- 6+ years of work experience in SQL Server Development and experience in OLTP, Operational Data Source (ODS), Dimension Modeling, Data warehouse, OLAP and various Database technologies.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft and other BI Technologies; SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Excel Pivot Tables, Tableau.
- Development experience on Database Design and Development in SQL server 2005/2008/2008R2 system in OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Experienced with T-SQL in constructing Tables, Triggers, User Function, Views, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries and Data Integrity.
- Experience in creating Data Analysis and Reporting, Parameterized Reports, Drill through and Drill Down reports, Tabular reports
- Developed Reports using efficient data retrieval techniques different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, and distributed Reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Created ETL packages using SSIS to move data from various heterogeneous data sources.
- Experienced in SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases
- Proficient understanding of Snow Flakes Schema and Star Schema.
- Experience using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in building OLAP Cubes, defining Referenced Relationships and creating Hierarchies in SSAS
- Experience in data and report analysis based off business requirement and existing reporting tool with good understanding on subtleties of data, processes, business units
- Good understanding ofNormalizationandDe-Normalizationconcept for faster query retrieval
- Technical hands-on using SAP Business Objects 4.0 (Reports Designer, Web Intelligence, SAP Crystal Enterprize 4.0)
- Integration and User Acceptance testing experience.
- Experience in all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, TSQL ,C, C++, 8085/8086 Assembly Language, Unix shell scripting, familiar with groovy
- Databases: Oracle 8i/9i, MySQL, MS SQL Server2005/2008, Teradata
- Database management tool: Oracle Enterprise Management, SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant
- Data Modeling Tools: MS-Visio, MySQL Workbench
- Reporting Tools: SSRS, Tableau, Web Intelligence, SAP Crystal Enterprize 4.0
- Operating System: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, Linux, MS-DOS
- ETL & OLAP Tools: SSIS 2005/2008 and SSAS 2008
- Other Tools: MS Visual Studio, MS-Office, SQL*plus, familiar with SAP reporting tools. Familiar with OLAP tool SSAS
- Masters in Database Technology Confidential
- Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering Confidential, Nepal
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
Business Information Officer (email marketing BI)
Client is one of the largest health plan providers in the USA. Major responsibilities include organizing, analyzing and maintaining the data collected from different sources and draw an accurate inference on plan performance. Also analyzing data/reporting requirements and develop SQL based solutions for ETL and reporting marketing data. This analysis was the basis for planning and decision making process of the organization.
- Worked in relational database and reporting technology in design, development and implementation of Microsoft Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse systems.
- Involved in designing the new packages & also modified the existing packages for the ELT Load using SSIS 2008 to load data to and from various sources..
- Development of logical and physical data model / database, ETL processes, BI reporting / OLAP cubes / OLAP reporting and population and tuning of databases / ETL processes / BI reports / queries while meeting business / user requirements.
- Wrote the T-SQL statements, joins and stored Procedure used in validating the data.
- Developed and executed user acceptance testing, end user knowledge transfer, executed systems implementation and conversion plans.
- Data migration (Import & Export using BCP) from text to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server
- Performed all Conversion goals and objectives which include identifying data for processing email marketing, and validating of historical emails available for migrating to Data warehouse.
- Analyzed and performed Data mapping which involves identify source data field, identify target entities and their lookup table id’s, and translation rules. Evaluation of data groups and data critically and developed automated conversion process.
- Developed and modified many Scalar Valued Functions, Stored Procedures for parsing data required for mapping in EDW.
- Developed Store Procedure and Staging table for data push from local email marketing database to EDW Data Warehouse.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2008, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS Excel, MS Office, Teradata SQL Assistant.
Confidential, Aurora, Colorado
Empereon Marketing is a leading provider of comprehensive contact center solutions specializing in multi-media, customer-centric interactions. The project focused on developing a client specific reports that enables the company to track the activities to better serve them and offer them additional products and services.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision
- Configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown, Drill through & Cascaded reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Documented all database objects, procedures, views, functions & packages for future references.
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Write an Adhoc queires for Business analysts to extract required daily data.
- Weekly receive .txt and Excel files to update the tables in DB.
- Created SSIS packages (ETL) to migrate data from heterogeneous sources such as MS Excel, Flat Files, .CSV files, Oracle etc.
- Create pivot tables in Excel from SSAS data source.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2005, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS Excel, MS Office
Confidential, Westminster, Colorado
Sales Partnerships, Inc. is private company that provides complete sales outsourcing solutions to large enterprise and middle market clients. Major responsibility includes creating parameterized reports, drill through and drill down reports to show daily, monthly, quarterly performance of sales representative, extraction and transformation of data and data analysis of sales data on daily basis.
- Actively interacted with Business Users to gather, verify and validate various Business requirements to create reports
- CreateReport Subscription
- Data migration (Import & Export using BCP) from text to SQL Server2008.
- Involved in the development of ETL Packages to populate data from the various data sources.
- Worked extensively with front end team to meet the business requirements
- Convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed Logical flow charts for coding
- Created database objects, relationships and structures
- Worked on writing Stored Procedures using T-SQL as well as analyzing and debugging existing complex stored procedures.
- Provided technical and analytic expertise in responding to complex specialized report requests
- Extensively usedJoins and Sub-Queriesto simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Used Data-Driven Subscriptions to generate automated weekly reports and email it the required users using SSRS 2008.
- Scheduled Daily and weekly Jobs and Alerting usingSQL Server Agent.
Environment: SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS Excel, MS Office, VSS
Envysion is privately owned loss prevention Company. Through its MVaaS (Managed Video as Sevice) platform, Envysion minimizes the cost and complexity of managing a large scale video system deployment, allowing for rapid organization-wide adoptability without taxing the IT department or network. My responsibility incorporated using in-house ETL and reporting tool to load and transform from various data sources and generate daily and monthly reports on POS system and CSR.
- Created Process Flow Diagram with details of the different steps involved in the process
- Prepared Detail Design Specifications document that includes process design considerations, dependencies information, restart ability and brief explanation of the entire process
- Participated in business analysis and development of report requirements specifications and business rules
- Data analysis to create reports based on business requirement
- Worked with multiple groups (both business and technical) across organizations and clients to present the data/process and determine validity
- Worked with data warehouse research team to figure out data, processes and business units requirement
- Provide Post-Implementation Support and transitioned the process to the Production Support/ Maintenance team
Environment: MySQL SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS Excel, MS Office, Jaspersoft, Goovy-Java, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Information Technology Services, Denver, CO
In Regis, I worked part-time as sql data developer/analyst. I assisted in cleaning and maintaining technical and programmatic data for their business intelligence initiative project.
- Developed user requested reports and pivot tables in Excel.
- Document specifications for business intelligence or information technology (IT) reports, or other outputs.
- Create or review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of reporting solutions.
- Created Stored Procedures for commonly used complex queries involving join and union of multiple tables.
- Check data validation and data completeness.
- Created views consisting of computed columns to facilitate easy user interface.
- Created and Implemented triggers in T-SQL to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, MS Excel, MS Office, T-SQL.
Confidential, Kathmandu, Nepal
SQL Developer (intern to full time position)
Technology Consultancy Services is the privately owned consulting company in Nepal. This project involved the database design, configuration and maintenance of SQL Server 2000.
- Involved in requirements gathering and converting them into database related components
- Involved in installing and configuring of the SQL Server 2000
- Created Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, User defined Functions and other DML, DDL statements
- Extensively usedJoins and Sub-Queriesto simplify queries involving multiple tables
- Involved in the basic database backup and recovery
- Implemented user login and security
- Involved in the development, design and testing of the system
- Involved in administrative tasks of managing users, logs and profiles
- Documented all the processes involved in maintaining MS SQL database
- Gathered requirements to identify and create database objects such as tables, views, triggers and indexes.
- Involved in Normalization of the database and bringing it to 3NF.
- Involved in creating the constraints, rules, defaults and triggers to maintain the data and referential integrity.
- Created ER diagrams using Visio.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Excel, MS Office, Windows Server 2003, T-SQL.