- 5+ years of extensive experience in IT industry as Cognos Developer/ TM1 Developer which includes extensive Functional and Technical experience in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, Business Intelligence (BI), OLAP, ETL tools, Product Development and Reports Generation.
- Strong experience with Cognos Analytics11/Cognos 10/8/7/report net versions and worked with all modules including Cognos Connection, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Event studio, BI CAFE, Web Forms, ETL Tools, Ad - hoc reporting and advanced report authoring.
- Experience with Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting solutions using IBM Cognos TM 110.2.2/10.1/9.5.2/9.4 Applications (Architect, Contributor, Perspectives and Turbo Integrator)
- Proficient in Meta data modeling with Framework Manager and experienced in layered approach such as Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Experienced working with large sets of data, database structures, theories, principles, practices and Multi-dimensional data sets in a Data warehouse/Data Store supporting Data Mart.
- Experience in Designing, Developing, Documenting and Testing of ETL Jobs in Data Stage to populate tables in Data warehouse and Data marts.
- Experience using IBM Cognos Cube Designer and Integrated Dynamic Cubes to develop Virtual Cubes.
- Experience in Cognos server maintenance and Administration.
- Experience in TM1 server maintenance, Administration and Advanced Turbo Integrator scripting.
- Experience in designing and developing TM1 Processes, Dimensions, Cubes, Applications and dynamic security at all levels of TM1 objects.
- Outstanding experience in creating report layout as List Cross Tab Chart and Repeater table.
- Strong knowledge on budgeting, planning, forecasting process and worked with Clients including Banking, Finance, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Technology and others.
- Expertise in Migration of Content from Cognos series 8 to Cognos 10 and Upgrading versions.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehousing tools including SSIS, Data Modeling Tools like DB2, MS SQL Server databases, SAP.
- Experience in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and ER Modeling, Maintaining Database like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in relational and dimensional modeling and Kimball methodology.
- Experience in full life cycle project development (SDLC) and familiar with ITSM and Scrum, including design, coding and development, testing and implementation, ongoing product support and troubleshooting issues.
BI TOOLS: CognosAnalytics11(Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Metric Studio, Framework Manager),Cognos TM1 10.2.2, 10.1,9.5.2,9.4 Business Objects XI Rel2.0, Report Net 1.1 MR3, MDX Microsoft BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
Databases: MSSQLServer 2005/2008/2010/2012, Oracle 11g,10g/9i, DB2Database tools: TOAD, PL/SQL Developer
ETL/Data Modelling tools: Informatica8.6/9, Power Mart/Power Center 8.X, IBM Data Stage 7.5, Cognos Data Manager
Internet Technologies: HTML, DHTML, ASP, Java Script and VB Script, XML.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Cognos TM1 Developer/Analyst
- Involved in designing TM1 application architecture and its workflow
- Involved in TM1 10.2 installation and configured Perspective and TM1 web as remote servers
- Worked on moving data from Access Database and Teradata to IBM CognosTM1 using Data source and CSV files.
- Gathered requirements from users and moved data from Specialty Trackers to TM1 and Created Active forms & Slices for the Users.
- Created Rates Cube & Write back Cube and worked on them extensively with Turbo Integrator Scripts and created Rules and Feeders
- Extensively worked on Active forms to create user input templates and reports with conditional formatting and security
- Worked extensively on Turbo integrator scripting to implement various scenarios with best practices
- Integrated TM1 cubes to Cognos 10 BI environment using Framework manager
- Created snapshot process in Forecasting cube which will populate all the forecasted values in the version dimension for given period, involving change of rules, changing flag in month dimension etc
- Involved in creating auto backup script to back up the data directory
- Expert in creating reports with multi-dimensional data sources using mdx functions
- Experience in writing Java scripts to make the dashboard more interactive
- Experience in creating dynamic subsets using mdx in dimension editor and also in turbo integrator scripting
- Designed workflow in TM1 application with manager dimension allowing managers to approve or reject forecasted values using pick lists
- Experience in scheduling the turbo integrator process using chores
- Implemented dynamic security by adding user from LDAP, create a user group according to the country and assign appropriate privileges to the user
- Implemented security at Application level, Cube level, Dimension level, Element level and Data level.
Environment: IBM Cognos PlanningAnalytics/Cognos TM1 10.2.2(Architect, Contributor, Perspectives, Turbo Integrator, Performance Modeler, Cognos Insight), Tableau v10, Oracle 10g, Toad for Data Analyst, Windows 7.
Confidential, Pleasanton, California
Cognos TM1 Consultant
- Managed TM1 applications end to end starting from requirement gathering to project delivery.
- Designed and developed Dimensions to support financial models based on requirement.
- Designed and developed data cubes for different models which will help Finance team to perform their planning and budgeting.
- Developed cube, complex rules and setup feeders based on the requirement.
- Developed and designed the ETL in TI process.
- Performed Troubleshooting by Diagnosing errors by viewing error log files.
- Understanding the gathered requirements and perform analysis to the specifications provided by the client.
- Designed and administered user access and security to TM1 objects to meet business requirements.
- Work with business users & other support in resolving any Cognos TM1-related issues.
- Supporting to ad-hoc queries or issues raised by Client.
- Interact with the Clients on a regular basis for resolving issues pertaining to the data delivered and special client requests.
- Worked and participated on Unit, System and integration testing.
- Created admin and user manuals and open to client queries too.
- Development and maintenance of systems documentation and training.
Environment: IBM Cognos Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1 10.2.2 (Architect, Contributor, Perspectives, Turbo Integrator, Performance Modeler, Cognos Insight), Cognos Enterprise Planning 8.4, Oracle 10g, Toad for Data Analyst, Windows 7.
Confidential, New York City, New York
Cognos TM1 Developer
- Installed TM1 admin server and configured several remote servers as windows application and windows services
- Created complex hierarchies in dimensions using Turbo Integrator(TI) process
- Assigned several alias to different elements and applied various formats for measure in the dimension
- Created Subsets for the dimension at each level of hierarchy
- Extensively used Turbo Integrator to perform ETL process efficiently
- Created dimensions, cube and loading data into the cube was performed in a single TI process
- Written scripts in metadata to avoid creation of uneven hierarchy dimensions
- Data was extracted and loaded into the cube from several data sources like Comma delimited files(.csv), Excel files(.xls, .xlsx), relational database (oracle 10g)
- Created new variables to concatenate two string variables and to convert numeric value to string
- Different cube views were created as per the user requirement
- TI process was created to alter the data into cube by, deleting all the data, delete specific element data and delete specific values
- Several business Rules were applied to the cube as per business needs
- Declared skip check and feeders function in Rules editor for faster performance of calculations
- Created Database Layer and Business Layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in Framework Manager
- Set up the security at the package level, query subject level and query item level
Environment: Cognos TM1 10.2.2, Cognos Framework Manager, Query Studio, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Oracle10g (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Involved in business requirement gathering by interacting with managers across to develop reports.
- Developed and published packages onto Cognos Connection using framework Manager.
- Developed complex reports using report studio.
- In order to provide optimal flexibility and usability all the reports are generated in Excel so that the users can further manipulate the data using Excel functions if they so choose.
- Created complex filters, Conditions and complex financial calculations for developing the reports using report studio as per the user requirements.
- Created Multi page reports with grouping and sorting, creating -master detail relationships.
- Used Conditional formatting to discard unwanted columns in the report using style variables and used render variable on some report pages to render the page based on the user selection.
- Developed List, Cross Tab, Chart and Drill Through Reports in Report Studio
- Worked on creating prompts and cascading prompts page.
- Created complex reports by using multiple queries and joins.
- Worked on scheduling and publishing the reports to Cognos Connection.
- Created executive summary report for higher level management.
- Designed and created dashboard style complex reports to provide information on key performance indicators.
- Worked closely with IBM Cognos support team.
- Involved in Production Support which involves solving user problems.
- Involved in UAT by writing complex queries.
- Prepared User documentation describing the functionality of each report developed.
- Worked with ETL team in order to translate functional reporting requirements into ETL.
Environment: Cognos 8.4, Report Studio, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Cognos Scheduler, Configuration Manager, Content Manager, Access Manager, IIS Web Server, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008.