- Around 9+ Years of IT Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications in Insurance, Healthcare, Financial and Manufacturing industries.
- 5+ years of extensive Tableau experience using Tableau 10.X/9.X/8.X as a developer and Analyst.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool for Configuration adding users, groups, projects, data connections, managing licenses and data connections scheduling tasks embedding views by integrating with other platforms.
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Developed in creating highly interactive Data Visualization Reports and Dashboards such as Data Blending, Calculations, Filters, Actions, Parameters, Maps, Extracts, Context Filters, Sets, Aggregate measures etc.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Pareto’s, Combo charts, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Geographic Map, Cross tabs, Histograms etc.
- Improved Reports performance in Tableau dashboards using extracts and context filters.
- Performance tuning for the Tableau Visualizations and Tableau server using blending techniques and Optimize the VizQL server processes to handle loading and rendering views for Tableau Server.
- Designed and setup user security for the entire landscape to facilitate Windows AD login and used Tableau CMD for various Dashboard migrations from one environment to another.
- Installed and setup cluster environment for Tableau server and used Jmeter for load balancing and load analysis.
- Good understanding in AWS solutions like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and Big Data architecture like Hadoop (Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera) distributed system, MongoDB, NoSQL.
- Involved in designing Amazon Redshift DB Clusters, Schema, and tables convert the data into relational format to load into Redshift.
- Optimizing and tuning the Redshift environment, enabling queries to perform up to 100x faster for Tableau.
- Proficient in creating advance Calculations (Cube Calculations, Creating/using Parameters, Table Calculations, Totals) advanced logical and conditional calculated fields using Tableau Desktop.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, Gap Analysis, Change Management and Impact Analysis, Capacity planning, Proposal Development.
- Involved in testing Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively using extracts and context filters.
- Good Understanding in integration of Python through TabPy, Tableau Python Server in Tableau 10.5
- Expertise in enhancements/bug fixes, performance tuning, troubleshooting, impact analysis, Unit testing, Integration Testing, UAT and research skills.
- Involved in installation, configuration, upgrading, patching and admiration of Linus, UNIX and Windows Servers.
- Good knowledge in analyzing the traffic packets using snoop on Solaris and TCPdump on Linux.
- Developed parameter and dimension-based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Knowledge on Hyper to add new fields to visualizations, apply filters faster, and deliver complex dashboards within Tableau.
- Experience designing load injection tests leveraging TabJolt.
- Used Tabjolt during tableau server migration from 8.0 to 9.0 and used extensively to test the performance of dashboards.
- Optimized the dashboards in Tableau desktop using Performance Recorder and Analyzed dashboard performance on Tableau Server through Tabjolt, JMeter .
- Experience in performance tuning of Tableau Dashboards using Performance Recorder and Tabjolt .
- Set up Tabmom to monitor, aggregate, and analyze the health of your cluster.
- Knowledge on R Programming and associated packages which are used to drive statistical Methods.
- Expertise in Statistical reports through R-Programming - regressions, Predictive modeling, K-mean Clustering, Forecasting and standard deviations for current descriptive data set.
- Extensive experience in Data validation, data profiling, data quality, data analysis and statistical analysis using SQL scripts, Tableau Dashboards and MS Excel.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Import Data from multiple RDMS systems such as Teradata, Oracle, Netteza, SQL to Tableau Extracts.
- Well versed in using multi-dimensional expression (MDX) queries, mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions for developing reports from Multi-Dimensional OLAP Cubes.
- Very strong in implementation of data profiling, creating score cards, creating reference tables and documenting Data Quality metrics/dimensions like Accuracy, completeness, duplication, validity, consistency.
- Schedule the Talend jobs with Talend Admin Console, setting up best practices and migration strategy.
- Good knowledge on ETL-Informatica Power center and Reporting Tools- Business Objects(Dashboard) and SQL Server databases.
- In-depth knowledge in formal Systems analysis design, implementation of Operational/Database systems, utilizing Oracle RDBMS Methodologies.
Programing Languages: SQL, SQL*Plus, HTML, XML, R-Programming, SQL*Loader, SQL Navigator, C, C#, Tableau Scripting, PL/SQL, Python.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, MySQL, Netezza, Teradata, Oracle 12c,11g/10g.
Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2000, UNIX (Sun Solaris, AIX), LINUX
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop 10.x/9.x/8.x, Tableau server, Power BI, Qlikview, Universe Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, BI Launchpad, Information Design Tool, Dashboard Design 4.0. Crystal Reports 9
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, Informatica, OBIEE, Talend 6.3/6.4, ERWIN, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler (Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplets, Transformations, Workflow Manager, Task Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager), TWS (Tivoli Workload Scheduler)
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Tableau Developer
- Developed internal and external performance management dashboards enabling business intelligence reporting for application portfolio in Tableau Desktop 10.4
- Worked extensively with Advance Analysis Actions, filters, Parameters, Background images, Maps, calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau desktop 10.4.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau desktop.
- Extensively used advanced chart visualizations in Tableau like Dual Axis, Box Plots, Bullet Graphs, Tree maps, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps, Symbol Maps, Bubble Charts, Pareto Analysis, Water Fall charts, funnel charts etc., to assist business users in solving complex problems.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server and creating new schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Developed story telling dashboards and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand, needed information.
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling huge volume of data .
- Created Crosstab’s to display underlying data based on various graphs and charts created for further data analysis.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes, Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Connected to the AWS Redshift directly from Tableau to access cloud data warehouse and quickly perform visual analysis.
- Used R built-in functions like SCRIPT REAL, SCRIPT STR, SCRIPT INT and SCRIPT BOOL to call R models and functions.
- Created Dashboards of several types for Analysis, Monitoring, Management and better understanding of the business performance metrics.
- Used R functions and models in Tableau by creating new calculated fields that dynamically invoked the R engine and pass values to R where the results are then returned to Tableau.
- Developed complex jobs using various stages like Join, Transformer, Dataset, Row Generator, Column Generator, Datasets, Sequential File, Aggregator and Modify Stages.
- Involved in analysis, planning, design, development, and implementation phages of projects using SSIS.
- Wrote T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus programs required to retrieve data using cursors and exception handling and Designed Data Modeling, Design Specifications and to analyze Dependencies.
Environment: Tableau 10.2/10.4/10.5, SSIS/SSRS 2012,2008, ORACLE 11G , Teradata, Flat Files, MS PowerPoint, Informatica, SQL Server 2012/2016, Java, IBM DB2 Database, Linux.Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Experience in designing and development of Tableau visualization solutions and Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau 9.3 features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop 9.3 and published them on to Tableau Server, which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Created ad-hoc reports to users using Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Implemented Tableau Online to enable cloud implementation of analytics developed on Tableau desktop, and to make dashboards available on the cloud platform being implemented by the client.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Designed and Optimized Data Connections, Data Extracts, Schedules for Background Tasks and Incremental refresh for the daily, weekly and monthly dashboard reports on Tableau Server.
- Created histograms, pie charts, box plots, scatter plots, background maps illustrating the potential revenue change, destinations flown across different geographic markets, time-series statistics for price variance across different business units.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Used filters to display information from various time ranges such as YTD, TTM, and Fiscal Year-to-date.
- Responsible for creating fact, lookup, dimension, staging tables and other database objects like views, stored procedure, function, indexes and constraints.
- Designed data governance and data quality process for the subject areas including periodic communication plan to the business team.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Used Quality Stage stages such as investigate, standardize, match and survive for data quality and data profiling issues during the designing.
- Developed SSIS packages to load the data into the data mart with proper referential integrity and applying the right normalization rules targeting a sanitized data environment, involving transformations such as Fuzzy Lookup, Slowly Changing Dimensions Etc.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server 8.3/9.3, Oracle 12c, Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS/SSRS, T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS Excel, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP.Confidential, New York
Sr. Tableau Developer/Admin
- Designed and developed Tableau visualizations which includes preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau reporting solutions, allowing executive management to various trends in data related to Transplant database.
- Responsible for creating the complex Tableau Reports (On demand, Ad-hoc Reports, Frequency reports, Summary Reports, Drill-down, dynamic grouping, Cross-Tab, graphical etc.).
- Developed different views using Tableau Desktop that were published to the business stake holders for analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, Level-of-Detail (LOD), sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both tableau and excel.
- Created mockup dashboards and presented to the higher-level end users to have them a look and feel of the dashboards.
- Redistributed tableau server processes based on tableau's recommended configuration in a distributed environment to improve server's performance.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Used Tabcmd and Tabadmin commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Consolidation of reports by groups/regions and designing templates catering to the needs of sourcing/financial analysts & material and cost specialists.
- Designed the architecture of Tableau security by customizing the access levels and creating various user groups by assigning row and column level security at application level, folder level and user level.
- Created different KPI’s using Table calculations and calculated key figures (Manipulating strings, arithmetic calculations, aggregation options and Logical functions).
- Created custom Function's (Date range, Time functions, Logical functions) in the reports.
- Worked on Netezza JDBC, ODBC and OLE DB to configure data connectivity clients to connect Netezza system and run queries through the supported drivers.
- Performance tuning of dashboards, SQL Queries by applying Tableau best practices.
- Involved in created stored procedures, views, and custom sql queries to import data from sql server to tableau.
- Created complicated formulas and running totals on summarized totals for business measure calculations based upon various end user requirements.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8.0/8.2/8.3, Tableau Server 8.3, Netezza, SQL Server 2005/2008R2 Enterprise Edition, Visual Studio, SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, MS Excel, & Windows 2005 serverConfidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in End-to-End Implementation and Enhancements on Mobile Banking App data starting from requirement gathering and dashboards development in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau Dashboards for app usage data based on login time status, usage of pay bill capability, and transfer money to get better understanding of future enhancements.
- Created numerous Dashboards in Tableau Desktop based on the data collected from Mobile Banking App by importing and blending data from MS Excel and CSV files along with Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Experience with Tableau for Data Acquisition and data visualizations.
- Using Multiple Measures like Individual Axes, Blended Axes, and Dual Axes.
- Created Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Box and Whisker plots using reference, Bullet charts, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps, Pareto charts and incorporated them into dashboards.
- Involved in full development cycle of Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Extensively used various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, Control Flow Elements, Connections Managers, & import/export wizard while developing packages.
- Design, develop & test the ETL processes according to industries best practices using SSIS
- Generating on-demand, ad-hoc, custom reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in writing T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, used indexes, constraints & business rules wherever applicable.
- All data were migrated to the staging server and then that data were later populated to the OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) Server.
- Used SQL profiler for performance tuning & debugging issue whenever necessary.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server, SQL Server 2005/2008, Visual Studio, SQL, T-SQL, MS Excel, & Windows 2005 server, SSIS/SSRS.Confidential, Denver, CO
SSIS, SSRS And SQL Developer
- Modified report wherever needed as per the suggestions given by business analyst and analyzed the existing Actuate and SQR reports.
- Design of ETL processes to transfer customer related data from MS Access, excel to SQL Server.
- Manually performed Ad-Hoc testing, end-to-end testing, and system testing using SSIS tool.
- Developing reports using schema objects and public objects.
- Developed complex stored procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Used Database Engine Tuning advisor and SQL Profiler for monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O and SQL Queries.
- Created various Mappings by using various kinds of transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Join, Filter, Rank, Sequence Generator, Stored Procedure, Router, Normalize, Transformations.
- Managed performance and tuned SQL queries and fixed the slow running queries in production.
- Develop an ETL mapping as per Business requirement, developing SQL queries to perform audit between source, staging and Target data.
- Worked extensively with Date, String and Logical Function.
- Experience in database backup, recovery and disaster recovery procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 R1, Windows XP, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Windows Enterprise Server, Visual studio 2008.