- Skilled Professional with 7+ years experience in the field of Siebel/OBIEE
- Expertise in gathering Business Requirements, assessing & developing Business Intelligence Program strategies, and designing and implementing BI information & analytical solutions.
- Business Intelligent Solutions using Data Warehouse and OLAP Techniques.
- Data modeling experience using Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema/Snow flake schema, Fact and Dimension tables, Physical and logical data modeling
- Experience in configuring Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, Siebel Security Setup (groups, access / query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Proficient in Installing and configuring Siebel Analytics/OBIEE on windows/LINUX operating system.
- Expertise in developing Business Intelligence using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 10.x/ SiebelAnalytics7.x
- Proficient in building analytical repository, business models, generating reports, and creating dynamic Dashboards using OBIEE/Siebel Analytics
- Strong Experience in Siebel Analytics Server, Siebel Analytics Web, Siebel Delivers, Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports...
- Proficiency in building the reports using OBI Answers (using pivot tables, charts etc.)
- Extensive experience in providing end-to-end business .intelligence solution by dimensional modeling design, building business models, configuring metadata, Answers, Delivers/ iBots/Alerts, creating reports / Dashboards, cache monitoring, and building Siebel Analytics Repository consisting of three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer) using Siebel Analytics
- Expertise in Performance Tuning Analytics Dashboards / Reports and Data Warehouse database.
- Experience in DAC to configure, monitor and schedule ETL routines
- Experience in setting up a Multi-User Development Environment (MUDE).
- Set up dimension hierarchies and level-based measures for drilldown detail within Analytics Reports
- Proficient in building analytical repository, business models, generating reports, and creating dynamic Dashboards using OBIEE.
- Migrated the Repository from Development to Production using UDML Utilities
- Developed automation tools to seed and purge the cache in Admin tool
- Developed automation tool to validate the data between OLTP and OLAP, post ETL.
- Good understanding in Oracle Sales and Marketing Analytics.
- Implementation of Warehousing and Database business Applications for different industries with experience in complete life cycle implementation
- Expertise in implementing the Oracle BI /Siebel Security Setup (groups, data access/query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Good database experience using Oracle 11g/10g/9i
- OBIEE 10.1.3.2.1front end for reporting and dashboards.
- Very strong experience in developing Siebel Analytics Repository (.rpd) at three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer), Time Series Wizards, Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using Page and Dashboard prompts, Siebel Security Setup (groups, object and data level), LDAP, External Tables, configured Analytics Metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column), Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports) and scheduling iBots
- Detail understanding of OLTP and OLAP Data models to create and manage the repository with the available metadata using Siebel Analytics/OBIEE.
OLAP Tools : OBIEE 10.x, Siebel Analytics 7.8/7.7, DAC 7.x.
Development Tools : OBI 10.1.3.1.
Databases : Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005,
Languages : C, SQL, HTML, XML, UML.
Operating Systems : Windows 98/00/XP/2008 server, Linux, UNIX.
SQL Utilities : Toad for Oracle, SQL*PLUS.
Data-Modeling Tools : Erwin 4.0, MS Visio.
Applications : MS Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage, Outlook.
Others: OC4J, Web Logic.
Confidential, NJ Sept'10 - Till Date
Burlington coat factory is one of the most established corporations in USA. The requirement of the client was to deliver a business solution to the Finance users to provide insight into the financial reporting. Our initial project was to offer a demonstration of OBIEE capabilities using internal data from different sources that custom designed dashboards.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into technical design solutions.
- Development, Implementations and Documentations of Data Warehouse / Data Marts deployments and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Worked with Oracle Data Integration as ELT tool to import data to OBIEE.
- Installed and Configured OBIEE Environment in the Organization.
- Building executive Performance Management Systems using OBIEE interactive Dashboards
- Configured Analytics Reports, dash boards, web catalog and the RPD using OBIEE Administration tool 10.1
- Developed Dashboards / Reports with different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, Tabular and View Selector), Alerts, Guided Navigation and Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities
- Created Dimensional Hierarchies for Drill Down, Level Based Measures and TimeSeries Functions based on the Requirements.
- Worked extensively on Oracle Answers, Delivers, and Intelligent Dashboards.
- Involved in Repository Configuration, Troubleshooting, Migration and Server Administration.
- OBIEE Admin work: New Id creation, Account modification of existing users, Password reset and deletion of accounts.
- Created materialized views and aggregates to improve performance.
- Implemented OBIEE Security (Object Level and Data Level Security in the OBIEE Repository and Answers) using Repository Variables, Session Variables and Initialization Blocks.
- Merged two different Repositories using administration tool and Web Catalogs using Catalog Manager. Used job manager to manage and monitor iBots.
- Created Global Prompts, Narrative Views, Charts, Pivot Tables, Compound layouts to design the dashboards.
- Created Business Model to support Adhoc Reports for User Access based on Requirements.
- Configured Presentation layer used by different User Groups and also established the various standard queries, in order to support the presentation layer.
- Designed the Row Level Security for the Managers to View the Reports pertaining to their Region.
- Configure the BI Publisher scheduler to schedule reports and view the saved data
- Created RTF templates in MS word by connecting to BI Publisher, and publish these templates for the reports to view data in BI Publisher.
- Involved in the logical and physical models of the warehouse.
- Implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Toolsfor Data warehouse application.
- Loaded data to the Interface tables from multiple data sources such as MS Access, SQL Server, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets using, SQL*Loader.
- Developed best practices, development & deployment standards for successful implementation of OBIEE solution
Environment: OBIEE 10.x,Oracle10g/9i, BI Publisher, OBI11g, SQL,PL/SQL, Toad, Unix Shell Scripts, Windows and AIX.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA Oct '09 - Aug '10
Siebel Analytics Developer
The ANALYZE project involved developing a BI solution for strategic analysis by sales, marketing, and pricing to provide marketing and campaign management capability, an ability to measure effectiveness across all products and provide single data set for analysis and tracking of results to the management.
- Worked closely with the business community to assess business needs, define requirements and Implement solutions.
- Interacted with different QA teams and program managers located at different locations in onshore and offshore before delivering fix packs to customers ensuring quality of fix pack.
- Creating the Logical and Physicaljoins in Business and Physical Layers.
- Design Siebel Web Components including OBIEEAnswers and Intelligencedashboards.
- Implement new data modeling and new hierarchies on the existing marketing module as per client requirements.
- Customized Siebel Repository defined Physical Data Layer and developed Business Model and Presentation Layer using Siebel Analytics Administration Tool and using OBIEE
- Set up security using Sessionvariables, tested and validated the model using Siebel Administration Tool.
- Giving security permission / privileges as per the role of each user.
- Worked on creation and configuration of Siebel dashboards, customized reports and charts (like Sales, Service and marketing), in Siebel Answers.
- Extensively used Siebel Delivers and iBots.
- Used Filters and provided Customized prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up Reports.
- Developed dashboards with drill-down capabilities and applied local and global filters.
- Worked on Siebel Answers to build Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities
- Created views on dimensional tables to satisfy the reporting needs.
- Implemented dynamic dashboard prompts to zoom into particular segments of the business in a performance-optimized manner.
- Customized the repository and created new requests using Answers.
- Managed day-to-day .rpd, Scheduler & iBots
- Redefine hierarchies in Marketing Accounts and contacts as per client requirement.
- Used Toad to debug the SQL query to identify duplicate rows in the warehouse tables, and to debug the SQL query issued during report execution.
Environment: Siebel 7.8, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Windows XP.
Confidential, MO Apr '08 - Sep '09
Confidential, is a financial services company. The Company has three business segments: Individual Insurance, Group Insurance and Old American. The Individual Insurance segment consists of individual insurance products for both Kansas City Life and Sunset Life. The goal of this project was to build reports for the company which provides integrated views of information that can be verified with respect to historical as well as present data and show trends regarding sales data, clients, client profiles, products, and their relationships.
- Involved in the analysis and functional requirements gathering process by meeting up with the business users.
- Managed Oracle Business Analytics Applications security and performance.
- Created the Technical design document (TDD) of repository and webcat (reports / dashboards).
- Designed, implemented the Metadata, Reports and Dashboards for the Gross Margin, Sales, and Inventory subject areas using the OBIEE tool.
- Developed the repository model for the different work streams with the necessary logic that involved creating the Physical, BMM and the Presentation layer. Also created hierarchies, variables, time comparison analysis and event poll strategies in the repository.
- Extensively worked on creating reports and dashboards.
- Performed query optimizations / tuning in Physical Layer as well on Database.
- Developed on demand, canned Reports and Dashboards for the various subject areas. Configured the Scheduler and created iBots, which were sent out to the users on a daily basis.
- Performed the Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made required changes to repository and database.
- Performed UAT for the various reports and dashboards.
Environment: Siebel 7.8, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, Ms Access, Toad
Confidential, Lawrence, NJ May '07 - Mar '08
Performance & Risk Data Mart (PRDM) was implemented for mortgage division to track different kinds of key performance for indicators for their mortgage lending group. The data mart also helped evaluate credit risk with the customer and also finds new sales opportunities based on the customer's needs.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst, discussed and gathered the Analytics requirements and created the Business Model using Star schemas.
- Used Administration Tool for customizing and modifying the physical, business and presentation layers of metadata repository (.RPD).
- Worked on the Time Series Wizard and implemented time comparison measures.
- Used Filters and provided Prompts appropriately to avoid excessive data showing up Reports.
- Developed Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down/ Dynamic, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with Global and local Filters) using Answers in OBIEE.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Customized/Created presentation layer catalog folders, to show different views of the business model to different users and assigned group permissions to the catalog folders.
- Worked Extensively on Answers to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Configured Intelligence dashboards by adding content such as links/images, HTML objects and folders.
- Maintained effectiveness in creating the Dashboards by appropriately including guided navigational links and drilldowns.
- Used the Catalog manager and maintained the Analytics web catalog to manage Dashboards, Answers.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.1, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Windows XP/2003 server.
Confidential, India (Bangalore) Apr '06 - Feb '07
Description: Siebel Analytics is business intelligence tool and it has an in-built repository. The repository comprises of databases from different sources. Repository also holds the business logic required to analyze data and build warehouse. Siebel Analytics Web helps in creating reports and dashboards based on the warehouse. Siebel Analytics Server can retrieve data from many databases simultaneously and help in developing analytical reporting. Recently integrated Actuate Advanced Reporting with Siebel Analytics. Through E-designer advanced reports can be generated & published. These Advanced reports are viewed in Siebel Analytics web.
As a Siebel Analytics test engineer, I was involved in checking the migration of older version of reports into the latest versions and maintaining the customer required reports on the latest versions and implementing the new requirements on the existing reports.
- Installation, Configuration and testing Siebel Analytics on the following platforms
- Windows 2003/MSSQL 2000
- Solaris 9i/Oracle 10g
- HPUX/Oracle 9i
- Created and configure the Analytics repository using Siebel Admin tool.
- Physical, Logical and Presentation layer customization using Admin tool in the Analytics Repository
- Configure and customize Siebel Answers and Web Intelligence Dashboards
- Changes were made in the Analytics RPD metadata for the Fact table's columns as per the business requirement.
- In the Analytics RPD business Model layer implemented filter conditions to fetch only the particular data
- Implemented reporting cache to faster response time.
- In Analytics RPD metadata Created Logical Joins/keys, Set levels to support Drill-down, Aggregation / Sum over columns etc.
- Create guided navigation links within Intelligence Dashboards
- Implementation of different views of report i.e. Pivot table, Column selector, view selector, Graph, Narrative, Funnel Chart and Gauges etc.
- Created Guided navigation Static links and Conditional links in Dashboards
- Using Dashboard prompt created Global filters at dashboard page level and at dashboard level
- Created Global filters using drop down, multi select & Variable
- In Answers created Reports which are linked to another report or Dashboard page
- In Answers created is prompted Reports.
- In Dashboard worked with global filters and is prompted report and navigation to other is prompted report
- Implementation of Dashboard Objects like Link or Image, Embedded content, HTML, Folder Guided navigation link
- Perform administration tasks related to the development and configuration of Intelligence Dashboards
- Customize the Siebel Analytics Web user interface
- Integrating Actuate Advanced reporting with Siebel Analytics
- Generate & publish Actuate Advanced Reports into Siebel Analytics web
Environment: Siebel Analytics/Siebel Analytics 7.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, DB2 v8, MSSQL 2000
Confidential, Bangalore, INDIA Jun '04 - Mar '06
Central Data Warehouse (CDW) is a Data Warehouse project that is carried out for UST's Europe Client (Vodafone technologies) that provides seamless mobility products and solutions across broadband, embedded systems and wireless networks. We used OBIEE to develop Repository, Reports, and Dashboards for Business users.
- Developed Solution Designs and Detailed Design Documents based on Siebel Analytics Requirements and Business reviews.
- Configured Column and Dashboard Filters in Siebel Analytics Requirement validation of the reports and drilldowns.
- Expert in Siebel Analytics Physical, Business and Presentation Layers.
- Extensively worked on physical, business and presentation layers
- Developed Assets, Opportunities, Entitlements, Partner Authorizations, Service Requests subject areas using Siebel Analytics/Answers.
- Expert in Siebel Analytics components - Clients, .RPD, Presentation Services, server, repository and data sources.
- Extensively worked on RPD, Web cat and Dashboards.
- Created logical tables and assigned levels and custom aggregation rules.
- Used Catalog manager to do work between folders.
- Worked on Siebel Analytics Administration tools - online and offline.
- Written SQL queried to test the OLTP & OLAP Databases based on changes of the functionality.
- Created logical tables and assigned levels and custom aggregation rules.
- Extensively worked on synchronizing the thin client to the Handheld (palm) and completed successfully.
- Verified logical tables and validated levels and custom aggregation rules.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.7, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server
Bachelor of Information Technology