- Mid - level IT professional with experience in MicroStrategy, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Creative UI Design, Cloud Applications, and Microsft.Net programming.
- Innovative and energetic individual with proven ability to tackle diverse challenges and deliver strong results.
- Proven talent for performing in high pressure environments.
- Managing projects from inception stage and implementing project specific processes to quality standards.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, written and oral communication. An effective communicator with clients and team members, easily collaborating with executives, technical and non-technical team members.
- Proven ability in translating client business requirements into valid technical solutions. Ability to address, analyse and resolve diverse and complex issues.
- High expectation client relations
- Sales Delivery
- Problem identification /resolution
- New business development
- Cross functional team leadership
- Process Engineering
Business Intelligence: MicroStrategy V 9 & 10, QlikView
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL
Servers: IIS, Proxy and Exchange server, Apache, Web Sphere
Specialty Software: Microsoft Project, Visio, MatLab, Maple, Photoshop (Intermediate), AutoCAD, Wildfire ProE
Confidential, Havertown, PA
- Consulting firm specializing in building highly effective BI and data warehousing solutions.
- Core responsibility: Developing highly customized MicroStrategy documents / dashboards.
- Heavily involved in creating dashboard designs, PowerPoint layouts, Visual Insight mockups, and working with the clients to determine data relevance and positioning within complex dashboards.
- Building new projects to support new reporting schemas.
- Managing migration of MicroStrategy projects and objects from Development to Testing and to Production Environment.
- Troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompt, filter, template, consolidations, and custom group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Modifying and fine-tuning VLDB properties to optimize SQL queries for calculating the metrics.
- Debug, analyze and fine tune reports & cubes for optimized dashboard performance.
Confidential, Claymont, DE
- Leading Manufacturer of hydraulic torque wrenches, hydraulic power packs, and customized mechanical tooling.
- Primary Point of Contact between client representatives and in-house engineering & manufacturing team.
- Provide project management, technical direction and design-build leadership on multiple projects for an industrial hydraulic tool manufacturing firm. Heavily involved in business development, with proposals and presentations cited as key to large contract wins on projects ranging from $500K to $4M.
- Working closely with the customer to determine on-site requirements & working with in-house engineering and customer support to deliver these solutions.
- Designed and implemented business growth strategy in identifying new opportunities / customers.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Web Developer (Contractor)
- Created a web interface using ASP.net and C# to display SQL queries made from multiple databases in support of 2 Different Legacy systems.
- Working with SQL data queries and virtual tables.
Confidential, Exton, PA
- Created new excel macro’s using C#.net 3.5 to merge data from multiple excel files to remove manual data entry.
- Created a web application to track requests for new cost estimate projects and extended its functionality to allow field engineers to communicate with management regarding the progress of renovation projects. This was done using C# 3.5, ASP.net and MySQL.
- Design and create Web Application to monitor / categorize construction projects w/ SQL DB
- Automate excel spreadsheets using C#.net to unify information from multiple sources
- Prepare Excel Macro’s to expedite data analysis and report generation
- Effectively communicate with general contractors, field engineers regarding construction timetables and project status
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Primary responsibility was to work with the manufacturing engineering team and the New Product Implementation Team in creating a new manufacturing line (Liquid Chromatography / Mass Spectrometers - LCMS). This product was revolutionary in allowing for reading of over 1000 different instrument variables to help with product diagnostics but the software capabilities to use the electronics were lacking.
- Along with a variety of day to day manufacturing related tasks, worked with the manufacturing engineering team to design different tests that could be run on the equipment during the manufacturing process to ensure the customer received a quality product.
- This diagnostic software was written in C# 2.0 with XML data files for writing test procedures.
- This project received 2nd place for the Agilent Employee Innovation Award in 2008, a worldwide competition that honors the most impactful new and innovative projects within the company.
- Another major accomplishment was to create a web application for tracking manufacturing part shipments that was done using a large number of emails and whiteboards. This consisted of creating a relational SQL database with C# and ASP.net web interface. Created a windows application to replace the whiteboards with a 24” Monitor to display the relevant information updated using push based web services using WCF. This tracking web application is currently used to track priority shipments for facilities in Delaware, Germany, and China. The opportunity to work with people outside the USA and overcoming the challenges of working with different people remotely in different time-zones was a wonderful experience.