- Senior Consultant, Project Manager, Business Analyst and Agile Scrum Master possessing Over FIFTEEN years of experience in Banking & Financial Services (BFS) Domain having served diverse financial clients in areas of Asset Management, Custody, Brokerage, Corporate Action, KYC/AML, Securities Lending & Collateral Management, Transaction Reconciliation, Counterparty Accounting & Settlement, Wealth Management and Banking (retail, loans, deposits and IRA) with fair understanding of Mortgage (Loan Origination and Servicing), Cards (Risk Management), Insurance (Life) and Banking ERP.
- Extensive experience in projects associated with Regulatory and Compliance areas with regulations from Dodd - Frank, CCAR (FRY14, FFIEC & Call reports), IHC, Basel III, SEC, FED, PRA, CFTC & FINRA on projects like Cost Basis, Dodd-Frank - Sec 165, Reg CC, Basel 239 analysis and reporting, FDSF Retail for PRA and form N-PORT & EDGAR Online enhancements for SEC.
- Project Management expertise (Over FOUR years) in managing resources, task and budgets for new initiatives and system enhancement projects with medium & large teams in onsite/offshore implementation models focusing on resources, task, schedules, milestones and burn management.
- Scrum Lead/Manager (Over ONE year) managing data warehouse and compliance reporting project.
- Successfully managed client expectations and executed projects worth $1.5M towards system implementation/enhancements spanning multiple modules and iterations in a fixed price project.
- Directed matrix teams comprising of Jr. BAs, Developers, and Testers on SDLC engagements including data analyst and Enterprise Architects with SMEs.
- Performed functionality decomposition for one of the critical applications in the area of wealth management with an Investment firm having presence in USA and in Switzerland.
- Experienced in various SDLC phases with proficiency in Waterfall, RUP, and Agile methodologies.
- Proficient in business processes (‘AS-IS’ and ‘TO-BE’) using GAP Analysis, Risk/Impact Assessment, Process / Project Feasibility Study to achieve end state requirements and drafting Concept/Business Case/Process/Target Documentation, IA, BRD, FRD, Vision and Scope Document (VSD), UI/Screen Prototyping, RTM, Test Plans, UAT, Product Release Notes and RACI Charts/Project Milestone Tracker.
- Good understanding of business processes for asset classes like Listed and OTC Derivatives, Equities, Mutual Funds and Fixed Income along with exposure to Securities Reference Data Management (SRDM) with sources like Bloomberg, Eagle Pace, DST HiNet, Golden Source with good knowledge of FPML and XML.
- Extensively worked on proprietary vendor products like ‘InvestOne' (fund accounting) & ‘GlobalOne’ (Sec Lending & Collateral Mgt) from SunGard, ‘MaxIT' (Cost Basis) from Scivantage, ‘Risk Analytics’ (Risk Management) from Moody’s. Also, was exposed to Actimize (AML), Fi-Serv UMA, Charles River IMS and Metavante (Trust Mgt) sub-systems during project execution.
- Extensive experience in reporting, data mapping using SQL across databases (Oracle and Teradata) and running ad-hoc queries and usage of reporting tools like Crystal Reports, Qlikview and Tableau.
- Sound knowledge of BI reporting tools like COGNOS, Tableau, QlikView and exposed to MDM suite from AB-Initio and COLLIBRA.
BA Tools: Rational ReqPro, BluePrint, MS Office, Balsamic Mockups, Pencil (OS), iRise.
SDLC Methodologies: RUP, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall.
Agile Tools: Rally, Version-One, JIRA.
Testing Tools: HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), IBM Synergy.
Business Modeling: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Business Modeler.
Languages: UML, BPML, HTML, XML.
Web Technologies: MS FrontPage, Dreamweaver.
Database: Oracle, Teradata, Sybase, MySQL.
Reporting: Tableau (10.9), QlikView, Crystal Reports.
CMS: SharePoint, Alfresco CMS (OS).
Data Governance: Ab Initio MDM, COLLIBRA GRC.
Business Solutions Consultant
- Created user stories for development and application engineering team in VersionOne for different epic and streams of the project.
- As an Agile lead, Managed scope and prioritization with Product Owners and deliverables reporting, retrospective meetings and team celebrations on milestone delivery.
- Lead client discussions and Joint Application Development sessions for requirements discovery and validation.
- Define requirements by interviewing multiple actuaries and stakeholders to understand the requirements and document in the form of Use Cases, Functional Specifications, Prototypes and Calculation Metadata.
- Provided data rules and processing logics for landing, staging, calculations and reporting schema with attributes, calculations, and rules for outputs from the OFSAA suite.
- Performed due -diligence and gap data analysis for current and historical data.
- Created framework for defining and maintaining data dictionary using Collibra tool as Data Steward and followed up with Data Management Council on steps to remediate mitigations.
- Maintained data lineage, definitions and database specifications in Collibra for each release including the data types, schema name, origination system of record, data domain, transactional vs. dimensional vs. derived data type, etc .
- Defined complex reporting requirements using excel prototypes and explaining related data-mapping with calculation rules to the development team.
- Facilitated Oracle Calls for OFSAAA schema enhancement and documented decisions/logs.
- Synergized with development to create reporting menu for generating self-serve reports using Tableau with standardized transactional data and post calc fields for user experience studies covering lapse, mortality, and partial withdrawals across Annuity and CBVA business LOBs of Voya.
Environment: SharePoint, MS Visio, HP ALM, Oracle OFSAA, Tableau Reporting, Collibra, Version One and other internal SoR.
Lead Business ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Decomposed proposed regulation "N-PORT" rule into REQ, FRD, and DCS.
- Conducted requirement elicitation meetings with IM Division, Office of Information Technology (OIT) and other business groups for file submission reporting and SEC's back office reporting systems.
- Assisted business groups in deciphering legal content with business parlance leading to analysis and insight of N-PORT regulation.
- Introduced iRISE prototyping and mockup tools in requirement phases to transition from Waterfall to Semi-Agile SDLC Methodology.
- Manage new data creation and alignment with DERA mandated data and governance process/guidelines.
- Facilitated meetings and partnered with SEC’s BA COE to develop iRise requirements, SOP guidelines and by delivering reusable master widgets across all EDGAR Online (EOL) and UI intensive forms.
- Worked with a PM on monitoring work scope, performance schedules, milestones and project deliverables for the project to ensure work is appropriately assigned, planned and performed cost-effectively.
- Applied expert knowledge of iRise prototyping definitions, data structures and data validation requirements for highly specialized regulation serving as SME to OIT and IM divisions.
- Facilitated and recorded minutes for desigining cost-effective analytical solutions for OIT and IM on data (retention, retrieval, dissemination, reporting, security, and audit ) for market sensitive N-PORT data.
Environment: iRise, SharePoint, MS Visio, HP ALM and other internal SoR.
- To support the development of the Bank's FDSF Credit Risk solution by streamlining implementation of Moody’s Risk Analytics (RAY) platform supported by QlikView (QV) Reporting covering 7 LOB’s and 18 applications by mapping attributes & entities from the MDM repository.
- To document requirements that adhere to Risk Weighted Avg (RWA) and Non-RWA reports for Mortgage & Non-Mortgage for REIT LoB through Historical data, MI and RWA calculations following PRA guidelines.
- Designed business controls and checks, rule validations, system mappings, calculations, data reconciliations and implemented changes relevant to regulatory reporting
- Review and analyze FDSF data for RWA/Non-RWA, MI reporting against historical submissions, including QoQ analysis and variance checks to identify/resolve errors originating from hosts/RAY/reporting systems.
- Performed data analysis by querying source data and calculations for ad-hoc periods and provide decisional information to validating calcs from the hosts and target systems.
- Applied financial product knowledge and understanding of regulatory guidelines (Basel III, US LCR) and liquidity measurements (LCR, NSFR) to determine their potential impact on the bank.
- Dealt extensively with data lineage for all 7 LoBs and facilitated data governance processes like data dictionary and characteristics to eliminate duplication.
- Participated in vendor software customization, configuration requirements, analysis, mapping, and stakeholder sign off on the primary documentation.
- Supported Program Management with weekly statuses on planned activities, deviations, issues, queries, milestones and escalations for reporting to senior management.
- Perform functional testing, log defects in HP QC and re-test fixes for QV.
Environment: Oracle, Moody’s Risk Analytics, QlikView (QV) Reporting, HP QC, SharePoint.
- Acquired broad understanding of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS), Dodd-Frank Section 165, and Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) for Foreign Banking Organization (FBO).
- To capture business requirements for the technology solution for bank's FBO-IHC program that complies with S.165 of DFAST .
- Created new data requirements and compared with other regulatory reporting to eliminate duplication from data sources/feed and maintained living documentation on Data Governance SharePoint.
- Analyzed and documented regulatory requirements, roadmap and frameworks for Reg Data-Mart program covering implementation plan, feature requirements for Data Sourcing, Extraction logics for Reg DataMart and maintaining Master Data mappings.
- As a Business Product Owner, Actively participated in daily Agile Scrum meetings, coordinated Release Planning, provided User Stories and escalated issues for schedule adherence, backlogs, and plans in coordination with the Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business stakeholders and Scrum of Scrums (SoS).
- As a Module Project Manager, Defined project scope, goals and deliverables with project task, resourcing, and budgeting using appropriate project tracking tools, fund utilization, project burndown charts along with the project progress, risks, and challenges with contingency plans for the Steering Committee.
Environment: Oracle, RALLY (Agile Tool), SharePoint.
Lead Business ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Interact with Senior Management to provide the estimate, status, and issues on report decomposition
- Onboard, train, assign and review report decomposition approach with the team members
- Validate decomposition approach for the Cards LOB under the guidance of Accenture and Confidential SMEs based on the directions outlined in Sec.239 of the BCBS act relating to data lineage and recording for accuracy and risk mitigation.
- Reviewed and analyzed codes for attribute and SoR across diverse systems to derive lineage and report them into the Accenture template.
- Interacted heavily with the business and IT team to resolve queries and defects for SOR.
- Coordinated with various stakeholders globally for additional documents about system access, reporting logic, requirement gathering and review of the reports submitted by Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to the board of Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS).
- Compared, created and maintained data lineage for Cards LoB in Ab-Initio Meta Data Management (MDM) platform to retain consistency from process documentation by working with data stewards.
Environment: Oracle Essbase, Business Objects, SAS, Other internal SoR and Ab-Initio MDM.
Lead Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Interact with Marketing and other Business stakeholders to understand Voice of Customer (VOC) and identify customer requirements that can enhance Confidential ’s market position
- Conducted JAD sessions for project feasibility and business requirements
- Document Use Cases (UC), System Specifications, Navigation flows and Mobile prototypes in Azure.
- Coordinated with various BUs and stakeholders for system requirements, product integration documentation, testing and implementation of the systems.
- Validate metrics and evaluate release candidates based on Testing and Development release cycles.
- Analyzed, researched and recommended well-articulated feasible solutions for implementing new designs and suggested underlying dependencies mitigate risk.
Environment: Clarity, SharePoint, MS Visio, Azure, FIS.
- Read the rules and analyze to create template for analysis of 4000+ business entities
- Coordinate with various BUs and different stakeholders globally for additional documents about in corporation, activities, purpose, trading products list, investor list and constitutional references for shell, standalone and subsidiary entities to extract records of investors, products, and positions.
- Validate data against business entities and updated management with deliverables post analysis of BU’s located globally.
- Validate records and transactions from Legal Structure Database (LSDB) on business entity setup services offered by UBS.
- Documented Standard Operating Processes (SOP) that outlined the methodology towards assessing BU's for Dodd-Frank compliance.
Environment: LSDB, SharePoint.
Lead Business Systems AnalystResponsibilities:
- Worked with Product Owners cum stakeholders to elicit requirements, scope definition, prioritization and the release plans.
- Socialize system design approach and collaborate with technical teams for recommended solutions; ensuring all interfaces are identified and understood with documented business processes and system workflows
- Created processes and systemic data flow for Checking, Brokerage and Sweep accounts incorporating guidelines from Reg DD for front-middle-back office functions.
- Adhered all aspects of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and KYC Programs including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Cash transaction management, suspicious activity reporting (SAR) and customer identification requirements leveraging household data for historical frauds and risk using Actimize and other market databases to derive household risk score.
- Documented flows with upstream-downstream files from Actimize, Householding and Customer databases for customer/household fraud history validations and for calculating risk assessment to determine earliest fund availability.
- Followed FSDM delivery methodology for requirements documentation, estimate analysis, establish milestones and for scope management.
- Developed mock-ups for incorporating the Web and mobile messages for deposits process in iRise.
- Documented high-level test scenarios and test conditions to satisfy Reg CC requirements.
Environment: Tools: Visio, SharePoint. DB2, GRE, Actimize CDD, iRise.