- A Production Engineer with over 8.5 Years of experience in Purchase, Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in small to multi - national companies, public and privately held manufacturers and aftermarket suppliers.
- Successful track record led to consistently progressing to positions of increasing responsibility.
- Proficient in managing assignments, significantly contributing to departmental goals and participating in cross functional teams.
- Ensuring on time material availability based on requirements.
- Customer to customer requirement planning & execution.
- Estimating & maintaining optimum inventory level.
SAP - MM module Domain Exp., Oracle 11i, MS Office
- Planned and released schedule for 14000 Confidential of Filters & Battery Business.
- Sales & operational planning of Confidential against Sales Forecast on monthly basis for batteries & filters. Weekly review with sales team to fulfill customer requirements on timely basis.
- Improved inventory turns from 17 to 22 -Achieve Monthly Inventory targets while fulfilling all sales requirements.
- Item A & B contribute to 85% of sales & expected to serve orders from stock with 95% success rate.
- Updated inventory classification on quarterly basis to keep close watch on C & D item & reduced the cost of obsolete inventory.
- 99% success rate for execution of make to order item within committed date.
- Improved the supplier lead time year to year.
- Provided supplier capacity analysis & capacity booking based on sales forecast on monthly basis. Worked with suppliers to ensuring material availability within given lead times, which helps to increase and maintain supplier performance.
- Oversaw and supported the new product development & developed smooth supply chain.
- Worked with Cross functional team like Quality, Design, Purchase, Service, IT, Finance, Warehouse team and Suppliers to ensure smooth supply chain and on time availability of material.
- Executed special bulk & sudden orders given by customers with close coordination with supplier.
- Fulfilled all the requirements of internal and external audits.
- Worked on Oracle 11i system, MS - Office etc.
- Executed the MRP (Material Requirement Planning), released schedules to Vendors based on MRP & ensuring material availability to avoid any downtime on account of material.
- Purchased bought out items like Forging, Castings, Rubber, Plastics, Seamless tubes, Fasteners, Std. & Machined bought outs, etc
- Coordinated & executed subcontracting agreements for items like casting machining, turned parts etc.
- Performed ABC analysis of materials to decide the stock level of BOC & semi-finished items.
- Monitored and controlled inventory to maintain Safety Stock levels.
- Monitored Commodity rate & amended purchase orders.
- Released contracts & generated PO, amendment of schedules, prices, in the SAP MM module.
- Active participant in cost saving drives at company level.
Executive Purchase Engineer
- Consolidated & prepared the global customer requirements.
- Oversaw and issued the schedules to respective suppliers on timely manner.
- Maintained the MIS reports.
- Planned & managed customer schedules including outsourcing from subcontractors.
- Handled purchase activities such as Enquiries, Quotations & Purchase orders.
- Member of continuous improvement team.