Result-oriented and self-motivated professional with the desire for constant learning and 6 years of experience in the IT field. Demonstrated:
- Strong understanding of database and BI application design and development principles
- Ability to conduct user interviews, analyze business requirements, and propose effective solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Capability of being equally effective working independently and as a part of a team
- Strong communication and training skills.
- Quick learner, able to grasp and master new concepts easily. Highly organized with the ability to efficiently handle projects. Professional and diplomatic. Speak Russian fluently.
- Business Intelligence: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Database development: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 SSMS, BI Development Studio; ETL, OLTP, Data Warehousing, OLAP; T-SQL , MDX
- Reporting Applications: BI Development Studio; PerformancePoint 2010/Dashboard Designer in SharePoint 2010; Excel Services 2010/ PowerPivot 2010; Cristal Reports XI
- Application Development: MS Visual Studio ,Visual Basic
- Web design: HTML, CSS, ASP, DreamWeaver 8
- MS Office 2000-2010: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook,Visio; Adobe Professional 8
- Internet technologies: Web conferencing/ presentation/surveys, E-commerce systems
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Network and peripheral equipment: TCP/IP, FTP, LAN/WAN, printers, scanners, fax
Education & Training
BI Master's Program, Graduation - October, 2012
BI WORK-STUDY EXPERIENCE
Implemented a Labor Analysis Business Intelligence solution for a national construction company:
- Created stored procedures, functions, common table expressions, and views from T-SQL; queried OLTP data with T-SQL and OLAP (fact and dimension) data with MDX. Applied data warehousing concepts to SSAS solutions.
- Designed and deployed ETL solutions in SSIS. Imported new/updated data from OLTP, flat files, or other sources into OLTP and OLAP databases by creating solutions to cleanse and validate input data.
- Built and deployed cubes, perspectives, partitioning, hierarchies, aggregations, KPIs, users and roles in SSAS. Defined report actions in Excel pivot tables linked to a SSAS.
- Developed detail and summary reports, line and pie charts, trend analysis reports, sub-reports, and MDX queries according to business requirements using SSRS. Created and deployed Matrix, Grid, Chart, and Gauge parameterized reports with drill-down and interactive sorting capability. Implemented subscriptions and snapshots as delivery methods.
- Integrated reports from SSRS with SharePoint 2010. Designed and deployed reports and BI Dashboards utilizing PerformancePoint Services/Dashboard Designer. Created pivot tables in Excel Services/PowerPivot 2010 integrated with SharePoint 2010.
Confidential - Los Angeles
Systems Analysis Certification Program, Expected completion - 2013
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), 2002
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2000
Confidential - Los Angeles
Programmer Associate, 2012 - Present
As a lead developer, define logical data model and design physical database structure for data consolidation and processing project to meet requerements of the major client. Plan and implement ETL processes for data maitanence and extraction utilizing SSIS tools (MS SQL Server 2008 R2).
Prepare lead data for more than 25 ongoing telemarketing and fundraising campaigns. Lead preparation process includes: data profiling, cleansing, transformation into different output layout utilizing Access and Excel applications.
Confidential - Los Angeles
Database Developer/Application Support, 2007 to 2012
DATABASE AND APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
- Proposed, designed, developed, tested, and implemented multiple internal client-server database applications utilising structured analysis and data modeling techniques. Consulted with users to identify operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Formulated plan outlining steps required to develop program. Prepared flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved. Designed database and application user interface (SQL Server, Access). Installed and tested programs. Wrote manuals for users. Provided trouble shooting and debugging support.
- Carried out IT Inventory Control System design and implementation project to catalog and manage location, configuration, cabling, and maintenance of all computers and peripheral equipment (SQL Server, Access).
- Maintained internal databases, crucial for the client management system, to ensure the integrity of data and uninterrupted information exchange.
- Performed backups and data migration operations between SQL Server 2000 and 2008, and other data sources.
ANALYTICAL ASSISTaNCE/ Application SUPPORT
- Generated statistical, financial, and business reports for various departments on demand in various output formats: Excel, Access, CrystalReports XI
- Installed, configured, and upgraded MS SQL Server 2008 R2 to meet system requirements for different applications.
- Analyzed and solve non-routine software and operational problems meeting end-users needs.
- Conducted group and individual training sessions on standard (MS Office) and specific (WebEx) software utilization improving staff productivity. Wrote instructions and manuals on software and equipment utilization.
- Updated content of the corporate web-site.