- Over 8+ years’ experience in Data Analysis, Data Design and Data Visualization, Data warehouse, Tableau /BI developer.
- Proficient in Tableau 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x (Desktop, Server, Public) as Developer.
- Experience in Data quality, Data organization, Metadata, and Data profiling. Involved technical support on data warehouse teams. Demonstrated ability to move from one sequential assignment to the next.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie - Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other Local and Global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Good Experience in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Extensive experience in creating navigation links with in Interactive Dashboards and implementing interactive charts.
- Expert in Preparing dashboards using calculated (Table Calculations, Hide Columns, Creating/Using Parameter, Totals) fields and Formatting (Annotations, Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Mar Card Changes, Rich Text Formatting, Shared Encoding parameters, calculations, groups, sets and hierarchies in Tableau.
- Experienced in client requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, development (using normalization and SQL Server Enterprise manager), Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, DTS, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS 2005/2008/2010.
- Experience in creating dashboards with relational and multi-dimensional databases including SQL, MS Access at gathering and manipulating data from various sources.
- Expertise in Teradata 13.10, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica, SSRS, SSAS, UNIX, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in PL/SQL programming - Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, SQL tuning, and creation of Objects - Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Triggers, Sequences, Synonyms, etc.
- Excellent Knowledge in Data Warehouse Concepts, Data Modeling, ETL and worked on OLTP & OLAP in all environment which includes development (DEV), test (QA) and production (PROD).
- Created ad-hoc SQL queries for customer reports and executive management reports
- Good in creating Reports that include Filters, Charts, Scorecards, Drilldown and Drill Through.
- Experience in local and global filters and Data blending, Data extraction, Data integration, Data modeling and Data rendering in Tableau.
- Strong database knowledge of SQL, stored procedures and triggers. Master SQL skills and ability to troubleshoot.
- Proficient in SSIS to develop Crystal Reports for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into warehouse.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script Task and Send Mail Task to generate various Crystal Reports.
- Worked with ETL process to Extract, Transform and Load the data into stage area and data warehouse.
- Proficient in designing of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Experience in Administration and configuration of IBM Cognos Application Servers, Content Manager, Gateway, and Transformer on Windows OS based machines.
- Experienced with multiple Relational Databases including Oracle 9i/10g, MS SQL Server and DB2.
- Experience in creating Data Modules, Data sets, Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Excellent knowledge on writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, views, cursors, Indexes and performing fine tuning in query side and database aspects.
- Outstanding Data analysis and management skills, reporting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Performance tuning of Targets, Sources, Mappings and Sessions.
- Gathering Business Requirement, Interacting with Project Manager and the Users for better understanding of the process.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux and Windows
Related Skills: MS Visio, Power Designer, Excel, version control, SQL Navigator, ER Diagrams, Conceptual, Logical & physical modeling
Data Warehousing ETL Tools: Informatic Power Center 6.2/7.1/8.6/9.5, SSIS, Business Objects Data services
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/05/08, MS SQL Server, Teradata, PL SQL, Toad, Sybase12.x/11.x, IBM DB2, MS Access
Methodologies: Agile Modeling, Scrum Model, SDLC model, Waterfall model
Confidential, Jersey city, NJ
- Analyzed and understood the process flow to provide solution for the proposed requirement change.
- Identified the area of the code where the fix needs to be done and prepared necessary technical development documents.
- Provided fix for a dataflow which was successfully implemented and accepted by the business.
- Designed standardized DataMart with aggregated data, calculated metrics to suffice the source data need for various Tableau Reports and worked with ETL developers, DBAs, Data Modelers to implement the same in Development, Test and Production environment.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server, creating new schedules and checking the tasks daily on the server.
- Used Tableau to create visual interactive dashboards using calculations, parameters and workbooks for decision making.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Scheduled Cron Jobs and had extensive experience in writing, editing and troubleshooting various Refresh Cron Jobs using PUTTY.
- Writing various queries to pull the data required to verify the Metrics calculations form backend.
- Successfully extracted data and completed data conversion for legacy systems
- Performed rigorous unit testing for the code change in development and stage environments.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
- Given training/demos to users on Tableau Desktop for development.
- Included finalized model from data mining team to OLAP cubes created by real-time data to test the efficiency of the model.
- Created Tableau worksheet which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Created Data Connections, Published on Tableau Server for usage with Operational or Monitoring Dashboards.
- Successful deployment of the code changes in production.
- Granting Permission to User’s and maintaining the User List and updated Server Architecture for scheduling Tasks.
- Analyzed and resolved performance and server-based issues.
- Documented interactive dashboards by combination of views and reports.
- Created crosstabs by conversion of existing charts.
- Conducted data analysis using interactive Excel features.
- Implemented table partitioning to maintain performance levels.
- Evaluated database performance issues and executed database optimization.
- Experience on working with portal 11g.
- Developed SQL scripts to create database objects like Tables, Views and Sequences and created PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Packages.
Environment: Oracle 11g Ex, Toad 12.1, PUTTY, Windows 7, Tableau Desktop 10.1, Tableau Server 10.1, Java Script API, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Responsible for interaction with business stake holders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery, covering the entire Tableau development.
- Experience with the technologies like, Hadoop, SQL in writing custom SQL and working with large data sets and optimize performance within Tableau.
- Responsible for creating reporting data model as per the requirements. Experienced in constructing UX (User Experience) frameworks for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse
- Development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Expert in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Extensively involved in creating graphs by using measures and dimensions data from various databases.
- Advanced Tableau experience from dashboard design and development. Expertized with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report from each database for data validation.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Installed and configured Tableau desktop 9.0 along with silent mode features and migrated Tableau reports from 8.3 to 9.0 Version.
- Worked on several projects in parallel and Build the Dashboards in Agile Approach and utilized offshore team for the Dashboard build.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirement.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Published dashboards to Tableau server.
- Created Relationships, actions, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, in-memory in both tableau and Excel.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Worked with the customers to resolve various issues associated with the reports.
Environment: Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, MYSQL Server, Informatica 9.1, SSIS, Excel, TSQL, UNIX, Hadoop, SQL, Visual StudioConfidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Served as Business Systems Analyst meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the Users, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Followed Agile Methodology, Adherence to the Agile Scrum Methodology and following up on work on items JIRA.
- Prepared project reports for management and assisted the project manager in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, policies and procedures.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Developing and maintaining high level overview of the project and design flows using MS Visio.
- Used Autosys as Third-Party Scheduling tool.
- Worked on Business Intelligence standardization to create database layers with user friendly views in Teradata that can be used for development of various Tableau reports/ dashboards.
- Analyzed dimensional and fact tables in a campaign data mart that details Inclusion, exclusion and Segmentation criteria, Offer assignment and campaign response by campaign.
- Creating and modifying Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Used geographic view which clearly gives the performance of a state.
- Developed customized calculations when required.
- Worked on drill through reports by creating HTML references.
- Migrated all the reports, dashboards, scorecards from Tableau 7.0 to Tableau 8.0 after testing the version on Sand Box.
- Created various actions in database like filter actions to send information to other tableau worksheets and to connect the same in analytical flows, URL actions to connect views of data to external resources and Highlight action to provide rich visual interaction between the views on the sheet.
- Designed business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop and publishing the same on Tableau server, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing customer sales.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau 8 desktop/Server.
- Worked on Performance tuning of report with huge queries using concurrent query execution for better performance of report.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Use MS Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point to process data, create reports, analyze metrics, implement verification procedures, and fulfill client requests for information.
- Actively tracking schedule, clear and crisp communications with key resources, stake holders and SMEs to keep everyone involved in the project on the same page, milestone tracking and avoiding scope creep issues.
Environment: Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, Teradata 13.10, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata Administrator, SQL, Share Point, Agile-Scrum, Informatic, Autosys, CA Service Manager, UNIX, MS VISIO, Microsoft Office Suite.
Senior BI Developer
- Actively worked with Business Partners and Designers to get the Requirements and create High Level Application Design.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau and Developing Tableau reports that provide clear visualizations of various industry-specific KPIs.
- Access and change extremely large datasets through filtering, grouping, aggregation, and statistical calculation.
- Consult with customers and inside partners to accumulate necessities and set milestones in the research, advancement, and execution periods of the project lifecycle.
- Understanding of Tableau features like calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Created cubes using packages which are built in framework manager.
- Created and supported congas Transformer models based on the dimensions, levels and measures required for the analysis studio.
- Developed and Published Packages in Framework Manager - Connecting and testing the data source, created database layer, business layer and presentation layer defining the cardinalities and appropriate relationship between query subjects.
- Created Standard Reports using Report Studio, like Dashboards, List Reports, Crosstab Reports and Chart Reports and Ad- Hoc Reports using Query Studio.
- Created reports which involved Multiple Prompts, Filters, multi-query reports.
- Modify the existing report based upon the change request by the client.
- Implemented drill through on columns and cells to get the detailed information, and used style, render variables formatted the reports using layout component reference and Classes.
- Developed complex reports using Drill through, conditional blocks and render variables.
- Involved in status calls for requirement gathering and updating the requirements in the Design document and publishing the updated document into share point.
- Involved in unit testing of reports and model.
- Scheduling and Distributing Reports through Schedule Management in Congo’s Connection.
Environment: Tableau Server 8.1/8.2, Tableau Desktop 7.x/8.x, IBM Cognos 10.1(Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Powerplay Transformer), SQL Server 2005, Windows7.Confidential
- Involved in requirement gathering and preparing the both functional and technical documents for all reporting needs.
- Designed the Cognos Framework Models and Publish into server.
- Developed different types of reports with Multi - Logical Pages, Multi- Logical Queries, Different Layouts and Multiple Report Objects using Cognos 10.1.
- Created reports by using Query calculations and Layout calculations.
- Created new reports using conditional format, applying sort, ranking to data and bursting reports.
- Created reports using page breaks, drill-thru, and master/detail functionality.
- Create cubes in Transformer using Framework Manager IQD's, packages and report studio reports as a source.
- Designed the reports to audit the report user's activities and reported this on monthly basis to the Users.
- Assisted users in troubleshooting their reports.
- Execute performance tuning by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Cognos.
- Write different stored procedures, triggers in PL/SQL as per functionality.
- Coordinate with Development Team tasks& Deliverables and work on high priority issues.
- Interact with the End users on a regular basis for resolving issues pertaining to the reports.
- Extensively worked on Peregrine tickets to get it resolved the issues in Production.
Environment: Cognos 10.1, Cognos SDK, Teradata 12.0, Informatica 8.5, BI Query 8.5, Windows XP.Confidential
- Plan, design, and implement application database code objects, such as stored procedures and views.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Created ad-hoc reports for the upper level management using Stored Procedures and MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) following the business requirements.
- Created reports by dragging data from cube and wrote mdx scripts.
- Created reports by extracting data from cube.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Provide database coding to support business applications using Sybase T-SQL.
- Perform quality assurance and testing of SQL server environment.
- Develop new processes to facilitate import and normalization, including data file for counterparties.
- Work with business stakeholders, application developers, and production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Ensure best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security, documentation, and change management.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, Enterprise manager, VBS.