A Tier III technician/OSP/independent contractor with over a decade of technical field experience and troubleshooting in Fiber, voice and high - speed data, cable installation and infrastructure.
Field Serviceability Technician/Surveyor
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Perform surveys or walkouts of special projects when field staff is required for data collection. This could include, but is not limited to, customer surveys, building wiring verification, pole audits, etc.
- Support field serviceability programs to evaluate potential customer’s physical location against the proximity of existing Charter plant.
- Perform field testing of customer premise equipment (CPE) and coordinate test results with a support team to validate unauthorized STB movement (STB Security).
- Conduct minor, non-customer impacting plant maintenance work to improve the overall performance of the network and longevity of the plant as directed.
- Assist fulfillment and maintenance staff with work during periods of high activity or emergency situations, such as large scale storm damage. This work will be on an as needed, project based or temporary basis.
- Maintain accurate records, including time worked, daily logs and gas sheets, as required
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain, stock, and secure
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal regulations
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Fiber Optic Installer
- Installation, maintenance and repair of Confidential residential and business premises
- Installing single line and multi line fiber optic cables
- Testing the fiber with different modern tools before the install
- Responsible for installation of aerial, underground and mdu install
- Perform fiber splicing, mechanical splicing, fusion splicing, balancing sweeping of fiber nodes, install and balance system for two way return for high speed cable modems
- Perform site survey, QA.
- High-speed Data, Cable and Phone Installation Technician/Tier III Technician
- Responsible for installation of video, data and phone services
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair business broadband products
- Analyze Ethernet and coaxial terminations at commercial and residential locations
Short-term Project Contractor
- Lead Telecommunications Technician/Tier II Technician
- Installed voice, high-speed data, fiber optics and equipment room build outs in a structure cabling environment
- Networked fiber optic, coaxial cabling and security systems wiring
- Tested IP phones and work stations for internet access at commercial locations
- Fulfilled digital requests and “trouble tickets” Installed data, voice and fiber optics to industry standards
- Wired cabling, security cameras and card readers
- Responsible for termination and testing of these various wiring and equipment