- Qualified IT professional with over 13 years of experience in managing SAP Confidential projects across diverse roles in the organizational hierarchy. Recipient of awards like “ Confidential means service” in 2011 & Confidential Insurance, 2009 for consistently rendering superior quality service; exploring challenging assignments with a professionally managed organization
- Over 13 Years of experience in the field of IT with an emphasis on Business Intelligence concepts & Implementations like Data Reporting, Data Modelling, Analysis, Mining, Design, Development, Data Migration, and Testing of Database/ Data Warehousing/Client/ Server/ Legacy applications.
- Over 13 years of experience on entire Business Objects suite including Business Objects XI R4.2/4.1/R3/R2/R1,6.5.x, 6.0, 6.1.x,5.1 Architecture, Design, migrations/Upgrades, Installations, Deployments, Development
- Expertise in designing Universes in UDT/IDT & developing reports Dashboards using WebIntelligence, Rich Client, Crystal Reports XI
- Developed Proof of Concept(Prototyping) for Business Objects Migrations/Upgrades, Developing new reports
- Familiarity in generation of Business objects reports by connecting to SAP BW on HANA and SAP HANA data sources with vast experience on entire Business Objects suite including Business Objects XI R4.2/4.1/R3/R2/R1,6.5.x, 6.0, 6.1.x,5.1
- Proficient in data visualizations using Charts, drill - down, parameterized controls using Tableau to highlight the value of analytics in Executive decision support control
- Engaged with SAP and worked with multiple MSP’s (Managed Service Providers) to do POC, to create a design / functional specification document to plan for future Business Objects upgrades / releases.
- Skilled in setting up the Filters, sorts, groups and Sets, reference lines, Bands and Boxes in different kinds of charts; Tableau advance analysis features like Actions, Calculations, forecasting, Parameters and Trend lines as well as joining tables, multiple data connections using blending, worked on Data Extracts and managing queries in Tableau
- Adroit in working on Client/ Server/ Legacy applications; writing, testing, and implementation of the triggers, stored procedures, views, cursors, packages, Confidential at Database level and form level using PL/SQL
- Highly organized, disciplined and task focused with fine-tuned analytical, troubleshooting and administrative skills. Personality traits include decision making ability and capacity to delivery under pressure
- SAP Business Objects SDLC
- SAP Confidential Design & Architecture
- SAP Confidential Admin & Development
- SAP Confidential Security Expert
- SAP Business Objects Migrations
- Universe Design
- Confidential, Crystal Reports Development
- Tableau Dashboards & Visualizations
- Requirement Analysis
- SLA Compliance
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
- Data Migration & Modeling
- Strategy Formulation
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
- Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Client Interaction
- Cross Functional Team Coordination
- Process Improvement
- Reporting & Documentation
- Root Cause Analysis
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003,2008,2012 Unix
BI Tools: Business Objects (R4.x/R3/R2/R1,6.5,5.x); Universe Designer / Information Design Tool; Web Intelligence, Confidential Rich Client, Confidential ; Upgrade Management Tool(UMT), Import Wizard, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports (2008, XI R3, R2, 10); SAP BW 7.3, SAP HANA Tableau Desktop & Public / Public; Infoburst, System Profiler, Erwin
ETL Tools & Data Warehousing: Informatica (9.6, 9.1, 8, 7.1.3, 6.2); Power Center, Designer; Workflow Manager, Repository Manager; Business Objects Data services 4.2.x, DataStage 7.0, Business Objects Data Services (BODS), SSIS; Star-Schema/Snowflake Modeling, FACT, Dimension Tables
RDBMS Technologies: ORACLE (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g); SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008), Teradata 13.10
Web Application servers: Websphere (6,7) Tomcat, IIS, Apache, WebLogic
ERP & Other software: Remedy Suite, Knowledge Management, MS Excel, Java, C++
Sr. Business Objects Architect/ Administrator
Technology used: Business Objects R4.2 SP5/SP4 R4.1 SP6 and R3.1 SP5, Teradata 11, Oracle 11, SQL Server
- Upgraded the Business Objects content from 3.1 to 4.1 using UMT tool
- Did a POC on Business Objects R4.2 SP4 / SP5 for evaluation of tool set for use at Prime
- Promoted the content from non-prod to Prod and vice versa for change controls.
- Resolved multiple issues for Tomcat, User’s connection / security, Universe access etc
- Supported the environment for Developers and Business Users
- Advised the DBA team on fixing data / LOC issues
Confidential, FAIRFAX, VA
Sr. Business Objects / Crystal Reports Architect / Admin
Technology used: Crystal Reports/Business Objects XI R1/R3.1 SP7/BIP 4.2 SP3,SQL Server, Oracle, BW 7.3
- Converted around 800 Crystal Reports, Folders and Repository Objects from Business Objects R1 to Confidential R3.1 SP7 using Import Wizard before they are migrated into BIP R4.2 Sp3 using UMT.
- Advised to client on strategy/planning to provide them the roadmap during migration from BOE R1 to R3 & BOE R3 to Business Objects R4.2 SP3.
- Configured Confidential / Native Oracle and SQL Server connections on BOE R3.1 SP7, security on BOE R3 to mimic the security on BOE R1, Windows Confidential on BOE R3.1 SP7 and imported users by importing the Confidential Groups.
- Set up Confidential queries against the BEX queries using the Confidential connection, Confidential reports against and Universe for reports being imported after migration from BOE 3.1, CSS template to be used as a model for other reports.
- Employed various Tableau Functionalities like Tableau Extracts, Parameters, Filters, Contexts, Data Source Filters, Actions, Trends, Hierarchies, Sets, groups, Calculations, Data Blending and Maps etc.
- Built Pilot project and demonstrated to business users on the capabilities of Tableau Visualizations.
- Used Business Objects Designer SDK to document the Universe for Universe parameters like DB tables, DB Columns, Joins, Contexts, classes, Objects, Conditions etc.
- Used Confidential SDK to create custom Confidential in Business Objects to change named user to Concurrent users and vice versa.
- Created multiple Visualization reports/dashboards using Dual Axis charts, Filled map, Bubble chart, Bar chart, Line Chart etc.
- Experience publishing dashboards and data sources to Tableau Server as well as managing access, user security, refreshing of Tableau extracts
- Experience in optimizing Tableau dashboards with a Confidential on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Created side by side bars, scatter plots, geomaps, filled maps and symbol maps based on management specifications.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports using Tableau.
Sr. Business Objects Administrator / Architect
Technology used: SAP 4.2, SAP Confidential 4.1 SP6/ 4.2 SP2, Crystal Reports Enterprise, Crystal Reports 2013/2011, UDT, IDT, SQL Server, SAP HANA, SAP BW on HANA, SAP Design Studio 1.6 sp1/sp2/sp3, SAP Lumira, Tableau, Promotion Management, Oracle 11g
- Utilized Business Object industry’s topnotch tool Infolytik MetaMiner to expose and customize CMS Metadata to get the better insights and take necessary preventive action before the production/ non-production outages by sending out system utilization, performance and BI asset management metrics.
- Used to Confidential DSK to create custom Confidential for scheduling of reports with a PDF format.
- Used Confidential Universe COM SDK to update the universe objects definitions
- Involved in design, development, testing & maintenance of Tableau functional reports based on user requirements. Converted existing Confidential 4.x reports into tableau dashboards.
- Set up Business Objects Solutions manager to supervise the metrics associated with Business Objects platform. Worked on design and deployment of rich Graphic visualizations using Tableau.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Pareto's, Combo charts, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Cross tabs, Histograms, stories; donut charts for analyzing sales planning data.
- Worked on advance analytics like Reference Lines and Bands, Trend Lines. Set up batch jobs to trigger Business Objects reports when the data is populated in backed DWH tables.
- Participated in design / planning / architecture of BIP 4.1 SP6 and POC of BIP 4.2 SP2, Lumira / SAP Design Studio / Tableau POC to evaluate options for future releases.
- Developed platform search by indexing the articles in the Business Intelligence platform.
- Set up the existing business intelligence enterprise environment into 2 separate environments: Confidential -hoc and distributed to ensure seamless distribution of publications/reports.
- Worked extensively on Business Objects / Crystal Reports / Dashboards from the source data which includes SAP BW on HANA, SAP HANA enterprise, Oracle & SQL Server.
Sr. Business Objects Architect / Administrator
Technology used: SAP Confidential 4.1 SP6, SAP Confidential 3.1 SP5, UDT, IDT, Desktop Intelligence, Upgrade Management Tool, Tableau, Report Conversion Tool, F5, Oracle 11g, Informatica
- Coordinated activities related to planning and migration from XI R3.1 SP5 to R4.1 SP6, design & deployment of clustered and distributed Business Objects XI R4.1 SP6 architecture by splitting the Analytical Processing Servers (APS)
- Set up SSO (Single-Sign-On) for Business Objects XI R4.1 SP6 using Active Directory ( Confidential ) and Shibboleth.
- Optimized resource utilization by configuring delegated Administration to Application owners by customizing the limited CMC tab access.
- Involved in modification of web.xml, server.xml & property files to customize the BI Launchpad for users
- Set up security in R4 by using the existing Access Levels (AL) and by creating the new Custom Access Levels (CAL’s) to provide the required rights for different kinds of users.
- Secured the Applications, folders, reports, universes and universe connections by setting up security using Custom Access Levels and by using giving additional rights in the advanced tab.
- Resolved migration related issues by migrating users, folders, user groups, universes etc from R3 to R4 using the Upgrade Management Tool (UMT).
- Worked on Report Conversion Tool (RCT) to convert reports from Confidential to Confidential in R4 and resolved issues identified during the conversion.
- Setup SSL (Secured-Socket-Layer) by creating CSR (Certificate-Signing-Request) on Tomcat for Business Objects 4.1.
- Performed F5 for load balancing of Tomcat to distribute the load between multiple tomcat servers and customized/deployed the war files on Tomcat.
- Setup aggregate awareness to tune the report performance when large records of data is aggregated on-demand; report bursting by bursting only specific content to the users based on users’ profile.
- Developed data visualizations using Data Blending Feature and by joining multiple tables in Tableau as well as consolidating data from multiple sources of data.
- Managed server sizing for optimizing deployments for enhancing system performance and stability.
- Designed & implemented Business Objects architecture, including hardware and software requirements. Used File & Scheduled Events for Reports/Publications scheduling.
- Set up load balancing by deploying SAP BO4.1 Server across multiple machines greatly enhances scalability and end-user response time.
- Worked on profiles and Publications for mass distribution of reports. Utilized publications to personalize and deliver content based on user profile categories and to reduce load on Adaptive job server.
- Monitored BI Servers/BI Applications/BI Platform Operating System health using Confidential Monitoring Application by Configuring Probes, Metrics, Alerts, watches and SAPOSCOL binary. Configured audits to track Confidential application usage statistics in day to day activities.
- Focused on back up & recovery by setting up DR system & Disaster Recovery Environment for System failures using F5 Technology.
- Developed Scripts for Auto Backing up the CMC DB, Audit DB, IFRS/OFRS and Content in BIAR backup that includes Universes, Connections, Confidential, Confidential Reports.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale
Sr. Business Objects Architect / Administrator
Technology used: SAP Confidential 4.1 SP5, Information Design Tool, Universe Design Tool, SAP Dashboard Designer, Tableau, Informatica, Xcelsius 2008, Upgrade Management Tool, Life Cycle Manager
- Involved in planning & designing architecture & deploying initial Business Objects solution for the client from the scratch.
- Worked with storage/DBA/Wintel/VMware teams to develop solution by troubleshooting various issues. Configured WINDOWS Confidential SSO for Business Objects Enterprise Platform using Confidential (Vintela)
- Managed Software Development life cycle (SDLC) of business objects server deployments from architecture, sizing, scalability discussions for Database/storage/server metrics to deployment of Business Objects releases Confidential 4.1 SP5.
- Tuned adaptive processing server using System Configuration Templates for Optimal Configuration to improve the performance of BI server response.
- Developed & implemented Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters including Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter, YTD, QTD and MTD type of analysis.
- Focused on administration & management of Confidential environment by Managing licenses, Managing Servers, Creating/Managing Users &Groups, importing groups from Active directory.
- Developed Custom Access Levels, implemented Folder and object level Restrictions. Set up connections, granted permissions and rights to users on Universes, Reports and Folders.
- Involved in designing & developing new universes, Confidential, Confidential reports in BOXI3.1 & BO4.1. Used Report Conversion Tool Converted Confidential reports created on Universes and Free-hand Sql to Confidential . Fixed Conversion issues identified in report conversion. Identified Conversion failed Confidential Reports having Free-hand Sql syntax with Local variables, Temp Tables which are not convertible.
- Redesigned failed Confidential reports in Confidential with newly created Universes, replaced temp tables and local Variables with derived tables(@derived) and Parameters(@Prompt) in the Universe.
Sr. Business Objects Architect / Administrator
Technology used: SAP Confidential 4.1 SP3, SAP Confidential 3.1 SP5, Universe Design Tool, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Promotion and Version Management, Report Conversion Tool
- Set up Load Balancing, High availability of the Business Objects servers. Planned & migrated from BOXI R3 to R4 including installations of BOXI R4.
- Migrated contents to R4, setting up the security in R4, troubleshooting the post-migration issues as well as Confidential Reports source changed from UNV format Universes to UNX format Universes.
- Converted UNV format Universes to UNX format Universes using Information Design Tool. Inspected the system configuration, perform root cause analysis, and deliver performance optimization and go-live services using BI Platform Support Tool
- Customized BI Launch Pad by adding logos, Titles and setting global preferences, CMC by CMC tab configuration Wizard, Confidential by Confidential Customization feature in CMC.
Sr. Business Objects Administrator/ Architect
Technology used: Business Objects XI R4.1/4.0/R3/R2, Informatica 9.1, Oracle9i/10g, Teradata, Tableau, SQL server, Crystal Reports XI, Tomcat, Websphere Application Server, Live Office
- Involved in design, architecture & administration of SAP Business Objects/Crystal Reports Enterprise/BMC Remedy Software solutions for enterprise wide use.
- Liaised with database/websphere/storage/ldap teams for compatibility issues pertaining to upgrade/release/migration.
- Configured Business Objects WAR files with server/cluster info, SSO (Single Sign On) etc and deployed these WAR files on Tomcat and Websphere using Wdeploy. Involved in integrating Peoplesoft HR application with Confidential enterprise environment and mapped and imported Peoplesoft HR roles and providing them with security.
- Participated in local business objects user group meetings, user conferences and workshops to know the latest market trends, new enhancements.
- Resolved universe problems like Loops, chasm traps, fan traps using alias and context, developed custom hierarchies to support drill down reports, created derived tables in designer to enhance the capabilities and performance of the universe.
- Developed visualizations using sets, Parameters, Calculated Fields, Dynamic sorting, Filtering, Parameter driven analysis using Tableau. Prototyped data visualizations using Charts, drill-down, parameterized controls using Tableau to highlight the value of analytics in Executive decision support control
- Coordinated and worked along with the ETL team to ensure the timely execution of feeds to the reporting tables and for any custom tables, summary tables for the custom function/logic needed by the business as well as testing the quality of data and providing inputs to them.
- Involved in installation, configuration, maintenance, trouble shooting of XI R3/R2 versions and involved in migration of FRS repository (security, document, universe domains) and databases from XI R2 to R3.
- Developed Analytics and Dashboards using Performance Manager to enable executives track progress and compare current and historical performance against established targets.
- Prepared SQL queries on universe to be used as derived tables, for custom complex Confidential reports and Tuned and Enhanced Universes with SQL Queries for the Report Performance.
- Set up server groups to target special set of reports to be run on a specific group of servers to balance the load of the servers.
- Deployed/maintained Business Objects Audit functionality by setting up its universes & reports
- Created Revenue Dashboard, Sales figure Dashboard using Xcelsius and used these dashboards to do a demonstration to business management.
- Set up, deployed & customized third party tool called System Profiler to expose comprehensive information from the SAP Business Objects enterprise repository.
- Se up & deployed third party tool called Infoburst for bursting of the reports to the users.