, Dallas, TX October 2008 - December 2009
Business Objects Developer.
Celanese is a global, integrated producer of specialty and intermediate chemical products focused on satisfying its customers and delivering growth & value. The project was to build a DATAMART for order management, customer relationship management and to provide sales support based on customer data. I was responsible for KPI reports, Fact Utilization reports etc.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications about the IT incident system for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Designed, developed and managed Universes in Business Objects Designer for generating theClosed IncidentReport, Closed Interactive Reports, Incident by Service and CI.
- Setting up rights to Business Objects Applications such as Info view, WEBI, Designer, Dashboard Manager, Crystal reports, Desktop Intelligence(DESKI) for User groups in Central management console(CMC) .Setup access to WEBI reports in Info view for View on Demand reports, Ad-hoc reports, modify rights.
- Created Xcelsius Visualizations and published them to business objects Enterprise, which showed key performance indicators graphically.
- Created Dashboards using Dynamic data from data source options such as query as a web service and live office.
- Using live office imported Web Intelligence reports in Excel and Created Xcelsius visualization based on these reports.
- Implemented Business Objects security to do User/Group management, Folders, Universes and Reports management, job scheduling and monitor the job scheduler to optimize the server performance.
- Worked with Import wizard to move the objects between DEV, QA and Production systems, to create users in bulk.
- Created an IT Service Management Dashboard of Dynamic Data Fetching from the oracle Database through a Live Office.
- Created an IT Change Management Dashboard, dynamic data fetching from oracle database through Query as a Web Service.
- Worked extensively with @functions (@select, @prompt, @where) to overcome the problems with database when integrating with Business Objects.
- Created predefined conditions in the universe level to restrict the volume of data to be pulled in the report.
- Generated Reports with Free hand SQL and Stored Procedures using Oracle 10g.
- Assisting the client, through analysis of their existing system, challenges, and business needs. Documented the reporting requirements and interacted with Business users and collected business information and their requirements for developing the project Work Force Reports.
- Analyzed business model and created Business Intelligence Architecture plan, created Business Functional Specifications, Functional Design Specifications, and Detailed Design Specifications.
- Design the presentation for a strategy on SAP Business objects module like SAP BI Solutions, SAP EIM Solutions, SAP EPM Solutions and SAP GRC Solutions.
- Gathers the Client requirement for designing, configuring and implementation phases for Business objects BI solutions Architecture.
- Involved in the development of the Unified Database, which is a data warehouse application, which stored and reported on repair data for over two thousand dealerships, using Teradata as its data repository
- Given the presentation on Business objects architecture design document.
- Design the Business objects architecture (3-tier) for the entire environment that is Dev, QA and Prod.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1/R2, Web Intelligence , Infoview, Live Office, QaaWS, Windows XP, SAP BW, Teradata , SQL Server2005/2008, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, TOAD, Windows 2003 Server.
Client: Confidential, USA September 2007 - October 2008
SAP BI-BO Developer
Olympus is a precision technology leader, designing and delivering innovative solutions in its core business areas: Cameras and Audio Products, Industrial Measurement and Imaging Instruments, Life Science Imaging Systems and Medical and Surgical Products. The company uses Business Objects (BO) to enable the reporting functionality & MIS of the data warehouse & SAP systems. Further it uses middleware SAP client which links the application with the database and the operating system. BO is the most commonly accepted reporting tool for data warehouse and the SAP system. The BO administrator is a technical\\network professional who is responsible for configuring the BO with the data warehouse and the SAP environment, including the client installation and BO CMS & Web application servers.
- Installed and Configured BOBJ, Service Packs, Hot Fixes, Productive Pack etc on client machine to extensively test the impact before installing them in Dev, QA and Prod.
- Designed & Developed Universes & Web Intelligence Reports taking SAP BI as a Source.
- Developed more than 20 dashboards using Xcelsius 2008 and QaaWS
- Created web services using Web service generator tool QAAWS (Query as a Web Service).
- Administrative tasks are performed like deploying reports and dashboards. Migrating them from Development server to Quality server.
- Worked with BICS, which fetches data directly from BexQuery.
- Created reports with different functionalities like Alerts, Sorting, Break, Filters, and Prompts.
- Applied dynamic visibility on Xcelsius dashboard as per the business requirement.
- Worked on Business Objects Security as per the Client requirement.
- Provided Universe Designer and Xcelsius training to the team members.
- Developed documents like BOBJ Security, Xcelsius, Webi & Universe Designer etc.
- Assisted both offshore and onsite team members in developing BOBJ reports and Dashboards.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2, Xcelsius, IBM Express BI 7.0 & SAP ECC, Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2005,Sybase ASE 12.5.1, Infoview, Crystal Reports XI, Web Intelligence XI, Xcelsius, QaaWS, Life Cycle Manager, MS Visio, Toad.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL February 2005 – September 2007
Business Objects Developer
The Phase 2 Multi-Channel Advanced Marketing Platform (AMP) Database will consist of the following high-level systems and services. The File receipt and Handling to include processing of WSI data feeds, AMP Ramp list processing and changes in prospect list handling for improved recency. Custom hosted house and Prospect data warehouse. Use of WSI dedupes logic and Truvue pinning at individual and household levels to provide a modified and enhanced linkage approach for persistent identification of customers.
- Participates with internal clients to define software requirements for development, maintenance and improvements.
- Designed and Created universe based on user requirements.
- Organized the universe by creating Classes and Objects.
- Resolved Loops by creating Aliases and Contexts.
- Exported Universes to repository for making it available to users.
- Defines and develops BO reports for accessing/analyzing data in warehouse.
- Generated Multi-Dimensional reports, Drill up and drill down, Cascading prompts and Slice and Dice reports.
- Created business objects reports using free hand SQL and Store procedures.
- Using SQL*LOADER loads data from external files in to tables of oracle database.
- Created and formatted the Reports using Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence and Crystal Reports.
- Exported the Reports to Repository for making it to available forthe Users.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2/6. 5, Infoview, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Dashboard Manager, Crystal Reports XI R2, Oracle 10.g, SQL,SQL Server , PL/SQL, Toad, Erwin 4.0 and UNIX.