Business Experience: 8+ years
Administration Experience: 5+ years
Industry Experience: Legal, Communication & Banking
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
- Good understanding of the US Intellectual Property system and Laws (prosecution) and notably patent laws.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and utilize current USPTO patent prosecution procedures, including electronic filing procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage time effectively while managing multiple priorities.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA May 2011 - Present
Intellectual Property Assistant for Executive
- New patent application, IDS, Response to Office Action filing and pay Issue Fee via United States Patent and Trademark website.
- Support partner as an Executive assistant (maintain Attorney’s docket sheet and schedule).
- Maintain correspondence with the clients and our Paris office (European Patent).
- Communicate and correspond with USPTO and clients regarding patent application process.
- Translate Japanese correspondence
Confidential, Houston, TX Summer Internship 2010
Sales Associate Summer Internship
- Account Creation through “PeopleSoft” (IBC’s Data Entry Program)
- Introduced customers to saving accounts, loans, credit cards, CD.
- Account acquisition and Business Development
- Banker’s Edge Certified
Confidential, Houston, TX Summer Internship 2007
- Filling documents, patents, contracts. Translated documents from English to Japanese.
- Data Entry/Clerical Operations
Confidential, Okinawa, Japan May 2003 – Aug 2005
Financial adviser, Loan advisor
- Field loan and contract advisor
- New customer acquisition and sales.
- Business Development Team, Bank Liaison for Labor Union of Okinawa.
- Data Entry
Confidential, Okinawa, Japan Mar 2001 – May 2003
- Inventory Cost Accounting
- Clerical Operations
- Responsible for hiring and training for new employee
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts in International Studies and Commerce (December 2010)
- Dean’s list Award, Scholastic Honors Award (Received Scholarship),
- Phi Theta Kappa (International Honors Society)
- Bilingual (Japanese/English)
- Japanese tutoring, Japan Club
- Volunteer: Donation Drive, Rummage Sale for the Japan Earthquake Reliefs
- Cub Scout summer camps
- International Bank of Commerce new hire training (8 weeks)
- Banker’s Edge certified
- MS Word and Keyboarding certified