Highly accomplished technology executive with over 26 years of international experience leading complex business initiatives, building world-class technology organizations and consulting for multi-billion dollar corporations. Considered as a trusted advisor to senior business & IT executives. Extremely competent in adapting to new business environments quickly and providing vision and leadership to transform functional and IT operations using innovation and continuous improvement rigor.
- Large Scale Business Transformation
- Building/Rebuilding Organizations
- Global Application Development
- Extensive Fortune 500 Experience
- Big-4 Consulting Experience
- Large Team Management
- C-Level Executive Relationship Management
- Strategic and Hands-On Experience
- Global ERP Implementation
- P&L/Business Development Experience
- International Assignments
- High Integrity, Passion and Trust
- Contract Negotiation & Vendor Management
- Structured Methodologies
- Multi-million Dollar Budget
- Extensive Coaching & Mentoring
- Change Management
- Merger/Acquisition, Systems Integration
Confidential, St. Louis, MO - USA Aug 2009 - Present Largest Catholic Healthcare provider in USA and the third largest Healthcare provider with annual revenue ~$16 billion with over 90 hospitals in 21 states with nearly 120,000 associates.
Vice President - Information Technology
- Leading the IT portion of the largest Healthcare business transformation initiative in USA with a program budget of ~$1 Billion with the IT budget of over $400 million with an IT team of over 400 associates and consultants, including Application Development, Infrastructure, QA/Testing and Service Management.
- Developed and implemented an extremely complex multi-product technology infrastructure and architecture, including over 100 different environments spanning multiple data centers
- Responsible for centralizing IT organization and standardizing IT processes from a distributed leadership/team business model relying on extremely competent team consisting of VP and Directors
- Led the multi-million dollar contract negotiations for acquiring Oracle products suite including Peoplesoft, Siebel, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Hyperion Planning & Budgeting, Call Center Anywhere, Identity Management, Single Sign-on, Imaging & Process Management (IPM) and other vendor products such as Kronos, MedAssets, McKesson, SciQuest, HP Testing product suite
- Selected multi-year and multi-million dollar Oracle On Demand services for hosting the entire Oracle products suite
- Led the consulting partner selection process after evaluating 5 top global consulting firms.
- Led the development of key strategies - Future State Architecture, Environment Management, Development, Testing, Interface, Conversion, Security, Development Standards etc.
- Developed and implemented Enterprise integration strategy and solution to connect Business Systems with the Clinical and Revenue Cycle applications.
- Established an onsite-offshore support organization using Service Catalog and core ITIL processes
- Completed the Design, Build, and Test phases in record time.
- Successfully launched the first three deployments ahead of schedule and under budget.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS (Domicile - Akron, OH) - USA _____ Aug 2007 - Aug 2009 Fortune 500 Transportation & Logistics Company with annual revenue of ~$9 billion.
Vice President - Information Solutions (Application Development, Architecture & Shared Services)
- Improved customer-satisfaction by 40% using a formal survey.
- Eliminated over $15 million from the IT budget in 2008 without adversely impacting business.
- Responsible for managing a budget of over $100 million.
- Only IT executive to participate in the business transformation strategy team to integrate two $3+ billion companies. Successfully integrated the technology platforms in only 6 months.
- Restructured the entire Application Development leadership team to provide focus on customer service and execution.
- Led a team of 6 Directors with nearly 500 associates from three different locations and an offshore team in India.
- Successfully introduced a common culture of excellence, customer focus and homogenous development process within the first 3-4 months of joining the company.
- Restructured and outsourced the EDI process with an annual savings of over $2.3 million.
- Responsible for managing key relationship with senior business executives, including Presidents, CFOs, COOs, EVPs of each business units.
- Received "Exceeds Expectations" performance ratings consistently.
Confidential, Aliso Viejo, CA - (Domicile - St. Louis, MO) - USASept 2006 - Aug 2007 Leading provider of end-to-end IT services and solutions for Global 2000 companies with over 8,000 employees.
General Manager - Midwest Region
- P&L responsibilities included: customer relationship, business development, sales, delivery, finance and staffing.
- Increased the revenue by ~200% and the gross profit margin by 30%.
- Established a $30 million Offshore Development Center for a major Financial Services client.
- Added three new Fortune 500 clients and introduced two new practices i.e. Region Level Forecasting and Annual Account Operating Plan.
- Recognized as the top revenue & margin producer of the year.
Confidential, St. Louis MO - USA April 1997 - Sept 2006 Enterprise is the largest Auto Rental Company in the world with annual revenue exceeding $14 billon.
Assistant Vice President - Application Development - May 2000 to Sept 2006
- Delivered an automated claims administration system for four major business areas. The Fraud Detection function provided savings of $50 million.
- Managed over 400 employees from four locations with a budgetary responsibility of over $100 million and an attrition rate of less than 2% with a leadership team consisting of an AVP and multiple Directors.
- Developed the multi-year Technology Roadmap for each business areas.
- Developed and transferred at least ten Directors and Managers to other areas of the organization.
- Negotiated software contracts resulting in favorable financial and business terms and conditions.
- Negotiated and selected services from technology, consulting and advisory firms.
Director - May 1999 to May 2000
- Dissolved five departments within the IT organization.
- Responsible for leading 8 departments.
- Formally instituted a new performance evaluation process.
- Facilitated the project portfolio management process and the formation of IT Steering Committee.
- Selected three major offshore IT services vendors.
- Established the Architectural Review Committee.
Department Manager - May 1998 to May 1999
- Successfully led the implementation of PeopleSoft HR, Benefits Administration, Payroll Interface, Financial modules including GL, AR, AP, Billing and other functionalities with multi-lingual and multi-currency features for users in five countries.
- Formed a new Technology Acquisition & Administration department including Purchasing, Contracts Administration, Asset Management, Vendor Management and Technology Needs Assessment group.
- Led the Development Technology Center - an internal consulting organization.
Process Manager - Apr 1997 to May 1998
- Introduced a formal process improvement and service optimization function for the entire Technology Infrastructure and Service Management group.
- Provided coaching, mentoring and program management support for two senior Program Managers.
Confidential, LLP, St. Louis, MO - USA Aug 1996 - Apr 1997 Manager
- Program Manager on a Year 2000 (Y2K) initiative at a Fortune 500 pet products company. The successful execution resulted in additional engagements resulting in over $40 million in revenue.
- Program Advisor to three other Y2K engagements.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO - USA Jul 1993 - Aug 1996 Founder/President
- Analyzed and created a business case to deploy the SAP purchasing module for 35 different business units of Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
- Developed an automated pallet inventory control and tracking system using barcode technology for Metal Container Corporation. This resulted in cost avoidance of over $10 million per year.
- Re-engineered the Credit and Activation process for Ameritech, which reduced the cycle time from 25 minutes to 30 seconds.
- Audited and corrected programming errors that prevented revenue loss of $40,000 per day.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO - USA Jan 1991 - Jul 1993 Sr. Consultant
- Led the development of Group Administration System for General American Life Insurance Co.
- Developed a platform-independent open architecture to build the Asset Management system for Department of Defense.
- Designed and developed the Associates Benefits System for May Company.
- Tuned the "Call Notes" system for Southwestern Bell resulting in 55% gain in performance efficiency.
Confidential (Domicile - India, Bahrain and USA) Jul 1986 - Jan 1991 Sr. Consultant, Staff Consultant
- Developed Registration & Dispatch, Billing and other operational modules for United Van Lines.
- Developed euro dollar financial forecasting tool for Bank of America (Bahrain, Arabian Gulf office).
- Led a multi-national team of individuals to rewrite an Accounts Payable and Inventory system.
Confidential - IndiaJan 1985 - Jul 1986 Systems Analyst, Programmer, DBA As a Software Engineer designed, developed and implemented several business applications on several platforms. INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Healthcare (provider)
- Travel & Leisure
- Insurance (Property & Casualty, Life)
- Investment Banking
- IT Consulting
AFFILIATIONS Member of Teradata Board of Advisors - March 2009 - August 2010. Board member - Lutheran Family and Children's Services of Missouri.
- B.S in Physics (Major - Electronics Instrumentation, Minor - Nuclear & Atomic Physics).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management.
- Business Professionals Course (BPC) - A 2-year ontological business & executive development education.